Re: Shams & Woj: Green, 28 for Dennis Schroder 

Post#21 » by iamworthy » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:44 pm

:nod:
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#22 » by Sofa King » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:45 pm

Spanish_Laker wrote:Not very happy about this. I'd rather keep the team intact.

That's not an option anymore so that's why we got Pelinka making moves.
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#23 » by Sofa King » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:51 pm

Read on Twitter
RoyceDa59
RealGM
And1: 8,731

Post#24 » by RoyceDa59 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:58 pm

Great move. Consolidate talent and added a great 3rd scorer/shooter.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Go Raps!!
Laker1
Assistant Coach
And1: 154

Post#25 » by Laker1 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:05 pm

Now we just need to find a couple wing defenders

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,508

Post#26 » by zimpy27 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:11 pm

Laker1 wrote:Now we just need to find a couple wing defenders

Just a couple 3 and D wings. Should be easy to find :oops:
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#27 » by Sofa King » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:13 pm

Read on Twitter
Sofa King
RealGM

Post#28 » by Sofa King » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:14 pm

zimpy27 wrote:
Laker1 wrote:Now we just need to find a couple wing defenders

Just a couple 3 and D wings. Should be easy to find :oops:

Wesley Mathews is being discussed.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,831

Post#29 » by Vae Victus » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:24 pm

If Bradley opts out and KCP isnt retained, the Lakers are in DIRE need for a wing defender who can competently shoot 3s.

Shroeder does fill a severe need at PG and can come off the bench if need be to help the 2nd unit and will of course close games, which just goes to show what a crazy season it was for the Lakers to win a chip while being so short handed.

The ideal trade woulda been opt in Bradley (with an understanding that he doesnt have to suit up) + McGee + Cook + 28 for Shroeder, as it trades 3 useless expiring players + pick for a very useful player while keeping Green around for the same role as last year. Alas that wasnt in the cards, so now the team has to trade one of their rotation players + pick for a better rotation player.

Still a solid move, not a homerun move, but it does give the Lakers some flexibility on how to deal with Rondo as well. He can take his vet or leave it.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#30 » by BEazy » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:51 pm

Not going to say much about this. I am thankful we got Schroder instead of Eric Beldsoe. Yuck to Bledsoe....

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#31 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:19 pm

Got to remember that they also had to know Bradley fired his agent and was talking a little possibly declining his option. Green wasn’t coming back because the fan base was bad for his mental health tbh. I can see him being redirected to Dallas
KL78192020
RealGM
And1: 14,401

Post#32 » by KL78192020 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:25 pm

Sofa King wrote:

That's not an option anymore so that's why we got Pelinka making moves.

Green was pretty bad. Plus lakers need another shot creator if Lebron is getting rest this year, Dennis is just as good a 3 point shooter as Green.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,413

Post#33 » by Slava » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:42 pm

Vae Victus wrote:If Bradley opts out and KCP isnt retained, the Lakers are in DIRE need for a wing defender who can competently shoot 3s.

Shroeder does fill a severe need at PG and can come off the bench if need be to help the 2nd unit and will of course close games, which just goes to show what a crazy season it was for the Lakers to win a chip while being so short handed.

The ideal trade woulda been opt in Bradley (with an understanding that he doesnt have to suit up) + McGee + Cook + 28 for Shroeder, as it trades 3 useless expiring players + pick for a very useful player while keeping Green around for the same role as last year. Alas that wasnt in the cards, so now the team has to trade one of their rotation players + pick for a better rotation player.

Still a solid move, not a homerun move, but it does give the Lakers some flexibility on how to deal with Rondo as well. He can take his vet or leave it.

KCP is always going to get retained and Lakers have invested in Caruso as a back up + THT coming through to soak up some minutes. None of them including Green can defend bigger wings and I think that's the next move coming up with Kuzma + Bradley + McGee and Cook.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#34 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:49 pm

I love this but I thought the fa start date is Friday? This too early of an announcement makes me uneasy.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#35 » by kblo247 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:06 pm

Slava wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:If Bradley opts out and KCP isnt retained, the Lakers are in DIRE need for a wing defender who can competently shoot 3s.

KCP is always going to get retained and Lakers have invested in Caruso as a back up + THT coming through to soak up some minutes. None of them including Green can defend bigger wings and I think that's the next move coming up with Kuzma + Bradley + McGee and Cook.

They could also you know let Kuzma defend the best wing since his defensive numbers were as good as Caruso in round one, he had the best vs Butler in the finals, and he pretty much bought in to doing that last year despite being slid down to a wing at all star break with no camp or anything to practice that role. Hell he had no camp period that whole year and was still a double digit guy in 23 minutes all while being a 19ppg starter who the team barely lost with when someone sat and missed a game and that was at the lowest salary of every rotation player.

Bradley fired his agent so you never know if they means take an option or decline it. It usually means his old agent didn’t fetch him the offer he wanted though or wasn’t communicating with the team how he wanted.

I could easily see Rondo and Dwight both getting offers from the Clippers and Warriors as well as starting roles. But then again I can also see Javale being a good option for the warriors if he opted out and wanted to land somewhere
Sushisensei26
Sixth Man
And1: 614

Post#36 » by Sushisensei26 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:08 pm

Great move if it actually works out. Way too soon to let the deal be reported tho. It’s gonna make me very uncomfortable.

Pelinka making good moves.
Marrrcuss
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,653

Post#37 » by Marrrcuss » Sun Nov 15, 2020 9:41 pm

A few of you keep saying Green was great defensively but he wasn't. At least not in the playoffs. I think he still helped spread the floor with the threat of him getting hot though.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#38 » by MAMBAEMD » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:05 pm

I'm not happy about losing Green because he did a lot of things that didn't necessarily show up on the stat sheets that helped us win.

I do like Schroeder though. He's a tough stud that defends with tenacity and can hit the outside shot reliably.

I love that Pelinka is being aggressive and not standing by. It's great to see that as defending champs, we are the ones being aggressive from the get-go to upgrade.

Matthews is okay as a wing defender but I really like Jerami Grant. I realize that it will be super hard to get him but if we do, and Galinari, that would be huge upgrade IMO, realizing we'd need to give up Kuz, Bradley, Cook, Javale etc.. to get those guys.
Formerly lakerRD
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#39 » by Beethoven » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:48 pm

You're gonna love shroder. He'll fit right in seamlessly and most likely give you better 3pt shooting than green and will almost take over defensively for if we lose bradley
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,809

Post#40 » by TylersLakers » Sun Nov 15, 2020 11:29 pm

Couple more moves to make:

- Sign Ibaka, MLE
- Sign Harkless, Bi-Annual Exception
- Sign Wes Matthews, Melo, Dwight to minimum deals

PG: Schroder/Caruso/THT
SG: KCP/Matthews/
SF: LeBron/Harkless
PF: Davis/Kuz/Melo
C: Ibaka/Howard/

Still a couple more spots after that as well.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers