Post#21 » by ReasonablySober » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:12 pm

Gonna miss White Donte.
RandyBreuer
Sixth Man
And1: 174
Location: hoistin' 3s like Delfino, pimpin' 4 recruits like Pitino

Re: Eric Bledsoe & George Hill Appreciation Thread 

Post#22 » by RandyBreuer » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:43 pm

Best of luck to them both. Maybe Bledsoe will find his niche if he can put his ego in check and be a great 6th man behind Lonzo Ball.
Drugbust wrote
"Sorry if my opinion offended your delicate sensibilities"

In Horst we trust.
GHOSTofSIKMA
RealGM
And1: 7,929

Post#23 » by GHOSTofSIKMA » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:19 pm

loved regular season bledsoe and for the money im not sure jrue is worth the upgrade for what he brings in the reg season anyway. we should all be careful not to somehow talk about him like he was some jennings monta type. he played his ass off for this team and really wanted to be here qand i know wanted to be more than he was. its a shame he had a pschological disorder related to performance anxiety in the playoffs or whatever it is. i actually feel sorry for the guy.... im glad weve moved on but im bummed for him. he was easy for me to root for
emunney
RealGM
And1: 36,432

Post#24 » by emunney » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:23 pm

Throwing Donte in here, really enjoyed watching and rooting for all three of these guys. The bubble ended their tenures as Bucks.
Here are more legal notices regarding the Posts
Chuck Diesel
RealGM
And1: 11,556

Post#25 » by Chuck Diesel » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:25 pm

Would love for Hill and Donte to find their way back to Milwaukee at some point.

Bled was a huge part of the franchise’s growth. The list of Bucks point guards before his arrival is haunting.
ajb905
Rookie
And1: 310

Post#26 » by ajb905 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:27 pm

I really liked Bledsoe and Hill. Both really good players that fit well in the team. Too bad we couldn't make it to the top of the mountain with them. Wish them the best.
tydett
General Manager
And1: 6,721

Post#27 » by tydett » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:28 pm

It's really weird to trade guys you like for guys who fit better. Bucks haven't really had that in my fandom. Bledsoe was a far better player than we had at guard before we got him, so he fit in really nicely and quickly. Hill could've just collected paychecks, but he showed up and turned into a leader. DDV has that rare basketball talent where he's just almost always in the right place at the right time. I am sad that they will not be on the Bucks.
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Post#28 » by Rstuedes24 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:37 pm

Bled, Hill and Donte are all class acts and even tho Bled couldn’t get it done in the playoffs I’ll still be a fan and hope he can turn it around.

Ersan, I’m sure we’ll have you back in a year or 2 for one more stint before retirement lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,188

Post#29 » by wallus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Really liked everybody that we traded and I wish them well with their new teams. I liked NO and might adopt them as a 2nd team now.
FrieAaron
General Manager
And1: 5,017

Post#30 » by FrieAaron » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:33 pm

Feel bad for Bled, because he seemed like a great teammate, was part of the best Bucks teams I've ever known as a fan, and really we should have won the championship a couple years ago. But the team didn't get it done two years in a row so it can't be a surprise to anyone that changes had to be made. Wish him the best, though. He seems like a good guy. Ditto that for George, who is obviously just the consummate pro.
Turk Nowitzki
RealGM
And1: 9,821

Post#31 » by Turk Nowitzki » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:34 pm

I do feel bad for Bled, I think he felt like he found a home here and seemed like a really good guy. Professional sports is a tough business.
humanrefutation
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 13,885

Post#32 » by humanrefutation » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:36 pm

That alley-oop from Bledsoe to Giannis in their first game together @SAS was positively orgasmic.
Profound23
RealGM
And1: 6,396

Post#33 » by Profound23 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:40 pm

Both players gave their everything. Bledsoe (especially) never took a play off on either end of the court.
Lippo
Lead Assistant
And1: 943

Post#34 » by Lippo » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:30 pm

I love Bled, The Aqua Dagger will be missed and the Pelicans are now my 2nd favorite team.
This team was screaming to get him when he was on the Suns and soon after we did he was turned into the scapegoat.
Simple fact is he's not a good 3pt shooter but his effort and conditioning was never in doubt (cough cough Mids)
Maybe its just Buds system and the lack of the ball in Bleds hands but he's more of a Jon Starks/Rod/Strickland/Kevin Johnson than a Jon Paxton/Mark Price catch and shoot guy. He needs to drive and dish, why we didnt have Giannis trail his drives for Oops and dunks more is beyond me.
It was so sad watching Bled drive and 2 guys collapse on him and no one was there for an easy assist, he would have to pass 15-20 feet cross court or to the corner instead of a bounce pass for a dunk... Kevin Johnson with great D, that was his ceiling, hope he gets there in Nola. Bled should have had 7-8 assists a game here, but Mids and Giannis pounded the ball more often than not. Bled would have been a perennial All-Star in the 80s-90s...
When we face NO in the finals in a few years, watch out for the Aqua Dagger...
SupremeHustle
RealGM
And1: 28,321

Post#35 » by SupremeHustle » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:34 pm

Bled, GHill, Pat C, Sterling - it's been real. I especially hope Sterling gets a chance somewhere.
jschligs wrote:Am I the only one who doesn't know who the **** SupremeHustle is?
Rstuedes24
Pro Prospect
And1: 701

Post#36 » by Rstuedes24 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:44 pm

SupremeHustle wrote:Bled, GHill, Pat C, Sterling - it's been real. I especially hope Sterling gets a chance somewhere.

