2020-21 Around The NBA Thread

Moderators: Dadouv47, retrobro90

ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,167

2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#1 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 12:42 pm

All thing NBA non-thunder related go here.

Read on Twitter
?

How many picks does Brooklyn have to include?
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Re: 2020-21 Around The NBA Thread 

Post#2 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 2:30 pm

Read on Twitter
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#3 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:04 pm

Read on Twitter
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,079

Post#4 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:45 pm

Was afraid this would happen so fast. Houston should get a great package for him.

I don’t see a great package with just the nets involved. Everyone they have who isn’t Durant/Irving plus picks still isn’t a great trade.

Not a huge Ben Simmons fan but it really makes the most sense in terms of getting a decent return plus getting Harden to a winner.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#5 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:50 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Was afraid this would happen so fast. Houston should get a great package for him.

I don’t see a great package with just the nets involved. Everyone they have who isn’t Durant/Irving plus picks still isn’t a great trade.

Not a huge Ben Simmons fan but it really makes the most sense in terms of getting a decent return plus getting Harden to a winner.

They've got a decent amount of picks to trade. Who knows at this point? Sounds like the Houston FO values Dinwiddie and Levert too.
https://tradenba.com/teams/Nets/3/draft-picks
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#6 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:01 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:
jake_swivel wrote:Was afraid this would happen so fast. Houston should get a great package for him.

They've got a decent amount of picks to trade. Who knows at this point? Sounds like the Houston FO values Dinwiddie and Levert too.
https://tradenba.com/teams/Nets/3/draft-picks

Looks like just philly’s first this year and a bunch of seconds, right?

All those non-KD/Kyrie dudes were good enough to be a borderline playoff team in the east, which, in the west isn’t real exciting. Especially considering they aren’t going to get much for Westbrook.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#7 » by jake_swivel » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:09 pm

Another site has them having a bunch of firsts that are lottery protected that I didn’t see on the site you’d linked to. I still wouldn’t be psyched even if I got all of those if I were a Houston fan. I think Philly could beat that offer.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#8 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:27 pm

jake_swivel wrote:Another site has them having a bunch of firsts that are lottery protected that I didn’t see on the site you’d linked to. I still wouldn’t be psyched even if I got all of those if I were a Houston fan. I think Philly could beat that offer.

I agree. Simmons is one of the few all star talents they could get right now. Maybe Washington can add John Wall, Rui, Troy Brown and a boat load of picks. That would maybe convince Beal to stay. Not great for Houston though.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#9 » by ThunderBolt » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:22 pm

Read on Twitter

I've heard this from multiple sources and find it to be a load of crap.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:41 am

Bucks and Portland both made good moves but they still need more, in my opinion.
spearsy23
RealGM
And1: 7,459

Post#11 » by spearsy23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:16 pm

Jrue holiday isn't good enough to give up that much.
“If you're getting stops and you're making threes and the other team's not scoring, that's when you're going to see a huge point difference there,” coach Billy Donovan said.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#12 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:29 pm

spearsy23 wrote:Jrue holiday isn't good enough to give up that much.

I agree. However if you look at everything together it’s not as bad. As much as an over pay as it was for jrue, the recouped some value for Bogdanovic. Also there are some pretty strong rumors that Giannis will re-sign now. If that happens, it’s worth it for them. As a fellow small market fan, I don’t love it but I get it.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#13 » by jake_swivel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:39 pm

They are gonna have a tough time filling out their roster. Gotta hope for some ring chasers. I think brook Lopez is gonna benefit from the giannis situation and get more than he’s worth and the bucks are gonna be in salary cap hell for awhile. They’re walkin’ a tightrope, but they had to do it.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:46 pm

jake_swivel wrote:They are gonna have a tough time filling out their roster. Gotta hope for some ring chasers. I think brook Lopez is gonna benefit from the giannis situation and get more than he’s worth and the bucks are gonna be in salary cap hell for awhile. They’re walkin’ a tightrope, but they had to do it.

They still have the MLE but I think they need one more really good piece to be a true contender. They have Giannis and 3 number 3 guys but not a true number two. I like jrue but he can look like a superstar one game and a scrub the next.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:16 pm

I don’t think the trade for the kings was a bad as some do but it seems like a step backwards. I see fox wanting out soon if things don’t improve.
jake_swivel
Bench Warmer

Post#16 » by jake_swivel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t think the trade for the kings was a bad as some do but it seems like a step backwards. I see fox wanting out soon if things don’t improve.

I feel so sorry for anyone that’s a fan of that franchise. Missing out on doncic was one of those blunders that sets them back a decade or more.
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#17 » by ThunderBolt » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Listening to the athletic podcast. In discussing Houston, they mention that fertitta is broke. The worst option for a broke owner is for the team to bottom out. This is the reason that the nets pkg of kind of good players like dinwiddie and levert might be appealing for them. Ultimately I think that trade ends with them bottoming out anyways.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant
And1: 808

Post#18 » by Balkman32 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:03 pm

jake_swivel wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:I don’t think the trade for the kings was a bad as some do but it seems like a step backwards. I see fox wanting out soon if things don’t improve.

I feel so sorry for anyone that’s a fan of that franchise. Missing out on doncic was one of those blunders that sets them back a decade or more.

I mean we had Harden and we traded him for a bunch of FRP's that just didn't hit. I think it might be harder knowing it would have worked here while the Kings probably would have messed with Luka and he wouldn't be as good as he is.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#19 » by Balkman32 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:06 pm

ThunderBolt wrote:Listening to the athletic podcast. In discussing Houston, they mention that fertitta is broke. The worst option for a broke owner is for the team to bottom out. This is the reason that the nets pkg of kind of good players like dinwiddie and levert might be appealing for them. Ultimately I think that trade ends with them bottoming out anyways.

Plus when you don't have control of your own future FRP.
Balkman32
Lead Assistant

Post#20 » by Balkman32 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:08 pm

What would it take for the Thunder to reacquire Westbrook? How does a Houston 2022 Unprotected FRP sound?

Return to Oklahoma City Thunder