ImageImageImageImageImage

Projected 2020-21 Lakers Roster

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Projected 2020-21 Lakers Roster 

Post#1 » by Lakers24gm » Fri Nov 13, 2020 4:25 am

One of my favorite things during the offseason is guessing next years team. Heres mine.

PG- Avery Bradley - Alex Caruso - Rajon Rondo

SG- KCP - Luke Kennard - Talen Horton Tucker

SF- Lebron James - Danny Green - Tony Snell - Jordan Nwora ( 2 - Way)

PF- Anthony Davis - Markieff Morris - Jared Dudley

C- Serge Ibaka - Demarcus Cousins - Dwight Howard

lakers trade Kyle Kuzma, Javale Mcgee, Quinn Cook and the 28th Pick for Tony Snell and Luke Kennard

Serge Ibaka signs a 3 year full MLE

Avery Bradley opts in

Rondo signs for one year 5 mil

KCP signs a 1+1 starting at 12 mil

Morris, Dudz, Cousins and Howard all sign min

Nwora is acquired via 2nd round pick they buy
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Re: Projected 2020-21 Lakers Roster 

Post#2 » by scoobs07 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 5:47 am

Lakers24gm wrote:One of my favorite things during the offseason is guessing next years team. Heres mine.

SF- Lebron James - Tony Snell - Jordan Nwora

lakers trade Kyle Kuzma, Javale Mcgee, Quinn Cook and the 28th Pick for Tony Snell and Luke Kennard

Avery Bradley opts in

I think your projected roster is pretty spot on. I definitely see something between the Lakers and Pistons. Last season, Detroit wanted Caruso for Rose. It's good we didn't do that one though. I have also heard Kennard and Lakers in the same breath. Lakers have had previous interest dating back tio the draft a couple of years ago. But I do think that Kennard is somebody that they could be looking at in a trade. Poor guy reportedly has questionable knees, so he is a risk, but he is a very good shooter that could complement LBJ and AD. Kennard and Kuzma are both young guys that have been productive in their young careers, and both could be looking for an extension soon. Both Kennard and Kuzma could use a fresh start. Your trade makes a lot of sense, though the Lakers may be looking at a more expensive sexier option like Buddy Hield. But Snell is on an expiring deal, so that falls inline with 2021 free agent plan. A thing worth mentioning though is that I dont think AB will be back. I see him leaving. Rondo and KCP may also leave. I guess Green could stay then? Or maybe the trade gets expanded a bit to include Rose to replace Rondo. Rajon could be back though.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#3 » by DanishLakerFan » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:26 am

Lakers24gm wrote:One of my favorite things during the offseason is guessing next years team. Heres mine.

SF- Lebron James - Danny Green - Tony Snell - Jordan Nwora ( 2 - Way)

Avery Bradley opts in

I hope you are correct with this one. Kennard and Snell for Kuz, 28 and spare parts would address a few needs and Ibaka would be a great fit at the 5. I dont think Morriz at the min is happening, though.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#4 » by lazybatman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:39 pm

Ibaka taking the MLE isn't impossible, but feels like a bit of a stretch going from 23m to 9.3m after winning a chip so recently. Probably the best FA on the market right now. I'd be thrilled if it happens though.

I was thinking Jeremi Grant first on the MLE (which is basically the same contract as the option he declined with the Nuggets) + some under the table cash. Young, wicked athletic, rangy elite team defender who can guard 1-4, gives us a primary on ball defender, other than Bron / AD against the KD, Kawhi, Jimmy, Harden kinda elite wings. And he shot 39% 3fg, great cutter and lob finisher too. Klutch client - very realistically possible if Pelinka wants him.

Sign Korver, Belinelli.

Justin Holiday - if we don't spend the BAE on Rondo or sign and trade for any combo of Cook, McGee and Dud. Also makes Bradley / Green kinda dispensable in case a trade comes up.

Closing line up -
1. Lebron - Caruso - Rondo
2. Holiday - KCP - AB
3. Green - Korver - THT
4. Grant - AD - Kuz
5. AD - Boogie - Dwight

In - Grant(fraud MLE) + Korver + Holiday
Out - Morris + McGee + Dud + Cook

This is a ridiculously good defensive lineup with Lebron sliding to SF/PF and any combo of Holiday, Green, Caruso and Bradley taking the guards on ball. We'll starve elite offenses to 80-90 point games on some nights.

