Post#204 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 7:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Re: Oladipo Trade Ideas 

Post#205 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:31 pm

Well is that enough to put this trade Victor talk to bed?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,063

Post#206 » by Scoot McGroot » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:51 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:Well is that enough to put this trade Victor talk to bed?

Oh, I don’t think so. It does nothing to assuage the worries of him leaving after the year, and we still haven’t had a single teammate come out publicly in his defense, which is honestly a little glaring at this point.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#207 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:54 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:Well is that enough to put this trade Victor talk to bed?

Oh, I don’t think so. It does nothing to assuage the worries of him leaving after the year, and we still haven’t had a single teammate come out publicly in his defense, which is honestly a little glaring at this point.

I demand a recount!
pacers33granger
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,584

Post#208 » by pacers33granger » Fri Nov 13, 2020 10:25 pm

Until he signs a new deal the speculation will be there. Most of the reaction to this is "well he had to say that." Who ultimately knows.

I will say that we need to remember that while Vic hasn't actually fully committed unequivocally, he's never said or really done anything one way or another. He could totally want out, but it's been primarily speculation.

And I'll trust Pritchard and the rest of management in their word that they've seen nothing but commitment from Vic. Even moreso, I'll trust in management that, if the latest report were true, Vic wouldn't have been playing in the bubble at all. But yet reports had Indy planning to pay him his salary even if he sat, with the league saying he had to play to get paid.
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#209 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:22 am

Scoot McGroot wrote:

I'd say a little worrisome.

At least he is denying the rumor now. "I'm a Pacer" was a great dribble around the question :D .

He is a liar btw, walking out of the arena before the end of a playoff game, isn't full commitment.

Bottomline to me is: Oladipo is too goofy for me and as it seems his teammates, to be our star player/leader.

Put a PG next to Brogdon, a natural born leader and SG, so we can finally get that great chemistry that they thought we had.
OnFire
Junior
And1: 27

Post#210 » by OnFire » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:56 am

Pacersike wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

I'd say a little worrisome.

At least he is denying the rumor now. "I'm a Pacer" was a great dribble around the question :D .

He is a liar btw, walking out of the arena before the end of a playoff game, isn't full commitment.

Bottomline to me is: Oladipo is too goofy for me and as it seems his teammates, to be our star player/leader.

Put a PG next to Brogdon, a natural born leader and SG, so we can finally get that great chemistry that they thought we had.

I concur.

VanVleet for Dipo, straight up.

Make it happen, KP! 8-)
Pacersike
Analyst
And1: 825

Post#211 » by Pacersike » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:21 am

OnFire wrote:VanVleet for Dipo, straight up.

Make it happen, KP! 8-)

VanVleet is darn good player! Entering his prime.
Lot's of respect also for working his way up from undrafted.

Gotta admit I haven't watched enough of him to know how good his defense against speedy points guards is.
I have more often seen Lowry taking on that responsibility.

He is a unrestricted FA, so a very good option to do a vetting :D .
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#212 » by Lazlo4D » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:22 am

Trying to think of an out of the box trade of Oladipo for value by maximizing cap space for this off-season.

The Knicks have a lot of partial guaranteed contracts and could get Oladipo for a bargain while Pacers clear cap space.

Pacers trade: Victor Oladipo, Jeremy Lamb
Knicks trade: 2021 Dallas FRP (Unprotected) along with Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton

Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton all have $1M buyouts, I think, allowing the Pacers to clear $28M from their cap.

That would allow the Pacers to sign FA's, facilitate trades this off-season when no one has cap space and pick extra future FRP's, or deals like TJ Warren last year.

Could this be a way of maximizing value from trading Oladipo now? Is this NBA legal?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#213 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 14, 2020 12:46 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:Trying to think of an out of the box trade of Oladipo for value by maximizing cap space for this off-season.

The Knicks have a lot of partial guaranteed contracts and could get Oladipo for a bargain while Pacers clear cap space.

