A CP3 trade...

Moderators: retrobro90, Dadouv47

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,203

Re: A CP3 trade... 

Post#21 » by ThunderBolt » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:33 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Would Morey trade for CP3 a year after trading him? He seems like he would be a prefect fit for them. I think Schroder on the 6ers makes sense with Chris as well. Morey has been willing to deal Future FRP. Presti seems to like those draft assets. This just seems to add up. The Thunder like sending guys to successful spots when they trade guys. Which I think is important to them as an organization and one of the many reasons guys have successful tenures with the Thunder.

I think they could do one or the other, but not both. It gets really tricky trying to do both. OKC would need to take back Harris and Horford. That's too much bad money that I don't think Philly has the assets to compensate for. They could throw Horford, Richardson, Smith, Scott and Thybulle but that a 5 for 2 trade. Guys like Richardson and Thybulle could be key role players for Philly.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#22 » by Balkman32 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 6:17 pm

Horford, Richardson, Smith & Scott for Schroder and Paul works. Yes Richardson would fit a role on the 6ers but @ $10M he is necessary if they want Schroder, who could be the PG of the future if it clicks with the Big two. CP3 went out of his way to say he really liked playing with Dennis. I think Chris and Dennis could change the way the 6ers work. Plus they get off Horford. They are cooking with Gas.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by Balkman32 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 5:49 pm

What does everyone think about the rumored Oubre, Rubio, and the 10th pick for CP3?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#24 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:07 pm

Balkman32 wrote:What does everyone think about the rumored Oubre, Rubio, and the 10th pick for CP3?

Getting the Tenth pick would be a dream. Rumor is okc doesn’t want any money so they are trying to find a place for Rubio. I wouldn’t mind keeping him for a year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by Balkman32 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:19 pm

I think the ideal is SGA on the ball full time.

So I think both Rubio and Oubre are on their way elsewhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Green shuffled elsewhere.

Per the Ringer is sounds like the 10th pick is in play.

Who do we like at the 10th pick?

Hayes & Haliburton seem like they would be good secondary ball handlers to play with Shai.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#26 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 6:35 pm

Balkman32 wrote:I think the ideal is SGA on the ball full time.

So I think both Rubio and Oubre are on their way elsewhere.

I wouldn’t be surprised to see Green shuffled elsewhere.

Per the Ringer is sounds like the 10th pick is in play.

Who do we like at the 10th pick?

Hayes & Haliburton seem like they would be good secondary ball handlers to play with Shai.

I like Williams and Hayes.
getrichordie
General Manager
And1: 2,309

Post#27 » by getrichordie » Sun Nov 15, 2020 7:01 pm

I'm on board with Anthony at the 10th pick if he's there... if not I'm fine with Hayes as well. Lower on the Williams kid than most.
[twitter] @thunderdustin
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by ThunderBolt » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:33 pm

getrichordie wrote:I'm on board with Anthony at the 10th pick if he's there... if not I'm fine with Hayes as well. Lower on the Williams kid than most.

As I’ve thought about it, it doesn’t make much sense for me to not be fans of Woodard II and Green but like williams. They all have some similar concerns. Lamelo is the only player I feel strongly about one way or the other.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#29 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:55 am

If it's Cam Johnson instead of the 10th pick, I'm real good with that. I'm so underwhelmed with this draft class.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#30 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:06 am

jake_swivel wrote:If it's Cam Johnson instead of the 10th pick, I'm real good with that. I'm so underwhelmed with this draft class.

I don’t know much about him other than he’s two years older than shai. I think their were some rumors we liked him last year but Phoenix picked him ridiculously early.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#31 » by Balkman32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:15 am

jake_swivel wrote:If it's Cam Johnson instead of the 10th pick, I'm real good with that. I'm so underwhelmed with this draft class.

It just seems odd that the Thunder would ask for Johnson. They want future picks & Johnson fills a big role in PHX. Presti is going to squeeze 2 FRP and a couple of Pick swaps out of this Chris Paul deal.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#32 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:01 am

Balkman32 wrote:

It just seems odd that the Thunder would ask for Johnson. They want future picks & Johnson fills a big role in PHX. Presti is going to squeeze 2 FRP and a couple of Pick swaps out of this Chris Paul deal.

Not sure there is much of a difference between first round picks and a first year player. He's a young asset that is about the same age as SGA who shot 39% from 3 his rookie year as a stretch 4. Plus, at this point with something like 16 first round picks over the next 6 years, it's probably better to take a young guy who has proven he can play in the league rather than the crapshoot that is this year's draft.

Cam seems professional and comes from a blue blood program. I think a big thing Presti has to think about the next few years is how to have a ton of young players coming in while maintaining an atmosphere that isn't chaotic amidst losing more than the franchise has lost in over a decade. If he improves a bit next year, packaging Cam or Bazely or Dort with some picks might get you a pretty decent player.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#33 » by Balkman32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:33 pm

Johnson was an old first round pick last year. While they could draft a guy in the first round this year who is 6 years younger is a pretty big difference for a team that's totally rebuilding.

Plus Johnson and Bazley play the same position. I think the Thunder are going to try to find out what they have in their younger guys.

I just feel like Johnson fits what the Suns want to do, and the Thunder would really rather future FRP's with low protections. I would be shocked if the Thunder got Johnson in a CP3 deal, especially if the #10 pick is going to the Thunder. I think they are using the Johnson as piece to negotiate the future FRP or pick swap protections.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#34 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:01 pm

Balkman32 wrote:Johnson was an old first round pick last year. While they could draft a guy in the first round this year who is 6 years younger is a pretty big difference for a team that's totally rebuilding.

Plus Johnson and Bazley play the same position. I think the Thunder are going to try to find out what they have in their younger guys.

I just feel like Johnson fits what the Suns want to do, and the Thunder would really rather future FRP's with low protections. I would be shocked if the Thunder got Johnson in a CP3 deal, especially if the #10 pick is going to the Thunder. I think they are using the Johnson as piece to negotiate the future FRP or pick swap protections.

I agree that from the sun’s perspective, keeping johnson would be best. I just don’t love anyone in this draft. I’d prefer him.

Side note, I think the suns are dumb for going after CP3. It’s a two year rental and he’s injury prone. I think he’ll age as well as any point guard ever, but it’s always possible his body breaks down. God bless them if they want to, but I don’t get it.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#35 » by Balkman32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:09 pm

WOJ just tweeted its done. CP3 to PHX.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#36 » by Balkman32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:16 pm

2022 FRP back to OKC along with Ty Jerome & JALEN LECQUE
49erhokie
Sophomore
And1: 48

Post#37 » by 49erhokie » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:46 pm

Balkman32 wrote:

haha wrong.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:53 pm

49erhokie wrote:
Balkman32 wrote:

haha wrong.

Still feels pretty good to be wrong for the thunder.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#39 » by Balkman32 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:05 pm

The '22 Top 12 protected pick is a really nice future pick for the Thunder to add to its Draft Chest. I would argue that its the best year to have a pick.

Rubio and Oubre could both bring back FRP's as well. I am sue Utah will be calling about Rubio while Green and Oubre will be desired wing by the deadline if a FRP is not traded for them before the start of the season.

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder