And1: 43,105

Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#1 » by JDR720 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 11:45 pm

stinger14
Starter
And1: 768

Re: Fake Trade Thread #3 

Post#2 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:59 am

So, I read that we may have interest in Myles Turner. How does everybody feel about that rumor, and what do you think a trade looks like
MasterIchiro
RealGM
And1: 5,340

Post#3 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:09 am

Interest in Myles Turner doesn't bode well for Wiseman and Okongwu. I assume the Pacers are asking for PJ Washington. They're very good at scouting breakout talent (Oladipo, Sabonis, Warren). If Kupchak were willing to deal PJ for Turner this would've been a done deal.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#4 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:11 am

Imagine if PJ is dealt for Turner and Toppin is drafted. Heads would explode. Maybe dealing Bridges is more palpable, then selecting Deni Avdija.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#5 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:28 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Imagine if PJ is dealt for Turner and Toppin is drafted. Heads would explode. Maybe dealing Bridges is more palpable, then selecting Deni Avdija.

I can't see PJ being traded. Now Miles, I could see that. Maybe draft Deni like you said, or maybe draft Edwards
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#6 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:37 am

stinger14 wrote:
MasterIchiro wrote:Imagine if PJ is dealt for Turner and Toppin is drafted. Heads would explode. Maybe dealing Bridges is more palpable, then selecting Deni Avdija.

I can't see PJ being traded. Now Miles, I could see that. Maybe draft Deni like you said, or maybe draft Edwards

This deal works best if Ball and Edwards or off the board. If Avdija is there, it frees up Miles Bridges for a trade. He's really more suited for PF and JB has said as much, multiple times. JB says it diplomatically, saying Miles has more of an advantage at PF. Miles is not really a facilitator and that limits him as a wing. We need some playmaking from the wing. Avdija provides that. And when we go small with PJ at the 5, Avdija slides to PF just as smoothly and seamlessly as Bridges. He's quite versatile at 6' 9". His playmaking makes him an upgrade to Miles and Miles is never gonna be a lights out shooter. There is no comparison in the handling department. Miles can't create. Avdija is an excellent dribbler and secondary playmaker.
It has been written...
316Hornets
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,731

Post#7 » by 316Hornets » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:25 am

stinger14 wrote:So, I read that we may have interest in Myles Turner. How does everybody feel about that rumor, and what do you think a trade looks like

I'd like to add Myles if he could be had without giving up any of our solid rebuilding pieces.

Graham, PJ, Zeller should be off limits. I only include Zeller because I know that no one will give us a fair return on him and we might be able to sign him to a cheap contract after the season.
Rich4114
RealGM
And1: 4,168

Post#8 » by Rich4114 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:31 am

zeller off limits?
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#9 » by JMAC3 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:31 am

Master Ichiro loves himself some Myles Turner for some reason.

PJ is way more valuable than Turner, even if it’s off contract alone.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!
_tijo_
Hornets Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 335

Post#10 » by _tijo_ » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:07 am

Call me crazy, but I just don't think we trade Miles, Devonte, or PJ. Unveiling our unis, social media, all that we are doing to promote them as our own. Cody too for some reason.

I think everyone else on the roster, including Monk, is on the table, but would have to be bowled over.

As far as draft picks, I think 3 is untouchable, but 32 and 57 are fodder to move up. I also think future firsts are off the table as well.

And because of that, I don't think Indiana takes our offer for Myles Turner. I just think we take Wiseman or Okongwu, because I genuinely feel that Ball and Edwards go 1-2 in some order.

I think it's twice as likely we trade for Westbrook than for Turner. But I don't think the 3, Miles, Devonte, PJ or Cody (or any future first round picks) are in that deal either. But that might just be my optimism talking.
Who I woulda took:
2022: Duren | 2021: Bouknight, Jones | 2020: Ball | 2019: PJ | 2018: Porter Jr | 2017: Monk | 2016: Damian Jones | 2015: Winslow | 2014: Vonleh, Napier | 2013: McLemore | 2012: MKG | 2011: Knight, Kawhi
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#11 » by Diop » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:18 am

stinger14 wrote:So, I read that we may have interest in Myles Turner. How does everybody feel about that rumor, and what do you think a trade looks like

Sounds like we are going to be linked to all trade rumours this season
Diop
Forum Mod - Hornets
Forum Mod - Hornets
And1: 17,832

Post#12 » by Diop » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:20 am

MasterIchiro wrote:Interest in Myles Turner doesn't bode well for Wiseman and Okongwu. I assume the Pacers are asking for PJ Washington. They're very good at scouting breakout talent (Oladipo, Sabonis, Warren). If Kupchak were willing to deal PJ for Turner this would've been a done deal.

you should be Indiana's PR man, they got what they could for Paul George, thankfully it worked out for them.
NCHeels2008
RealGM
And1: 2,606

Post#13 » by NCHeels2008 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:41 am

What do you think we could from Atlanta for Rozier? They never really stabilized the backup PG situation there. He also obviously can start next to Trae until enough of their wings earn starting spots to push him to the bench. Terry seems like a great fit next to Trae.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#14 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:55 am

I'm not on some island with Turner. The other team rumored on him is the Boston Celtics. Kupchak and I are in good company.

