ImageImage

Eric Bledsoe & George Hill Appreciation Thread

Moderators: paulpressey25, MickeyDavis

chonestown
General Manager
And1: 11,562

Eric Bledsoe & George Hill Appreciation Thread 

Post#1 » by chonestown » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:02 am

In the empty spot inside my ribcage where a heart would normally occupy space, I've had a soft spot for Bled. We all know about his playoff travails, but it was heartening to see him leave a bag of poo in Phoenix and find joy and acceptance in our damned frozen hellscape. I hope he continues that upward swing in Nola.

As for George Hill, he was responsible for the most significant off-court action since Magic had his career effectively ended by AIDS when that was seen a stone-cold death sentence. Endless respect. I'll cheer for them save for the nights they lace'em up against the Buckos.

Anyway, I am juiced for Jrue tha Damaja. Primo, drop the beat, and let's run this.
“I went to Toronto, I went to Atlanta/I used to drink Pepsi, but now I like Fanta.”

-Hannibal Burress's impression of Canadian music figure Drake

MickeyDavis: "OT Pants is gone forever. Cherish the Memory." (3/28/23)
Baddy Chuck
RealGM
And1: 22,615

Re: Eric Bledsoe & George Hill Appreciation Thread 

Post#2 » by Baddy Chuck » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:05 am

Bledsoe couldn't get it done in the playoffs which will be his ultimate legacy here but I think it's pretty unfair to put all of his downfalls there surely on his shoulders. I enjoyed him here. I felt he embraced Milwaukee and overall played a significant role in building this team to the echelon we are at now. Unfortunate that he will only be remembered for his negatives but it is what it is.

Hill was fine. Nothing but respect.
John Henson wrote:This lady just asked me who I play for and I said the Milwaukee Bucks, she quickly replied “oh the highschool across the street?”
Coach Carter
General Manager
And1: 6,261

Post#3 » by Coach Carter » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 am

Thank you hill. Killed it in that boston series.

That is all
In reference to our title winning year
Coach Carter wrote:This year is a wash and most of us know it.
James1980
Veteran
And1: 366

Post#4 » by James1980 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:08 am

Bledsoe was fun to watch in the regular season, the Bled Show. Hill was a calming presence and a great 6th man.
NotYoAvgNBAFan wrote:I overlook foolishness.
Prez
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 41,739

Post#5 » by Prez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:09 am

Bledsoe was an awesome regular season player and seemed to be a great teammate and locker room guy. Sucks he had such serious warts in his game and anxiety issues in the playoffs

If nothing else, I appreciate Bled for destroying Harden on national TV in that one Rockets/Bucks game and really helping Giannis get that extra push for MVP
paulpressey25
Senior Mod - Bucks
Senior Mod - Bucks
And1: 25,845

Post#6 » by paulpressey25 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 am

Bledsoe was our most consequential PG since Sam Cassell.

And for all the bitching about his shooting, his TS in three years here: .585%, .577% and .571%. This was no Brandon Jennings chucker.

And the guy put that NFL linebacker body on the line each night, blowing up the opposing PG at the point of attack and fighting through screens.

I think there will be aspects this team misses next season. Not the playoff choke, but regular season Bledsoe was really, really good.
In depth discussions here - shorter stuff on Twitter

https://twitter.com/paulpressey25
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,441

Post#7 » by blazza18 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:14 am

Bledsoe came in and immediately changed our point of attack at PG. Best one we've had since I've been a fan. Sucks he couldn't figure **** out in the playoffs.

Hill was a leader on and off the court. Our 2nd best player in the thumping of Boston.

Will miss both dudes.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
mke_design
Analyst
And1: 2,061

Post#8 » by mke_design » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:57 am

thanks. thats it. thats the reply.
DavidDunn21 wrote:So please allow me to continue to be the scapegoat for our very rational fears, but just remember that I understand and forgive all of you.
HKPackFan
RealGM
And1: 10,130

Post#9 » by HKPackFan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:23 am

Bledsoe was such a fun upgrade to the PG position. Man the playoff thing was sad, and the occasional brain farts during clutch time in regular season. He also had some great plays end of game too.

I loved his dunk competition with Kris, I loved his flex after a drive, finish, And 1. His speed down the court was impressive, almost too fast sometimes and yet built like a brick wall. Man, he was tough and strong. Loved his defense! His D on Harden was EPIC!

