ImageImage

Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3

Moderators: dms269, Jamaaliver, HMFFL

raleigh
Head Coach
And1: 503

Re: Atlanta Hawks Official Trade Ideas Thread Part 3 

Post#681 » by raleigh » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:15 pm

I see we've reached "the grass is always greener" part of the offseason.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 11,907

Post#682 » by jayu70 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:23 pm

raleigh wrote:I see we've reached "the grass is always greener" part of the offseason.

Only 6 more days to the draft. :lol: .....it's gonna be Loco.
After so much inaction, starting Monday when the moratorium lifts.......BOOOM!
CP War Hawks
Analyst
And1: 1,429

Post#683 » by CP War Hawks » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:50 am

jayu70 wrote:
CP War Hawks wrote:Hmmm... AG and pick 15 for pick 6 has me somewhat intrigued, especially if they can get a very good package back for Collins.

AG has been the same player since he entered the league. He seems to have platued so getting him to trade Collins would be a no for me. I wouldn't be opposed to adding him and #15 to the team for depth.

Not advocating AG to replace Collins, just that he would be a decent replacement in case Collins camp insist on a number that isn't agreeable with Schlenk.

A good trade for Collins is exactly what it is. Something that would be hard to turn down and worth it.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#684 » by vtime » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:15 am

Radioblacktive1 wrote:A low BBIQ slashing PG who can’t shoot and wants to run the show is not good to have around this developing team. And no way in hell we have Tucker replace Capela who we just acquired so we can have the same rebounding issues we’ve always had. A hard no thanks.

A low IQ player doesn’t avg a triple double for 3 straight seasons. The rebounding alone takes great timing an IQ. And Westbrook and Collins can both avg double figure rebounds for you.
vtime
Rookie

Post#685 » by vtime » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:19 am

kg01 wrote:
vtime wrote:It absolutely does. You want to make the playoffs, he will get you there for certain. In addition you get all your young guys valuable playoff experience, vital to their development. He bridges the gap for 2 years until your young guys are ready to carry the team and then in year 3 you trade his expiring contract to a team looking to give value to for cap space.

It gets you a token playoff appearance while stunting everyone's growth, including Trae, because all they'd be doing is watching the Westbrook show. And probably fighting with him the whole time.

Juice not worth the squeeze.

PG almost won the 2019 MVP playing next to Russ, he elevated his game. Harden led the league in scoring next to Russ last year. He didn’t hurt either of their games and won’t hurt Trae either, he’ll take pressure off Trae to make something happen every trip down the floor and he can look for his shots when Trae is in the bench.
vtime
Rookie

Post#686 » by vtime » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:21 am

jayu70 wrote:
vtime wrote:It absolutely does. You want to make the playoffs, he will get you there for certain. In addition you get all your young guys valuable playoff experience, vital to their development. He bridges the gap for 2 years until your young guys are ready to carry the team and then in year 3 you trade his expiring contract to a team looking to give value to for cap space.

Westbrook is asking for a trade so 'he an go back to playing like he did on OKC', which is dominating the ball. He didn't like playing with Harded, you think he'll be any happier playing with Trae? Taking the ball out of Trae's hand will stunt the growth of the rest of the young team.
Pass.

He took the ball out of Harden’s hand? PG didn’t have an MVP caliber season with Russ not dominating the ball in 2019?
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#687 » by Radioblacktive1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:39 am

vtime wrote:
Radioblacktive1 wrote:A low BBIQ slashing PG who can’t shoot and wants to run the show is not good to have around this developing team. And no way in hell we have Tucker replace Capela who we just acquired so we can have the same rebounding issues we’ve always had. A hard no thanks.

A low IQ player doesn’t avg a triple double for 3 straight seasons. The rebounding alone takes great timing an IQ. And Westbrook and Collins can both avg double figure rebounds for you.

He does if his IQ is used to pad his own stats. The triple doubles were cool but the legitimacy of them has been debunked many times already.
kg01
General Manager
And1: 12,629

Post#688 » by kg01 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:42 am

vtime wrote:
kg01 wrote:

It gets you a token playoff appearance while stunting everyone's growth, including Trae, because all they'd be doing is watching the Westbrook show. And probably fighting with him the whole time.

Juice not worth the squeeze.

PG almost won the 2019 MVP playing next to Russ, he elevated his game. Harden led the league in scoring next to Russ last year. He didn’t hurt either of their games and won’t hurt Trae either, he’ll take pressure off Trae to make something happen every trip down the floor and he can look for his shots when Trae is in the bench.

Getting mvp votes isn't the same as "almost winning".

He has a limiting way to play that devolves into my turn/your turn ball, which is a good way to put up numbers. But it has a shelf life, especially in the playoffs when a halfway decent coach can make you look foolish.

Thunder had an mvp plus an almost(sic) mvp but got put out of the playoffs in spectacular fashion during their run.

