ImageImageImageImage

2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Re: 2020 Offseason: Trade Ideas / Trade Talk 

Post#221 » by Airgordon00 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:18 am

https://tradenba.com/trades/k2Q39jRY5

3 way trade to get us into championship contention.

Magic in: James Harden and CJ McCollum

Rockets in: Al-Farouq Aminu, Evan Fournier, Markelle Fultz, 15th pick, 2022 top 3 protected pick and 2024 top 10 protected pick.

Trailblazers in: Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba and 2026 top 5 protected pick.

We trade in our role players for a superstar and a all star who both can score off the dribble and from deep. We create a really talented Offensive big 3. We obviously will have to sign cheap Vets but I’m sure we could get some solid vets who are ring chasers. We could have a dirty starting lineup when Isaac gets healthy. Harden, McCollum, Isaac, Okeke and Vooch.

I’m not sure if McCollum is the best star to bring along with Harden but I was just trying to think of someone who could be available and that could help convince Harden to want to come here and sign a long term deal.

Thoughts? Enough value for the other teams? Any other all star besides McCollum that we could pull in with our assets?
magicman112
Head Coach
And1: 1,888

Post#222 » by magicman112 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:57 am

pepe1991 wrote:
Bensational wrote:
pepe1991 wrote:How adding Fultz, Bamba helped Magic improve team's ceiling ? Oh it didn't. But somehow adding 2020 draftee WHO ONCE AGAIN NOBODY WANTS TO NAME WHO - will somehow save us?

I'm here, still standing, waiting to hear WHO WOULD MAGIC DRAFT AT 2# ESPECIALLY IF EDWARDS IS GONE. WHO????

This crazy overhype of second overall pick WITHOUT GIVING UP NAME WHO TO DRAFT is crazy. This is esencially same issue with every draft. Having 5th overall draft pick sounds WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than drafting Hezonja.

Plenty of names have been suggested, but you just have different expectations of the impact of that one player. This draft doesn't have an obvious Luka, so there's no point looking for them. Talent like Haliburton and Hayes seem safe to be able to give you positive impact on the floor immediately. Even if they're not a part of the long term final team, just having a good player on a rookie scale contract is a better asset than what we have right now.

I think you're still being prematurely down on Fultz and Bamba. I may not be as high on their potential anymore but I'm still prepared to give them at least another season to show what improvements they can make. Though neither are off the table for me in trades as long as it's a decent return.

Good player is a reach for vast majority of this prospects.
And having 2# pick in 2021 means you will be paying him legit money from day one ( i already said their rookie base salary is over $7M , by the time they are in 4th year, 2# pick will make over $11M a year).
Hayes is only viewed as "good" because nobody actually watched him play. Below average athlete who is also very average basketball player.
Haliburton has fundamentally broken jumpshot like Lonzo. He is complete no treat to shoot hooks, running hooks, stop and pop or any shots off dribble. Guy shot 28% off dribble. His game is catch&shoot 3s and transition. Spoiler alert: almost nba player can do that. He is also super skinny, underdeveloped body, and already turning 21 in 3 months.
He also never really attacks rim. Guy shot 2,0 FTA a game while averaging 37 min a game. Main reason for it is because he avoids any contact, and main reason why he avoids contact is his body . Standing at 6'5 and being 175 pounds is laughable.
Much like any guard, if he can't shoot, he is not starting level guard in nba.

And list goes on and on... Edwards who will go 1# is way closer to Wiggins as player than Oladipo/Wade he is being compared to.
Wiseman has no advanced skills whatsoever and his hype comes from youtube videos with him dribbling against 6'5 highschool "centers" ( wink wink Dante Exum :roll: ). Guy faced 1 palyer taller than 6'9 at college in few games he played, and coudn't score on him. That's reality of his "skills".

Main reason why 1# and 2# pick are up to grabs is because it's obvious Luka type player doesn't exist, but it's also kind a obivous that Oladipo level of player also isn't there.

Dante Exum I was trying to remember his name the other day. People were hyping him up and so many here wanted him but I was like he's playing against inferior competition in Australia.
JRoy
RealGM
And1: 10,355

Post#223 » by JRoy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 am

Airgordon00 wrote:https://tradenba.com/trades/k2Q39jRY5

3 way trade to get us into championship contention.

Magic in: James Harden and CJ McCollum

Rockets in: Al-Farouq Aminu, Evan Fournier, Markelle Fultz, 15th pick, 2022 top 3 protected pick and 2024 top 10 protected pick.

Trailblazers in: Aaron Gordon, Mo Bamba and 2026 top 5 protected pick.

