Nuggets Trades

Moderator: THE J0KER

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#801 » by THE J0KER » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:10 am

Manolito wrote:MIL sending three first round picks and two swaps, way too much for a 31 year old player with one more season under contract.

If Giannis leaves next summer, Milwaukee is completely screwed

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using RealGM mobile app

Arguing why we should fight for Jrue I said once that he is only technically an expired player. He is going for the last big contract and once he lands a contender he will re-sign with that team because it is about his player legacy. He wasted too many seasons in the lottery team(s).

This deal is Bucks's best ticket to hold Giannis, and the best way to improve their chances to get a ring. Jrue is the best player they can get this offseason grouping all their available assets, and they pay what they need. I wish our front office was "more aggressive" in January when we ask for Jrue and added FRP to Harris and Barton. With Holiday we would be arguably more competitive vs Lakers, and no way we been in 1-3 position vs Utah. If the Bucks re-sign with Giannis, these swap picks are fools gold, and all three 1st's will be late first.

For good playoff teams, every "WIN NOW" improvement is a golden opportunity. The only such trade we do so far was FRP2019 for expiring Grant, and thank God we do that deal.

We should try to get two-way Eric Bledsoe from Pelicans, Lonzo Ball is their basic PG, they don't need him too much.

Harris+Barton for Bledsoe+#39+#42.

Pelicans have tons of 1st round picks next 5 years, they don't care about 2nds rounders. Bledsoe is a better starter than Harris due to better offense, and our FO showed several times in the past 6 years they can use very properly 2nd round picks.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#802 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:49 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:Newest rumor is that the Bucks and Hawks are after Bogdanovic, Bucks want to do a sign and trade and really have nothing of value for him. I would actually prefer we get in on him, even if it cost Barton.

I'd be willing to give a little more for Bodganovic. Perhaps even adding Morris -or- Dozier + Bates-Diop -or- #22 or a future pick.

Bogdanovic was a free agent, it was never about the trade we offered, it was about the contract we offered. Truth is we do not know if they even made an offer, but if they did it was not enough to convince Bogdanovic to come here over Milwaukee.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#803 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:52 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
Manolito wrote:MIL sending three first round picks and two swaps, way too much for a 31 year old player with one more season under contract.

Arguing why we should fight for Jrue I said once that he is only technically an expired player. He is going for the last big contract and once he lands a contender he will re-sign with that team because it is about his player legacy. He wasted too many seasons in the lottery team(s).

This deal is Bucks's best ticket to hold Giannis, and the best way to improve their chances to get a ring. Jrue is the best player they can get this offseason grouping all their available assets, and they pay what they need. I wish our front office was "more aggressive" in January when we ask for Jrue and added FRP to Harris and Barton. With Holiday we would be arguably more competitive vs Lakers, and no way we been in 1-3 position vs Utah. If the Bucks re-sign with Giannis, these swap picks are fools gold, and all three 1st's will be late first.

For good playoff teams, every "WIN NOW" improvement is a golden opportunity. The only such trade we do so far was FRP2019 for expiring Grant, and thank God we do that deal.

We should try to get two-way Eric Bledsoe from Pelicans, Lonzo Ball is their basic PG, they don't need him too much.

Pelicans have tons of 1st round picks next 5 years, they don't care about 2nds rounders. Bledsoe is a better starter than Harris due to better offense, and our FO showed several times in the past 6 years they can use very properly 2nd round picks.

LMAO, you cannot be serious? I wouldn't trade BArton straight up for Bledsoe.

Can you explain to me why you overrate the hell out of eastern conference players? I know they get more media coverage, but if you watch a lot of games you realize that Harris and Barton are 2 of the most underrated players in the league very quickly.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#804 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:17 pm

The Rebel wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Can you explain to me why you overrate the hell out of eastern conference players? I know they get more media coverage, but if you watch a lot of games you realize that Harris and Barton are 2 of the most underrated players in the league very quickly.

I'm not totally opposed to Bledsoe but he's a 6'1" player that needs the ball in his hands and in my opinion is over-rated on defense. Not saying he is a bad defensive player, but at 6'1", even with his 6'8" wingspan, he just can't cover a lot of the larger players in today's NBA. He's quick enough but just not strong enough physically. He'd probably have to be a bench player and then you face the same problem as Barton - a lot of money coming off the bench without being a good fit on the Nuggets.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#805 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:45 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:Arguing why we should fight for Jrue I said once that he is only technically an expired player. He is going for the last big contract and once he lands a contender he will re-sign with that team because it is about his player legacy. He wasted too many seasons in the lottery team(s).

I'm not totally opposed to Bledsoe but he's a 6'1" player that needs the ball in his hands and in my opinion is over-rated on defense. Not saying he is a bad defensive player, but at 6'1", even with his 6'8" wingspan, he just can't cover a lot of the larger players in today's NBA. He's quick enough but just not strong enough physically. He'd probably have to be a bench player and then you face the same problem as Barton - a lot of money coming off the bench without being a good fit on the Nuggets.

