ImageImageImage

Do you think Udonis Haslem is coming back next season?

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Re: Do you think Udonis Haslem is coming back next season? 

Post#41 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sun Nov 8, 2020 7:02 pm

Has anybody heard what the status of the g league and 2 way contracts will be? Getting those 1 or 2 roster spots (or at least the ability to increase the roster to 17) makes carrying Haslem as a player-coach much easier to justify. And since i don’t expect us to be hard capped it likely would make sense to use those most of those spots.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shootit
Junior
And1: 633

Post#42 » by Shootit » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 pm

Would be nice to have him as some type of coach moving forward.

Not saying that 15th spot is crucial and we'll lose out on some stud prospect, but it would be nice to maybe use that spot for those developmental guys while keeping UH in the locker as a coach
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#43 » by HIF » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:56 am

With the lack of rest time this off-season that 15th spot may be more useful than you think.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
Hoops23
General Manager
And1: 1,269

Post#44 » by Hoops23 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:42 am

I love what UD did for the franchise but I believe he should retire and join the coaching staff as his voice is more valuable than playing.

UD coming back and a draft pick coming in makes them 11 players now.
GameTime_3
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,051

Post#45 » by GameTime_3 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:52 pm

At this point, I no longer think its as much of UD coming back as the players asking UD to return. He is a leader and mentor in a way that many players are not. He understands the city, the expectation and is still in shape at an old age that he can push the team during practice.
insfo
General Manager
And1: 11,314

Do you think Udonis Haslem is coming back next season? 

Post#46 » by insfo » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:03 pm

As much as I love UD, I felt like he should have left with Wade. That would have been a storybook ending with that jump shot he hit to give Dwayne the triple double.

I know the 15th spot will definitely not help this year, but it was a chance for us to take a flyer on someone who we might now have to try and stash in the GLeague.

And I think he can still scream at the team wearing a suit :)

But...now that I know he’s coming back, Let’s Go UD!!!
Flash4thewin
RealGM
And1: 8,031

Post#47 » by Flash4thewin » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:40 pm

We are paying out Debt with interest which is fair. At this rate he can continue for another 5 to 10 years and im ok with it. A debt is a debt that must be paid. Unless we want to do some under the table deal where we get punitively punished. We told him we would take care of him, its kinda sad how people want him to leave and thus not honoring our agreement with him.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,445

Post#48 » by RexBoyWonder » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:00 am

If think the NBA is allowing teams to have 17 guys on the roster this year due to covid, no?

It's a no brainer to keep UD around, he helps the teams in ways we'll never hear about.

There's a lot of psychology going on behind the scenes, with young guys and vets as well.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HIF
RealGM
And1: 6,854

Post#49 » by HIF » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:55 am

Flash4thewin wrote:We are paying out Debt with interest which is fair. At this rate he can continue for another 5 to 10 years and im ok with it. A debt is a debt that must be paid. Unless we want to do some under the table deal where we get punitively punished. We told him we would take care of him, its kinda sad how people want him to leave and thus not honoring our agreement with him.

I don't think anyone wants him to leave. We can still pay our financial debt to him in an executive capacity. We don't have to waste a playing spot.
I remember when the Dolphins were perennial contenders

Only Fans are Heatlifers. I am a Heatlifer :banghead:
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#50 » by RonaldSeikaly » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:55 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:If think the NBA is allowing teams to have 17 guys on the roster this year due to covid, no?

It's a no brainer to keep UD around, he helps the teams in ways we'll never hear about.

There's a lot of psychology going on behind the scenes, with young guys and vets as well.

I hadn’t heard that. If you include 2 way players they Allow 17 but of course without a G league this year I’m not sure what the status would be of 2 way contracts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Return to Miami Heat