We trade in our role players for a superstar and a all star who both can score off the dribble and from deep. We create a really talented Offensive big 3. We obviously will have to sign cheap Vets but I’m sure we could get some solid vets who are ring chasers. We could have a dirty starting lineup when Isaac gets healthy. Harden, McCollum, Isaac, Okeke and Vooch.

I’m not sure if McCollum is the best star to bring along with Harden but I was just trying to think of someone who could be available and that could help convince Harden to want to come here and sign a long term deal.

Thoughts? Enough value for the other teams? Any other all star besides McCollum that we could pull in with our assets?

Hard no from POR.

The ship has sailed on AG now that we have a better fit in RC.
Edrees wrote:
JRoy wrote:Monta Ellis have it all

I was hoping and expecting this to be one of the first replies. You did not disappoint. Jroy have it all.
Airgordon00
Junior
And1: 173

Post#224 » by Airgordon00 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:23 pm

Yep that’s out the window now. I didn’t see that trade happen when I posted that. Good deal for you guys though.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,100

Post#225 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:49 pm

So the 2 teams who could’ve used AG have made moves elsewhere. AG doesn’t have the value this FO thinks he does.
A scoring guard.. never heard of one. :roll:
Dub_Sax
Rookie
And1: 111

Post#226 » by Dub_Sax » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:56 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:So the 2 teams who could’ve used AG have made moves elsewhere. AG doesn’t have the value this FO thinks he does.
Hmmm so at this point do you lower his value to facilitate a trade or keep him on the roster with the thought "we tried to trade him"?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#227 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:58 pm

Dub_Sax wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:So the 2 teams who could’ve used AG have made moves elsewhere. AG doesn’t have the value this FO thinks he does.
Hmmm so at this point do you lower his value to facilitate a trade or keep him on the roster with the thought "we tried to trade him"?

They’re running it back 100% next year then will sell the next season on Isaac coming back and run it back again.
Magicfanatic82
Junior
And1: 200

Post#228 » by Magicfanatic82 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:27 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
Dub_Sax wrote:

They’re running it back 100% next year then will sell the next season on Isaac coming back and run it back again.

Maybe we will see the Covington value
Min sends Johnson #17 and a future protected 1st.
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,632

Post#229 » by Skin » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:08 pm

In order to maintain positivity today, I think we should explore imaginary trade talks. Strike while the iron is hot!

LA, PHX, POR, MIL have all made moves to strengthen their playoff run next year. Other teams like BOS, PHI, DEN, DAL, LAC must be feeling the pressure to keep up with the pace. What trades can be done?

1) PHX - They still have their 10th pick. With Paul, their mindset switches to win now. The available players at 10 are not particularly attractive for their needs. Anyone they draft would fill a bench spot while Gordon could step in and start right away.

Paul / Booker / Bridges / Gordon / Ayton

Make a move WeHam!

2) PHI - Their problem is being strapped by big contracts. If they want to take another step, they need a veteran who can help right away more than draft pick help. Send them Fournier and Aminu for Horford and #21. Fournier as a 4th option behind Simmons, Tobias and Embiid is a much more effective use of him than how he's used in ORL as a #2 option.

Picking up Horford allows the Magic to pursue Vuc trades and #21 can be used to add another young player.

3) BOS - They have 3 1st rounders. There are some late round guys I like - McDaniels / Scrubb. How affordable would it be to snag #26?

WHAT'S YOUR BRAINSTORM IDEAS FOR THE DAY?
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#230 » by MagicFan101 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:02 pm

If we REALLY want to move AG then Minny is still a good option for him.

I just don’t see any way it’s for the #1 pick. That was a dream that was never going to happen.

#17 + a player is likely available if we want it. Can we snag Culver?
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#231 » by jonbob17 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:31 pm

AG was allegedly Portland's number one option, but the Magic turned them down.
https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

Maybe there is already a deal in place for a pick or a swap.
MartinsIzAfraud
Lead Assistant

Post#232 » by MartinsIzAfraud » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 pm

jonbob17 wrote:AG was allegedly Portland's number one option, but the Magic turned them down.
https://www.blazersedge.com/2020/11/17/21572013/aaron-gordon-trade-rumors-robert-covington-portland-trail-blazers-nba-2020

Wouldn’t hold out any hope. This FO is overvaluing AG like they do with a lot of the players we have.
Bensational
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 12,366

Post#233 » by Bensational » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:57 pm

If big pieces like Harden start moving around then I want us to hold our assets until the trade packages for those get sorted in case we can swindle a better piece from that package.