I think our offensive frailty should go away automatically this year because of the following -
- Spacing + open cuts and drives - Lakers ranked 30th in drives for 2019-20 thanks to the permanently camped big defender on Dwight / McGee. Grant and Boogie eliminate that.
- I could see Caruso's ball handling and distribution grow during the playoffs. I figure he does a better job in the non Rondo minutes and benefits from the smarter cast around him.
- Better shooters around Rondo / Lebron
- Continuity

We will have fairly valuable and dispensable trade package in KCP, Green, Bradley and Kuz for a 35ish mil haul during the season.

Sent from my SM-G960W using RealGM mobile app
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#5 » by Beethoven » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:40 am

Im really revisiting in my head chris Paul on this team there is a miniscule chance this dude agrees to a buy out
This way we don't completely strip our current roster.
Sign a 3&d dude

Roster looks like
LeBron AD
CP3 KCP rondo
Mcgee boogie IBAKA
Caruso green bellineli
Harkless THT dudley

:rofl:
Didn't do the math just throwing it out there pipe dream lolol

8-)
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,093

Post#6 » by SlimShady83 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:31 am

PG: Caruso, Rondo, Drose
SG: KCP, Bradley, THT
SF: James, JR Smith?
PF: AD, M.Morris, P.Gasol Kostos
C: Ibaka, Howard, Cousins

Don't know about positions (or $$$), but that really matter these days? seems like everyone playing multiple position anyway.

Want someone like Ibaka at the C so AD can play PF with ease we know he can do both, but he prefer PF:)

Gasol just so he can retire a Laker :) bring him home - heck he still playing? lol.

Cousins even if 70% healthy can be deadly. limited minutes until proven ;)
I'M OFFICALLY ON HOLIDAYS! I JUST LOVE IT HOW PEOPLE GET BUTT HURT OVER SOMEONES OWN SIGNATURE LMAO!.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS ALL I'LL BE BACK! AND BACK WITH MORE BUTT HURT SIGNATURS LMAO
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,496

Post#7 » by zimpy27 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:34 pm

A number of rosters seem impossible here.

It's very unlikely that the Lakers can use the 10m MLE and 4m BAE. The hard cap is only at 140m next season and you can't use 10 MLE and 4m BAE and go over the hard cap.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#8 » by DNP-Old » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:52 pm

My guess is:

#28 (My guess here is Tyler Bey)
Caruso/Bradley/Rondo
KCP/Green/THT
James/Kuzma/Kostas
Davis/Morris
Baynes/McGee
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#9 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:16 am

DNP-Old wrote:My guess is:

Caruso/Bradley/Rondo
KCP/Green
/THT
James/Kuzma/Kostas
Davis/Morris
Baynes/McGee

You're very optimistic
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
DNP-Old
Senior
And1: 331

Post#10 » by DNP-Old » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 am

Beethoven wrote:

Caruso/Bradley/Rondo
KCP/Green
/THT
James/Kuzma/Kostas
Davis/Morris
Baynes/McGee

You're very optimistic

Maybe, seems like path of least resistance. Rondo and Morris split the MLE, Baynes takes the BAE, Bradley opts in and KCP takes a 1 yr 10m deal.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#11 » by lazybatman » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:58 am

DNP-Old wrote:
Beethoven wrote:

Caruso/Bradley/Rondo
KCP/Green
/THT
James/Kuzma/Kostas
Davis/Morris
Baynes/McGee

You're very optimistic

Maybe, seems like path of least resistance. Rondo and Morris split the MLE, Baynes takes the BAE, Bradley opts in and KCP takes a 1 yr 10m deal.

I wish it was..

- Bradley's status 70% out. Why else would he change agents? Feels like a huge blow, considering we'll likely face Steph and Kyrie sometime next year.
- Curious what Rondo & KCP want to come back trying to milk their 8 seconds of stardom - More power to them, but Lakers in a sticky situation. We seem to have early bird rights for Rondo too, so maybe save the MLE - https://www.spotrac.com/nba/los-angeles-lakers/cap// I figure 12-13m for KCP and 3.6 BAE for Rondo, but the Lakers don't have any leverage.
- Morris may be tough one for 4-5m
- This is the last opportunity to trade Kuz with some ageing deadwood like Danny Green. We ain't paying him like he wants next year for what he does here. Surely another team that doesn't have AD & Lebron can give him more minutes and opportunity to earn the big bucks.

