ImageImageImageImageImage

Woj: Nets acquire Bruce Brown from Pistons

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,248

Re: Woj: Nets acquire Bruce Brown from Pistons 

Post#21 » by Papi_swav » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:06 am

exactly the type of guy we need. He seems like he will be our defensive stopper at guard for now. He kind of reminds me a little of Dinwiddie. Just have to improve that jumpshot
DeRoma
Veteran
And1: 525

Post#22 » by DeRoma » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:14 am

edmunder_prc wrote:Pistons fan here: Bruce Brown is a guy that every team hopes to have. He can backup PG - SG and even defend some SF. Plays at 100%.

As you can see from the highlights, he can even have excellent games. For 2 million its a steal. He has won some games for the Pistons in the past from defense, hustle and heart.

He can't shoot. But he does everything else.

I wish I can say the same with musa but that guy is complete garbage
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#23 » by whitehops » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:16 pm

enjoy bruce brown nets fans.

he comes from a football background and you can tell with the strength and energy he plays with, though that does he mean he is a pretty straight-line "stiff?" athlete. offensively he isn't that skilled as a shooter or scorer but has a decent handle and vision so he'll slot in nicely as a bench playmaker. defensively he can guard 1-3 pretty well and that kind of versatility is nice given you guys will probably want to protect kyrie defensively as much as possible.
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#24 » by Claud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:37 pm

When I read Bruce Bowen I was like wtf..?? My mind went to the Spurs Bruce Bowen :lol:

Anyway, I 100% understand why we made this move.

Bowen seems to be an Avery Bradley type player which is exactly what we need considering our offensive fire power.

I wish Musa the absolute best in Detroit. The kid has a crazy story and the fact he's even in the NBA is insane.

He's legit 6'9 + plays super hard + good scorer + decent handles + only 21.

Makes total sense for a team like the Pistons to take a gamble on him as he's basically a draft pick.

He was behind Dlo, Dinwiddie, Levert in his rookie year and last year behind Kyrie/Din/Levert. No chance to play.

He did get a shot when the injuries piled up but his confidence looked a bit shaky and really did not take advantage of it. Not ready.

He isn't the most athletic player but he's huge and plays like a guard. He MUST improve his shooting in order to stick in the NBA.

Good luck to Musa. Will keep an eye on him.
whitehops
General Manager
And1: 6,510

Post#25 » by whitehops » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:22 pm

Claud wrote:He isn't the most athletic player but he's huge and plays like a guard. He MUST improve his shooting in order to stick in the NBA.

i honestly knew very little about him before today but after watching some highlights and seeing his g league and euroleague stats (primarily his 3P shooting) gives me some hope in his development. still not expecting anything from musa but not mad they took on his theoretical potential.

this also means the pistons could have some nightmare names to pronounce/spell: sviatoslav mykhailiuk, dzana musa, deividas sirvydis, sekou doumbouya... i'm starting to think management just wants to see opposing commentators sweat.

also, it's bruce BROWN, not bowen!
Claud
Sixth Man
And1: 872

Post#26 » by Claud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:20 pm

whitehops wrote:
Claud wrote:He isn't the most athletic player but he's huge and plays like a guard. He MUST improve his shooting in order to stick in the NBA.

i honestly knew very little about him before today but after watching some highlights and seeing his g league and euroleague stats (primarily his 3P shooting) gives me some hope in his development. still not expecting anything from musa but not mad they took on his theoretical potential.

this also means the pistons could have some nightmare names to pronounce/spell: sviatoslav mykhailiuk, dzana musa, deividas sirvydis, sekou doumbouya... i'm starting to think management just wants to see opposing commentators sweat.

also, it's bruce BROWN, not bowen!

Haha I realized that but my mind has been fried, apologies.

Musa's biggest weakness is that hasn't shown he can consistently knock down the 3 ball in the NBA.

The weird thing is that coming into the NBA that was suppoused to be a strength of his game.

If you guys need a creator/scorer type he will fit in perfectly but he needs confidence and time.

Solid gamble.
Karate Diop
General Manager
And1: 9,842

Post#27 » by Karate Diop » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:09 am

Musa is still pretty raw, but it was the right move to trade him. He needs in game reps and on a win-now team he wasn't going to get them...

Return to Brooklyn Nets