Oladipo Trade Ideas

Moderators: pacers33granger, boomershadow, Grang33r, pacerfan, Jake0890

Vorda
Senior
And1: 131

Re: Oladipo Trade Ideas 

Post#221 » by Vorda » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:23 am

Jrue is gonne… to bad… he was ideal trade piece for Dipo… now what?
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#222 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:44 pm

Well, we can always do this

Nets in: James Harden, Jeremy Lamb
Nets out: Caris Levert, Spencer Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Dzanan Musa, Nets 20, 22, 24 FRP, pick swap in 21, 23

Pacers in: Caris Levert, Dzanan Musa
Pacers out: Victor Oladipo, Jeremy Lamb

Rockets in: Victor Oladipo, Spencer Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Nets 20, 22, 24 FRP, pick swap in 21, 23
Rockets out: James Harden

Nets get Harden, Rockets get a haul and a potential All Star in Oladipo, we replace Oladipo with Levert and cut some salary

If that's not enough incentive for the Rockets, we can always send them some compensation, like a future FRP or some of our 2RPs
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#223 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:25 pm

On James Harden, what does everyone think about doing what the Raptors did with Kawhi?

Would a package of something like Oladipo + Domas + Lamb + Aaron + picks bundle for Harden + Tucker beat what the other teams are offering for Harden?

It has what the Rockets are looking for; they get young players who has good potential (Domas, Aaron), a centerpiece (Oladipo), and a bunch of picks

No, I'm not a fan of Harden, on the contrary in fact

But some of us are always talking about how the team plays it too safe, and Raptors showed that sometimes taking a swing pays off

A lineup of

Myles
Tucker
Warren
Harden
Brogdon

Looks quite competitive
Wizop
RealGM
And1: 3,987

Post#224 » by Wizop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:35 pm

Read on Twitter
Please edit long quotes to only show what puts your new message into context.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#225 » by Wizop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:38 pm

Topofthekey wrote:On James Harden

if Hayward's salary can't be absorbed here, how could Harden's?
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,025

Post#226 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Well, we can always do this

Nets out: Caris Levert, Spencer Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Dzanan Musa, Nets 20, 22, 24 FRP, pick swap in 21, 23

Rockets in: Victor Oladipo, Spencer Dinwiddie, Taurean Prince, Nets 20, 22, 24 FRP, pick swap in 21, 23

Nets get Harden, Rockets get a haul and a potential All Star in Oladipo, we replace Oladipo with Levert and cut some salary

If that's not enough incentive for the Rockets, we can always send them some compensation, like a future FRP or some of our 2RPs

Musa was dealt to Detroit yesterday.
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#227 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:47 pm

Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he had some value recovering this past week, his zany antics this last week have certainly crushed that, I would imagine.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#228 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Topofthekey wrote:Well, we can always do this

Levert is injury prone and Musa got traded yesterday.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,911

Post#229 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:24 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Wizop wrote:
Read on Twitter

If he had some value recovering this past week, his zany antics this last week have certainly crushed that, I would imagine.

I've said all along that Victor will play at least 25 games for the Pacers in 21. If his value is that low it makes no sense to trade him.

I'd stay away from all these "Huge Player" trades and not try to get involved. If the Pacer had cap space they might be able to eat some salary and get paid off like the Warren deal.
Pacers_Freak
Veteran
And1: 2,711

Post#230 » by Pacers_Freak » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:39 pm

Vorda wrote:Jrue is gonne… to bad… he was ideal trade piece for Dipo… now what?

Bucks paid an arm and a leg for that trade piece.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#231 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:18 pm

Wizop wrote:

In Hayward's case, I think it's more of because we don't think he's a good fit for us. I'm quite sure we could fit his salary in if we went out of our way in order to do it. But we won't, because as mentioned he isn't a good fit, and his trade value is so low anyway (doesn't justify us going through the trouble)

Harden otoh is on a different tier all together

If we send out Vic + Domas + Lamb, that's about $50m in outgoing salary

The only significant long term salary remaining after that would be Myles ($18m), Brogdon ($20m), and Warren when we re-sign him. And Harden himself of course

Not that I'm advocating for Harden. I don't like him much as a player

But if we're complaining that the Pacers are perennial non-contenders and they never took the risk to push for a championship, then Harden is available right now, and it could potentially be our Kawhi move
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#232 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:36 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:

