ImageImageImage

2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

If Suns get Chris Paul, who will be the 2nd leading scorer on the team?

Ayton
94%
Paul
6%

Total votes: 47

Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - the Season Resumes 

Post#3961 » by Kerrsed » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:36 pm

One thing thats going to be real interesting to keep an eye on is the situation in Houston.

Harden and Westbrook arnt happy. Supposedly the differences (Person conflict) between them isnt that big of a deal. Their beef is more with the FO and Owner. It seems that the FO and Owner are not including their franchise players in discussions about moves that are being made and how they are changing things. FO has come out and said they plan to change their system and new coach Silas has talked about changing their offense. Now Westbrook has come out saying he wants a trade, but Harden has taken a slightly higher road and not asked this publicly (But still isnt happy there and would like out). While many think the Rockets will just trade Westbrook and put those new pieces next to Harden, its not that easy.

Houston gave up a TON of assets to upgrade CP3 to Westbrook. Not only did they give up a multiple all-star in Chris Paul, but also first-round picks in 2024 and 2026 and the right to swap first-rounders in 2021 and 2025. Its going to be IMPOSSIBLE for them to get anything close to that in return. They will be taking on a HUGE loss that will effect them for many many years to come if they trade Westbrook.

But Harden on the other hand, he still holds a ton of value. They can pretty much get a kings ransom for him and it would help offset everything they lost obtaining Westbrook. But they more than likely would need to convince Westbrook to stay after the Harden trade and that they are making him the focal point of the team/offense.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#3962 » by cberry78 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 11:38 pm

Any chance of including MIL in this deal so we can get Bledsoe to sit on the bench behind CP3 again?
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,414

Post#3963 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:31 am

New update from Flex:

Chris Paul update!

Things still progressing
Chris Paul WANTS to play in Phx!
Both sides still exploring options and trying to hold firm
Chances are still is an 83/17 this happens
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#3964 » by BobbieL » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:34 am

bwgood77 wrote:New update from Flex:

Chris Paul update!

Things still progressing

90/10 to 85/15 to 83/17

Just because CP3 wants to play in Phoenix doesn't mean its the right play for the Suns. But hey, if the Suns can "David OZ 4Pt Play Option 2" and keep the 10th pick - I would be good with that. But I truly would be good with running out the same team with a couple tweaks with cap space.

More than anything - whats the damn parameters of the trade!!!
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,811

Post#3965 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:43 am

Chris Paul update!

Things still progressing

He has not said that, come on! :lol:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3966 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 12:53 am

BobbieL wrote:

Chris Paul update!

Things still progressing

90/10 to 85/15 to 83/17

Just because CP3 wants to play in Phoenix doesn't mean its the right play for the Suns. But hey, if the Suns can "David OZ 4Pt Play Option 2" and keep the 10th pick - I would be good with that. But I truly would be good with running out the same team with a couple tweaks with cap space.

I was joking. He did get a quite upset about a comment I made though. Sounds like he does read realgm.
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,839

Post#3967 » by TeamTragic » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:13 am

bwgood77 wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

90/10 to 85/15 to 83/17

I was joking. He did get a quite upset about a comment I made though. Sounds like he does read realgm.

What comment?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3968 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:27 am

GoranTragic wrote:What comment?

Just in a response to him saying he's been calling his sources all day and should have an update soon. I said something like "Hopefully they are not annoyed with you calling them all day." It upset him so I deleted it then that upset him.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#3969 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:52 am

No idea who this is but seems like Houston should be able to do better than this if they shopped harden.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#3970 » by TeamTragic » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:58 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:No idea who this is but seems like Houston should be able to do better than this if they shopped harden.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

That is a pretty good haul. Who would make a better offer?
TeamTragic
General Manager

Post#3971 » by TeamTragic » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:59 am

bwgood77 wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:What comment?

Just in a response to him saying he's been calling his sources all day and should have an update soon. I said something like "Hopefully they are not annoyed with you calling them all day." It upset him so I deleted it then that upset him.

