ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life

SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,169

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1881 » by SA37 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:41 am

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Jrue Holiday and Bogdan is a huge addition to the Bucks. However, the failures of the Bucks rely on Giannis. If he doesnt evolve his game where he can not be schemed out it doesnt matter who the Bucks trade for.

To say they gave up too much for Jrue, the Heat gave two first rounders for Dragic. Jrue is a better player than Dragic ever was. And Jrue will likely play his best ball this season now that he has motivation to ball out.

Bucks gave 3 first rounders + 2 pick swaps + decent players. Then Jrue is going to demand the max at age 32 and they will have to pay up.

If Giannis walks, It's probably one of the biggest overpays in NBA history.

They were desperate and acted like it.

If Giannis agrees to a S&T, the Bucks could recoup some of those picks. At any rate, the Bucks needed to upgrade their roster to give themselves their best shot at retaining Giannis; everything goes to hell if Giannis leaves. The Bucks GM will win GM of the year for this. He took, at best, pedestrian talent and got Holiday and Bogdanovic who are upgrades over DiVincenzo, Hill, and Bledsoe.

If Milwaukee can re-sign Connaughton and add two veterans, like Jeff Green, one of the Morris twins, Belinelli... they'll have a better team than last year:

Holiday - Bogdanovic
Connaughton - Bogdanovic
Middleton - Connaughton
Giannis - Green
Lopez - Myers Leonard?
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 79,980

Post#1882 » by DayofMourning » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:43 am

twix2500 wrote:[instagram][/instagram]
DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Oladipo trade value should dip more and more. I think VO can be had easily like Dennis Schroder. Not sure what Heat know personally about VO. But I think the time is about right. Nunn and KO for VO and a 2ND rounder

During the bubble, I inquired on the Pacers board about Oladipos value. They had him dubbed as a super max player and one you get significant trade value for. I stated that Nunn and 20 was the best we could realistically offer as our other assets were too good to move for him. Was told 28 other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him and beat that offer. What a difference a month makes.

It was too much noise he wanted out, preferably Miami. Combined with rehabbing and his pending free agency coming up. Then his body language and lack of motivation in the bubble.

I know everyone wants to keep Robinson and Herro. That is why I pushed for VO and Schroder because I think those the players that can be had and not lose Robinson or Herro

Should've trade him to the Bucks for that Jrue trade package lol.
carnageta
Veteran
And1: 6,993

Post#1883 » by carnageta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:53 am

For the people saying Milwaukee still isn’t a championship team, you got to be kidding yourselves.. they are perhaps the most scariest team in the east after the trades.

Not only do they have more capable shooters now, but they got some dead eye snipers (Middleton/Bogdon) who can shoot the 3 at a high clip above 40%, while also acquiring a legit all-star level point guard in Jrue Holiday who will take the pressure off of both Giannis and Khris. They are a scary team and my early candidates as the favourites in the east.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#1884 » by carnageta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:01 pm

IggieCC wrote:Yikes

trading multiple FRPs is getting out of control

If you’re not willing to trade Giannis, you do whatever it takes to try and keep him. Good move by the Bucks.
SA37
RealGM
And1: 7,169

Post#1885 » by SA37 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:08 pm

It would be interesting to know how all these moves affect Miami's plans, if at all. I don't know who will be in the FA class next summer, but with Harden, Westbrook, G Hayward, Gallinari, Dinwiddie, DeMar DeRozan (possibly), Ibaka, and Beal (possibly) available, you'd think Miami would not be looking to just sit tight and wait until next summer to start making moves.
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#1886 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:15 pm

carnageta wrote:For the people saying Milwaukee still isn’t a championship team, you got to be kidding yourselves.. they are perhaps the most scariest team in the east after the trades.

Not only do they have more capable shooters now, but they got some dead eye snipers (Middleton/Bogdon) who can shoot the 3 at a high clip above 40%, while also acquiring a legit all-star level point guard in Jrue Holiday who will take the pressure off of both Giannis and Khris. They are a scary team and my early candidates as the favourites in the east.

They are not even close to the scariest team in the east. If our youngins develop as they should, we'd kick them in the nuts this year as well. Jrue and Bogie help, but as long as Giannis is top dog on a team, nothing changes (unless other contenders are derailed by serious injuries).
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
dean456
Assistant Coach
And1: 7,252

Post#1887 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:19 pm

Wonder if there's some way to arrange a 3 team trade between OKC, Pacers and Miami.

Miami get Oladipo and Gallinari, OKC's #28

Pacers get Nunn, KO, Adams, OKC's #25

OKC get Turner, DJJr, Iggy, Miami's #20

Was thinking of throwing in a DJJr S&T if he is open to going to either of those teams.

This is assuming Gallinari is planning on signing with us regardless but he's just thrown in to facilitate a S&T so its basically
Miami - Oladipo, #28
Indy - Nunn, KO, Adams, #25
OKC - DJJr, Turner, Iggy, #20

Might have to work out the picks better but don't know. I know Pacers and OKC want to move on from Adams and Turner so that swap might make some sense KO and Adams are expiring so they get off that money unless they want to extend those two. OKC get a 3yr younger Turner who fits their timeline a little better and a 1yr Vet in Iggy who can help their wing players develop for a season.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#1888 » by carnageta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:20 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
carnageta wrote:For the people saying Milwaukee still isn’t a championship team, you got to be kidding yourselves.. they are perhaps the most scariest team in the east after the trades.

They are not even close to the scariest team in the east. If our youngins develop as they should, we'd kick them in the nuts this year as well. Jrue and Bogie help, but as long as Giannis is top dog on a team, nothing changes (unless other contenders are derailed by serious injuries).