Knicks trade: 2021 Dallas FRP (Unprotected) along with Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton

Taj Gibson, Wayne Ellington, Elfrid Payton all have $1M buyouts, I think, allowing the Pacers to clear $28M from their cap.

That would allow the Pacers to sign FA's, facilitate trades this off-season when no one has cap space and pick extra future FRP's, or deals like TJ Warren last year.

Could this be a way of maximizing value from trading Oladipo now? Is this NBA legal?

Only the guaranteed part of the players salary is legal for trade matching.

But you could just have NY waive those guys for their partial guarantees and then see if they would absorb Oladipo/Lamb into their cap space for the future Mavs pick. I suspect they wouldn’t right now, but maybe?
MUpacersSIC
Sixth Man
And1: 618

Post#214 » by MUpacersSIC » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:19 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:Trying to think of an out of the box trade of Oladipo for value by maximizing cap space for this off-season.

I can’t remember what podcast mentioned it, but the new GM of the Knicks is Vic’s Former agent that he fired. It apparently didn’t end well so it’s likely the Knicks won’t trade for him.
Tom White
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#215 » by Tom White » Sat Nov 14, 2020 3:51 pm

I'm of a mindset to just dismiss most of the writers of these "someone overheard someone else say that the other person said whatever" articles. I think they are mostly click-bait artists. Yes, I'm lumping J Michael and similar in that pile.

If Woj writes something, I'll pay attention. Same thing for some of Sham's writing. The rest? Not so much.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#216 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 14, 2020 4:58 pm

Tom White wrote:I'm of a mindset to just dismiss most of the writers of these "someone overheard someone else say that the other person said whatever" articles. I think they are mostly click-bait artists. Yes, I'm lumping J Michael and similar in that pile.

If Woj writes something, I'll pay attention. Same thing for some of Sham's writing. The rest? Not so much.

Keep in mind that Sham and Woj get the breaking news they get because they play nice with agents and teams and earn the leaks that way.

So, if they tweet a trade demand, it’s because the player/agent want it. But in terms of describing a team inner situation, it’s likely to be if the benefit to whomever leaked it to him.
Lazlo4D
Sophomore
And1: 81

Post#217 » by Lazlo4D » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:26 pm

The other team I wonder about for Oladipo is Milwaukee. They do seem very desperate to appease Giannis.

Trading Victor there for several future unprotected FRP's or pick-swap options could be a risk worth taking. I wouldn't want to take back any long term bad contracts though unless they pile on even more future FRP's or pick-swap options.

If Giannis would leave in a year or two those picks/swaps could be golden.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#218 » by Scoot McGroot » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:04 pm

Lazlo4D wrote:The other team I wonder about for Oladipo is Milwaukee. They do seem very desperate to appease Giannis.

Trading Victor there for several future unprotected FRP's or pick-swap options could be a risk worth taking. I wouldn't want to take back any long term bad contracts though unless they pile on even more future FRP's or pick-swap options.

If Giannis would leave in a year or two those picks/swaps could be golden.

It’s tough for Milwaukee to make a deal work legally without sending us Bledsoe on his long term deal, and they already owe a future pick to Cleveland that is protected in such a way that they can’t really send one out until 2024 or 2025 at the earliest. And if you’re gifting them Oladipo, you’re probably helping them keep Giannis, and making those picks inherently less valuable. Otherwise, Divincenzo is the only sweetener type guy on the roster.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#219 » by basketballwacko2 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 9:34 pm

Any player included in the deal from NYK would have to be fully guaranteed, or like Scoot said NYK could just waive them to create the space. I might like to get Gibson for his vet leadership and to be the backup PF that we need.

I don't think the Knicks would want to take Lamb because he'd add to their 2021-22 cap. But if they did and you got Gibson, the 21 Dallas pick, and the #27 it would clear up some space and give Indiana a late pick to take a shot with.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#220 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:54 am

Read on Twitter
?s=21

Vic bought a basketball team in New Zealand. He’s also handling this Pacers thing really poorly still.

Return to Indiana Pacers