Is he really that sensitive? :lol:
Mjee
Starter
And1: 2,160

Post#3972 » by Mjee » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:04 am

I loved the Dave king, Espo, flex podcast this morning !!!! Exciting suns times ahead
Sunsdeuce
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,190

Post#3973 » by Sunsdeuce » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:14 am

Some of you are taking what this Flex kid tweets and says as the word of God. It’s literally some kid on twitter with about 1500 followers telling everyone what the chances are for a Chris Paul trade. Going through his timeline it’s endless Captain Obvious info. But sure keep eating up.
“Cash Considerations” or Bust!

Only a fan of Arizona teams!
CARDINALS
Dbacks
Suns
Coyotes
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#3974 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:20 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:Some of you are taking what this Flex kid tweets and says as the word of God. It’s literally some kid on twitter with about 1500 followers telling everyone what the chances are for a Chris Paul trade. Going through his timeline it’s endless Captain Obvious info. But sure keep eating up.

He seems to be a 40 year old man who has been on a bunch of local Suns podcasts and also has his own podcast.

Not saying his tweets are Gospel truth, but he's not just a troll
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,206

Post#3975 » by King4Day » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:20 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:Some of you are taking what this Flex kid tweets and says as the word of God. It’s literally some kid on twitter with about 1500 followers telling everyone what the chances are for a Chris Paul trade. Going through his timeline it’s endless Captain Obvious info. But sure keep eating up.

If he didn't call it almost a week before it was announced on ESPN I'd agree.
He deserves some slack for breaking this before the main players did.
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#3976 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:21 am

GoranTragic wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:No idea who this is but seems like Houston should be able to do better than this if they shopped harden.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

You call Miami about Bam or even boston and ask for Brown and extras. Hell I'd call phoenix about Ayton+ before I'd take a 4 quarters for a dollar deal like that.

Booker Harden would be an interesting fit. Now saying it couldn't work but not the most ideal paring.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#3977 » by TheLogician » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:22 am

He's not hiding behind an anonymous Twitter handle, he's a real guy. I don't know if he has credible sources. Maybe he's just talking to Dudley or something. But ray ray is saying the same thing. Gambo has not ruled it out like he did with DLo. Let's stop antagonizing the guy and see where this goes. Be nice, guys.
TheLogician
Sixth Man
And1: 1,532

Post#3978 » by TheLogician » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:34 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

You call Miami about Bam or even boston and ask for Brown and extras. Hell I'd call phoenix about Ayton+ before I'd take a 4 quarters for a dollar deal like that.

Booker Harden would be an interesting fit. Now saying it couldn't work but not the most ideal paring.

I agree, I would not do that trade if I were Houston even if Harden demanded a trade to the Nets.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3979 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:39 am

matt131 wrote:

He seems to be a 40 year old man who has been on a bunch of local Suns podcasts and also has his own podcast.

Not saying his tweets are Gospel truth, but he's not just a troll

Yeah, it's entertaining, but nothing Gambo and ray ray didn't say first, but I liked hearing his draft thoughts, in the one podcast I listened to.. I like Sam Cooper's and Vigil's the best though. Cooper has done a lot of great work with videos as well.
DirtyDez
Suns Forum College Scout
And1: 6,311

Post#3980 » by DirtyDez » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:08 am

Sunsdeuce wrote:
DirtyDez wrote:
Jarlaxle0204 wrote:If you're saying Paul was a better defender, sure. Better player though? Nope. Steve Nash was a better passer and shooter. Both guys were great in their primes but I'd take Nash everyday.

Yes that’s what I’m saying. He wasn’t the wink link on one side of the ball.

When did Chris Paul win MVP? I must have forgot.

The MVP is a media voted award. It’s not proof of one player being better or more valuable than another.

My point is Paul was putting up elite offensive numbers while expending a ton of energy on defense. He was the most complete PG of this generation.
fromthetop321 wrote:I got Lebron number 1, he is also leading defensive player of the year. Curry's game still reminds me of Jeremy Lin to much.

Return to Phoenix Suns