Westbrook would obviously be an upgrade. Would clearly improve the team's record, but thatd be the epitome of a rushed rebuild destined to stall out.
king01 :king:
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer
And1: 124

Post#689 » by tomaHAWKslam » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:43 am

I like Russ a lot, but he’s just not a good fit here. He’s a point guard, and we already have one of those. And playing off the ball he’s just not a good shooter. Trae gets doubled and trapped so much that his back court mate needs to be able to catch and shoot. Plus, that contract. Ugh.
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#690 » by Spud2nique » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:46 am

Carmelo Westbrook.
D21
Assistant Coach
And1: 656

Post#691 » by D21 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:03 am

vtime wrote:PG almost won the 2019 MVP playing next to Russ, he elevated his game. Harden led the league in scoring next to Russ last year. He didn’t hurt either of their games and won’t hurt Trae either, he’ll take pressure off Trae to make something happen every trip down the floor and he can look for his shots when Trae is in the bench.

Yes, George was a beast this season, with huge impact (offense +11pts on 100 poss for OKC with George, and better defense too with +5.5pts), but... At what spot George was playing this season ? SF and even huge minutes at PF
Does Trae play at this spot ? No, so we can't compare or at least imagine it's the same thing

Harden is more Trae than George, but how it turned ?
HOU has a better defense with Westbrook (+4pts) but a worst offense when he was playing : from 118 to 113
Enough to show that Westbrook + any high usage PG = nightmare

And we don't need him to be back in the playoffs, a lot of people don't remember that ATL is a better team than the record shows:
- Collins was out 25 games
- one more year together and the team is better
- we added Capela
- we can add a good rookie
- added McMillan who I'm not very high as head coach but high as defensive assistant coach

Just by that, it should be enough to make the playoffs, so if we want to add other pieces, it's not for a 40M guy who will act like he's the new heroes of this franchise bringing ATL back to the playoffs, and if it's not by himself, it will be the media doing that.

I will pick 100 times out of 100 Rubio, Mills, Dragic,... over a Westbrook kind of PG, financially and more important, from a basketball POV
vtime
Rookie

Post#692 » by vtime » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:37 pm

McMillan was a good point. He’s turned around many young rosters and constantly overachieved with major injuries every year.
Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,462

Post#693 » by Jamaaliver » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:08 pm

I can't even fathom why we would want this to happen.

Read on Twitter
Spud2nique
General Manager
And1: 5,135

Post#694 » by Spud2nique » Sat Nov 14, 2020 8:33 pm

Jamaaliver wrote:I can't even fathom why we would want this to happen.

Read on Twitter

JE Skeets huh. Nah we good on Gordon.
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer

Post#695 » by tomaHAWKslam » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:39 pm

Speaking of JE Skeets, has this been talked about here?
Read on Twitter
_s_t_u_r_t_
Veteran
And1: 723

Post#696 » by _s_t_u_r_t_ » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:22 am

Slam, begging your indulgence, I've learned to be slow to comment on anyone's post except for people I trust to respond in an authentic, adult way. Hopefully, this will be taken on its face as just a comment, not a slight... after all, you're merely relaying a tweet authored by someone else.

As we get closer to the opening bell, I feel the same old itch that I seem to feel every year about this time... ie, to say it's important to be discerning, and pay close attention to the verbs that Kirschner and his ilk use. In this case, those would be... "might be interested"... and "can't imagine." There is no indication that he relaying "intel"... right?... but just conveying a scenario that he believes is plausible. (No different than the rest of us on that point, of course.)

Having said that, I absolutely would endorse White + #11, no question. (I'm less enthusiastic about Murray.)
tomaHAWKslam
Bench Warmer

Post#697 » by tomaHAWKslam » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:30 am

I’m not claiming this is anything more than one man’s conjecture. Just another thing to think about and discuss.

As for the trade I’d take White & 11 in a heartbeat. And if there were no great competing offers, I’d probably take Murray instead.
Radioblacktive1
Senior
And1: 554

Post#698 » by Radioblacktive1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:32 am

Still partial to Oubre/10 but a rotation of Young and Murray sounds amazing, especially if he gets consistent with that jumper.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#699 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:06 am

tomaHAWKslam wrote:Speaking of JE Skeets, has this been talked about here?
Read on Twitter

I've been advocate of such a trade since back in September when reports surfaced that Hayes worked out for the Spurs

jayu70 wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:Sounds like Spurs have interest in Killian Hayes. Any thoughts on trading #6 pick for #11 and Derrick White?

Read on Twitter

We get the combo guard/secondary playmaker we desperately need. Plus still have a shot at drafting a young guy from a mediocre draft.

I've been proposing him or Murray (mostly Murray since he has a long term contract, White is RFA next year) and #11 for #6 for awhile. Spurs fan said we should include one of our wings as well, said we'll pass.
jayu70
RealGM

Post#700 » by jayu70 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:18 am

These are just some of the many trade rumors/suggestions/flotsam/jetsom floating around regarding the Hawks and pick #6:

1. Trade #6 and Huerter for #2 and select Edwards, then sign Gordon Hayward in FA if he opt out

2. #6 for #9 and Troy Brown Jr from the Wiz

3. #6 for Jarret Culver and #17 from Minny

4. #6 for Aaron Gordon and #15 from Orlando

5. #6 plus 2 young players for Jrue (Hawks with the flat out No)

6. #6 for Victor Oladipo (Hawks have moved on from getting guys on 1 year deals for #6 and I'm glad to hear that)

7. #6 for Boston 3 picks, pass for me

8. #6 for DeRozan (awhile back)

9. #6 for White and #11

I'm sure there are more. Hawks have capspace, a top pick and young players. We're gonna be in a lot of 'trades'. I Love this time of year.

Return to Atlanta Hawks