NBA 2020 Draft Prospects Thread

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Re: NBA 2020 Draft Prospects Thread 

Post#421 » by stitches » Tue Nov 10, 2020 9:49 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Going back to the rumor of the Jazz acquiring the Hawks pick, what if instead of Williams it is Haliburton they are targeting? He and Mitchell could form a nice backcourt.

Haven't watched much of him, but from what I'm hearing he indeed sounds like someone who would fit well with Mitchell. How is his defense?
AingesBurner
RealGM
And1: 3,737

Post#422 » by AingesBurner » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:14 pm

The question is is O’Neale or Bogey enough? I’d much prefer to trade O’Neale.
Ingles is cooked.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,021

Post#423 » by SoCalJazzFan » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:26 pm

stitches wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:Going back to the rumor of the Jazz acquiring the Hawks pick, what if instead of Williams it is Haliburton they are targeting? He and Mitchell could form a nice backcourt.

Haven't watched much of him, but from what I'm hearing he indeed sounds like someone who would fit well with Mitchell. How is his defense?

He got 2.7 stls and 0.7 blcks per game this past year and looks long, although he need to get stronger. I think he could guard 1s and 2s. His bbiq is mentioned as a strong point.
KqWIN
RealGM
And1: 6,360

Post#424 » by KqWIN » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:36 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:
stitches wrote:

He got 2.7 stls and 0.7 blcks per game this past year and looks long, although he need to get stronger. I think he could guard 1s and 2s. His bbiq is mentioned as a strong point.

He might be my #1 player this draft. I certainly prefer him to Lamelo...but let's be real here, we're not trading up to number 6 :lol:
Catchall
RealGM
And1: 10,253

Post#425 » by Catchall » Tue Nov 10, 2020 10:52 pm

If the Jazz moved up to #6, I think they'd be looking at Hayes, Okoro and Williams. I'd be surprised if they wanted Haliburton.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#426 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:22 pm

stitches wrote:
KqWIN wrote:Okongwu might be my top player in this draft :lol: . I think the top of this draft is very, very bad.

This draft reminds me of the Anthony Bennet draft. Someone might find their Oladipo at the top, but there are going to be some huge busts. Hopefully there’s a Giannis or Gobert waiting for us at the end of the draft.

Hopefully we get our new Gobert and not our new Trey Burke.

For whatever it's worth this was posted on Hawks reddit by someone claiming to be Hawks insider:

https://www.reddit.com/r/AtlantaHawks/comments/jon766/hawks_leaks_thread_two/

-Obviously stuff all over, but I was told that Utah, surprisingly, was calling the Hawks often about moving up to the #6 pick as they are targeting a player who would be there. Obviously a big jump from where they are in the draft but it could turn into a 3-team deal where the Hawks get a few veteran pieces. Stay tuned on this one.

So... Jazz aparently want to trade up to that 5-6-7 range for someone specific. If that's the case then who is that player you guys think?

Also... what would it take to trade up to 6? I don't really feel like we have enough to trade that far up. Bogdanovic? Do they want Bogdanovic? Do we want to trade him?Can we extract value out of Conley's expiring via 3 team trade? What about Cleveland or Detroit? If we've contacted Atlanta, chances are we've done it with other teams in that range in case our guy falls there too?

Who might we be targeting? Okoro? Toppin? Hayes? Haliburton? Maledon?

Rumors are Ball has been stinking up the interviews and meetings with teams and might be falling... can it be him?

I took a look at various HawksLeaks Reddit posts, including the one above, and it seems like this guy is in fact connected, particularly taking into account the recent Stein report that the Hawks might be interested in trading the #6 for Jrue Holiday.

The guy has thrown out a few possible moves by the Hawks, who appear to be anxious to get a quality vet player and make the playoffs while keeping their salary cap for the 2021 offseason. He said in one post that the Hawks would be willing to forego an A trade that was too expensive for a B trade that wasn't so expensive. Could the B trade involve Utah?

It would seem that the Jazz aren't merely planning on running it back next season.
stitches
RealGM
And1: 6,811

Post#427 » by stitches » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:32 pm

SoCalJazzFan wrote:I took a look at various HawksLeaks Reddit posts, including the one above, and it seems like this guy is in fact connected, particularly taking into account the recent Stein report that the Hawks might be interested in trading the #6 for Jrue Holiday.

The guy has thrown out a few possible moves by the Hawks, who appear to be anxious to get a quality vet player and make the playoffs while keeping their salary cap for the 2021 offseason. He said in one post that the Hawks would be willing to forego an A trade that was too expensive for a B trade that wasn't so expensive. Could the B trade involve Utah?

It would seem that the Jazz aren't merely planning on running it back next season.

If they are interested in Jrue, and fail to secure him... is it possible we try doing something with Mike Conley?

Conley + 23 + stuff for 6 and stuff?

Something of this^ sort ?
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#428 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:54 pm

stitches wrote:
SoCalJazzFan wrote:I took a look at various HawksLeaks Reddit posts, including the one above, and it seems like this guy is in fact connected, particularly taking into account the recent Stein report that the Hawks might be interested in trading the #6 for Jrue Holiday.

If they are interested in Jrue, and fail to secure him... is it possible we try doing something with Mike Conley?

I really don't see why the Hawks would want Conley over Jrue unless NO is asking for more than the #6 for him.

Stein reports the possible trade as a multi-team trade, so I guess there is a pathway in which Utah could be involved in the A trade too.
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,285

Post#429 » by babyjax13 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:55 pm

Locke seems to think that these are the guys Utah might be considering at 23 who will be available at that spot.
(1) Josh Green
(2) Jaden McDaniels
(3) Desmond Bane
(4) Robert Woodard
(5) Cole Anthony (strange addition, which makes me think Utah may be considering him?)