In Hayward's case, I think it's more of because we don't think he's a good fit for us. I'm quite sure we could fit his salary in if we went out of our way in order to do it. But we won't, because as mentioned he isn't a good fit, and his trade value is so low anyway (doesn't justify us going through the trouble)

The only significant long term salary remaining after that would be Myles ($18m), Brogdon ($20m), and Warren when we re-sign him. And Harden himself of course

But if we're complaining that the Pacers are perennial non-contenders and they never took the risk to push for a championship, then Harden is available right now, and it could potentially be our Kawhi move

Houston would likely want a Vic/Brogdon/AHoliday/Sabonis for Harden/Gordon type swap from us. And we’d have to know that Harden would want out immediately and likely not play for us either.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#233 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Wizop wrote:

Houston would likely want a Vic/Brogdon/AHoliday/Sabonis for Harden/Gordon type swap from us. And we’d have to know that Harden would want out immediately and likely not play for us either.

Rockets can name their price, but we'll only have to beat the best offer, won't we

Our package looks better than what Nets could offer (unless they decide to include Kyrie), so it looks like we only have to beat the 6ers package

Even if it took Vic/Brogdon/Aaron/Domas, we'll still have a good supporting cast in Myles and Warren, and enough depth with Justin, Doug, Lamb, and TJM

Harden not wanting to play for us could be a problem, but it's just a risk that we'll have to manage, like Raptors taking the gamble with Kawhi, isn't it

Point I'm trying to make is, we (Pacers posters in general) sometimes complain about the team not taking enough risks to build a contender, but now that there is an opportunity for the team to make a high risk high reward move and acquire an MVP level talent, it strangely doesn't look like there's much appetite for it
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#234 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:In Hayward's case, I think it's more of because we don't think he's a good fit for us. I'm quite sure we could fit his salary in if we went out of our way in order to do it. But we won't, because as mentioned he isn't a good fit, and his trade value is so low anyway (doesn't justify us going through the trouble)

Rockets can name their price, but we'll only have to beat the best offer, won't we

Our package looks better than what Nets could offer (unless they decide to include Kyrie), so it looks like we only have to beat the 6ers package

Even if it took Vic/Brogdon/Aaron/Domas, we'll still have a good supporting cast in Myles and Warren, and enough depth with Justin, Doug, Lamb, and TJM

Harden not wanting to play for us could be a problem, but it's just a risk that we'll have to manage, like Raptors taking the gamble with Kawhi, isn't it

Point I'm trying to make is, we (Pacers posters in general) sometimes complain about the team not taking enough risks to build a contender, but now that there is an opportunity for the team to make a high risk high reward move and acquire an MVP level talent, it strangely doesn't look like there's much appetite for it

Mostly because I don’t think we’d have quite the “supporting roster” you might think it is as they’d be starting (and we wouldn’t have Justin being up against the tax after a move like this).

I also don’t think that we’d necessarily be viewed as better offers than Brooklyn or Philly.

Also, he’s turning down $50+m per year to stay on a roster built specifically around him. He wants to play in Brooklyn, and he’s clearly willing to exercise his influence to do so. I don’t see him getting traded to an Indy that gutted itself for him (and all our picks too) and changing his mind. He’ll still demand a trade to Brooklyn. Kawhi wasn’t the same in Toronto. He didn’t have a demanded location.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#235 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:04 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Mostly because I don’t think we’d have quite the “supporting roster” you might think it is as they’d be starting (and we wouldn’t have Justin being up against the tax after a move like this).

Other than Lowry, Raptors didn't have quite the sterling supporting cast in 2018 either (Siakam and Anunoby were still unknowns at that point. FVV wasn't the player he is right now, as well)

I also don’t think that we’d necessarily be viewed as better offers than Brooklyn or Philly.

Also, he’s turning down $50+m per year to stay on a roster built specifically around him. He wants to play in Brooklyn, and he’s clearly willing to exercise his influence to do so. I don’t see him getting traded to an Indy that gutted itself for him (and all our picks too) and changing his mind. He’ll still demand a trade to Brooklyn. Kawhi wasn’t the same in Toronto. He didn’t have a demanded location.

