ImageImageImage

Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Would you trade Ben for Harden?

Hell Yes
53%
No way in Hell
47%

Total votes: 101

Hussien Fatal
Veteran
And1: 1,376

Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben? 

Post#1 » by Hussien Fatal » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:08 pm

With Morey and Harden having a connection this seems to be a very real possibility.

And as a sixers fan this is an extremely difficult call but I think they would be smart to trade Ben for Harden. Him and Joel could be too much for the east.
They call me Hussien Fatal its a two game table im robbin you **** cradle wit a knife in your navel....
youngcrev
RealGM
And1: 8,446

Re: Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben? 

Post#2 » by youngcrev » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:17 pm

I'd like to say that I'm on the fence since I think it would be understandable if they weren't willing to do it.... But I'd be extremely excited if they made the deal.
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,525

Post#3 » by SixthStreet » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:29 pm

I'm not "no way in hell" but more like 55-45 keep Ben.
oldshoolballer
Starter
And1: 2,614

Post#4 » by oldshoolballer » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:39 pm

Harden/Embiid would work and I would like to see it happen. The question for the Sixers is what else are you giving up besides Simmons.
Sixerscan
Senior Mod - 76ers
Senior Mod - 76ers
And1: 16,013

Post#5 » by Sixerscan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm

I don’t think it’s crazy to want to do it but I would say no.

In 5 years Ben is going to be 29 and Harden will be 36.
mhunt
Rookie
And1: 172

Post#6 » by mhunt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:46 pm

The window to win w/ Embiid is already short, IMO. So I'd consider the trade for Harden.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,697

Post#7 » by Negrodamus » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:55 pm

I guess it depends on what the expectation is from Ben in the next 5 years. The whole point of this game is to win a championship and it is undoubtedly easier to win at least one with Harden playing next to Embiid. That is one of the best guard/center duos since Kobe and Shaq.

I'm leaning towards doing it, but it would depend greatly on the terms of the deal.
davesilver
Junior
And1: 204

Post#8 » by davesilver » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:16 pm

If we give up Ben, I would not feel obliged to give up more than one 1rp. I'd also want Houston to take on Tobias/Al + Jrich in exchange for maybe Gordon/Tucker and Cov. I just do not see Brooklyn or Miami going near what Ben would bring Houston.

I actually think Ben + Tobias/Al makes the most sense for Houston, as they cannot bottom out due to OKC owning their picks. They'd be playoff bound with something like Ben/Gordon/Tobias/Tucker/Al.

The opportunity to capitalize on 3-4 more years of Embiid dominating is too much to pass up. Harden + Embiid, in my opinion, has all time duo potential.
UptownPhilly
Analyst
And1: 183

Post#9 » by UptownPhilly » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:17 pm

If it absolutely comes down to it, yes. Ben is young, but his unwillingness/inability to shoot is bizarre and does not allow me to have reservations in trading him. Harden is the best scenario that we can hope for. He checks every box in terms of what we currently need and is likely a top 5 player for at least another 3-4 years.

Embiid probably won’t hold up long term, and it’ll be hard to move Tobias/Al, so just go for it now if Harden is truly an option...and Ben is the price.
VDT
Analyst
And1: 2,106

Post#10 » by VDT » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Part of the issue is that there are already doubts about the Simmons-Embiid fit. Harden is possibly the only chance left to acquire a superstar that fits with Embiid. If the Sixers dont elect to take that path it is hard to see (unless they are unexpectedly good this year) how they can avoid trading Simmons or Embiid next season and with likely worse options available.
Tony Franciosa
Sixth Man
And1: 933

Post#11 » by Tony Franciosa » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 pm

Hell yes if it can be done this year, early this year. In another year, I'd say no. Let's go for it now.
Wilfried
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,896

Post#12 » by Wilfried » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:09 pm

I would do it, if it wasn't for Harden being that type of player no other star seems to enjoy playing with. (Howard, Westbrook, Paul, ...)

So it would be for 1 or 2 seasons max and than you have to trade Embiid because he wants out.

We have to give Ben 1 more season (with coaches who he will need to respect more) to see what he really is.
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,769

Post#13 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:44 pm

Even though I hate Harden it would be a no brainer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Phillyboy
Analyst
And1: 19

Post#14 » by Phillyboy » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:52 pm

Of course you see if they'll take other assets than Ben but we know they'll want him and I make the trade. As a fan for decades it's the championship seasons of 67 and 83 (especially 83) that I'll always remember most fondly and would trade some down years down the road for a chance for a title or two now . I say make this trade and go for the rings.

Otherwise I believe we'll be kicking ourselves if we end up in the middle of the pack again.
Be a thinker. Not a stinker- Apollo Creed
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,691

Post#15 » by rzzzzz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:58 pm

This whole Harden/Biid thing is overblown. All they would be able to do is outscore everybody else.
nitocobola
Veteran
And1: 1,242

Post#16 » by nitocobola » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:04 pm

Considering ben age and potential i don't think that it's a no brainer.

That said I would do it because i trust morey to build a competent roster... Embiid+harden still doesn't guarantee you a finals appareance so you need a guy that knows how to build a roster and don't bring more trash into the team.
stormi
General Manager
And1: 7,654

Post#17 » by stormi » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:09 pm

Anything more than 1 for 1 and i'm not doing it due to the lack of assets and cap space that will be left to create a winning roster around Embiid and Harden.

The Raptors barely won with Kawhi, Lowry, FVV, Siakam, Gasol, Green, Ibaka, Powell (+ OG) and they didn't have to go through a Lebron and AD lead team like we most likely will
XtremeDunkz
General Manager
And1: 6,769

Post#18 » by XtremeDunkz » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 pm

stormi wrote:Anything more than 1 for 1 and i'm not doing it due to the lack of assets and cap space that will be left to create a winning roster around Embiid and Harden.

The Raptors barely won with Kawhi, Lowry, FVV, Siakam, Gasol, Green, Ibaka, Powell (+ OG) and we'd most likely have to go against a Lebron/AD led team.
Oh I agree. Some of those GB proposals are nuts. Ben, Thybulle and 4 firsts lol. I'd hang up the phone.

Simmons, Horford, Zhaire and a 1st would be my offer.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
10/27/16
Nemesis21 wrote:It is absolutely hilarious hearing people still say Embiid has superstar potential.The guy is one injury away from being Greg Oden.:lol: Except Oden manged to play over 100 games in the NBA, I don't think Embiid will play more.
Stanford
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 16,791

Post#19 » by Stanford » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:14 pm

rzzzzz wrote:This whole Harden/Biid thing is overblown. All they would be able to do is outscore everybody else.

Is that all?
Dontmakeme
Sophomore
And1: 39

Post#20 » by Dontmakeme » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:20 pm

You gotta crawl before you walk Harden doesn't put this team in the finals. It's clear Ben is the heart of the team you can't trust Embiid moving forward

Return to Philadelphia 76ers