ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,405

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1921 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:12 pm

twix2500 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:Jrue Holiday and Bogdan is a huge addition to the Bucks. However, the failures of the Bucks rely on Giannis. If he doesnt evolve his game where he can not be schemed out it doesnt matter who the Bucks trade for.

To say they gave up too much for Jrue, the Heat gave two first rounders for Dragic. Jrue is a better player than Dragic ever was. And Jrue will likely play his best ball this season now that he has motivation to ball out.

Bucks gave 3 first rounders + 2 pick swaps + decent players. Then Jrue is going to demand the max at age 32 and they will have to pay up.

If Giannis walks, It's probably one of the biggest overpays in NBA history.

They were desperate and acted like it.

Its about winning a chip, that is all that matters. The Bucks have a MVP player, you build around him as much as possible. This is their oppurtunity to win a chip. After Giannis they may be the Orlando Magic for the next 15 years. If Giannis signs the supermax, then who cares how old Jrue is. They can reload again and again and again until Giannis is done. Jrue and Middleton are legit two costars.

Dragic was younger than Jrue but it didnt matter because Bosh got sick. The Heat would had very little success without Butler on this team. Its a star driven league, you find the star then build around him as much as possible. Casual fans are not like me and you Rex. We will watch the gleague to see a player develop as entertainment. Youth doesnt win in this league. We keep falling for it every year around the league. The young bulls, the young lakers, the young thunder. The Thunder at least had that dude in Durant and didnt take advantage of the time they had him. Stars win in their prime. Giannis is about to hit his prime years. If they lock him up for the Supermax, a draft pick at 25 and up is not gonna be a game changer.

Unfortunately Bledsoe was nothing but a role player so was Hill. Role players come and go, do not be like 76ers and cripple the franchise over role players. Hell do not be like the Heat who crippled themselves with giving Whiteside star money when he was just a role player. Timberwolves were praised for getting role players in Covington and Sario for a star in his prime. All that did was put them in the lotto again. Don't you think the wolves rather have Butler over Sario, Covington, Wiggins youth and their lotto picks?

The Bucks for the next two years all they have to do is find the right role players and system that maximizes Giannis, Jrue and Middleton. Even it is a task, finding the right role players who complement the go too players is the easiest part of the process.

We basically agree, If I was the Bucks I would've done the same. They went ALL IN, as they should have. In a vacuum - they overpaid for Jure. But in reality, they had to to overpay.

See my post about Harden, I think in this NBA climate you go all in if you think you're a real contender. It is what it is.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,531

Post#1922 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:13 pm

DrHeat wrote:Honestly I have never gotten the infatuation with Giannis obviously he is a great player but there is a lot of overlap with Bam who is our second ( and possibly soon) best player.. A team of Bam, Giannis and Butler is heavy on defense but is not very balanced and has not offensive firepower... I think Beal or Harden are much better fits.. we need is someone who can create and score at an elite level especially in the in the playoffs

Something something 2 time MVP at age 25, how about way better that Bam but an incredible ~30 months older than him?

Miami probably won't be winning a championship with Bam being one of your 2 top players. You did see what Butler did in the Finals correct for Miami to win 2 games? Bam will never get close to that type of impact on the offensive side of the ball, he just doesn't have that type of mentality.
The Bunk
Senior
And1: 1,200

Post#1923 » by The Bunk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:14 pm

If Giannis signs his supermax then having cap space in 2021 is pointless. The higher tier guys are on the wrong side of 30, and Kawhi isn't coming here.

It would be stupid not to make a move now. You're kidding if you truly believe that running it back + Gallo gets this team even close to the Finals in a more competitive East.

Beal or Harden, whatever it takes sans Butler and Bam, then sign Bam to his max extension.

F 2021.
Miami590
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#1924 » by Miami590 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:16 pm

The Bunk wrote:If Giannis signs his supermax then having cap space in 2021 is pointless. The higher tier guys are on the wrong side of 30, and Kawhi isn't coming here.

It would be stupid not to make a move now. You're kidding if you truly believe that running it back + Gallo gets this team even close to the Finals in a more competitive East.

Running it back + Gallo and trading KO/Nunn/#20 pick will get us close to the finals.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,126

Post#1925 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:18 pm

Miami590 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:If Giannis signs his supermax then having cap space in 2021 is pointless. The higher tier guys are on the wrong side of 30, and Kawhi isn't coming here.

Running it back + Gallo and trading KO/Nunn/#20 pick will get us close to the finals.
Gallo is a free agent and Heat have plenty of cap, why would the Heat give all that to OKC?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
The Bunk
Senior

Post#1926 » by The Bunk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:18 pm

carnageta wrote:Let’s find a way to get Derozan and LMA without giving up Hero and Robinson.

