bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Re: Around the NBA - 2020-21 - Other team's trades and transactions 

Post#21 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder is this is setting up for the 10th pick to be in the Paul deal with both those picks in the 20s heading to Phoenix. I could live with that.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app

We'd have to live with it, but do you think Oubre, Rubio and the 10 for Paul, the 25 and 28 is worth it or is it an overpay?
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,637

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CPfree or CPexpensive? 

Post#22 » by Saberestar » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:03 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wow, so cheap for the Lakers. Dennis is an amazing 6th man.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Re: 2020 Season/Offseason (FA/Trade) Speculation - CPfree or CPexpensive? 

Post#23 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:07 pm

Saberestar wrote:
matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Wow, so cheap for the Lakers. Dennis is an amazing 6th man.
Losing Green isn't nothing though and if this means they don't feel like they can retain Rondo then I'm not sure they are significantly better.

Now I do expect they use the MLE to add a wing so that helps.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#24 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:24 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Wonder is this is setting up for the 10th pick to be in the Paul deal with both those picks in the 20s heading to Phoenix. I could live with that.

We'd have to live with it, but do you think Oubre, Rubio and the 10 for Paul, the 25 and 28 is worth it or is it an overpay?
Depends on who else Paul and CAA can deliver in free agency. You also have to factor Booker into the equation, as I just mentioned in the other tread if he really wants this to happen it puts the suns in a tough spot. I don't like that this is how things work in the nba but doesn't change the reality of the situation. Like you can hold out and 'win' the value battle but lose the long term war.

But I'd also say if you're planning on drafting a role player type like Bane at 10 then having two swings are role players in the 20s probably isn't a big difference.

Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Post#25 » by matt131 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Bledsoe seems like a tough piece to move
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#26 » by bwgood77 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:33 pm

Read on Twitter
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#27 » by WeekapaugGroove » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:44 pm

Read on Twitter

Yikes Houston

lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,504

Post#28 » by lilfishi22 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:55 pm

matt131 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Bledsoe seems like a tough piece to move

They dug themselves into a hole with that extension.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
TeamTragic
General Manager
And1: 5,787

Post#29 » by TeamTragic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:47 am

Bledsoe being moved again?

What a shocker :lol:
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#30 » by Flying Colors » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:06 am

They don’t want him to be there

But really bucks found out what took us a couple years to find out, Bledsoe is fool’s gold. We should have choose Dragic.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by matt131 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:59 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I don't know who any of these guys are haha
BobbieL
RealGM
And1: 6,785

Post#32 » by BobbieL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:09 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes Houston

That doesn't seem like a good trade for the Rockets: Levert Dinwiddie and picks..
nevetsov
Head Coach
And1: 1,709

Post#33 » by nevetsov » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:14 pm

I actually think Harden to the Nets makes both teams worse. Who plays defense across Kyrie-Harden-Durant? How does the offense get shared across three primary options?
Rockets might drop out of the playoffs depending on what happens with Westbrook.
matt131
Lead Assistant

Post#34 » by matt131 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:04 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#35 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:25 pm

BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes Houston

That doesn't seem like a good trade for the Rockets: Levert Dinwiddie and picks..
My issue is if you're trading an MVP level guy you need at least 1 thing back that could be a blue chip long-term piece. Lavert is a nice player but to me he's not a foundation type guy. It's nice you have him with 3 years left but if you have to rebuild he could be a FA before you really get back. Allen too is a nice player but he's a RFA after this season and will need to be paid. Dinwiddie is nice but hell opt out and be a FA after this season.

Only way this makes sense is with a **** ton of picks coming with those guys and then also flipping some of those guys for additional picks or guys on rookie deals.

I'd much rather target a real piece like Simmons or call the suns about Ayton. New Orleans is also an interesting idea where you grab a bunch of their future picks and some of their young guys. Maybe wait until FA and see if you could get Ingram to want to come to Houston as part of a S&T.

BobbieL
RealGM

Post#36 » by BobbieL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:29 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
Read on Twitter

Yikes Houston

My issue is if you're trading an MVP level guy you need at least 1 thing back that could be a blue chip long-term piece. Lavert is a nice player but to me he's not a foundation type guy. It's nice you have him with 3 years left but if you have to rebuild he could be a FA before you really get back. Allen too is a nice player but he's a RFA after this season and will need to be paid. Dinwiddie is nice but hell opt out and be a FA after this season.

Only way this makes sense is with a **** ton of picks coming with those guys and then also flipping some of those guys for additional picks or guys on rookie deals.

I'd much rather target a real piece like Simmons or call the suns about Ayton. New Orleans is also an interesting idea where you grab a bunch of their future picks and some of their young guys. Maybe wait until FA and see if you could get Ingram to want to come to Houston as part of a S&T.

I would be calling the Sixers and ask for Simmons and be willing to take Horford for the dollars to match.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM

Post#37 » by WeekapaugGroove » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:48 pm

BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:
BobbieL wrote:

I would be calling the Sixers and ask for Simmons and be willing to take Horford for the dollars to match.
I'd first ask for Tobias Harris instead of Horford. I actually think Harris would rebound from last season as more of the focal point of the O.

Now if you get Simmons you kind of have to move Russ even if it's for not much more than a salary dump. Those two wouldn't be a good fit together.

This would also fulfill my dream that some team completely build a roster and system around Simmons. Get shooting and length and run like hell. I'm probably higher on Simmons than most people, I think he's a special talent but one that really needs the right team around him to unlock it all.

BobbieL
RealGM

Post#38 » by BobbieL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:00 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:
BobbieL wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:My issue is if you're trading an MVP level guy you need at least 1 thing back that could be a blue chip long-term piece. Lavert is a nice player but to me he's not a foundation type guy. It's nice you have him with 3 years left but if you have to rebuild he could be a FA before you really get back. Allen too is a nice player but he's a RFA after this season and will need to be paid. Dinwiddie is nice but hell opt out and be a FA after this season.

I'd first ask for Tobias Harris instead of Horford. I actually think Harris would rebound from last season as more of the focal point of the O.

Now if you get Simmons you kind of have to move Russ even if it's for not much more than a salary dump. Those two wouldn't be a good fit together.

This would also fulfill my dream that some team completely build a roster and system around Simmons. Get shooting and length and run like hell. I'm probably higher on Simmons than most people, I think he's a special talent but one that really needs the right team around him to unlock it all.

I just looked at the Sixers cap - whoa nellie - Harris makes 34m per year. How does Elton Brand have a job?!

But anyway, Simmons and another player (Horford or Harris) - is in the mid 50s so the deal would be Simmons and another player for Harden and Covington. Well thats the easiest way to do it. But yes, would need to move Westbrook.

Westbrook to the Knicks for Elfrid Ellington, Gibson and Portis or Randle gets it done - plus picks. Maybe Knox is included
wheezy
Rookie
And1: 556

Post#39 » by wheezy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:08 pm

WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'd first ask for Tobias Harris instead of Horford. I actually think Harris would rebound from last season as more of the focal point of the O.

God I'm right there with you. I think Simmons would have been perfect on the bubble Suns actually. Send Ayton out & keep Baynes and run like hell.
BobbieL
RealGM

Post#40 » by BobbieL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:33 pm

wheezy wrote:
WeekapaugGroove wrote:I'd first ask for Tobias Harris instead of Horford. I actually think Harris would rebound from last season as more of the focal point of the O.

God I'm right there with you. I think Simmons would have been perfect on the bubble Suns actually. Send Ayton out & keep Baynes and run like hell.

How about this three team trade

Houston gets Ayton and players
Suns get Simmons and whatever filler to make it 40m
Philly gets Harden

Return to Phoenix Suns