ImageImageImageImage

Aaron Gordon - In or Out?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Is Aaron Gordon a Building Block for Magic

Yes, Keep him, he still has potential
25%
No, Trade him, we know what he is
75%

Total votes: 83

Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,527

Re: Aaron Gordon - In or Out? 

Post#321 » by Rainwater » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:43 am

Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

:dontknow:

I don't see what this trade accomplishes. Is Hayward expiring or something? This only works if you decide to keep Vuc and AG. Honestly, wouldn't mind if you added westbrook to those 3.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#322 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:44 am

Yeah, hasn't Hayward just purchased a house in Indiana and kind of signalled he wants to return there once this contract is up? That's what they said on Lowe Post anyway.

Perhaps he gets rerouted somewhere else? Send him to Indy for something. Or send him to Atlanta for the #6. Or send him to Houston for Westbrook.

If we kept him it would give us a competitive year and then potentially a good chunk of cap space for the 2021 offseason.
KillMonger
RealGM
And1: 9,970

Post#323 » by KillMonger » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:46 am

Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#324 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:59 am

Here's a trade that would be interesting

BOS: Vuc
HOU: Hayward + Aminu + #26
ORL: Westbrook

Boston get the C they needed.

Houston get another name for Westbrook who can help Harden with the scoring load, a big who fits their small-ball mould, and a late FRP.

Orlando get the star we've needed to ignite the rest of the roster. More deals probably on the way, but we would have this with no other moves:

Bamba/Birch
Gordon/(Clark)
Okeke/Ross/(Iwundu)
Fournier/#15
Westbrook/Fultz

We can still shop Gordon + #15 to try get into the lottery for someone like Haliburton or Hayes. Fultz might have to be moved, but he also might be happy to learn behind RW. If Fournier became an offball runner he could be a real weapon beside RW, or we could move him too.
Xatticus
Head Coach
And1: 7,958

Post#325 » by Xatticus » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:14 am

Rainwater wrote:
Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I don't see what this trade accomplishes. Is Hayward expiring or something? This only works if you decide to keep Vuc and AG. Honestly, wouldn't mind if you added westbrook to those 3.

Yes. Hayward is expiring. Hayward had a really good year. Boston can't afford to keep him and they aren't really hurting for wings. They are already into the luxury tax, have almost a full roster under contract for next season, and possess three first-round picks that will come with guaranteed deals unless they draft and stash. Vucevic makes less money and would get them a long-term asset at a position of need while letting them get under the luxury tax. We would get to look at Hayward and either flip him or re-sign him on a cheaper deal. It would be nice to get a pick in return as well.
"Xatticus has always been, in my humble opinion best poster here. Should write articles or something."
-pepe1991
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#326 » by Bensational » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:42 am

I thought I’d take the time to sit down and break down the possible packages Gordon + #15 might get us. I don’t think it gets us into the conversation for any of the top 4, but starting at #5:

5 - CLE - They’re allegedly looking for a big in the draft, being linked to Okoro, Toppin, Patrick Williams, so Gordon might have some appeal to them, but chances are they value them more than Gordon, so this is very doubtful.

6 - ATL - Gordon doesn’t fit with them unless they want to play him at the 3 and Collins at the 4, but that won’t get the best out of him. Though maybe Schlenk sees some mini-Draymond potential in him to play alongside Steph, and he looks to then move Collins? Most likely a 3rd team would be needed to take Gordon and send ATL a player they want.

7 - DET - Detroit have Blake Griffin already, so unless they move him they will also be a poor fit for Gordon. From all reports, they’re looking to move up, so perhaps Gordon and #15 can factor into that package and we come away with #7?

8 - NYK - They’ve got a glut of forwards and bigs already, but a Randle + #8 for Gordon + #15 + (other value) could be something the Knicks consider. Gordon would be a good fit under Thibs, he’d love him. Randle is either rerouted or he’s an expiring contract.

9 - WAS - They could use Gordon, so I believe they’d take the offer.

10 - PHO - They could also use Gordon if they’re going all-in on winning now with CP3, but a 5 spot jump is terrible value for Gordon. I’d push for Cam Johnson to be sent back to us as well.

11 - SAS - Is a 4 spot move worth it? I suppose if they love a guy, he’s still there, but he might go on this pick or before us. Gay/Mills + #11 is probably the offer, but I’d be pushing for Keldon Johnson or Derrick White to be included, which might require a little more value from us.

12 - SAC - Someone suggested Hield + #12 for Gordon + #15. Wouldn’t be a bad return.

13 - NOP - NOP don’t need Gordon, though SVG would probably like him. Would require a 3rd team to take Gordon.

14 - BOS - You wouldn’t think a trade at this point would be necessary, but remember, Charlotte drafted SGA first, and then traded him back a spot to LAC in exchange for Bridges and a couple of 2nd round picks (FACE PALM!). 1 spot can be such a big franchise changer. And it wouldn’t surprise me for Ainge to be able to squeeze AG out of us in exchange for a spot move.

What about: Vuc + AG for Hayward + Smart/Kanter + #14 + #26 + #30? Try to use #14 + #15 to move up to #8 for our guy, or we just take two of the BPAs from that spot.

We’d be setting ourselves up for big capspace in 2021 to be able to say “Hey Giannis, go pick another FA and come join us”, and possibly stay competitive this season.

