ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, BFRESH44, MettaWorldPanda, heat4life, Wiltside, IggieCC, QUIZ

RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,368

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1941 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:50 pm

About the Bucks - Bogdan addition is what really hurt my gut.

Jure is great, but he alone wasn't enough to put them over the top IMO.

But then they also added Bogdan FOR SCRAPS. It cost them nothing meaningful. And he's the perfect shooter in that starting 5.

So yes, they're easily the best team in the East.

We can get better too, but they got ALOT better, and I'm not sure we will, at least not to that degree, unless we get Harden/Beal.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
Miami590
Sophomore
And1: 188

Post#1942 » by Miami590 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:51 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Miami590 wrote:
The Bunk wrote:If Giannis signs his supermax then having cap space in 2021 is pointless. The higher tier guys are on the wrong side of 30, and Kawhi isn't coming here.

It would be stupid not to make a move now. You're kidding if you truly believe that running it back + Gallo gets this team even close to the Finals in a more competitive East.

Running it back + Gallo and trading KO/Nunn/#20 pick will get us close to the finals.
Gallo is a free agent and Heat have plenty of cap, why would the Heat give all that to OKC?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Getting him with the MLE and trading trading KO/Nunn/#20 pick to get another player.
Kobewade11
Head Coach
And1: 15,588

Post#1943 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:52 pm

AirP. wrote:Say what you want about overpayment (late 1st round picks, maybe get lucky to find a role player for a contender) but that team is ready to roll for the next half decade. Giannis can feel VERY comfortable being a contender for the next 4-6 years in Milwaukee.

As of now the Bucks can roll out Jrue to guard Kyrie, Giannis to guard KD. Miami has nobody who can guard either, Bam can "stay with" KD but doesn't have the length to really contest his jumpers.

The Bucks did an incredible job adding to their long term team in 24 hours.

If/when the Bucks extend Giannis, they can feel good that they'll have a parachute at the end of this by being able to trade Giannis(if they want to but doubt they do) for a good amount around age 30.

This is overstated. Because of the way the game is played today you can just screen to get any matchup you want. Besides, you never shut down truly elite offensive scorers.
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1944 » by DrHeat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:53 pm

In Riley we trust...He has shown over and over that he knows how to build a team.. I would would give anything not name Butler or Bam for Harden. He is a top 5 player in the league with a potential to be better and more efficient in Miami's system
MiamiLoyal926
Rookie
And1: 2,018

Post#1945 » by MiamiLoyal926 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:55 pm

AirP. wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Its about winning a chip, that is all that matters. The Bucks have a MVP player, you build around him as much as possible. This is their oppurtunity to win a chip. After Giannis they may be the Orlando Magic for the next 15 years. If Giannis signs the supermax, then who cares how old Jrue is. They can reload again and again and again until Giannis is done. Jrue and Middleton are legit two costars.

Dragic was younger than Jrue but it didnt matter because Bosh got sick. The Heat would had very little success without Butler on this team. Its a star driven league, you find the star then build around him as much as possible. Casual fans are not like me and you Rex. We will watch the gleague to see a player develop as entertainment. Youth doesnt win in this league. We keep falling for it every year around the league. The young bulls, the young lakers, the young thunder. The Thunder at least had that dude in Durant and didnt take advantage of the time they had him. Stars win in their prime. Giannis is about to hit his prime years. If they lock him up for the Supermax, a draft pick at 25 and up is not gonna be a game changer.

Unfortunately Bledsoe was nothing but a role player so was Hill. Role players come and go, do not be like 76ers and cripple the franchise over role players. Hell do not be like the Heat who crippled themselves with giving Whiteside star money when he was just a role player. Timberwolves were praised for getting role players in Covington and Sario for a star in his prime. All that did was put them in the lotto again. Don't you think the wolves rather have Butler over Sario, Covington, Wiggins youth and their lotto picks?

The Bucks for the next two years all they have to do is find the right role players and system that maximizes Giannis, Jrue and Middleton. Even it is a task, finding the right role players who complement the go too players is the easiest part of the process.

We basically agree, If I was the Bucks I would've done the same. They went ALL IN, as they should have. In a vacuum - they overpaid for Jure. But in reality, they had to to overpay.

See my post about Harden, I think in this NBA climate you go all in if you think you're a real contender. It is what it is.

Say what you want about overpayment (late 1st round picks, maybe get lucky to find a role player for a contender) but that team is ready to roll for the next half decade. Giannis can feel VERY comfortable being a contender for the next 4-6 years in Milwaukee.