He's implied this is based on no inside info, but I kinda doubt that, I bet he's talked to some people.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#430 » by babyjax13 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 6:57 pm

stitches wrote:

I can't imagine Conley + 23 getting us to 6. Hawks fans have suggested Bojan + Royce for 6. I think that's fair in a vacuum, and I don't hate it, but I also don't love it. It's just kind of one of those trades where if it happens you'd say 'I get it, we are building around Mitchell long-term now.'

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#431 » by KqWIN » Wed Nov 11, 2020 8:10 pm

Bojan + Royce + 23 for 6 is terrible IMO. There a very real chance that 6 doesn't become better than Bojan or Royce.
babyjax13
RealGM

Post#432 » by babyjax13 » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:49 pm

KqWIN wrote:Bojan + Royce + 23 for 6 is terrible IMO. There a very real chance that 6 doesn't become better than Bojan or Royce.

I only like it if we trade Rudy. But, there is also a very real chance 6 becomes better than both (also I think the proposal has just become Royce/Bojan for 6, we keep 23).

JColl
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#433 » by SoCalJazzFan » Wed Nov 11, 2020 11:15 pm

Has anyone heard about any in-person visits/workouts? I understand that there is a cap of 10, but haven't heard of any with the Jazz.
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#434 » by KqWIN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 12:55 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Has anyone heard about any in-person visits/workouts? I understand that there is a cap of 10, but haven't heard of any with the Jazz.

Josh Green had a workout with the Jazz, TJ tweeted it out.

The #LockeWatch leader is clearly Robert Woodard right now. He’s his favorite player....it just feels different this year with covid though. Locke isn’t in all these workouts and talking to Jazz brass everyday. He’s doing his own analysis.

It does seem pretty firm that the Jazz will be drafting a wing. TJ and Locke seem certain about this, and it makes sense. No minutes for a PG or C on this roster.

I’m think I’m willing to rule out all the guys he hasn’t mentioned yet. Bey, Bolmaro, Reed, Maxey, Ramsey, Nwora, Stanley. Plus everyone that is clearly a C or PG.

Really feels like the decision is going to between:

Woodard
Josh Green
McDaniels
Bane
Catchall
RealGM

Post#435 » by Catchall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:17 am

SoCalJazzFan wrote:Has anyone heard about any in-person visits/workouts? I understand that there is a cap of 10, but haven't heard of any with the Jazz.

Jazz at least interviewed Theo Maledon. Not sure if he worked out or not.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#436 » by Catchall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:20 am

KqWIN wrote:

The #LockeWatch leader is clearly Robert Woodard right now. He’s his favorite player....it just feels different this year with covid though. Locke isn’t in all these workouts and talking to Jazz brass everyday. He’s doing his own analysis.

It does seem pretty firm that the Jazz will be drafting a wing. TJ and Locke seem certain about this, and it makes sense. No minutes for a PG or C on this roster.

I’m think I’m willing to rule out all the guys he hasn’t mentioned yet. Bey, Bolmaro, Reed, Maxey, Ramsey, Nwora, Stanley. Plus everyone that is clearly a C or PG.

Woodard
Josh Green
McDaniels
Bane

If the Jazz stay at #23, I think they'll pick whoever is left among Poku, Green and McDaniels. Maledon could also be in play.

I think they'd have Tyler Bey rated ahead of Woodard, unless they really believe in Woodard's shooting, but both should go after #23. If Locke is really hyping Woodard, it may mean we have a trade-back scenario--for example, NY gives us #27 + #38.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
Catchall
RealGM

Post#437 » by Catchall » Thu Nov 12, 2020 1:21 am

stitches wrote:

Jrue can play next to Trae. Mike Conley probably can't.
He/Him, Dude, Bro, Bruh
KqWIN
RealGM

Post#438 » by KqWIN » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:13 am

Catchall wrote:
KqWIN wrote:

Woodard
Josh Green
McDaniels
Bane

If the Jazz stay at #23, I think they'll pick whoever is left among Poku, Green and McDaniels. Maledon could also be in play.

I think they'd have Tyler Bey rated ahead of Woodard, unless they really believe in Woodard's shooting, but both should go after #23. If Locke is really hyping Woodard, it may mean we have a trade-back scenario--for example, NY gives us #27 + #38.

Purely from #LockeWatch, which has a 100% success rate btw, I think Maledon and Bey are ruled out. But who knows, it isn't the same this year with Covid.

Personally I think Poku is gone and Maledon is probably BPA when we draft, but we won't take him. I'm fairly confident in Woodard, Green, Bane, or McDaniels because of Locke.

Woodard could be a trade back possibility, but we also spent first round picks on Bradley and Allen who no one else had as FRPs. Those two were iron clad Locke guys and it was obvious we were taking them.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#439 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:29 am

KqWIN wrote:

Woodard
Josh Green
McDaniels
Bane

I haven't listened to Locke in a while, but you are right with the tea leaves he scatters. I wouldn't be upset if one of those are picked. I would be flat out happy if they were able to pick Josh Green. I would be enticed by the potential of McDaniels, but realize there is bust potential there too, Bane would probably be a solid rotation or above average bench guy. I'm not sure how I feel about Woodard. He might be a taller Royce O'Neill in many ways, in that he is a solid defender but not very aggressive on offense, so that wouldn't be horrible, although having both on the floor at once might be frustrating.
SoCalJazzFan
Assistant Coach

Post#440 » by SoCalJazzFan » Thu Nov 12, 2020 4:31 am

Is this the year to buy one of the 76ers dozen or so second round picks for bench depth?

Return to Utah Jazz