Butler
DD
Robinson
Hero
Bam
Dragic
LMA
Crowder

That is a great 8 man rotation right there. Surround them with min. vets and ring hungry players and let’s come out swinging. I really don’t care about cap space extending beyond 2021 if we get to keep Herro and Bam while putting together a team that can win the chip’ right now.

How do we trade for DeFrozen and Aldridge and still have the cap space to re-sign BOTH Dragic and Jae?

Nonetheless........strong pass. We need a player capable of being a consistent first option. We have enough complimentary pieces.
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,126

Post#1927 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:19 pm

The Bunk wrote:
carnageta wrote:Let’s find a way to get Derozan and LMA without giving up Hero and Robinson.

Butler
DD
Robinson
Hero
Bam
Dragic
LMA
Crowder

That is a great 8 man rotation right there. Surround them with min. vets and ring hungry players and let’s come out swinging. I really don’t care about cap space extending beyond 2021 if we get to keep Herro and Bam while putting together a team that can win the chip’ right now.

How do we trade for DeFrozen and Aldridge and still have the cap space to re-sign BOTH Dragic and Jae?

Nonetheless........strong pass. We need a player capable of being a consistent first option. We have enough complimentary pieces.
The Heat can go over the cap to resign Dragic and Crowder

The Bunk
Senior

Post#1928 » by The Bunk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Miami590 wrote:

You're putting a lot of faith in a career long injury prone player who is allergic to defense.

He's a nice role player, but does not push the needle at all.
eddieheatfan
RealGM
And1: 24,903

Post#1929 » by eddieheatfan » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Beal or Harden, whatever it takes sans Butler and Bam, then sign Bam to his max extension.

F 2021.
that's why i think riley is focusing on player development, i believe that most of the talent are going to re-sign with their own teams or be moving around to other teams than miami. it is what it is and am fine with it
wadeskywalker
Senior
And1: 638

Post#1930 » by wadeskywalker » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:22 pm

Gotta be something brewing...
The Bunk
Senior

Post#1931 » by The Bunk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:22 pm

twix2500 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:

Butler
DD
Robinson
Hero
Bam
Dragic
LMA
Crowder

The Heat can go over the cap to resign Dragic and Crowder

Still passing on that move.

Not interested in anything that doesn't move the needle at this point. Giannis situation changes everything for me.

Now we have to find a whale.
wadeskywalker
Senior
And1: 638

Post#1932 » by wadeskywalker » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:23 pm

The Bunk wrote:

Butler
DD
Robinson
Hero
Bam
Dragic
LMA
Crowder

Enter Bradley Beal...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
The Bunk
Senior

Post#1933 » by The Bunk » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:24 pm

wadeskywalker wrote:
The Bunk wrote:

Butler
DD
Robinson
Hero
Bam
Dragic
LMA
Crowder

Enter Bradley Beal...

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Beal or Harden

Otherwise, gonna be a long wait until Book, Mitchell, or Fox get disgruntled and ask out. Gonna be a while before any of those guys have the leverage to do so.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond 

Post#1934 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:25 pm

HerroBalls wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:To be honest draft picks are extremely overvalued in the nba. Even if you landed a future all star it would take atleast 3 seasons for that player to make strides by then your window may have already closed and then your back to square one in rebuilding.pretty much to build a big 3 from the draft it would take you 6 years and no one can project that far into the future. You kinda have to play for now if your contending or close to it.

Gogi/Nunn
Robinson/Herro
Butler/igg
Gallo/Crowder
Bam/Ibaka

Does that get it done?

This only get its done if we end up with Giannis next season which is something that is looking unlikely currently. Still Gallo and Ibaka a great pieces for us
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1935 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:28 pm

At this point Im at Herro + nunn + whatever picks it takes for Harden.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
heater4life
Bench Warmer
And1: 2,758

Post#1936 » by heater4life » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:29 pm

:lol:

And that’s why if another star is available, you trade for him and don’t sit back waiting for Giannis or bust next offseason. A lot can happen in a year.

Great moves by Bucks. They’re desperate to keep Giannis, as they should be.
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#1937 » by RonaldSeikaly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:32 pm

F 2021.

Every year there is a superstar who becomes disgruntled and wants out. Nobody would have thought Harden would be traded a year ago. Just be patient. Booker, Beal, Lillard, Fox, and several others are all in delicate situations that could blow up with another season.

We have a luxury that we can afford a year of patience. Running it back with a few minor upgrades, and another year of experience for our core is still very competitive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,531

Post#1938 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:34 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
Bucks gave 3 first rounders + 2 pick swaps + decent players. Then Jrue is going to demand the max at age 32 and they will have to pay up.