If Boston are worried about the lux tax they need to send Smart back. If not and they don't mind adding $5M to their cap, which is already in the luxury tax, then they send Kanter.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,688

Post#327 » by basketballRob » Fri Nov 13, 2020 11:33 am

KillMonger wrote:
Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

I'd do it if they gave us the 14. Hayward has an expiring deal. We'd have a bunch of capspace next year, assuming we get rid of AG for an expiring too.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
tiderulz
RealGM
And1: 14,095

Post#328 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:57 pm

Rainwater wrote:
Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Hayward is expiring. But this is Magical, i would take anything he says with a grain of salt
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#329 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 12:59 pm

Bensational wrote:Here's a trade that would be interesting

Boston get the C they needed.

Houston get another name for Westbrook who can help Harden with the scoring load, a big who fits their small-ball mould, and a late FRP.

Orlando get the star we've needed to ignite the rest of the roster. More deals probably on the way, but we would have this with no other moves:

Bamba/Birch
Gordon/(Clark)
Okeke/Ross/(Iwundu)
Fournier/#15
Westbrook/Fultz

We can still shop Gordon + #15 to try get into the lottery for someone like Haliburton or Hayes. Fultz might have to be moved, but he also might be happy to learn behind RW. If Fournier became an offball runner he could be a real weapon beside RW, or we could move him too.

i dont think i want 32 yr old Russ as he declines and complains about being on a team that is 1st round playoff exit at best
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,891

Post#330 » by drsd » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:15 pm

Bensational wrote:Here's a trade that would be interesting

I am not sure if I dislike more trading Vučević or gaining Westbrook.

Knightro
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 24,151

Post#331 » by Knightro » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:18 pm

tiderulz wrote:i dont think i want 32 yr old Russ as he declines and complains about being on a team that is 1st round playoff exit at best

Seems like as long as he has the ball in his hands all the time, that's all he really wants anyway.
Rainwater
General Manager
And1: 5,527

Post#332 » by Rainwater » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:09 pm

Xatticus wrote:
Rainwater wrote:
Driguez wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

Yes. Hayward is expiring. Hayward had a really good year. Boston can't afford to keep him and they aren't really hurting for wings. They are already into the luxury tax, have almost a full roster under contract for next season, and possess three first-round picks that will come with guaranteed deals unless they draft and stash. Vucevic makes less money and would get them a long-term asset at a position of need while letting them get under the luxury tax. We would get to look at Hayward and either flip him or re-sign him on a cheaper deal. It would be nice to get a pick in return as well.

It's pretty much a salary dump or a flip. As Hayward is expiring and it is for Vuc it pretty much indicates that the trade is to rebuild. So I really don't see the magic resigning Hayward if the trade were to happen. It make no sense to do so.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#333 » by The Real Dalic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:21 pm

Why would we trade Vuc for Hayward? I would rather try to pair them up than trade them for each other. I also wouldn't mind getting Hayward AND Westbrook.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#334 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:30 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:Why would we trade Vuc for Hayward? I would rather try to pair them up than trade them for each other. I also wouldn't mind getting Hayward AND Westbrook.

Same...or Vuc and Westbrook. Don't trade Vuc for Westbrook -we'll be hopeless. Together, we got something in the East.
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#335 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:46 pm

Knightro wrote:
tiderulz wrote:i dont think i want 32 yr old Russ as he declines and complains about being on a team that is 1st round playoff exit at best

Seems like as long as he has the ball in his hands all the time, that's all he really wants anyway.

he had it in OKC. they werent going to take that ball away and he still wanted out to "win"
MagicMatic
RealGM
And1: 12,830

Post#336 » by MagicMatic » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:31 pm

Not in favor of trading for Westbrook. Still in favor of getting rid of Hennigan’s core.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,588

Post#337 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:20 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Knightro wrote:

he had it in OKC. they werent going to take that ball away and he still wanted out to "win"

Exactly what they said (including me) about Jimmy Butler to MIA
tiderulz
RealGM

Post#338 » by tiderulz » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:41 pm

Skybox wrote:
tiderulz wrote:
Knightro wrote:

I would take Butler over Russ. Jimmy does more and cares more about winning than stats. I dont know if i believe the same about Russ
zaymon
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,140

Post#339 » by zaymon » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:55 pm

tiderulz wrote:
Skybox wrote:
tiderulz wrote:he had it in OKC. they werent going to take that ball away and he still wanted out to "win"

I would take Butler over Russ. Jimmy does more and cares more about winning than stats. I dont know if i believe the same about Russ

I think Butler and Westbrook are totally different.
Big, smart, unselfish wing vs Small, selfish, low iq guard.
My money is on Banchero going number 1 !
yoyojw17
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,090

Post#340 » by yoyojw17 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:03 pm

What would you'll think of a AG+ #45 for Culver + #17 + James Johnson?

I like the trade.... they get to keep the #2 and take a player like edwards/ball and add an athletic big that will be great next to Kat.

We get Culver.... who Underperformed in his first season... but gives us a lot of what we need when he hits potential... and then another pick in a mid round quality draft that we can take a huge swing at.... and James Johnson who will be a suitable fill in for AG for the year and will give us cap relief the following offseason.

Return to Orlando Magic