Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 1:09 am

A place to discuss what other teams are doing in FA, trades, etc
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,837

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 - Other team's trades and transactions 

Post#2 » by TeamTragic » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:07 am

bwgood77 wrote:A place to discuss what other teams are doing in FA, trades, etc

Harden on the Nets would be interesting. Thoughts?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,413

Post#3 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:43 am

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:No idea who this is but seems like Houston should be able to do better than this if they shopped harden.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

That is a pretty good haul. Who would make a better offer?
Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

You call Miami about Bam or even boston and ask for Brown and extras. Hell I'd call phoenix about Ayton+ before I'd take a 4 quarters for a dollar deal like that.

Booker Harden would be an interesting fit. Now saying it couldn't work but not the most ideal paring.

I think the Rockets are just too thin with no draft picks coming up. I think this is a nice haul as I think LeVert and Allen are both really good, and Dinwiddie is pretty good too. Those guys are a pretty good group along with Tucker as a vet leader to set the tone and Gordon to launch 3s to start a decent foundation and clear cap space to maybe sign someone next summer.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:45 am

GoranTragic wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:A place to discuss what other teams are doing in FA, trades, etc

Harden on the Nets would be interesting. Thoughts?

Depends on how he played. It's a nice group of talent, but I don't know that Kyrie and KD would particularly like playing with him the way he's played in Houston.

Now if Nash, D'Antoni and Amare could get him to play the way Nash did in Phx, with KD and Kyrie getting a ton of shots while spreading the floor and being great secondary ball handlers, along with Harris also launching 3s and DeAndre Jordan playing the Amare role, it could be fun.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:58 am

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
GoranTragic wrote:
That is a pretty good haul. Who would make a better offer?
Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

You call Miami about Bam or even boston and ask for Brown and extras. Hell I'd call phoenix about Ayton+ before I'd take a 4 quarters for a dollar deal like that.

Booker Harden would be an interesting fit. Now saying it couldn't work but not the most ideal paring.

I think the Rockets are just too thin with no draft picks coming up. I think this is a nice haul as I think LeVert and Allen are both really good, and Dinwiddie is pretty good too. Those guys are a pretty good group along with Tucker as a vet leader to set the tone and Gordon to launch 3s to start a decent foundation and clear cap space to maybe sign someone next summer.

To add to this, the Westbrook to the Knicks rumor is interesting, and could help them replenish their picks, especially if they can get a Dallas pick or two and if not two, a protected first. And also maybe a pick from the Nets for Harden.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,663

Post#6 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:27 am

bwgood77 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

To add to this, the Westbrook to the Knicks rumor is interesting, and could help them replenish their picks, especially if they can get a Dallas pick or two and if not two, a protected first. And also maybe a pick from the Nets for Harden.
If they trade Harden they should really just keep Russ for now unless a decent deal was on the table. Russ as the 1 option will put up numbers and by the deadline or next year probably regain some trade value.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Qwigglez
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 13,658

Post#7 » by Qwigglez » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:54 am

Please trade these guys to the Eastern Conference. I do enjoy this very much.
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#8 » by BobbieL » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:56 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:Those are fine rotation guys but if I'm trading Harden I have to get a guy like a Ben Simmons back who could be a true core type player.

I wonder how Westbrook would do with the Knicks and Thibodeau. When fans are back- he would bring excitement to the Garden thats for sure. And I think the Knicks can get him fairly cheaply - meaning expiring contracts like Elfrid Payton, Gibson, Ellington and Randle plus picks. I doubt the Knicks would send RJ Barrett or Knox

I thought about the Hornets wanting him too but maybe they truly want a clean cap after so many years of bad contracts.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#9 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:58 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

If they trade Harden they should really just keep Russ for now unless a decent deal was on the table. Russ as the 1 option will put up numbers and by the deadline or next year probably regain some trade value.

That's true, but they have to give the following picks to OKC...their is a pick swap, and Houston has Miami's pick, so OKC gets the two most favorable picks between their own, Miami's and Houston's. However, Houston's pick is protected for picks 1-4.

It would be a huge advantage for Houston to get to keep 1-4 and send Miami's pick instead to OKC..otherwise they keep Miami's and OKC gets to keep Houston's and their own (unless I am reading this wrong...I only read the first few sentences).

Spoiler:
2021 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City or Miami incoming)
Oklahoma City will receive the two most favorable of its 2021 1st round pick, Miami's 2021 1st round pick and Houston's 2021 1st round pick protected for selections 1-4 and Houston will receive the least favorable of the three (via Miami to Phoenix to Philadelphia to L.A. Clippers to Oklahoma City; via Oklahoma City's right to swap Oklahoma City or Miami for Houston) (if the Houston pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then Houston's obligation to Oklahoma City will be extinguished) [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Phoenix, 6/21/2018; L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/6/2019; L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/16/2019]

https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/future_drafts/detailed

Therefore, if they can trade Westbrook for something like Randle, Ntilikina or DSJr or both, and more filler for Westbrook and get a couple of picks back...the Dallas ones or a Dallas one and protected Knicks one, it might be worth it.

If they can keep a top 4 pick for 2021 it could be big. If they tanked, they would likely be fighting for OKC for the top picks, but the problem would be if they fell just outside the top 4....they should have good odds.

I am not sure if Houston's owners would want to tank but it might be the best approach if they can get picks from the Knicks and Philly or the Nets and maybe keep their own.