Carry on.
It has been written...
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#15 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:02 am

Furthermore, Turner is not some schlub. Acquiring a young player of his ilk should feel painful. I love Miles but I think we have to be careful about getting too clingy. Miles is not an ideal wing. He really needs more minutes at the 4 but PJ is our best prospect.

If the plan is to draft Avdija then it gives Kupchak a surplus. Turner is about the best young center we can acquire for Miles Bridges. Maybe we love Avdija more than the centers in this draft.

Ever think of that?
It has been written...
Hornet Mania
General Manager
And1: 7,404

Post#16 » by Hornet Mania » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:40 pm

I'd be just fine with Miles for Myles, but definitely not PJ for Myles.

Westbrook is enticing if it's just for straight cap space plus maybe one small addition (pick 32, or maybe Monk) but I'd honestly rather just stick to the rebuild. I want to see our young guys grow as a unit and the GOATbrook show might not be the best environment for everyone to spread their wings.
MasterIchiro
RealGM

Post#17 » by MasterIchiro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:49 pm

Hornet Mania wrote:I'd be just fine with Miles for Myles, but definitely not PJ for Myles.

Westbrook is enticing if it's just for straight cap space plus maybe one small addition (pick 32, or maybe Monk) but I'd honestly rather just stick to the rebuild. I want to see our young guys grow as a unit and the GOATbrook show might not be the best environment for everyone to spread their wings.

For perspective, Devonte' Graham is 25. Turner is 24. He would be part of the rebuild from day one. Yes it would hurt to lose Miles Bridges for Turner but I don't think the Pacers settle for that. I wish they would. As for Monk, Kupchak considers him the most talented player on the team. I doubt Kupchak sells low on him.

This Turner rumor makes a great deal more sense than 32 year old Westbrook. Westbrook doesn't fit the rebuild at all. I'm thinking the Pacers want PJ Washington for Turner. And just to be clear, I'm 100% against that. I'm against selling low on Monk, against trading PJ and against trading Graham. And I'm against taking on a contract like Westbrook without getting a lottery pick (see Wiggins trade)

I'm open to dealing Miles, cap for draft assets and young players, Rozier, pick 32, Zeller.
It has been written...
stinger14
Starter

Post#18 » by stinger14 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:01 pm

MasterIchiro wrote:Furthermore, Turner is not some schlub. Acquiring a young player of his ilk should feel painful. I love Miles but I think we have to be careful about getting too clingy. Miles is not an ideal wing. He really needs more minutes at the 4 but PJ is our best prospect.

If the plan is to draft Avdija then it gives Kupchak a surplus. Turner is about the best young center we can acquire for Miles Bridges. Maybe we love Avdija more than the centers in this draft.

Ever think of that?

Good post! Getting Turner for Bridges is an easy trade for the Hornets
Braggins
RealGM
And1: 8,148

Post#19 » by Braggins » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:20 pm

Myles Turner isnt very good. Hes a good rim protector and mediocre outside shooter, but thats pretty much all he has going for him. Hes not very good at rebounding. Hes slow and doesn't guard on the perimeter. He doesn't do anything on offense other than spot up for 3s and he shoots a very mediocre percentage. Hes a generally sort of low IQ player.

I personally wouldn't be interested in acquiring him, but hes an ok player and still young, so I wouldn't mind it as long as they didn't give up anything too valuable. Trading PJ for him would be crazy and I wouldn't even give up Monk/Bridges. Trading Rozier for him could make some sense for both teams.
JMAC3
General Manager
And1: 4,162

Post#20 » by JMAC3 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:27 pm

Braggins wrote:Myles Turner isnt very good. Hes a good rim protector and mediocre outside shooter, but thats pretty much all he has going for him. Hes not very good at rebounding. Hes slow and doesn't guard on the perimeter. He doesn't do anything on offense other than spot up for 3s and he shoots a very mediocre percentage. Hes a generally sort of low IQ player.

I personally wouldn't be interested in acquiring him, but hes an ok player and still young, so I wouldn't mind it as long as they didn't give up anything too valuable. Trading PJ for him would be crazy and I wouldn't even give up Monk/Bridges. Trading Rozier for him could make some sense for both teams.

I don’t think he is awful, but after having on my fantasy basketball team I can tell you he is super inconsistent when it comes to both rebounding and scoring.

Also seems like pacers have other things to deal with than Turner now that all this negative Oladipo news is coming out.
Big Board
1. Vontae Mack no matter what!!

Return to Charlotte Hornets