I think Bledsoe is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. He puts up a lot of shots so people think he is some great player, when he is basically an average player.

Bledsoe defensive numbers put him on the same tier as Barton, and that is with Bledsoe having the DPOY behind him while Barton has Jokic. For all the hype of Bledsoe being a 2 way player he sucks on offense.

He was worse than Harris on offense in the playoffs, it was ugly. In fact Bledsoe's career TS% in the playoffs is 51.6% Harris in this year's playoffs put up 52.2%. For a guy who is supposedly a scorer, Bledsoe is a terrible scorer, and he is worse in the playoffs every year than Harris was this year.

But the uglier fact is that as much as people bitch about Harris's lack of shot, Bledsoe has a career average of 33.6% from 3, Harris last year shot 33.3%, so as bad as Harris was shooting last year, in Bledsoe's typical year he hits 1.5 more 3s per season than Harris did last year.

To top it all off Bledsoe is 30 years old and is not going to get better, undersized guards usually have pretty dramatic drop offs between 30-32 years old.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#806 » by THE J0KER » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:04 pm

The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:
The Rebel wrote:

I think Bledsoe is one of the most overrated players I have ever seen. He puts up a lot of shots so people think he is some great player, when he is basically an average player.

Bledsoe defensive numbers put him on the same tier as Barton, and that is with Bledsoe having the DPOY behind him while Barton has Jokic. For all the hype of Bledsoe being a 2 way player he sucks on offense.

He was worse than Harris on offense in the playoffs, it was ugly. In fact Bledsoe's career TS% in the playoffs is 51.6% Harris in this year's playoffs put up 52.2%. For a guy who is supposedly a scorer, Bledsoe is a terrible scorer, and he is worse in the playoffs every year than Harris was this year.

But the uglier fact is that as much as people bitch about Harris's lack of shot, Bledsoe has a career average of 33.6% from 3, Harris last year shot 33.3%, so as bad as Harris was shooting last year, in Bledsoe's typical year he hits 1.5 more 3s per season than Harris did last year.

To top it all off Bledsoe is 30 years old and is not going to get better, undersized guards usually have pretty dramatic drop offs between 30-32 years old.

The biggest problem with Barton is that he is a bad fit for the Denver system. He makes Murray and Porter look worse, and not compatible with Jokic point-center game style. Also, like Plumlee, seems he tends to underperform under playoff pressure. That is partly a problem with Bledsoe too, but at least he adds some extra passes and points compared to Harris and Barton. Also, Bledsoe's salary is $17M, while Harris+Barton are $33M, which is an important argument in favor of this eventual trade. I didn't choose Bledsoe because he is perfect for Denver, but because he is obviously available, and this would be an improvement. The point of trades of "WIN NOW" teams should be an instant improvement, not some virtual value.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#807 » by The Rebel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:34 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
The Rebel wrote:
NuggetsWY wrote:I'm not totally opposed to Bledsoe but he's a 6'1" player that needs the ball in his hands and in my opinion is over-rated on defense. Not saying he is a bad defensive player, but at 6'1", even with his 6'8" wingspan, he just can't cover a lot of the larger players in today's NBA. He's quick enough but just not strong enough physically. He'd probably have to be a bench player and then you face the same problem as Barton - a lot of money coming off the bench without being a good fit on the Nuggets.

The biggest problem with Barton is that he is a bad fit for the Denver system. He makes Murray and Porter look worse, and not compatible with Jokic point-center game style. Also, like Plumlee, seems he tends to underperform under playoff pressure. That is partly a problem with Bledsoe too, but at least he adds some extra passes and points compared to Harris and Barton. Also, Bledsoe's salary is $17M, while Harris+Barton are $33M, which is an important argument in favor of this eventual trade. I didn't choose Bledsoe because he is perfect for Denver, but because he is obviously available, and this would be an improvement. The point of trades of "WIN NOW" teams should be an instant improvement, not some virtual value.

If Barton is a bad fit, what does that make Bledsoe? Barton shoots 39% on spot up 3 pointers, Bledsoe shoots 26%, Bledsoe cannot play off the ball, that is why Milwaukee traded him.

Playoffs under performing is partly a problem with Bledsoe? Bledsoe is worse in the playoffs every year than Harris was this year, and it is not even close.

As for adding points, he shoots more than either Harris or Barton but he does it on a significantly worse shooting percentage, that means he is taking shots out of other guys hands. Bledsoe was considerably worse than Craig on offense in the playoffs this year, would you argue that Craig shooting 20 times a game is a good thing?