I think rebuilding sooner if you're going to do it is the better approach, rather than maybe get a little better deal for Westbrook later. They could maybe add a few picks for next year in a good draft and for 2022 for a better draft with the high schoolers likely coming in with the college draft class.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#10 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

That's true, but they have to give the following picks to OKC...their is a pick swap, and Houston has Miami's pick, so OKC gets the two most favorable picks between their own, Miami's and Houston's. However, Houston's pick is protected for picks 1-4.

It would be a huge advantage for Houston to get to keep 1-4 and send Miami's pick instead to OKC..otherwise they keep Miami's and OKC gets to keep Houston's and their own (unless I am reading this wrong...I only read the first few sentences).

Spoiler:
2021 first round draft pick to Oklahoma City (swap, Oklahoma City or Miami incoming)
Oklahoma City will receive the two most favorable of its 2021 1st round pick, Miami's 2021 1st round pick and Houston's 2021 1st round pick protected for selections 1-4 and Houston will receive the least favorable of the three (via Miami to Phoenix to Philadelphia to L.A. Clippers to Oklahoma City; via Oklahoma City's right to swap Oklahoma City or Miami for Houston) (if the Houston pick falls within its protected range and is therefore not conveyable, then Houston's obligation to Oklahoma City will be extinguished) [Miami-New Orleans-Phoenix, 2/19/2015; Philadelphia-Phoenix, 6/21/2018; L.A. Clippers-Philadelphia, 2/6/2019; L.A. Clippers-Oklahoma City, 7/10/2019; Houston-Oklahoma City, 7/16/2019]

Therefore, if they can trade Westbrook for something like Randle, Ntilikina or DSJr or both, and more filler for Westbrook and get a couple of picks back...the Dallas ones or a Dallas one and protected Knicks one, it might be worth it.

If they can keep a top 4 pick for 2021 it could be big. If they tanked, they would likely be fighting for OKC for the top picks, but the problem would be if they fell just outside the top 4....they should have good odds.

I am not sure if Houston's owners would want to tank but it might be the best approach if they can get picks from the Knicks and Philly or the Nets and maybe keep their own.

I think rebuilding sooner if you're going to do it is the better approach, rather than maybe get a little better deal for Westbrook later. They could maybe add a few picks for next year in a good draft and for 2022 for a better draft with the high schoolers likely coming in with the college draft class.
They could try to go that route but with the lotto expanded they could tank and still have decent odds of not keeping their pick and getting that Miami pick in the 20s instead.

With all those picks going out they are basically in the Nets position after stupid trades.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#11 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:08 pm

Read on Twitter

Wonder is this is setting up for the 10th pick to be in the Paul deal with both those picks in the 20s heading to Phoenix. I could live with that.

Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,462

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CPfree or CPexpensive? 

Post#12 » by Ghost of Kleine » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:12 pm

God! I really loathe the Flakers!
:nonono: I hope that this means that Paul deal is gonna go through though. :nod:
Read on Twitter
?s=09
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#13 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:15 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder is this is setting up for the 10th pick to be in the Paul deal with both those picks in the 20s heading to Phoenix. I could live with that.

Interesting thought about the picks.

I almost think Rubio plus a really good backup PG would be best for us, but oh well. Looks like Danny Green might be in the trade as well

Read on Twitter
?s=20
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#14 » by BobbieL » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Ghost of Kleine wrote:God! I really loathe the Flakers!
:nonono: I hope that this means that Paul deal is gonna go through though. :nod:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Danny Green and 28 for Shroder. Another pick for the Thunder

I wonder if this helps with a Suns trade. Personally, I dont like giving up the 10th pick - am on record. Personally, I think the Thunder should have to give up a pick. Maybe the deal will be the Suns are getting the 28th pick in the draft as part of the CP3

I would be a lot more for the trade if the Suns were to get CP3 and the 28 for Oubre, Rubio, Jerome (or Okobo) - and whatever other teams are involved.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#15 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=09
Yeah this is dumb. The rich get richer
darealjuice
Suns Forum Future All Star
And1: 8,784

Post#16 » by darealjuice » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:18 pm

We better not get bent over for CP3 if OKC is giving up Schroder for a late first and Danny Green lol
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#17 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:23 pm

BobbieL wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=09

Danny Green and 28 for Shroder. Another pick for the Thunder

I wonder if this helps with a Suns trade. Personally, I dont like giving up the 10th pick - am on record. Personally, I think the Thunder should have to give up a pick. Maybe the deal will be the Suns are getting the 28th pick in the draft as part of the CP3

I would be a lot more for the trade if the Suns were to get CP3 and the 28 for Oubre, Rubio, Jerome (or Okobo) - and whatever other teams are involved.

I would say I wonder if there is a chance we get Danny Green too and then give up a pick, but that's too much money going out.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:31 pm

darealjuice wrote:We better not get bent over for CP3 if OKC is giving up Schroder for a late first and Danny Green lol

Exactly what I was thinking. That price seems fairly low
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 4:53 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#20 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:01 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:If they trade Harden they should really just keep Russ for now unless a decent deal was on the table. Russ as the 1 option will put up numbers and by the deadline or next year probably regain some trade value.

Spoiler:

They could try to go that route but with the lotto expanded they could tank and still have decent odds of not keeping their pick and getting that Miami pick in the 20s instead.

With all those picks going out they are basically in the Nets position after stupid trades.

Yeah, they could end up with the Miami pick, but what's the purpose of treadmilling? You likely still finish somewhat near the bottom of the west with Westbrook, as tough as the west is...might as well give yourself a chance at keeping the pick in the top 4.

And with a Harden and Westbrook trade, they can likey replenish a number of those picks.

Return to Phoenix Suns