Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

Galloisdaman
Analyst
And1: 2,167

Re: 2019-20 Around the NBA Thread 

Post#221 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:02 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I just don’t see any realistic way to get Ben from Philly now that morey is there.

I think the Philly fans, media and maybe even coaches got down on Ben last season. Is Morey high on Ben? Some says Ben can't play with Joel. I think people are overreacting to a disappointing season.

I think Morey probably has an accurate opinion on Ben which is why he wouldn't trade him to OKC. Morey wants to win now and Ben's value is closer to Harden than CP3.

I think Harden has a lot more value than Ben (at this point in time), while I agree Ben has a lot more value than CP3.
I think Houston is very much wanting to keep Harden. I think Philly would consider moving Ben. I think OKC wants to move CP3.

So the question is what can OKC do to close that gap both in terms of value and salary.

If I'm Philly I'm looking to get CP3, first round draft picks and move salary.
If I'm OKC I'm looking to pair Ben with SGA and Balsey. Everything else would be negotiable.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#222 » by jake_swivel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
Harden with Embiid would be amazing but how do you see that happening?

A Simmons/filler for harden swap seems the most likely trade.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#223 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:20 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I did not think Houston would want to trade Harden but anything is possible. I would think Hou would consider moving Russ before Harden.
My eyes glaze over when reading alternative stat (not advanced stat) narratives that go many paragraphs long. If you can not make your point in 2 paragraphs it may not be a great point. :D
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#224 » by jake_swivel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:00 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I did not think Houston would want to trade Harden but anything is possible. I would think Hou would consider moving Russ before Harden.

For sure Houston doesn’t want to trade Harden. But they might not have a choice if they don’t want him to opt out and lose him for nothing. And yeah, they’d prefer to trade Westbrook, but the only reasonable trade I’ve seen is terry rozier and batum for Westbrook. And with that, Houston runs the risk of having a mediocre year and harden forcing a trade with his value severely decreased. And then they’re in a spot where they have extremely limited ways to improve that team for like half a decade.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#225 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:08 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:

For sure Houston doesn’t want to trade Harden. But they might not have a choice if they don’t want him to opt out and lose him for nothing. And yeah, they’d prefer to trade Westbrook, but the only reasonable trade I’ve seen is terry rozier and batum for Westbrook. And with that, Houston runs the risk of having a mediocre year and harden forcing a trade with his value severely decreased. And then they’re in a spot where they have extremely limited ways to improve that team for like half a decade.

What about a trade with Tobias Harris, Horford and Russ in the mix?
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#226 » by jake_swivel » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:20 pm

Galloisdaman wrote:

I’d be super surprised if Morey willingly signed up for another go-round with Westbrook. I don’t think he was real excited to do it the first time around.
Galloisdaman
Analyst

Post#227 » by Galloisdaman » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:25 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
Galloisdaman wrote:

I’d be super surprised if Morey willingly signed up for another go-round with Westbrook. I don’t think he was real excited to do it the first time around.

That is a interesting point but Philly may want to get out from the Harris and Horford deals as well so I figured they might look in to that route. Philly was reportedly interested in Russ or CP3.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,168

Post#228 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:40 pm

I'm going to go ahead and lock this and start the 20-21 thread.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder