ImageImageImageImage

Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VI: "I like this team"

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VI: "I like this team" 

Post#1 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:13 pm

Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,051

Re: Official Speculation Thread '20-'21 VI: "I like this team" 

Post#2 » by The Real Dalic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:16 pm

My heart is hoping the "I like this team" thing is a PR thing to say. My head is telling me "you know this FO isn't making a move, stupid." My expectations are rock bottom at the moment.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#3 » by RookieStar » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:24 pm

You know.. as much as we rag on Otis, he actually gave us a winning team.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,116

Post#4 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:32 pm

If AG is here post draft that says all you need to know about his value in the league. Same thing was said for Vuc for years and he’s still here luckily playing much better.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Ducklett
Head Coach
And1: 4,986

Post#5 » by Ducklett » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 pm

The Effect
Magic Forum Mock Draft Co-Champ
And1: 2,053

Post#6 » by The Effect » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:52 pm

Fully expect us to not make any trades unless its to trade up for vassell, and trading away our 2nd rounder (cant have 3 rookies on a team! illegal!)

And next year we are gonna march out the same starting 5 but with Okeke instead of Ennis\isaac, and will be a bottom tier offense for the 10th year in a row, still have 0 franchise players, probably finish around .500, and draft 15th again next year. Rinse and repeat
MagicFan4Lyfe
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,904

Post#7 » by MagicFan4Lyfe » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:14 pm

I miss the John Gabriel days. At least the Magic did something. We have the most unimaginative front office.
Orlando Magic are BACK!!!
Skin
RealGM

Post#8 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:22 pm

BAMBAEXPRESS wrote:I miss the John Gabriel days. At least the Magic did something. We have the most unimaginative front office.

From his interview, you can tell what kind of mental state, mental capacity they're in. All they do is LISTEN to trade offers. They don't SEEK OUT trades... because they like our players. GMs apparently calling them all the time for our players, yet we don't get anything done. We don't have future draft picks stored away, we don't have any urgency, they think we are the dumbest fans in the league because we are happy with 1st round playoff exits as our end goal.

Our media is the worst too as they don't ask questions that put any pressure on him. It's like they have to ask easy fluffy questions in order to be in the room.
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#9 » by magicman112 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 10:47 pm

[youtube][/youtube]
RookieStar wrote:You know.. as much as we rag on Otis, he actually gave us a winning team.

Yes he did and he actually made moves some good some bad but he at least took a chance sometimes unlike these two.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,815

Post#10 » by RookieStar » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:14 pm

Also... only one trade ( officially ) so far? After all the hype that this will be chaos?

I thought there would be non-stop new threads on GB or new tweets from woj, shams and etc.. but only cp3 to suns so far.

What a letdown (lol)
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,051

Post#11 » by The Real Dalic » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:16 pm

RookieStar wrote:Also... only one trade ( officially ) so far? After all the hype that this will be chaos?

I thought there would be non-stop new threads on GB or new tweets from woj, shams and etc.. but only cp3 to suns so far.

What a letdown (lol)

Schroeder and Nader to the Lakers for Green and the 28th pick as well.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,264

Post#12 » by pepe1991 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:20 pm

saw on other thread how people drool over OKC .
Most of those picks have heavy protection, also most of them will be bunch of 25th picks in draft.

Same "amazing organisation " OKC traded Harden for rental of Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb to save $4M and keep Ibaka.

Hindsight is 20/20 but OKC had 3 future league's MVPs and menaged to never win a title because they thought they can pull out draft miracle every year. Not to mention burning money on stiff woods like Perkins that got them to position where they couldn't afford Harden, once again, mostly because of their own ignorance and acting they can "develop" superstars ( Presti belived Lamb can be developed in better Harden)
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
SOUL
Forum Mod - Magic
Forum Mod - Magic
And1: 37,522

Post#13 » by SOUL » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:22 pm

RookieStar wrote:Also... only one trade ( officially ) so far? After all the hype that this will be chaos?

What a letdown (lol)

The draft hasn't started and neither has free agency.
pepe1991
RealGM
And1: 16,264

Post#14 » by pepe1991 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:23 pm

I don't like Weltman, i find him being arrogant old fart that thinks he is way smarter than he is by never saying anything that isn't 100% PC. That being said, what a hell you expect front office high member to say " i hate this team" ?
Life is what happens when you're busy making other plans. -John Lennon
Skin
RealGM

Post#15 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:26 pm

pepe1991 wrote:saw on other thread how people drool over OKC .
Most of those picks have heavy protection, also most of them will be bunch of 25th picks in draft.

Same "amazing organisation " OKC traded Harden for rental of Kevin Martin and Jeremy Lamb to save $4M and keep Ibaka.

Hindsight is 20/20 but OKC had 3 future league's MVPs and menaged to never win a title because they thought they can pull out draft miracle every year. Not to mention burning money on stiff woods like Perkins that got them to position where they couldn't afford Harden, once again, mostly because of their own ignorance and acting they can "develop" superstars ( Presti belived Lamb can be developed in better Harden)

"I like this team" - pepe
Skin
RealGM

Post#16 » by Skin » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:38 pm

pepe1991 wrote:I don't like Weltman, i find him being arrogant old fart that thinks he is way smarter than he is by never saying anything that isn't 100% PC. That being said, what a hell you expect front office high member to say " i hate this team" ?

I'm still trying to figure out why he has spent so much time on all the different "If, then" scenarios in preparation for the 15th pick. He said he didn't know how many different combinations there were before pick 15, but they went through all of them. LOL.

Build a your own board. Take the highest guy on your board when 15 is on the clock. I don't get why your guy would change depending on who was already taken.

Just goes to show how once again, they are reactionary in their mindset instead of proactive. They are so resistant to change because there is no pressure for them to perform at a high level.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,396

Post#17 » by Bensational » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:59 pm

Skin wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:I don't like Weltman, i find him being arrogant old fart that thinks he is way smarter than he is by never saying anything that isn't 100% PC. That being said, what a hell you expect front office high member to say " i hate this team" ?

I'm still trying to figure out why he has spent so much time on all the different "If, then" scenarios in preparation for the 15th pick. He said he didn't know how many different combinations there were before pick 15, but they went through all of them. LOL.

Build a your own board. Take the highest guy on your board when 15 is on the clock. I don't get why your guy would change depending on who was already taken.

Just goes to show how once again, they are reactionary in their mindset instead of proactive. They are so resistant to change because there is no pressure for them to perform at a high level.

How are you actually complaining that they're planning out all possible outcomes in advance? They very likely have their own big board, but by plotting each possible outcome they can have a sense of where on their big board they will be selecting from depending on how picks line up.

So if they end up on a modelled path that doesn't give them one of their preferred players, they can look to move up.

Criticise them for a lot, but not for them being overly prepared for this draft. That's just a bit silly.
Nyce_1
RealGM
And1: 5,975

Post#18 » by Nyce_1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:02 am

The Effect wrote:Fully expect us to not make any trades unless its to trade up for vassell, and trading away our 2nd rounder (cant have 3 rookies on a team! illegal!)

And next year we are gonna march out the same starting 5 but with Okeke instead of Ennis\isaac, and will be a bottom tier offense for the 10th year in a row, still have 0 franchise players, probably finish around .500, and draft 15th again next year. Rinse and repeat
Sad but true.
MaKiaVeLi7
Senior
And1: 417

Post#19 » by MaKiaVeLi7 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:31 am

Do you smell something funky???
Smells like...
When we ride on our bball enemieZ!
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#20 » by basketballRob » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:39 am

Kris Dunn seems like a Weham type of player and he's a UFA now.

Read on Twitter
?s=19

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app

Return to Orlando Magic