Oladipo Trade Ideas

Moderators: pacers33granger, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890, boomershadow

Wizop
RealGM
And1: 4,056

Re: Oladipo Trade Ideas 

Post#181 » by Wizop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:35 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:From Miami media:

Hardly a surprise that Vic would be happy in Miami where he has a home. we've tried to construct Miami trades before and gotten nowhere.
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,048

Post#182 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:43 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#183 » by Scoot McGroot » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:45 pm

At best, he’s aloof and was joking and tough to get a read on, and can be kept long term with that understanding. At worst, he’s an absolute cancer that needs to be gone. Lot of middle ground too.

We don’t know anything for sure today that we didn’t already know, really, but we are probably just more confused.

But what matters most is what Pritchard believes and knows.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#184 » by Wizop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:58 pm

Mark Montieth has a long thread on Twitter. Here is the beginning post:

Read on Twitter
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#185 » by pacers33granger » Thu Nov 12, 2020 10:53 pm

If a lot of people supposedly have/had this knowledge, why is it news now? It might be true, but really seems odd timing, especially with the report involving the Knicks whom we hadn't played since before the lockdown I believe.

Almost seems like a report made to bring this to the "Indy has to trade him before the start of the season" scenario.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#186 » by Topofthekey » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:12 pm

If true, I don't want him anywhere near the team. Perfectly happy to just trade him for some useless expiring
Wizop
RealGM

Post#187 » by Wizop » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:56 pm

If Dallas wants him, I can frame a trade with the 18 and Maxi. Maybe Hardaway or send him to a third team and get a cheaper player back. But I kind of distrust the story. If true, players should be telling Pritchard they want him gone.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#188 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:01 am

pacers33granger wrote:If a lot of people supposedly have/had this knowledge, why is it news now? It might be true, but really seems odd timing, especially with the report involving the Knicks whom we hadn't played since before the lockdown I believe.

Almost seems like a report made to bring this to the "Indy has to trade him before the start of the season" scenario.

Could really have to do with when J. Michael could source/attribute the information properly and confirm it, or even that he wasn't told this info until recently. So far, at least, Miami sources have confirmed it with players there. But also, if it's to agitate and get him out, one of the first paragraphs says this: "Reports and speculation will continue about Oladipo's future until his fate is settled. However, despite his behavior, while it once looked inevitable he'd be playing somewhere else this season, the odds have increased that he'll remain with the Pacers, at least to start the year."

It's absolutely annoying, but unless it's something new and unknown, it's nothing insurmountable.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#189 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:02 am

Wizop wrote:the Star now has articles by JMichael and Doyle that are very negative on Vic. sure sounds like a trade is inevitable and I can even see doing what we once did with Tinsley and just sending him home.

Indianapolis Star! Well I'll have to ask my puppy not to poop on the sports page tomorrow as that's all it's good for.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,930

Post#190 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:12 am

If Victor was being a malcontent I'd trade him to the Knicks for the 8th pick and 27th if I could get it and let him suffer away in that cesspool known as NYC.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#191 » by Wizop » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:13 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
Wizop wrote:the Star now has articles by JMichael and Doyle that are very negative on Vic. sure sounds like a trade is inevitable and I can even see doing what we once did with Tinsley and just sending him home.

Indianapolis Star! Well I'll have to ask my puppy not to poop on the sports page tomorrow as that's all it's good for.
Star has gone way downhill. JMichael tweets are more technical than what he writes for the paper. IU stuff better than Pacers and Colts.

Sent from my phone.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#192 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:37 am

Wizop wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Star has gone way downhill. JMichael tweets are more technical than what he writes for the paper. IU stuff better than Pacers and Colts.

Sent from my phone.

Yeah. They have simply been siphoned of so much value from Gannett. Their best sportswriters have left for greener pastures (Holder and Keefer to The Athletic, Cavin to IMS/Indycar) or buyout packages. Doyel is a fine human interest story writer, but I'm not taking any beat writing from him.
vtime
Rookie
And1: 245

Post#193 » by vtime » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:10 am

Rockets receive: Turner, Oladipo, Lamb, McDermott

Pacers receive: Westbrook, Tucker

Pacers finally get move Sabonis to center, get a stretch 4 in Tucker that can also be the backup center if Goga isn’t ready and ofcourse you get a transcendent superstar pg that should be a real force in the East and get open shots for everyone. Rockets get shooting and defense and go back to being a one-man show.
Jake0890
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 807

Post#194 » by Jake0890 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:27 am

The Oladipo story is just bizarre. Joke or not, you would hope he didn't say that at all.

