Around the NBA XI

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,538

Re: Around the NBA XI 

Post#881 » by stan francisco » Tue Nov 17, 2020 12:23 pm

tugs wrote:
stan francisco wrote:The Bucks will be the team to come out of the East. They just robbed the Pelicans and the Kings. They’re the team to beat, in the East.

Holiday and Bogdanovic to add to Giannis and Middleton etc is making them a formidable team. Their GM is on it.
The offense is insane but it's the defense that really scares me. Giannis, Jrue, and Middleton on your team's top 3 scorers? Yikes.

I’m not saying we should be worried. The Nets should be worried. And the Heat and the Raptors etc.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#882 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:11 pm

Lol the bucks didnt rob the pelicans. Jrue has a per of 17.1 and commanded Bledsoe, Hill, and 3 first round picks. Pelicans robbed the Bucks because ths Bucks are desperate to keep Giannis.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,511

Post#883 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:12 pm

tugs wrote:
stan francisco wrote:The Bucks will be the team to come out of the East. They just robbed the Pelicans and the Kings. They’re the team to beat, in the East.

Holiday and Bogdanovic to add to Giannis and Middleton etc is making them a formidable team. Their GM is on it.
The offense is insane but it's the defense that really scares me. Giannis, Jrue, and Middleton on your team's top 3 scorers? Yikes.

Bledsoe is a better defender than Jrue. Jrue hasnt been a solid defender for years now.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,805

Post#884 » by Beethoven » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Lol hobos are so desperate to do anything to rid themselves of lou/trez/beverly.
Now they are actually believing Houston would want that load of crap for Westbrook ??

:lol:
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#885 » by Ball so hard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:43 pm

I'm not so sure they robbed the Pelicans. Jrue is a marginal improvement over Bledsoe... Bledsoe is the better defender while Jrue is better on offense. While Jrue isn't a great shooter per se, he's much more willing shoot it. Bledsoe is often very reluctant to take an outside shot. When you factor in Hill's (who is solid in my opinion), I think the Bucks are only marginally better. Bogdan trade is very solid for the Bucks.

What the hell are the Kings doing???
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#886 » by stan francisco » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:58 pm

Ball so hard wrote:

I'm not so sure they robbed the Pelicans. Jrue is a marginal improvement over Bledsoe... Bledsoe is the better defender while Jrue is better on offense. While Jrue isn't a great shooter per se, he's much more willing shoot it. Bledsoe is often very reluctant to take an outside shot. When you factor in Hill's (who is solid in my opinion), I think the Bucks are only marginally better. Bogdan trade is very solid for the Bucks.

What the hell are the Kings doing???

Listening to Shaq?

Rob, call Shaq.

Modern era NBA titles:
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#887 » by stan francisco » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:00 pm

On second thought, the Pelicans get better and Bucks get better, too. The Kings? Well ...

Modern era NBA titles:
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#888 » by Ball so hard » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:08 pm

Rondo reportedly getting 2 year 15 mil offer and MLE offer from the Hawks and Clippers, respectively. How is this even possible lol. Free Agency hasn't even officially begun.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#889 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:10 am

Good. This way Rob gets his numbers early to work it all up with AD and Rondo.

I’d be very surprised if we don’t sign Rondo per AD’s request.

Modern era NBA titles:
tugs
RealGM
And1: 2,923

Post#890 » by tugs » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:22 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
tugs wrote:

Bledsoe is a better defender than Jrue. Jrue hasnt been a solid defender for years now.

I don't know man. Accolades are pretty similar with the All Defense recognitions, defensive stats close with Bledsoe on rebounding, but the rest especially percentages goes to Jrue. Also, durability should be a main consideration. How many games have Bledsoe missed?

And we can't ignore eye test, especially coming from NBA players:
Read on Twitter
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,377

Post#891 » by Danny Darko » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:59 am

Is this for real? Like is this guy exactly this dumb, or is this a "I don't want to play for the wolves" tank job? freaking crazy either way

Read on Twitter
Ball so hard
Sixth Man

Post#892 » by Ball so hard » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:10 pm

tugs wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
tugs wrote:The offense is insane but it's the defense that really scares me. Giannis, Jrue, and Middleton on your team's top 3 scorers? Yikes.

I don't know man. Accolades are pretty similar with the All Defense recognitions, defensive stats close with Bledsoe on rebounding, but the rest especially percentages goes to Jrue. Also, durability should be a main consideration. How many games have Bledsoe missed?

And we can't ignore eye test, especially coming from NBA players:
Read on Twitter

Both are pretty good on defense, though I think Bledsoe is slightly better. Jrue is probably a bit more versatile on defense given his size... this counts for something. Bledsoe's advanced stats are also a bit better. Jrue is not exactly known for being durable either. You can always count on Jrue missing 15+ games per season.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#893 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:48 pm

As scary as that is, Lonzo is still the best guard defender on that team. Watch them get very dangerous next season. We might just face them in the WC Finals.

Modern era NBA titles:
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,235

Post#894 » by tamaraw08 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:27 pm

tugs wrote:

If AD had Jrue, Mirotic (elite shooter), Eric Gordon, Etuane Moore (solid defender) and even (2 years) Cousins and they FAILED to advance, then how can the Bucks with Jrue, Giannis etc?
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,763

Post#895 » by snaquille oatmeal » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:01 pm

Oh snap, Michael Jordan gives Melo his seal of approval to draft him, I guess that makes Melo an automatic bust?
Forum permissions