I think Conny resigns tbh
KidA24
General Manager
And1: 7,148

Post#37 » by KidA24 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 am

humanrefutation wrote:That alley-oop from Bledsoe to Giannis in their first game together @SAS was positively orgasmic.

Always loved Bled. He was an absolute bulldog on the court on the defensive end.

Loved Hill as well, especially those games when he'd decide to attack. "Aggressive George Hill" was shouted loudly many times by yours truly.
Amos Barshad: "So you got a job, a place to live, a license? What’s left?"

Giannis: “Nothing. Just get a ring now.”
Plossum
General Manager
And1: 4,764

Post#38 » by Plossum » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 am

Will miss Hill. Really solid sixth man and deadly three point shooter. He’ll be tough to replace.

Bledsoe has just been a massive disappointment. Hard to miss him.
#LockUpChuck
coolhandluke121
RealGM
And1: 6,834

Post#39 » by coolhandluke121 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 pm

Other than two Raptors scrubs who played a grand total of 6 minutes in the series, all in garbage time, Hill had the best net rating in the entire ECF. Better than Kawhi, Giannis, Lowry, or Van Vleet. Was great against Boston as well. Fantastic two-player who never hunted his own stats even though he could have scored a lot more. Averaged about 14 ppg on excellent efficiency the whole time Brogdon was out with a foot injury and then went seamlessly back into his veteran glue guy role when Brogdon returned. Underrated defender and athlete. One of the best glue guys of the last decade in the entire NBA. Could have been an all-star if Utah had been in the East and all-star games rewarded defense as much as they reward offense.

Bledsoe was about 40th in PER two years ago and about 60th last year. Of course, PER is a bad stat, but the biggest issue with it is that it doesn't account for defense, which was his calling card. In other words, PER underrates him as a player. He was 11th (!) in the entire NBA in RPM two years ago and still in the ~50th range last year if I'm not mistaken, which is very good. And it's not just because he played with a lot of good players; it is an adjusted plus-minus and the core group played enough minutes together over 2 years (Giannis, Khris, and Bledsoe over 2.5 years) for the RPM to be statistically significant. I know everyone loved his work on Harden, but my favorite Bledsoe stretch was bitch-slapping Kyrie into oblivion with defense. They had lost game 1 and people were talking about Boston pulling an upset, so it was really fun to shut some people up. My favorite Bledsoe stat is hitting over 72% of his fga's within 0-3 feet of the basket in 2018-19. For reference, Shaq's career rate is 74% on similar attempts and Derrick Rose hit 61% of his shots at the rim in his MVP season. Bledsoe hit 58.2% of his 2-point attempts that year. Shaq's career percentage on 2-pointers? 58.3%. :o

It was always going to be an issue with Bledsoe not being able to shoot and fit in with Giannis. Giannis needs to be surrounded with shooters, but Bledsoe deserves to be surrounded with shooters in his own right. I understand the impulse to blame his mental make-up, but the original source of his playoff issues is not being able to shoot. He could have handled it better, but he made a lot of progress mentally because he continued to play well on defense despite not shooting well, which he didn't do against Rozier and Boston in 2018. He has had several very good playoff series before, and I think he could still redeem his playoff reputation eventually in the right situation. The truth is that they should have just started Hill as soon as they acquired him, even though Bledsoe would still ultimately get more minutes. I 100% believe they would have one title if they had done that. I don't think it would have made a difference in the bubble because the team was infected with dark energy, but if not for the pandemic, I think they could have won a title last year with Hill starting and Bledsoe playing 28 mpg off the bench as well. It's worth remembering that Bledsoe had covid and lost a lot of weight. I thought it might be a good thing at first because he has a history of knee injuries, but he might have had some lingering issues.

Not to litigate the trade in this thread, but I would not be at all shocked if we end up wishing we could have Hill, Bledsoe, and #24 back for Jrue, let alone all the other picks. Jrue is obviously an upgrade and good fit, but Hill/Bledsoe were a rock-solid tandem for 2 years and thanks to their defense, you knew you were getting 48 mpg of winning those minutes against opposing PG rotations in almost every game despite the fact that they weren't putting up all-star numbers.
Wut we've got here is... faaailure... to communakate.
will
RealGM
And1: 49,385
Location: Pat's Homestyle Jamaican Restaurant. Shouts to Sheryl's Caribbean Cuisine

Post#40 » by will » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:39 pm

George Hill did the damn thang during the playoffs. Bledsoe? Not so much.

Sentiment aside, they just ain't get it done.

Return to Milwaukee Bucks