If he wants out, so be it. Just don't have any interest in making this Oladipo contract situation a saga. I think it'd be interesting to see what Bjork would scheme up for Vic, but I think we could be just as well trading him off for best available package. There should be plenty of action in the market and, honestly, with the cap situation as it is, it could help us retain Justin and improve the team at the same time. We're pretty limited in what can be done this off-season without moving someone.
Moooose
Starter
And1: 203

Post#195 » by Moooose » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:34 am

I've said it in another post some time ago. About Vic not really being the same guy as he was when he first came to Indy. His "this is my city" statements never happened when he came back from the injury. It can be sensed that he was being different. Along came the rumors about him not getting along well with McMillan, about him playing in the bubble for money, etc.

I've always thought there's some fire to it as Vic has changed a lot in a short period of time.

There's no sense in keeping an unhappy player.

Sent from my ASUS_X00DDA using RealGM mobile app
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#196 » by Topofthekey » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:01 am

vtime wrote:Rockets receive: Turner, Oladipo, Lamb, McDermott

Pacers finally get move Sabonis to center, get a stretch 4 in Tucker that can also be the backup center if Goga isn’t ready and ofcourse you get a transcendent superstar pg that should be a real force in the East and get open shots for everyone. Rockets get shooting and defense and go back to being a one-man show.

Westbrook is a huge negative for Pacers, no interest, sorry
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#197 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:17 pm

vtime wrote:Rockets receive: Turner, Oladipo, Lamb, McDermott

Sabonis was moved to center before last season. Turner largely played the 4.

Otherwise, while I see the allure of adding an All-NBA guy, his $40+m contract is tough for a small market team like Indy that doesn’t want to pay the tax to build around. Even though your offer clears about $3m or so from the books for Indy, it also adds two more empty roster spots that have to be filled. So, now, we’d have 4-5 roster spots we have to fill with only about $8.8m to do so. That would mean essentially 5 vet minimum contracts only, no Justin Holiday or anyone else. He’s talented, but one tweaked ankle and a week or two without him and you’re looking at the lotto.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#198 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:06 pm

https://omny.fm/shows/the-ride-with-jmv/full-show-breaking-down-the-victor-oladipo-drama-c

JMichael went on JMV to discuss in depth and more fully his reporting. Starts around 3:30 to 26 or so minutes.
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#199 » by MUpacersSIC » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:20 pm

After all of this, I'm under the impression that trading with be difficult. I revisit another iteration of a trade to the Lakers with the Pelicans.

IND Out: Victor Oladipo
IND In: Danny Green, Talen Horton-Tucker, #13 Pick (NOP)

LAL Out: Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, #28 Pick
LAL In: Victor Oladipo

NOP Out: #13 Pick
NOP In: Kyle Kuzma, #28 Pick (LAL)

Pacers get an expiring deal in Green, but also a serviceable shooter off the bench, a lottery pick, and a young prospect in Horton-Tucker. This allows them to find a wing in the draft, or maybe a potential fix next to Sabonis instead of trying to force fit Kuzma into the PF slot.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#200 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:25 pm

MUpacersSIC wrote:After all of this, I'm under the impression that trading with be difficult. I revisit another iteration of a trade to the Lakers with the Pelicans.

IND Out: Victor Oladipo
IND In: Danny Green, Talen Horton-Tucker, #13 Pick (NOP)

LAL Out: Danny Green, Kyle Kuzma, #28 Pick
LAL In: Victor Oladipo

NOP Out: #13 Pick
NOP In: Kyle Kuzma, #28 Pick (LAL)

Pacers get an expiring deal in Green, but also a serviceable shooter off the bench, a lottery pick, and a young prospect in Horton-Tucker. This allows them to find a wing in the draft, or maybe a potential fix next to Sabonis instead of trying to force fit Kuzma into the PF slot.

I don’t see New Orleans considering that direction, nor that being fair value for the 13. You’d have to take that Laker deal straight up.

Return to Indiana Pacers