ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

AirP.
RealGM
And1: 28,819

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1961 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:20 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
AirP. wrote:
RiverboatRiles wrote:This is overstated. Because of the way the game is played today you can just screen to get any matchup you want. Besides, you never shut down truly elite offensive scorers.

Overstated that they actually have players who have the ability to guard the elite players? Bam doesn't even have the size to guard KD except near the basket and currently there is nobody on the roster who can make Kyrie work for most of his points.

At this point right now, Miami has to hope they can out shoot teams from 3pt range and after next season, they no longer will have cap space to change direction. 2 at or near max contracts with Bam and Butler and then having to pay Robinson, Nunn, Dragic, Crowder. When Butler's deal is up, you're then paying Herro and HOPING he's worth a max at that point.

Miami needs to get their long term identity figured out quick, for a team that was trying to trade Dragic instead of Whiteside just over a year ago, I'm not so sure they're good with this current shoot 3s vs defensive type team, especially when the top 2 players are defensive.

Our top 2 players may be defensive but our Offense is better than our Defense. In the bubble we weren't really stopping teams, they just couldn't really stop us. Other than crunch time our defense left alot to be desired. We really need another Shot blocker and Defensive guard even if we added another star.

I've been posting on this board for now a year that this team needed another defensive big on this team, if I'm able to see that you'd expect Riley was able to see that hence him trying to acquire Noel with Gallo at the trade deadline but instead got NO backup big and then Bam got hurt and this team was screwed.

Time is ticking, Robinson and Nunn are 1 season away from being paid, Bam a year before his new extension kicks in, not sure where the money to upgrade this team will come from unless they consolidate some talent and upgrade.
JLop
Analyst
And1: 7,833

Post#1962 » by JLop » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:21 pm

Giannis needs to ask himself some questions, do they have enough to beat Boston, the Nets with the addition of Harden and Miami with all the improvements that Pat will make during the offseason and at the trade deadline? Did I mention that our young players will improve a lot this season? Does Milwaukee have enough to beat the Lakers or any team that comes out of the West? Antetokounmpo in Miami will become the next LeBron James but if he signs five years with Milwaukee, there is no going back.

We don't know yet if Jrue Holiday is going to sign a new contract with the Bucks, and if he doesn't, that team won't reach anything beyond the second round of the playoffs. If we can trade this season with Sacramento for De'Aaron Fox without sending Tyler Herro or Bam Adebayo, we have to pull the trigger. We don't know what Anthony Davis is going to do in 2021 and Rudy Gobert is another option for us. By signing Rudy Gobert we can trade Bam for any player. We still have a lot of options and there is no need to panic and all of those options make us better than the Bucks.
HEATVols865
General Manager
And1: 6,694

Post#1963 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:21 pm

No Harden. How do people think he fits #HeatCulture? He’s anything but that.

Nice moves by the Bucks but it sounds like the moves the Cavs made before LeBron bolted.

When is the deadline for Giannis to sign an extension?

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Bam is NOT elite but is getting better.
Fire Spoelstra!
Josh Heupel is coming for you.

I’m a proud admirer and lover of BBWs!

Formerly known as Brazilian, QueenOfFairies and HEATlanta.
RexBoyWonder
RealGM
And1: 33,432

Post#1964 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:23 pm

greg4012 wrote:
dean456 wrote:
WHITE_HOT_HEAT wrote:
They are not even close to the scariest team in the east. If our youngins develop as they should, we'd kick them in the nuts this year as well. Jrue and Bogie help, but as long as Giannis is top dog on a team, nothing changes (unless other contenders are derailed by serious injuries).

If you don't understand how different each possession looks with Holiday and Bogdanovic out there instead of Bledsoe and Matthews then I don't know what to tell you. Holiday running the pick and roll with Giannis and Lopez instead of Bledsoe and not to mention adding Holiday who's one of the top defensive guards in the league with two Defensive player of the year candidates in Giannis and Lopez. They are going to be better and I'm not sure how much our young guys improving counters that.

