Image ImageImage Image

Valentine signs QO; Dunn to ATL for 2/$10

Moderators: HomoSapien, Payt10, RedBulls23, coldfish, AshyLarrysDiaper, fleet, kulaz3000, Michael Jackson, Ice Man, dougthonus, Tommy Udo 6 , DASMACKDOWN, GimmeDat

Chi town
RealGM
And1: 6,948

Re: QO to Valentine but not Dunn. Page 3: Not to Shaq Harrison either 

Post#81 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:08 am

jkudia wrote:Maybe I’m reading too deep into it, but he seems to be suggesting a bulls-celts trade. He’s a Boston beat writer. Another Boston beat writer (verified) did an eye emoji too.

Boston has 14, bulls want Lewis. WCJ for 14? Bigger package for heyward?

Use be all over WCJ for Kira.
thedarkstark
Analyst
And1: 1,224

Post#82 » by thedarkstark » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:05 am

Good, this boards infatuation with Shaq Harrison was mind-numbing. No more 1-way players, you have to at minimum be semi-competent on both sides of the ball.
samwana
General Manager
And1: 2,440

Post#83 » by samwana » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:21 am

jkudia wrote:Maybe I’m reading too deep into it, but he seems to be suggesting a bulls-celts trade. He’s a Boston beat writer. Another Boston beat writer (verified) did an eye emoji too.

Lewis won't be there at #14. You take him at #4 and see who's still there at #14 and decide what way to go.

I can live with Haliburton but don't want Hayes..

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app
RedBulls23
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 21,232

Post#84 » by RedBulls23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:55 am

Wonder if they were thinking about going after Rubio. Veteran guard.
My Tweets:@Salim_BGhoops
ZOMG
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,267

Post#85 » by ZOMG » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:56 am

RedBulls23 wrote:Wonder if they were thinking about going after Rubio. Veteran guard.

Ricky probably won’t stay in OKC, so maybe.
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Re: QO to Valentine but not Dunn 

Post#86 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:38 am

Michael Jackson wrote:I get not offering to Dunn but to Valentine? I think Dunn is more useful than Denzel honestly, but if you keep Shaq he brings what Dunn does in defense.

Valentine, must think they need him because he is disappointing to me on all levels.

its not really a business move if you ask me. i think dunn just speaks his mind and its not to the delight of the managment. i see no reason why you wouldnt want him on this roster long term. its foolish as heck. sato isnt on dunn level on offense nor defense or passing. its just a bad move. id have traded sato in a heartbeat if im running the organization.all this 3pt shot crap when the shooters are weak minded players. shaq harrison i like but hes no kris dunn at all period. only half way on defense. hes faster then dunn but his basket ball I.Q. isnt on par at all. ive never seen a player so under appreiated more than dunn. i still am a big fan of his and support him long as hes not on the lakers. i hope he goes to the warriors and he scores 40 points on us making 7 threes.

as for valentine he does bring something we need. a true spot up and catch and shoot 3pt shooter. a real one. his play making i also like but where does he find the minuites if porter is here and we happen to draft deni or another sf and also hutchison is here. its makes less since to me. we must really be banking on a injury.i see no role for valentine what so ever unless either otto is hurt or they changed there mind about developing hutchison. with that said lets sign shaq harrison before someone steals him away from us.ive never been so anixious to see who we draft or what we do on draft night like this ever in my life before. ak gives me the creeps.i hope lavine isnt traded. letting dunn walk has set me off with him so far
donaldtrump_00
Analyst
And1: 567

Post#87 » by donaldtrump_00 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:59 am

samwana wrote:

Lewis won't be there at #14. You take him at #4 and see who's still there at #14 and decide what way to go.

I can live with Haliburton but don't want Hayes..

Sent from my POT-LX1 using RealGM mobile app

now with valentine back i now got a big feeling ak really does want a freaking point guard. i mean anything is possible with him. i just hope he doesnt trade lavine for a chance at ball. he seems to be very predictable even in his silence. why else bring valentine back if hes drafting deni? deni isnt our pick at all. hes aiming for someone.

i also said that myself that boston looks like out trading partners. they want onyeka okongwu. where drafting for boston i bet. where looking at exactly kira lewis jr. wendell isnt on the move to boston. just seems like thats the plan. who knows. i just want this draft to be done with because i feel something is about to explode
TeamMan
Lead Assistant
And1: 554

Post#88 » by TeamMan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:40 am

Jvaughn wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=19

Okay now I'm confused. I figured Shaq would just be the Dunn replacement.

Always thought that Adam Mokoka would be the Dunn replacement (and also the Shaq replacement).

IMO his defense against Luka in the Bulls win over the Mavs has guaranteed him a career in the NBA.

He looks very, very strong physically so other players can't push him around. He also has a nice vertical and can do a two handed dunk standing under the basket.

He has a very tight 3P shot with a quick release and is a good spot-up shooter.

In conclusion, he has a lot of up-side at a low cost.

PhilLeotardo
Junior
And1: 220

Post#89 » by PhilLeotardo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:26 am

Kris Dunn was terrible & always had a lame attitude, and he was never the same after that brutal concussion versus Oakland

Defense-only backcourt players can be had for cheap nowadays, a dime a dozen
Axolotl
Starter
And1: 2,201

Post#90 » by Axolotl » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:46 am

I kinda like Val, he's crafty, pretty good ballhandler, can shoot, can pass - but I'm not sure if I like the $.

Dunn & Shaq, well, if you can't shoot, you need to be truly exceptional in other areas.
From the basketball's perspective, travel is a nice pause from being pounded to the floor.
Chi town
RealGM

Post#91 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 pm

donaldtrump_00 wrote:
Michael Jackson wrote:I get not offering to Dunn but to Valentine? I think Dunn is more useful than Denzel honestly, but if you keep Shaq he brings what Dunn does in defense.

Valentine, must think they need him because he is disappointing to me on all levels.

its not really a business move if you ask me. i think dunn just speaks his mind and its not to the delight of the managment. i see no reason why you wouldnt want him on this roster long term. its foolish as heck. sato isnt on dunn level on offense nor defense or passing. its just a bad move. id have traded sato in a heartbeat if im running the organization.all this 3pt shot crap when the shooters are weak minded players. shaq harrison i like but hes no kris dunn at all period. only half way on defense. hes faster then dunn but his basket ball I.Q. isnt on par at all. ive never seen a player so under appreiated more than dunn. i still am a big fan of his and support him long as hes not on the lakers. i hope he goes to the warriors and he scores 40 points on us making 7 threes.

as for valentine he does bring something we need. a true spot up and catch and shoot 3pt shooter. a real one. his play making i also like but where does he find the minuites if porter is here and we happen to draft deni or another sf and also hutchison is here. its makes less since to me. we must really be banking on a injury.i see no role for valentine what so ever unless either otto is hurt or they changed there mind about developing hutchison. with that said lets sign shaq harrison before someone steals him away from us.ive never been so anixious to see who we draft or what we do on draft night like this ever in my life before. ak gives me the creeps.i hope lavine isnt traded. letting dunn walk has set me off with him so far

No one wants Sato.
Ctownbulls
RealGM
And1: 3,713

Post#92 » by Ctownbulls » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:25 pm

TheFinishSniper wrote:
Ctownbulls wrote:valuing passing, shooting and IQ -- not saying I love Valentine but I like the direction

also means no defense, no athleticism, no finishing at rim etc.

For this one particular player. It obviously doesn't mean they are valuing unathletic players. If every move they made resulted in a player who is a good shooter, good passer, high IQ, great defense, athletic and strong at the rim then we would have the best team in NBA history.
Jvaughn
RealGM
And1: 4,126

Post#93 » by Jvaughn » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:34 pm

PhilLeotardo wrote:Kris Dunn was terrible & always had a lame attitude, and he was never the same after that brutal concussion versus Oakland

Defense-only backcourt players can be had for cheap nowadays, a dime a dozen

No one is going to argue his offensive impact, but where are you getting attitude issues. He was one of the only players on this team that played with any heart. And he was thrown into an Impossible role guarding 6'7 wings all year because of our lack of SFs on this roster.
spearsy23 wrote:Kobe is a low percentage chucker just like Jennings, he's just better at it.

teamCHItown wrote:Now we have threads on what violent felons think of our Bulls. Great. Next up, OJ Simpson's take on a possible Taj Gibson extension.
sco
RealGM
And1: 7,615

Post#94 » by sco » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:36 pm

If we are really in the market for a vet PG, I wonder what that means in terms of keeping either/both Sato/Arci?

I would think they could be packaged with #44 to move up into the 20's.
:clap:
Chi town
RealGM

Post#95 » by Chi town » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:45 pm

sco wrote:If we are really in the market for a vet PG, I wonder what that means in terms of keeping either/both Sato/Arci?

I would think they could be packaged with #44 to move up into the 20's.

They both have negative value IMO. AK doesn’t want to take on any long term money either.
ATRAIN53
Head Coach
And1: 2,560

Post#96 » by ATRAIN53 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Not shocked Dunn is Done here. Too injury prone.

Guy has just not been the same since he faceplanted in the floor with that dunk in the GSW game.

I hope a contender picks him up so I can watch him in the playoffs do so damage. Kid may be a better bench/journeyman, He;'s just too small to play with the intensity he does vs bigger guys. Maybe he should have stuck with football. I'll miss him, I like the guys effort, it's top notch D when he's on the floor. Maybe Thibs wil grab him for NY.

I totally forgot about Mokoka!
I'd lie to see more of him, that kid is hungry. I want hungry guys who need to earn paychecks fighting for minutes and a coach who will give them minutes when they see them earn it.

All I care about after the next few crazy weeks is that we stil have Zach and Coby ready to go. You can turn over the rest of this roster but those 2 guys know how to score. If we can get some great team defense with those 2 offensive weapons we'll be trending in the direction the NBA is going.
MGB8
RealGM
And1: 3,083

Post#97 » by MGB8 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:05 pm

Axolotl wrote:I kinda like Val, he's crafty, pretty good ballhandler, can shoot, can pass - but I'm not sure if I like the $.

Dunn & Shaq, well, if you can't shoot, you need to be truly exceptional in other areas.

Valentine fits AK's vision for the team, at least on offense. He has a high basketball IQ, shares the ball and has good vision (recall his 7.8 assist per game in his last NCAA year, to 2.7 TOs), shoots the ball well and can be crafty inside too. He also rebounds reasonably well for his size.

What's missing is explosiveness and athleticism -- in particular foot-movement on the defensive end, but also in terms of lack of first step or above-the-rim play. Even still, if he stays healthy, I can see Valentine being a net positive rotation wing/guard.
SalmonsSuperfan
Starter
And1: 2,124

Post#98 » by SalmonsSuperfan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:33 pm

Valentine is a nice player when he’s actually healthy. One more year on a low salary can’t hurt. Too bad about Dunn tho but he had plenty of chances
Andi Obst
General Manager
And1: 6,504

Post#99 » by Andi Obst » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:24 pm

It was a wild ride with Dunn. Brought in to be the point guard of the future (lol), lots of injuries and disappointments until he seemed to finally find a role last season. I'm ready to move on and believe it's the best solution for both sides. Wish him nothing but the best for his future.

Shaq was a good energy guy, but also clearly not a long-term piece.

Finally, I'm not a Denzel fan, never been one, but he's a wing who can contribute if healthy. We need those.
...formerly known as Little Nathan.

jc23 wrote:the fate of humanity rides on Chicago winning this game.
Michael Jackson
Forum Mod - Bulls
Forum Mod - Bulls
And1: 10,134

Post#100 » by Michael Jackson » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:46 pm

ATRAIN53 wrote:Not shocked Dunn is Done here. Too injury prone.

Guy has just not been the same since he faceplanted in the floor with that dunk in the GSW game.

I hope a contender picks him up so I can watch him in the playoffs do so damage. Kid may be a better bench/journeyman, He;'s just too small to play with the intensity he does vs bigger guys. Maybe he should have stuck with football. I'll miss him, I like the guys effort, it's top notch D when he's on the floor. Maybe Thibs wil grab him for NY.

I totally forgot about Mokoka!
I'd lie to see more of him, that kid is hungry. I want hungry guys who need to earn paychecks fighting for minutes and a coach who will give them minutes when they see them earn it.

All I care about after the next few crazy weeks is that we stil have Zach and Coby ready to go. You can turn over the rest of this roster but those 2 guys know how to score. If we can get some great team defense with those 2 offensive weapons we'll be trending in the direction the NBA is going.

Mokoka had my favorite game of the year, when he did his best MJ impersonation. Now I don’t think he can ever be a player who looks like that but that night was fun. I’d keep him on for sure.

Is Shaq definitely gone?

Return to Chicago Bulls