Ie, let's imagine BKN are trying to get Harden with Dinwiddie + LeVert + Allen + Prince. For a rebuilding Houston, they won't want the expiring of Dinwiddie. But maybe we do? Gordon for Dinwiddie? Fournier for Dinwiddie? Can we get him without giving up Fultz or Bamba? If the Rockets can't move Westbrook without having to pay for it, they'd be better off fielding Allen/Gordon/Prince/LeVert/Westbrook and trying to stay somewhat competitive. The West is so strong that if they're not top tier they'll quickly become high lottery odds, so it's a safe play either way.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#234 » by MagicHolland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:12 pm

To be honest, with every trade going down I get more discouraged by our team.. We’re just nowhere near competing and we just don’t have that one bright spot. I love JI, but his track record with injuries is just too big. I love Fultz, but without a reliable outside shot he will never be much more than a glorified Elfrid Payton..

Either go all in for some fun by adding someone like Westbrook or Hayward. Enjoy some playoff trips with maybe a surprise in the first round (unlikely) for a couple of years.. Or accept that we’re not close to competing and go all in on finding young talent that at least could be a diamond in the rough.

I’d go for the latter. Hope that JI, fultz, bamba, chuma or one of the draft picks or trade prospects turns out to be a star in the making. Get rid of our contracts and start over.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,026

Post#235 » by The Real Dalic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:14 pm

MagicHolland wrote:To be honest, with every trade going down I get more discouraged by our team.. We’re just nowhere near competing and we just don’t have that one bright spot. I love JI, but his track record with injuries is just too big. I love Fultz, but without a reliable outside shot he will never be much more than a glorified Elfrid Payton..

Either go all in for some fun by adding someone like Westbrook or Hayward. Enjoy some playoff trips with maybe a surprise in the first round (unlikely) for a couple of years.. Or accept that we’re not close to competing and go all in on finding young talent that at least could be a diamond in the rough.

I’d go for the latter. Hope that JI, fultz, bamba, chuma or one of the draft picks or trade prospects turns out to be a star in the making. Get rid of our contracts and start over.

This dose of reality bummed me out pretty bad. Lol
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
MagicHolland
General Manager
And1: 301

Post#236 » by MagicHolland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm

The Real Dalic wrote:
MagicHolland wrote:To be honest, with every trade going down I get more discouraged by our team.. We’re just nowhere near competing and we just don’t have that one bright spot. I love JI, but his track record with injuries is just too big. I love Fultz, but without a reliable outside shot he will never be much more than a glorified Elfrid Payton..

This dose of reality bummed me out pretty bad. Lol

I’m sorry man.. I love this team to death and I will keep watching every single game. But I will admit that I just need a change..
FFBlitzace
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,777

Post#237 » by FFBlitzace » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:49 pm

We're a miserable team, but I'm glad we haven't gotten in as buyers on these kinds of big trades so far. I really haven't liked them for the teams moving in. They've ranged from heinous (Suns trading for Chris Paul) to "ok, sure I guess" (Bucks).

The best Vuc trade remains the classic dump for an expiring corpse and whatever draft pick a team is dumb enough to give us. Our players aren't good enough to trade for other players. They're only good enough to trade for things that don't currently impact a team's on-court play right this second.
11/18/2017 - I have officially disowned Nikola Vucevic and branded him a loser.

- Skal Labissiere was my guy in 2016 pre-trade. Whoops, but I still believe.
- Malik Monk was my guy in 2017. Whoops(?)
- Mo Bamba was my guy in 2018. TBD.
Bakomagic
Bench Warmer
And1: 893

Post#238 » by Bakomagic » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:03 pm

Supposedly Boston is making a late push to acquire Harden and need to trade Kemba and or Hayward for draft picks.

Should we reunite Kemba and Clifford or is Kemba showing signs of declining ?

Any interest in Hayward and what would it take to acquire either?
Magic#1
General Manager
And1: 1,102

Post#239 » by Magic#1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:14 pm

MartinsIzAfraud wrote:
jonbob17 wrote:AG was allegedly Portland's number one option, but the Magic turned them down.

Wouldn’t hold out any hope. This FO is overvaluing AG like they do with a lot of the players we have.

Honestly, if the offer was Ariza, 16 and another heavily protected first I'd probably pass on that too. If it was an unprotected first in '21, I might pull the trigger. But if it was a pick that likely becomes a second rounder, I'd pass.
jonbob17
Analyst
And1: 1,317

Post#240 » by jonbob17 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:37 pm

Magic#1 wrote:
MartinsIzAfraud wrote:

Honestly, if the offer was Ariza, 16 and another heavily protected first I'd probably pass on that too. If it was an unprotected first in '21, I might pull the trigger. But if it was a pick that likely becomes a second rounder, I'd pass.

It is lottery protected. Do you think Portland is going to miss the playoffs? They will be adding Nurkic and Covington to last year's team.

Return to Orlando Magic