If Giannis walks, It's probably one of the biggest overpays in NBA history.

They were desperate and acted like it.

Its about winning a chip, that is all that matters. The Bucks have a MVP player, you build around him as much as possible. This is their oppurtunity to win a chip. After Giannis they may be the Orlando Magic for the next 15 years. If Giannis signs the supermax, then who cares how old Jrue is. They can reload again and again and again until Giannis is done. Jrue and Middleton are legit two costars.

Dragic was younger than Jrue but it didnt matter because Bosh got sick. The Heat would had very little success without Butler on this team. Its a star driven league, you find the star then build around him as much as possible. Casual fans are not like me and you Rex. We will watch the gleague to see a player develop as entertainment. Youth doesnt win in this league. We keep falling for it every year around the league. The young bulls, the young lakers, the young thunder. The Thunder at least had that dude in Durant and didnt take advantage of the time they had him. Stars win in their prime. Giannis is about to hit his prime years. If they lock him up for the Supermax, a draft pick at 25 and up is not gonna be a game changer.

Unfortunately Bledsoe was nothing but a role player so was Hill. Role players come and go, do not be like 76ers and cripple the franchise over role players. Hell do not be like the Heat who crippled themselves with giving Whiteside star money when he was just a role player. Timberwolves were praised for getting role players in Covington and Sario for a star in his prime. All that did was put them in the lotto again. Don't you think the wolves rather have Butler over Sario, Covington, Wiggins youth and their lotto picks?

The Bucks for the next two years all they have to do is find the right role players and system that maximizes Giannis, Jrue and Middleton. Even it is a task, finding the right role players who complement the go too players is the easiest part of the process.

We basically agree, If I was the Bucks I would've done the same. They went ALL IN, as they should have. In a vacuum - they overpaid for Jure. But in reality, they had to to overpay.

See my post about Harden, I think in this NBA climate you go all in if you think you're a real contender. It is what it is.

Say what you want about overpayment (late 1st round picks, maybe get lucky to find a role player for a contender) but that team is ready to roll for the next half decade. Giannis can feel VERY comfortable being a contender for the next 4-6 years in Milwaukee.

As of now the Bucks can roll out Jrue to guard Kyrie, Giannis to guard KD. Miami has nobody who can guard either, Bam can "stay with" KD but doesn't have the length to really contest his jumpers.

The Bucks did an incredible job adding to their long term team in 24 hours.

If/when the Bucks extend Giannis, they can feel good that they'll have a parachute at the end of this by being able to trade Giannis(if they want to but doubt they do) for a good amount around age 30.
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1939 » by DrHeat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:46 pm

AirP. wrote:
DrHeat wrote:Honestly I have never gotten the infatuation with Giannis obviously he is a great player but there is a lot of overlap with Bam who is our second ( and possibly soon) best player.. A team of Bam, Giannis and Butler is heavy on defense but is not very balanced and has not offensive firepower... I think Beal or Harden are much better fits.. we need is someone who can create and score at an elite level especially in the in the playoffs

Something something 2 time MVP at age 25, how about way better that Bam but an incredible ~30 months older than him?

Miami probably won't be winning a championship with Bam being one of your 2 top players. You did see what Butler did in the Finals correct for Miami to win 2 games? Bam will never get close to that type of impact on the offensive side of the ball, he just doesn't have that type of mentality.

I don't disagree that Giannis is better that Bam will ever be, but there is not denying that their talent overlap. If we got Giannis I would look to move Bam for an all start wing player or a guard but I don't see Bam and Giannis working well together
MHeat0279
Analyst
And1: 4,367

Post#1940 » by MHeat0279 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:47 pm

WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
carnageta wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
They are not even close to the scariest team in the east. If our youngins develop as they should, we'd kick them in the nuts this year as well. Jrue and Bogie help, but as long as Giannis is top dog on a team, nothing changes (unless other contenders are derailed by serious injuries).

Come on.

Our young guys can get better but a 25 year old 2-time MVP can’t get better and learn from his personal experiences?

I know we won in 5, but let’s not act like all of the games weren’t close. Each game was decided in the final minutes.

A 60 win team with the league MVP and DPOY just added a perennial all-star to their roster along with one of the best shooters in the game. Yes, they are scary

Please don't quote the MVPs for Giannis. They're like the MVPs Rose won or Westbrook won. Nada when it's time to play with the big boys.

About improvement.. Which traditional center in the modern era has become a proficient shooter when he didn't already have a good touch already? Which center in the modern era can run an offense?

Embiid looks good to me running an offense.

Return to Miami Heat