Bledsoe has the ball 4.2 minutes of every game, that is more than anybody outside of Murray on the Nuggets, he also gets more touches every game than anybody on the Nuggets outside of Murray and Jokic. Of course he is going to put up a lot of counting stats, but that does not mean he is an effective player.

We have 2 starting quality players making $33 million, which is on the low end for starters around the league, and you want to trade them for a bench quality player making $17 million a year? Sorry that is a terrible excuse. I would not take Bledsoe on his contract for anybody on our roster that can make the salaries work. I would not take him for free into cap space, even if he came with a future Bucks 1st, he is not a good player and I cannot believe that a Nuggets fan would even think he is better than Barton or Harris.
psimanic1
Starter
And1: 1,171

Post#808 » by psimanic1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:43 pm

I saw on few different sites like having one of the best packages with Murray and MPJ for Harden, i really really hope we dont do that. I dont mind trading MPJ for right piece but i dont want to trade either Murray or Jokic
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#809 » by THE J0KER » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:38 pm

psimanic1 wrote:I saw on few different sites like having one of the best packages with Murray and MPJ for Harden, i really really hope we dont do that. I dont mind trading MPJ for right piece but i dont want to trade either Murray or Jokic
If I'm Kroenke, and Harden gives personal agreement he will re-sign with the Nuggets, I would accept that deal! Two true TOP10 players in the same team almost always work, we see it in this century from Lebron-Davis, Durant-Curry, Lebron-Wade, Duncan-Kawhi, Kobe-Gasol, Shaq-Kobe. But Harden seems to me right now not only as someone who wants to win but wants a bigger market too. Another who is against (I guess) is coach Malone which big ego can't deal with another big ego.
Richard Miller
Veteran
And1: 2,883

Post#810 » by Richard Miller » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:22 pm

psimanic1 wrote:I saw on few different sites like having one of the best packages with Murray and MPJ for Harden, i really really hope we dont do that. I dont mind trading MPJ for right piece but i dont want to trade either Murray or Jokic

Those packages would've made sense a year ago, after the bubble no way.
skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Post#811 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:43 pm

Quite a few trades going down but with the shortened off-season the one thing that may be overlooked is the chemistry this team has. I can see the same thing with the GSW's, but just to interchange pieces to add talent doesn't always work out. MIL has made moves that look to appease Giannis, but their cohesion has yet to be established, guess we'll see how it all works out but I believe the chemistry of a team plays an important part in success. My post may become moot if we do indeed make a trade or two but it's something that I feel contributed to our appearance in the WCFs this year.
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
skywalker33

Post#812 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:47 pm

I also feel like the Nuggets always wait/hold back to see what settles than can get better (cheaper ?) deals done after the frenzy.

psimanic1
Starter

Post#813 » by psimanic1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:23 pm

according to twitter, Nuggets and SAC are talking about Hield
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#814 » by TunaFish » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:29 pm

psimanic1 wrote:according to twitter, Nuggets and SAC are talking about Hield

What! Any links you can post please.

Sorry, found them. https://www.nbaanalysis.net/2020/11/17/report-kings-nuggets-discussing-a-buddy-hield-trade/
Canned in Denver.
skywalker33

Post#815 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:31 pm

With Bogdanovic being traded this doesn't make a lot of sense for the Kings. I'm MEH on Hield, much-preferred Murray in that draft, and with his contract, do we trade Harris or Barton ?? I think there are better options but that would be a splash but is it a good move?

Also, I don't put much stock in Twitter rumors.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#816 » by NuggetsWY » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:34 pm

Interesting and depending on what is involved - maybe.
Then again, I think you can find any rumor you want on Twitter. Maybe we'll find one saying the Nuggets are going to sign Von Miller to play power forward. :lol:
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#817 » by TunaFish » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:48 pm

Once the Kings traded Bogdan, trading Hield makes little sense but the Kings could be in a meltdown stocking picks. The rumors were right about the Pelicans trading Holiday, so who knows.

Read on Twitter
Canned in Denver.
psimanic1
Starter

Post#818 » by psimanic1 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:56 pm

It would be interesting if we could get like Hield and Bjelica for Harris and Barton, or something like that
skywalker33

Post#819 » by skywalker33 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:07 pm

psimanic1 wrote:It would be interesting if we could get like Hield and Bjelica for Harris and Barton, or something like that

Hield is starting his 4-yr contract extension, not doing it unless we're getting their #12 pick. Hield is productive but he's also a year older than Harris

THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#820 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:53 am

Celtics Offered Gordon Hayward, Three 2020 First Rounders For Jrue Holiday

Another proof of my correct estimation of Jrue Holiday trade value (Harris+Barton+Bol+#22). There is no three FRP, but Bol Bol's value is about a TOP20 pick, if not TOP15. So, my big package for Jrue plan close to what Bucks and Celtics offered.

Return to Denver Nuggets