Come on.

Our young guys can get better but a 25 year old 2-time MVP can’t get better and learn from his personal experiences?

I know we won in 5, but let’s not act like all of the games weren’t close. Each game was decided in the final minutes.

A 60 win team with the league MVP and DPOY just added a perennial all-star to their roster along with one of the best shooters in the game. Yes, they are scary
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1889 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:24 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Oladipo trade value should dip more and more. I think VO can be had easily like Dennis Schroder. Not sure what Heat know personally about VO. But I think the time is about right. Nunn and KO for VO and a 2ND rounder

During the bubble, I inquired on the Pacers board about Oladipos value. They had him dubbed as a super max player and one you get significant trade value for. I stated that Nunn and 20 was the best we could realistically offer as our other assets were too good to move for him. Was told 28 other teams would be chomping at the bit to get him and beat that offer. What a difference a month makes.

The problem with this is that he's a coming off injury, 1yr expiring deal and has been asking teams publicly during games if he can join their team so basically Indy have no leverage its only a matter of time until Oladipo walks and if teams know he's not interested in signing there long term than they will not trade any valuable assets for him.
WHITE_HOT_HEAT
Sixth Man
And1: 2,209

Post#1890 » by WHITE_HOT_HEAT » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:26 pm

carnageta wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

Come on.

Our young guys can get better but a 25 year old 2-time MVP can’t get better and learn from his personal experiences?

I know we won in 5, but let’s not act like all of the games weren’t close. Each game was decided in the final minutes.

A 60 win team with the league MVP and DPOY just added a perennial all-star to their roster along with one of the best shooters in the game. Yes, they are scary

Please don't quote the MVPs for Giannis. They're like the MVPs Rose won or Westbrook won. Nada when it's time to play with the big boys.

About improvement.. Which traditional center in the modern era has become a proficient shooter when he didn't already have a good touch already? Which center in the modern era can run an offense?
"And a Man?... A Man provides... And he does it even when he's not appreciated, or respected, or even loved. He simply bears up and he does it.... Because he's a Man...."
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1891 » by DayofMourning » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:27 pm

carnageta wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

Come on.

Jrue has been to one all star team, early in his career. He's a very GOOD player. Id love to have him on the Heat. Heck, he might be here next year.

Giannis isn't on a linear path to super human production and results. Hes a formidable individual player who has rare length and athleticism. That still resulted in a 2nd round exit (2 years in a row?). Hes got several handicapping features that hurt come playoff time.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,255

Post#1892 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:34 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

You might see Bam sign his extension before training camp. Heat may then move to adding chips for Beal.
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1893 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:38 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

If you don't understand how different each possession looks with Holiday and Bogdanovic out there instead of Bledsoe and Matthews then I don't know what to tell you. Holiday running the pick and roll with Giannis and Lopez instead of Bledsoe and not to mention adding Holiday who's one of the top defensive guards in the league with two Defensive player of the year candidates in Giannis and Lopez. They are going to be better and I'm not sure how much our young guys improving counters that.

If we can somehow add Oladipo and Gallinari while retaining Herro and Robinson then I'd say yeah we can still beat them however.
carnageta
Veteran

Post#1894 » by carnageta » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:40 pm

DayofMourning wrote:
carnageta wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:

Come on.

Jrue has been to one all star team, early in his career. He's a very GOOD player. Id love to have him on the Heat. Heck, he might be here next year.

Giannis isn't on a linear path to super human production and results. Hes a formidable individual player who has rare length and athleticism. That still resulted in a 2nd round exit (2 years in a row?). Hes got several handicapping features that hurt come playoff time.

Giannis doesn’t need to turn superhuman and take another giant step. He just needs to do the minor things better and that usually comes with experience and repetition.

We were a matchup problem for them in the playoffs, mainly because nobody other than Brook Lopez could hit a 3 pointer when we built the wall on Giannis. They just addressed that issue by adding 2 potent three point shooters.

I guess we can agree to disagree, but Holiday, Bogdon, Khris and Giannis is a scary core man. Jrue is light years ahead of Bledsoe..
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1895 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:47 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

You might see Bam sign his extension before training camp. Heat may then move to adding chips for Beal.

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,496

Post#1896 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:49 pm

twix2500 wrote:Jrue Holiday and Bogdan is a huge addition to the Bucks. However, the failures of the Bucks rely on Giannis. If he doesnt evolve his game where he can not be schemed out it doesnt matter who the Bucks trade for.

To say they gave up too much for Jrue, the Heat gave two first rounders for Dragic. Jrue is a better player than Dragic ever was. And Jrue will likely play his best ball this season now that he has motivation to ball out.

Mans can't shoot outside of 5 feet and he's the highest usage player in the league, can't just moonwalk over that in the playoffs
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1897 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:53 pm

twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The interesting thing about this is it says he's looking at two year deals which means we might not be attaining him through a sign and trade because I believe they are required to be at least 3yr deals. So might mean we are possibly signing him for the MLE?
twix2500
RealGM

Post#1898 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:56 pm

dean456 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Read on Twitter
?s=20

The interesting thing about this is it says he's looking at two year deals which means we might not be attaining him through a sign and trade because I believe they are required to be at least 3yr deals. So might mean we are possibly signing him for the MLE?

He is getting more than the MLE. Two year deal makes him a good trading chip.
DayofMourning
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#1899 » by DayofMourning » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:56 pm

Gallo to the Bucks?
dean456
Assistant Coach

Post#1900 » by dean456 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:58 pm

DayofMourning wrote:Gallo to the Bucks?

Please say it aint so? Is this just a guess or you seeing something?

Return to Miami Heat