As of now the Bucks can roll out Jrue to guard Kyrie, Giannis to guard KD. Miami has nobody who can guard either, Bam can "stay with" KD but doesn't have the length to really contest his jumpers.

If/when the Bucks extend Giannis, they can feel good that they'll have a parachute at the end of this by being able to trade Giannis(if they want to but doubt they do) for a good amount around age 30.

Did I miss the part where Giannis committed already? I have not seen him signed yet so the verdict is still out on a long term threat from the Bucks and or if this gamble was worth it in the long run for them. Also, with much of their assets gone, how do they stay relevant for 4-6 years? We saw what happened to the heat at the end of the big three era. We ran out of assets to trade and had to depend on chip chasing vets. The good thing is we had the big three and Miami to entice vets. What do the bucks have that is more alluring and would allow them to have a better fate than us? I have a feeling that things will implode in Milwaukee sooner rather than later regardless of these moves.
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,192

Post#1946 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:59 pm

Would y'all take Whiteside back for the low? Part of me missed him but he's too much of a pouty bitch that misunderstands key things about the game
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,177

Post#1947 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
AirP. wrote:Say what you want about overpayment (late 1st round picks, maybe get lucky to find a role player for a contender) but that team is ready to roll for the next half decade. Giannis can feel VERY comfortable being a contender for the next 4-6 years in Milwaukee.

This is overstated. Because of the way the game is played today you can just screen to get any matchup you want. Besides, you never shut down truly elite offensive scorers.

Overstated that they actually have players who have the ability to guard the elite players? Bam doesn't even have the size to guard KD except near the basket and currently there is nobody on the roster who can make Kyrie work for most of his points.

At this point right now, Miami has to hope they can out shoot teams from 3pt range and after next season, they no longer will have cap space to change direction. 2 at or near max contracts with Bam and Butler and then having to pay Robinson, Nunn, Dragic, Crowder. When Butler's deal is up, you're then paying Herro and HOPING he's worth a max at that point.

Miami needs to get their long term identity figured out quick, for a team that was trying to trade Dragic instead of Whiteside just over a year ago, I'm not so sure they're good with this current shoot 3s vs defensive type team, especially when the top 2 players are defensive.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1948 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Would y'all take Whiteside back for the low? Part of me missed him but he's too much of a pouty bitch that misunderstands key things about the game

I wouldnt take whiteside back even if he payed me lol
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
DrHeat
Junior
And1: 617

Post#1949 » by DrHeat » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:01 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Would y'all take Whiteside back for the low? Part of me missed him but he's too much of a pouty bitch that misunderstands key things about the game

Absolutely no... you don't want him poisoning your young players
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,192

Post#1950 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:03 pm

DrHeat wrote:In Riley we trust...He has shown over and over that he knows how to build a team.. I would would give anything not name Butler or Bam for Harden. He is a top 5 player in the league with a potential to be better and more efficient in Miami's system

I love Bam, but I wouldn't put him under untouchable... For a top 5 player at least
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1951 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

DrHeat wrote:
AirP. wrote:
DrHeat wrote:Honestly I have never gotten the infatuation with Giannis obviously he is a great player but there is a lot of overlap with Bam who is our second ( and possibly soon) best player.. A team of Bam, Giannis and Butler is heavy on defense but is not very balanced and has not offensive firepower... I think Beal or Harden are much better fits.. we need is someone who can create and score at an elite level especially in the in the playoffs

Something something 2 time MVP at age 25, how about way better that Bam but an incredible ~30 months older than him?

Miami probably won't be winning a championship with Bam being one of your 2 top players. You did see what Butler did in the Finals correct for Miami to win 2 games? Bam will never get close to that type of impact on the offensive side of the ball, he just doesn't have that type of mentality.

I don't disagree that Giannis is better that Bam will ever be, but there is not denying that their talent overlap. If we got Giannis I would look to move Bam for an all start wing player or a guard but I don't see Bam and Giannis working well together

Miami looked to move Dragic instead of Whiteside to make room for Butler, to me that screamed defensive/playoff team. I think Riley wanted Whiteside and Bam playing togther and hoped Butler to push Whiteside.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach

Post#1952 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:07 pm

AirP. wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:

Overstated that they actually have players who have the ability to guard the elite players? Bam doesn't even have the size to guard KD except near the basket and currently there is nobody on the roster who can make Kyrie work for most of his points.

At this point right now, Miami has to hope they can out shoot teams from 3pt range and after next season, they no longer will have cap space to change direction. 2 at or near max contracts with Bam and Butler and then having to pay Robinson, Nunn, Dragic, Crowder. When Butler's deal is up, you're then paying Herro and HOPING he's worth a max at that point.

Miami needs to get their long term identity figured out quick, for a team that was trying to trade Dragic instead of Whiteside just over a year ago, I'm not so sure they're good with this current shoot 3s vs defensive type team, especially when the top 2 players are defensive.

Our top 2 players may be defensive but our Offense is better than our Defense. In the bubble we weren't really stopping teams, they just couldn't really stop us. Other than crunch time our defense left alot to be desired. We really need another Shot blocker and Defensive guard even if we added another star.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1953 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:08 pm

MiamiLoyal926 wrote:
Did I miss the part where Giannis committed already? I have not seen him signed yet so the verdict is still out on a long term threat from the Bucks and or if this gamble was worth it in the long run for them. Also, with much of their assets gone, how do they stay relevant for 4-6 years? We saw what happened to the heat at the end of the big three era. We ran out of assets to trade and had to depend on chip chasing vets. The good thing is we had the big three and Miami to entice vets. What do the bucks have that is more alluring and would allow them to have a better fate than us? I have a feeling that things will implode in Milwaukee sooner rather than later regardless of these moves.

If I were Giannis, I WOULD NOT commit this year and the reason to let certain teams not make their teams as strong as they could be to keep flexibility "just in case" Giannis didn't sign NEXT YEAR. It's what I believe Kawhi did in LA, making the Lakers miss out on some moves(I believe he was going to the Clippers the whole time, even without George).

It's very, very possible that the 2021 plan of Miami's stopped them from having a championship THIS YEAR because they refused to give Gallo a 3 year contract and probably add Noel as their backup big... both who would have helped immensely in the Finals this year.
Kobewade11
Head Coach

Post#1954 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:09 pm

AirP. wrote:Miami looked to move Dragic instead of Whiteside to make room for Butler, to me that screamed defensive/playoff team. I think Riley wanted Whiteside and Bam playing togther and hoped Butler to push Whiteside.

They didnt want to move Dragic instead of Whiteside, you can only move what other teams are interested in and clearly Dragic was more valuable than Hassan. Spo had no intent of playing him and Bam together.
Zasterror
RealGM
And1: 10,019

Post#1955 » by Zasterror » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:13 pm

Trust the Godfather. If we stand pat or get a name, we will be fine this year regardless.
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1956 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:13 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
AirP. wrote:Miami looked to move Dragic instead of Whiteside to make room for Butler, to me that screamed defensive/playoff team. I think Riley wanted Whiteside and Bam playing togther and hoped Butler to push Whiteside.

They didnt want to move Dragic instead of Whiteside, you can only move what other teams are interested in and clearly Dragic was more valuable than Hassan. Spo had no intent of playing him and Bam together.

Huh, so why wasn't Dragic moved then? Was only Dallas interested in him last offseason? As fast as the Whiteside trade happened and no other Dragic trade was available you'd think he was kinda wanted more.
Kobewade11
Head Coach

Post#1957 » by Kobewade11 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:18 pm

AirP. wrote:Huh, so why wasn't Dragic moved then? Was only Dallas interested in him last offseason? As fast as the Whiteside trade happened and no other Dragic trade was available you'd think he was kinda wanted more.

I dont think you realize you’re making the point for me. The team did not want to trade Dragic. If it came down to it I think they were willing to move him to Dallas and let Winslow run point if it was the only way to get Jimmy, but just because a guy is valued by other teams doesn’t mean you’re obligated to trade him. The Dallas thing imo was also about accommodating Dragic by teaming him with Doncic instead of sending him to a wasteland.
HeatingUp3
Veteran
And1: 4,877

Post#1958 » by HeatingUp3 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:19 pm

Even if we trade for Harden we can't give everything. AT LEAST Bam and Jimmy needs to stay untouchable. Got to play with something.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach

Post#1959 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm

AirP. wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:

Huh, so why wasn't Dragic moved then? Was only Dallas interested in him last offseason? As fast as the Whiteside trade happened and no other Dragic trade was available you'd think he was kinda wanted more.

It was a salary dump. The dragic to the mavs was easy they get dragic without us taking anything back Jimmy trade done. Trading whiteside wasnt easy we had to take salary back and then find a 4th team to dump some of what we got from portland.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,608

Post#1960 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Let’s. Not. Sign. Anyone. To. Long. Term. Contracts.

Let’s. Not. Trade. For. Anyone. With. Contracts. Past. This. Season.

Simple off season plan.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.

Return to Miami Heat