ImageImageImageImageImage

Christian Wood

Moderators: KF10, City of Trees, codydaze

becorz
Veteran
And1: 507

Christian Wood 

Post#1 » by becorz » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:52 am

Given the Kings situation in free agency, I think if they want to get a very good player, they have to take some shots. And I think that Christian Wood is a great player to take a shot at.

He shoots really well at the rim, making him a great pick and roll partner for Fox. He has the ability to hit a three. He has shown the ability to protect the rim. He can play center in most lineups, but would have issues against big centers.

He has basically shown he can be what we want Bagley to be....but in a small sample size.

If McNair and Co have decided that they want to try and compete, I would personally be going hard after Wood....and I think Bagley is the trade chip to get him in a sign and trade. Along with the Joseph contract.

To maintain flexibility, I would sign him to a contract worth $20 million in year one, $19 million in year two, and $18 million in year three with $2 million guaranteed.

How do others feel about this? I get why it would be tough, but I am personally out on Bagley and I think Wood is for real.
jeffjtk1234
Starter
And1: 401

Re: Christian Wood 

Post#2 » by jeffjtk1234 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:16 am

becorz wrote:Given the Kings situation in free agency, I think if they want to get a very good player, they have to take some shots. And I think that Christian Wood is a great player to take a shot at.

He shoots really well at the rim, making him a great pick and roll partner for Fox. He has the ability to hit a three. He has shown the ability to protect the rim. He can play center in most lineups, but would have issues against big centers.

He has basically shown he can be what we want Bagley to be....but in a small sample size.

If McNair and Co have decided that they want to try and compete, I would personally be going hard after Wood....and I think Bagley is the trade chip to get him in a sign and trade. Along with the Joseph contract.

To maintain flexibility, I would sign him to a contract worth $20 million in year one, $19 million in year two, and $18 million in year three with $2 million guaranteed.

How do others feel about this? I get why it would be tough, but I am personally out on Bagley and I think Wood is for real.

Why would we trade bagley for the same player? Bagley can be better than wood, and is under team control longer. Don’t see how this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
kalenclayton
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,716

Post#3 » by kalenclayton » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:49 pm

jeffjtk1234 wrote:
becorz wrote:Given the Kings situation in free agency, I think if they want to get a very good player, they have to take some shots. And I think that Christian Wood is a great player to take a shot at.

Why would we trade bagley for the same player? Bagley can be better than wood, and is under team control longer. Don’t see how this makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I am with you here. Bagley is 4 years younger and is a LOT cheaper. I would rather roll the dice with him instead of rolling the dice on a player who he might surpass by age 25. Like, this isn’t a situation where the team would be trading for a sure thing. There’s a very real possibility that Wood is nothing more than a bench big who had one awesome stretch during last season. What’s the rush? We aren’t making the playoffs this year.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#4 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:48 pm

Isn't Wood a free agent?

If we want him, we find a way to dump Barnes or Buddy, or Holmes & Bjelica, then just offer him a contract.

Id be far more interested in pairing him with Bagley, than swapping the two
OGSactownballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,002

Post#5 » by OGSactownballer » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:50 pm

Too high of a risk for the reward and makes no sense when we already are there with a far higher ceiling Bagley.

Return to Sacramento Kings