Kawhi wanted to be traded to LA, preferbly the Lakers, didn't he

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/news/report-kawhi-leonard-demands-trade-san-antonio-spurs%3famp=1
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#236 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:17 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Rockets can name their price, but we'll only have to beat the best offer, won't we

Other than Lowry, Raptors didn't have quite the sterling supporting cast in 2018 either (Siakam and Anunoby were still unknowns at that point. FVV wasn't the player he is right now, as well)

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nba.com/news/report-kawhi-leonard-demands-trade-san-antonio-spurs%3famp=1

Hardens demand is that he ants to be traded to Brooklyn, even if it means Houston gets less. I’m not sure if you’d seen that report. Kawhi wasn’t that. He may have had preferences, but he hadn’t refused to play anywhere in particular.

Realistically, if anyone tries to acquire Harden, it’s merely for arbitrage purposes in hoping that Houston hates Brooklyn for this and would deal him elsewhere for less and that team then traded him to Brooklyn for more.
Wizop
RealGM

Post#237 » by Wizop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:21 pm

Topofthekey wrote:But if we're complaining that the Pacers are perennial non-contenders

I'm not making that complaint. I'm not renewing with the Virus and my age, but I've had ticket packages almost every year since we moved from the Fairgrounds to MarketSquare. that includes some really uncompetitive years when the upper deck of Market Square was curtained off. I'm quite happy with a team that has a chance to win 50 games every year and is entertaining to watch. our home winning streak is 30 years or there abouts.

Topofthekey wrote:and they never took the risk to push for a championship, then Harden is available right now, and it could potentially be our Kawhi move

guess I'm just not all or nothing. I'd happily take another decade like the Reggie years even though it only produced one championship series. part of it is I just prefer to watch team basketball over one on one isolation plays. perhaps that's the Hoosier in me.
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#238 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:40 pm

Wizop wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:But if we're complaining that the Pacers are perennial non-contenders

I'm not making that complaint. I'm not renewing with the Virus and my age, but I've had ticket packages almost every year since we moved from the Fairgrounds to MarketSquare. that includes some really uncompetitive years when the upper deck of Market Square was curtained off. I'm quite happy with a team that has a chance to win 50 games every year and is entertaining to watch. our home winning streak is 30 years or there abouts.

Topofthekey wrote:and they never took the risk to push for a championship, then Harden is available right now, and it could potentially be our Kawhi move

guess I'm just not all or nothing. I'd happily take another decade like the Reggie years even though it only produced one championship series. part of it is I just prefer to watch team basketball over one on one isolation plays. perhaps that's the Hoosier in me.

Not you definitely

But we do occasionally see some Pacers posters complain that the team isn't taking enough risks to build a contender

I'm just surprised that now that Harden is available, and Pacers can in theory offer a competitive package for Harden, said Pacers posters aren't talking about this more
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant

Post#239 » by Topofthekey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:44 pm

Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:

Hardens demand is that he ants to be traded to Brooklyn, even if it means Houston gets less. I’m not sure if you’d seen that report. Kawhi wasn’t that. He may have had preferences, but he hadn’t refused to play anywhere in particular.

Realistically, if anyone tries to acquire Harden, it’s merely for arbitrage purposes in hoping that Houston hates Brooklyn for this and would deal him elsewhere for less and that team then traded him to Brooklyn for more.

That's just us talking ourselves out of pulling the trigger for a Harden trade, isn't it

Kawhi had that mysterious injury thing at that time, and also that strange uncle Dennis situation. I feel that Raptors trading for Kawhi at that time is definitely a bigger risk than Pacers (or another team that isn't Nets or 6ers) trading for Harden now
Scoot McGroot
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#240 » by Scoot McGroot » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Topofthekey wrote:
Scoot McGroot wrote:
Topofthekey wrote:Other than Lowry, Raptors didn't have quite the sterling supporting cast in 2018 either (Siakam and Anunoby were still unknowns at that point. FVV wasn't the player he is right now, as well)

That's just us talking ourselves out of pulling the trigger for a Harden trade, isn't it

Kawhi had that mysterious injury thing at that time, and also that strange uncle Dennis situation. I feel that Raptors trading for Kawhi at that time is definitely a bigger risk than Pacers (or another team that isn't Nets or 6ers) trading for Harden now

Throw it up on the trade forum and see what you get? :dontknow:

Return to Indiana Pacers