If we can somehow add Oladipo and Gallinari while retaining Herro and Robinson then I'd say yeah we can still beat them however.

What if we add Oladipo and Christian Wood instead?

I feel like I'm alone here on CHristian Wood island. But, if his price is reasonable--that is a young emerging talent that fits what we need perfectly and will likely be a very tradeable contract.

Oladipo - Dragic
Butler - Herro
Robinson - Iggy
Wood - KZ
Bam - Wood

I've brought Wood up before. It's a big gamble on a unproven guy, but he might be that breakout star to get over then hump.

If we could've gotten Wood for 1 year only, he would probably be my #1 priority based on 2 way upside and long term fit.
Chalm Downs wrote:his nickname is boywonder ffs
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#1965 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:25 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:
greg4012 wrote:
dean456 wrote:
If you don't understand how different each possession looks with Holiday and Bogdanovic out there instead of Bledsoe and Matthews then I don't know what to tell you. Holiday running the pick and roll with Giannis and Lopez instead of Bledsoe and not to mention adding Holiday who's one of the top defensive guards in the league with two Defensive player of the year candidates in Giannis and Lopez. They are going to be better and I'm not sure how much our young guys improving counters that.

If we can somehow add Oladipo and Gallinari while retaining Herro and Robinson then I'd say yeah we can still beat them however.

What if we add Oladipo and Christian Wood instead?

I feel like I'm alone here on CHristian Wood island. But, if his price is reasonable--that is a young emerging talent that fits what we need perfectly and will likely be a very tradeable contract.

Oladipo - Dragic
Butler - Herro
Robinson - Iggy
Wood - KZ
Bam - Wood

I've brought Wood up before. It's a big gamble on a unproven guy, but he might be that breakout star to get over then hump.

If we could've gotten Wood for 1 year only, he would probably be my #1 priority based on 2 way upside and long term fit.

No Oladipo. Dude had one good season and people are jizzing all over themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1966 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:27 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:No Harden. How do people think he fits #HeatCulture? He’s anything but that.

Nice moves by the Bucks but it sounds like the moves the Cavs made before LeBron bolted.

Part of HeatCulture is making people buy into the Culture. Whether he fits a scheme is another conversation but he will and Spo would find a way to get him easier looks.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,247

Post#1967 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

I do not understand how this works. But appears the end game would be giving the Heat more draft picks to trade. That is why they are looking to do a S&T for Gallinari.

Sent from my Google Pixel Slate using Tapatalk
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1968 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:33 pm

Bishop45 wrote:Would y'all take Whiteside back for the low? Part of me missed him but he's too much of a pouty bitch that misunderstands key things about the game

IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1969 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:34 pm

bish is toying with our emotions at this point smh
3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1970 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:37 pm

RiverboatRiles wrote:
AirP. wrote:Huh, so why wasn't Dragic moved then? Was only Dallas interested in him last offseason? As fast as the Whiteside trade happened and no other Dragic trade was available you'd think he was kinda wanted more.

I dont think you realize you’re making the point for me. The team did not want to trade Dragic. If it came down to it I think they were willing to move him to Dallas and let Winslow run point if it was the only way to get Jimmy, but just because a guy is valued by other teams doesn’t mean you’re obligated to trade him. The Dallas thing imo was also about accommodating Dragic by teaming him with Doncic instead of sending him to a wasteland.

The team didn't want to trade Dragic but tried to? Why would Miami trade a guy they wanted to keep when Whiteside was traded quickly after the Dragic trade fell through? It's almost like they decided to trade Dragic before trading Whiteside.
HEATVols865
General Manager

Post#1971 » by HEATVols865 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Cmon_Son-_- wrote:
HEATVols865 wrote:No Harden. How do people think he fits #HeatCulture? He’s anything but that.

Part of HeatCulture is making people buy into the Culture. Whether he fits a scheme is another conversation but he will and Spo would find a way to get him easier looks.

Poor % shooting + high volume of shots does not = championships. Never had. Never will.
And Harden wants stats more than anything.

#HEATLifer #VFL

You're welcome LeBron.

Tyler Herro is a TURD.
Fire Spoelstra!

Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#1972 » by Seabass777 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:39 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Bishop45 wrote:
Seabass777 wrote:Miami can't afford to get reckless now, don't make a move for the sake of making a move. Just add to this core without sacrificing big time assets, I think it's time to start looking at guys like Oladipo, Lamarcus and Demar Derozoan, Danillo Gallnari, Demarcus Cousins, adding draft talent to improve the roster.

There are a lot of moves that we can make right now to improve the roster, and still maintain our assets and salary cap flexibility. Don't throw all that away for Harden who will gut our team, or for Beal, when we have a better cost controlled, younger, poor man's Bradley Beal in Herro, (unless we get him for the right price).

If all else fails we can reevaulate in the summer time and make a run for Kawhi, Paul Geroge, and Giannis of course if he does not win again.

Time is an asset too, can't waste too many years of what's left of Jimmy's prime. If we run it back and: Dragic doesn't look the same after a bad injury, or Jae doesn't look the same after a prolific season, or Iggy just doesn't age with grace-- we'd be throwing away our greatest asset
The point of having an asset is to trade them for a player like Harden. Its like the Celtics not trading those draft picks

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

The difference here is the Celtics assets never materialized into 2 wins from an NBA championships. Our current assets did.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
J-House
Veteran
And1: 10,884

Post#1973 » by J-House » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:39 pm

Yoo Gallo in Heat shape would be pretty awesome tbh
AirP.
RealGM

Post#1974 » by AirP. » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:40 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I do not understand how this works. But appears the end game would be giving the Heat more draft picks to trade. That is why they are looking to do a S&T for Gallinari.

Yes it does give Miami more picks they could move but the real endgame is adding Gallinari for lesser players and unprotecting picks that probably won't ever meet the protection criteria. If the younger guys didn't develop as well as they did then you probably don't consider removing those protections.
Seabass777
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,723

Post#1975 » by Seabass777 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:43 pm

DrHeat wrote:Honestly I have never gotten the infatuation with Giannis obviously he is a great player but there is a lot of overlap with Bam who is our second ( and possibly soon) best player.. A team of Bam, Giannis and Butler is heavy on defense but is not very balanced and has not offensive firepower... I think Beal or Harden are much better fits.. we need is someone who can create and score at an elite level especially in the in the playoffs

That's a valid argument, but Giannis is a 2 time MVP, and defensive player of the year, the Heat will find a way to make that work, that is a non-issue.
"Til the last second...Til the last man... We Fight! We Fight! We Fight!"-Together We Rise. #HEATLifer...
RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Post#1976 » by RonaldSeikaly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:53 pm

Seabass777 wrote:
DrHeat wrote:Honestly I have never gotten the infatuation with Giannis obviously he is a great player but there is a lot of overlap with Bam who is our second ( and possibly soon) best player.. A team of Bam, Giannis and Butler is heavy on defense but is not very balanced and has not offensive firepower... I think Beal or Harden are much better fits.. we need is someone who can create and score at an elite level especially in the in the playoffs

That's a valid argument, but Giannis is a 2 time MVP, and defensive player of the year, the Heat will find a way to make that work, that is a non-issue.

Picking and choosing superstars is fantasy basketball. Only one or two change teams any given off-season....So we just need to figure out a way to make it work.

But if you want to play fantasy... the whale that would maximize our stars is Lillard. Bam in the middle, Jimmy cutting, and Lillard spacing would be unstoppable. And I suspect he’s one bad year from asking for trade...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1977 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:55 pm

I'm trying to think about team building a little differently then I have before.

Teams can't plan long term anymore. I hate it, but that's the reality. Stars are dictating everything. They choose the team, they sign short contracts, they get the ring chasers to join, they get the calls - and they're the best and most experienced players.

to win the ship in this NBA you need 3 in prime stars.

We have Bam entering his prime in a year or 2. We have Jimmy in his late prime of another 2-3 years.

Then we have 1 elite role player in Duncan and 1 young guy with star potential in Herro.

It's simple math, if you want Jimmy to still be a key guy on the next championship team - There's only one move.

Trade for a 3rd in prime star, soon as possible. Worry about the future (2024) when it gets here. Focus on 2020-2023. anything beyond 2024 is irrelevant.

For that time span (2020-2023) Herro and Duncan and #20 pick matter a lot less then the star they can net us.

I love Herro and D.Rob, I **** watched multiple horrible Gleague game because I saw something in Duncan.

But if you put the emotions aside, if you focus on maximizing this team chances to win the ship in the next 3 years - the move is to trade anyone but Bam/Jimmy for the biggest available in prime star you can get.
Cmon_Son-_-
Head Coach
And1: 8,734

Post#1978 » by Cmon_Son-_- » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:05 pm

HEATVols865 wrote:
Cmon_Son-_- wrote:

Poor % shooting + high volume of shots does not = championships. Never had. Never will.
And Harden wants stats more than anything.

His point per possession is 1.07. That's elite offense. You have to add context to his efficiency Yeah his fg% is below average but considering he takes most of his shots from 3 so his fg% is going to drop but with his Ft rate and adding 4 to 5 makes from 3 a game you're not really getting anymore efficient offense from any other guard in this league.

But I do believe Spo can scheme him to be slightly more efficient on less shots.
| ̶G̶̶̶i̶̶̶a̶̶̶n̶̶̶n̶̶̶i̶̶̶s̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶1̶̶̶ ̶̶̶ ̶H̶̶̶a̶̶̶r̶̶̶d̶̶̶e̶̶̶n̶̶̶ ̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶2̶̶̶0̶̶̶ ̶ ̶B̶e̶a̶l̶/̶L̶a̶v̶i̶n̶e̶/̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶/̶I̶r̶v̶i̶n̶g̶/̶M̶i̶t̶c̶h̶e̶l̶l̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶3 ̶L̶i̶l̶l̶a̶r̶d̶ ̶2̶.̶0̶ ̶2̶0̶2̶4̶ Jesus 2024| :pray:|
Bishop45
RealGM
And1: 109,471

Post#1979 » by Bishop45 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:14 pm

RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm trying to think about team building a little differently then I have before.

Teams can't plan long term anymore. I hate it, but that's the reality. Stars are dictating everything. They choose the team, they sign short contracts, they get the ring chasers to join, they get the calls - and they're the best and most experienced players.

We have Bam entering his prime in a year or 2. We have Jimmy in his late prime of another 2-3 years.

Then we have 1 elite role player in Duncan and 1 young guy with star potential in Herro.

It's simple math, if you want Jimmy to still be a key guy on the next championship team - There's only one move.

Trade for a 3rd in prime star, soon as possible. Worry about the future (2024) when it gets here. Focus on 2020-2023. anything beyond 2024 is irrelevant.

For that time span (2020-2023) Herro and Duncan and #20 pick matter a lot less then the star they can net us.

I love Herro and D.Rob, I **** watched multiple horrible Gleague game because I saw something in Duncan.

But if you put the emotions aside, if you focus on maximizing this team chances to win the ship in the next 3 years - the move is to trade anyone but Bam/Jimmy for the biggest available in prime star you can get.

Two stars, or superstars (top 15 players) are usually enough tbh
Long Live Winnie. Mamba siempre

Rest in Power Chadwick

#PeaceinGaza #FreedomforPalestine
RexBoyWonder
RealGM

Post#1980 » by RexBoyWonder » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm trying to think about team building a little differently then I have before.

Two stars, or superstars (top 15 players) are usually enough tbh

Depends on the players. I think Bam and Jimmy need that 3rd offensive star to really contend.

Return to Miami Heat