Struggling to figure out the Cap rules, but I desperately wish we can sign Grant & Holiday, especially if we're losing Bradley.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#12 » by Vae Victus » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:55 pm

Looks like the Green + 28 for Shroeder is a done deal

Bradley's plan is to opt in and not play, but **** that, he can opt out if he doesnt want to play, or we void his deal for failure to complete his end of the contract. Now i'd prefer he'd opt in and play next season, but that doesnt look likely. KCP i think is gone, i think he wants job security, and the Lakers cant use the non tax payer MLE if they want to keep him, thus i'd rather KCP leave and use the MLE on an upgrade.

I'm gonna make my pie in the sky dream scenario

Re-sign AD to the max at however many years he wants with PO on the end
Sign Gallo to a 1+1 player option non tax payer MLE deal, we take a chance on him having another good season so he can cash out next year, but Gallo still protects himself just in case he suffers something career ending
Re-sign Boogie using his early bird rights to like 3mil a year 1+1 team option, he makes more than vet min but still on a prove it deal
Bradley Opts in or Out, up to him, i'll just say he did for convenience sake
Bi-Annual exception to Moe Harkless, need a lengthy wing type who can defend 2-4
Offer vet mins to DHo, Kieff, Rondo, Matthews, Lin, and whoever else tickles your fancy, most will reject, but should be able to pick up some decent ring chasing vets or prove it deal backups or 3rd string emergency players

Starting lineup at full strength, but it seems like AD and Lebron are gonna load manage in the 1st month, so plenty of mins for everyone else
C - Javale (or DHo if he stays which is doubtful), Boogie (i have a hard time seeing other teams offer him more than min)
PF- AD, Kuz, Kieff (i would like to keep him but vet min is likely too low)
SF- Gallo (he has to be guaranteed a starting gig), Harkless, Matthews
SG- Lebron, Caruso, THT, Cook
PG- Shroeder, Bradley, Rondo (he might stay for the min), Lin (only if Rondo leaves)

Closing lineup at full strength
C - AD
PF- Gallo
SF- Lebron
SG- Caruso or Bradley
PG- Shroeder

The team is deep enough and have enough offensive firepower in Shroeder and Gallo, if 1 of LBJ or AD load manages per game in the 1st month of the season, the team can still play above 500 ball. Boogie is in line to play all the minutes he can handle and in a the best situation for him to make a come back on the Lakers. If Boogie is healthy Javale basically gets benched. I really like Gallo as one of the pre-eminent big man snipers in the game to open up the floor. Wing defensive depth, however has taken a severe hit.
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#13 » by Beethoven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:43 am

If we sign ibaka (fingers crossed ) our team looking to be even grittier on defense and aggressiveness. Im really hyped now.
Lookin reallllly good so far dam im ready for dec22

Also so glad that Miami is trying hard to obtain gallo. Glad that guy and demar are off our radar now for what it looks. Hopefully.

Love to see harkless. I'm fine w re signing markieff but not keen on Marcus. He's one of the reason the hobos locker room got poisonous.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#14 » by TylersLakers » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:09 am

Oooooo.

I like this game. I'll predict but I certainly have a head start with the Schroder news.

PG: Shroder/Caruso/THT
SG: KCP/Bradley/Wes Matthews
SF: LeBron/Harkless/Dudley
PF: Davis/Kuzma/Melo
C: Ibaka/Howard/
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,637

Post#15 » by Up-And-Coming » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:00 am

Unfortunately, Avery and Rondo are likely gone. Ideally, i would love it if the Lakers can land Ibaka or Gallo with the full MLE and bring back KCP and Dwight. For fun, one scenario would be:

Caruso/Schroeder
KCP/Matthews
Lebron/Ariza/THT
Gallinari/Millsap
AD/Dwight

Trade Kuz, McGee, Cook for Ariza or Gay (I know he’s old but he fits a need more so than Kuz atm. I wouldn’t mind keeping Kuz either to see if he breaks out though)

Resign Dwight and KCP
Sign Wes Matthews and Paul Millsap to vet deals
Beethoven
Head Coach

Post#16 » by Beethoven » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:08 am

I want melo now. Lol
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,412

Post#17 » by Slava » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:15 am

If the Harden trade happens, one of Covington or Tucker could be had.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#18 » by Kilroy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:33 pm

Didn't Bradley and McGee already opt in?
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Jimmy Recard
RealGM
And1: 5,369

Post#19 » by Jimmy Recard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:10 am

Do you guys think you could land Oubre somehow? What picks do you still have that Presti would want?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#20 » by Kilroy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:16 am

Jimmy Recard wrote:Do you guys think you could land Oubre somehow? What picks do you still have that Presti would want?

We don't have a whole lot of picks left after the AD trade... So I would think they only way we could swing it would be if it was Kuzma/filler... So it doesn't seem super likely.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers