ImageImageImage

Around the NBA Discussion (20/21)

Moderators: Dirk, HMFFL, Mavrelous

arkuo
General Manager
And1: 1,917

Around the NBA Discussion (20/21) 

Post#1 » by arkuo » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:09 pm

Daryl Morey steps down as Rockets GM. I know Cuban tried to hire him to come to Dallas before. with a cheap owner like Ferttita, I'm sure Morey has a lot of difference in views. Any chance Cuban gets him to be GM with Donnie promoted to President of Basketball Ops?
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Re: Around the NBA discussion 

Post#2 » by HMFFL » Thu Oct 15, 2020 5:46 pm

arkuo wrote:Daryl Morey steps down as Rockets GM. I know Cuban tried to hire him to come to Dallas before. with a cheap owner like Ferttita, I'm sure Morey has a lot of difference in views. Any chance Cuban gets him to be GM with Donnie promoted to President of Basketball Ops?
Not a wise decision by Houston to let him go. In don't expect Houston to continue winning longterm. If next season turns bad I expect James Harden to force himself out.

Morey always did his job and put the pieces together. I don't believe he wanted the Westbrook trade to happen and I think that was more on Harden.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Fri Oct 16, 2020 3:16 am

Tim MacMahon: Mavs assistant Stephen Silas will have a second interview with the Rockets in Houston on Friday, sources tell @Brian Windhorst and me.

– via Twitter espn_macmahon

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#4 » by HMFFL » Sun Nov 8, 2020 4:21 pm

Nashville is among the cities being considered as a temporary home for the NBA’s Toronto Raptors, according to a source with knowledge of the team’s plans. Raptors officials visited Nashville earlier this week, the source said. Bridgestone Arena, home to the NHL’s Predators, regularly hosts the SEC men’s basketball tournament.

– via Adam Vingan @ The Athletic

arkuo
General Manager

Post#5 » by arkuo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:27 pm

Lakers just sent Danny Green to OKC for Shroeder. Any with OKC looking to go young (new coach and a plethora of picks), any chance Green gets flipped again? I know Cuban chased down Danny Green twice last summer.
JJP
Pro Prospect
And1: 172

Post#6 » by JJP » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:39 pm

arkuo wrote:Lakers just sent Danny Green to OKC for Shroeder. Any with OKC looking to go young (new coach and a plethora of picks), any chance Green gets flipped again? I know Cuban chased down Danny Green twice last summer.

Yes, he'll get flipped again. I'm not sure how long he has to stay with OKC before they trade him - this is an odd season. But it's a smart move by OKC. They get a first round draft pick (#28) and a player who will be in demand (and with an expiring contract) in a few months that will almost certainly give them more assets when he gets flipped.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#7 » by arkuo » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:49 pm

JJP wrote:
arkuo wrote:Lakers just sent Danny Green to OKC for Shroeder. Any with OKC looking to go young (new coach and a plethora of picks), any chance Green gets flipped again? I know Cuban chased down Danny Green twice last summer.

Yes, he'll get flipped again. I'm not sure how long he has to stay with OKC before they trade him - this is an odd season. But it's a smart move by OKC. They get a first round draft pick (#28) and a player who will be in demand (and with an expiring contract) in a few months that will almost certainly give them more assets when he gets flipped.

I'm not sure if Cuban has the assets to land Danny Green without giving up #18.

But if Delon Wright + Seth Curry would be able to do it, then that's an upgrade at SF. Danny Green at OKC will be another Iguodala in Memphis situation. I bet OKC will hold on until the last minute to get the best deal possible.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by HMFFL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:20 pm

Since it was reported that Westbrook wants out, the Hornets have emerged as the most likely team to land him. Front office sources tell me Michael Jordan wants the 2016-17 MVP, which is unsurprising and understandable. Westbrook would put eyes on televisions and fans in the seats (once they’re able to safely return). Charlotte would win more games, too. But those same sources add that the Hornets won’t put the no. 3 pick in Wednesday’s draft on the table for Westbrook, so the organization is clearly not overly zealous to make a deal.

– via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

JJP
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by JJP » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:45 pm

arkuo
General Manager

Post#10 » by arkuo » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:50 pm

JJP wrote:Chris Paul to Phoenix. No third team needed.

https://www.hoopsrumors.com/2020/11/suns-thunder-finalizing-chris-paul-trade.html

With CP3 taken, I feel like the door is slowly closing on the Bucks to further improve their roster. By the time the smoke clears, they will probably have the same team going forward. And with lack of moves which Giannis' decision is dependent on, I don't see a good thing happening there in Milwaukee. Especially with KD and Kyrie coming back, it makes the East harder to win.
leolozon
General Manager
And1: 7,753

Post#11 » by leolozon » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:32 pm

arkuo wrote:
JJP wrote:

I'm not sure if Cuban has the assets to land Danny Green without giving up #18.

But if Delon Wright + Seth Curry would be able to do it, then that's an upgrade at SF. Danny Green at OKC will be another Iguodala in Memphis situation. I bet OKC will hold on until the last minute to get the best deal possible.

Curry is more valuable than Green. Green is breaking down.
JJP
Pro Prospect

Post#12 » by JJP » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 am

Green may not be 28 any more, but Danny Green in a Mavs uniform on an expiring contract is terrific. We very likely would only have him for as a rotation player for less than a season. I'm not sure I'd do the deal with Curry, but there's other options. Maybe they send Green and Mike Muscala for Wright and Kleber. That would shed Kleber's contract for next off-season.

In a recent article about the Lakers, it was revealed that even when Green struggled with his 3-ball the Lakers wouldn't take him out of the game. All the metrics suggested Green was impacting that series in other ways. Green's +/- was keeping him relevant even when he wasn't hitting but about 30% of his 3s.

He's a veteran with a championship pedigree who can still play. If he gets his 3-point shot back in the high 30's, I would argue he's a great fit especially with that contract.
ejs78
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,091

Post#13 » by ejs78 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:19 am

Welp Jrue and Bogdanovic to the Bucks

Sent from my SM-G960U using RealGM mobile app
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#14 » by HMFFL » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:34 am

Bogdan Bogdanovic will be sent to the Bucks in a sign-and-trade deal with Donte DiVincenzo, Ersan Ilyasova and D.J. Wilson all going to the Kings in the trade. 

Well this has been an interesting night and the Bucks are now looking at a starting five of Jrue Holiday, Bogdanovic, Khris Middleton, Giannis Antetokounmpo and Brook Lopez this season. That's a team that can compete for a championship and could even end up as a favorite to win it all. Bogdanovic's exit could propel Buddy Hield into the Kings' starting lineup, but he'll be the fourth scoring option for the Bucks, at best. He's still worth drafting and is a big upgrade over Wesley Matthews, but he still looks like a late-round flier at this point. 

RELATED: 

Buddy Hield

, Wesley Matthews

, Donte DiVincenzo

SOURCE: Adrian Wojnarowski on Twitter

Nov 17, 2020, 1:10 AM ET

Captain_Obvious
Lead Assistant
And1: 923

Post#15 » by Captain_Obvious » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:23 am

We are going to bring back Matthews as our big signing, aren't we?
Archx
RealGM
And1: 7,924

Post#16 » by Archx » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:59 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:We are going to bring back Matthews as our big signing, aren't we?

Haha yeah looks like. I don't think that Giannis will leave anyway, might as well risk it and try to get Lavine.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#17 » by arkuo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:56 am

Captain_Obvious wrote:We are going to bring back Matthews as our big signing, aren't we?

That may just be our biggest free agent aquisition this summer. :banghead:
JD45
General Manager
And1: 261

Post#18 » by JD45 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:54 am

Buck's going all in to keep Giannis. Good for them. Next step is to see if he signs the SuperMax in response or waits to see how it works out. And if they extend Jrue.
"Government is the great fiction through which everyone endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else"

Frederic Bastiat
JJP
Pro Prospect

Post#19 » by JJP » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:24 pm

The Bucks did well. but they better win now because they just lost three first-round picks. Sacramento got robbed in my opinion, and I'm not sure the Pelicans actually got much out of this for their current team. Bledsoe doesn't move the needle. They did well to get the Bucks first-round picks though. Still, it's hard to believe this was the best offer on the table for the Pelicans.

Milwaukee will look like Houston if they don't win. Everyone will be paid to the max and there will be no draft picks.
arkuo
General Manager

Post#20 » by arkuo » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:02 pm

While the whole NBA has been focused on contract extensions.. Giannis' supermax extension, James Harden's extension and Victor Oladipo's contract extension, there has not been much attention placed on Rudy Gobert's contract extension. Either the Jazz don't plan on extending one to Gobert or Gobert himself has other plans. Because I recall the Jazz offering one to Mitchell right after a game 7 playoff loss. So with little to no activity on the Gobert front, I think there is a play to be made here.

Return to Dallas Mavericks