He was a great Buck and I really enjoyed having him on the team. He embraced being a buck and I think he loved playing for this team. As the stakes got higher the playoffs became much more important than the regular season, and unfortunately he just couldn't get it done. I really rooted for him, loved his defense, energy, talent, and heart. Yet by this post season, I was done with him, and honestly did NOT want to see him in a bucks uniform anymore.

Good luck Aqua Dagger!
#FreeChuckDiesel
drone3
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,497

Post#10 » by drone3 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:32 am

Really enjoyed watching Bledsoe and Hill. They were good guys, respect.
Bucksfan28
General Manager
And1: 4,918

Post#11 » by Bucksfan28 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Its tough seeing these two go. Always liked Bled especially and he seemed happy here.
MoreTrife wrote:Love seeing two buffoons have a buffoon competition.
Jez2983
RealGM
And1: 7,879

Post#12 » by Jez2983 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:35 pm

Great to read these sentiments, it's exactly how I feel. So much love for both these guys, Bledsoe actually being a 2-way player and Hill throwing fire of the bench.

Best of luck for their next chapter.
trwi7 wrote:Will be practicing my best Australian accent for tomorrow.

"Hey ya wankers. I graduated from Aranmore back in 2010 and lost me yearbook. Is there any way you didgeridoos can send anotha yearbook me way?"
GoldenAntlers
General Manager
And1: 4,288

Post#13 » by GoldenAntlers » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:49 pm

And Donte too, now. All three of those guys, even Wes Matthews, I've enjoyed in Bucks uniforms. I feel sad the Bucks are finally going to get a ring and Ersan won't be here. DJ Wilson... Thanks for the jokes, I guess.
"Silence is a source of great strength." - Lao Tzu
ackypoo
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,348

Post#14 » by ackypoo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:53 pm

GoldenAntlers wrote:And Donte too, now. All three of those guys, even Wes Matthews, I've enjoyed in Bucks uniforms. I feel sad the Bucks are finally going to get a ring and Ersan won't be here. DJ Wilson... Thanks for the jokes, I guess.

Won't Ersan get bought out? He's not owed the full amount of his contract unless they start the season with him. At least I think.
jakecronus8
RealGM
And1: 7,244

Post#15 » by jakecronus8 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:03 pm

Thanks
Do it for Chuck
PG Graveyard
Head Coach
And1: 4,461

Post#16 » by PG Graveyard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:17 pm

Really liked these two guys and badly wanted Bledsoe to step up in the playoffs. It's really unfortunate since I really felt like Bledsoe was good enough if he just played average in the playoffs.

Next on the list for my username is Jrue Holiday. Pretty soon we will have all of the PG's from the 2009 draft class.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,657

Post#17 » by WeekapaugGroove » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:21 pm

The suns and bucks are my two favorite teams. I'll just say I've had to root for Eric Bledsoe for way way too long.

Wish Hill well he seems like a good dude.

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
Perishable517
Analyst
And1: 1,934

Post#18 » by Perishable517 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:29 pm

I was an Aqua Dagger fan. He will be missed. I haven't watched much of Jrue so I'm not sure how much things change. I hope we see less bone head plays.

I'll miss Hill. Loved his leadership, his social beliefs. May that continue on. I will be following both.

Sent from my HTC U11 using RealGM mobile app
" If you take away the alc l r g on Malcolm Brogdon is Mom Bod :("
- emunney

"I’d place the phone directly between my cheeks while I let one rip right in John Hammond’s ear."
- BroncoBuck
glenn
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,151

Post#19 » by glenn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:42 pm

I really enjoyed Bled, even if it became hard to ignore the playoff reality. He had games where he would shoot to the basket like a cannonball to finish off teams. And yeah, I’ll always remember him punking Harden during a nationally televised game.

Hill was great and just what we needed at times. Too bad he wasn’t a couple of years younger.
:reporter:
M-C-G
RealGM
And1: 9,357

Post#20 » by M-C-G » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:58 pm

Loved having both those guys. Bledsoe wasn't ever quite utilized the right way, but a fun player to have around.

Hill was a god send trade and really stabilized our roster. What's funny is he also stabilized Bledsoe on his bad nights. Good luck gents!

Return to Milwaukee Bucks