ImageImageImage

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond...

Moderators: KingDavid, IggieCC, QUIZ, BFRESH44, heat4life, MettaWorldPanda, Wiltside

RonaldSeikaly
Sophomore
And1: 99

Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1981 » by RonaldSeikaly » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:19 pm

Bishop45 wrote:
RexBoyWonder wrote:I'm trying to think about team building a little differently then I have before.

Teams can't plan long term anymore. I hate it, but that's the reality. Stars are dictating everything. They choose the team, they sign short contracts, they get the ring chasers to join, they get the calls - and they're the best and most experienced players.

to win the ship in this NBA you need 3 in prime stars.

We have Bam entering his prime in a year or 2. We have Jimmy in his late prime of another 2-3 years.

Then we have 1 elite role player in Duncan and 1 young guy with star potential in Herro.

It's simple math, if you want Jimmy to still be a key guy on the next championship team - There's only one move.

Trade for a 3rd in prime star, soon as possible. Worry about the future (2024) when it gets here. Focus on 2020-2023. anything beyond 2024 is irrelevant.

For that time span (2020-2023) Herro and Duncan and #20 pick matter a lot less then the star they can net us.

I love Herro and D.Rob, I **** watched multiple horrible Gleague game because I saw something in Duncan.

But if you put the emotions aside, if you focus on maximizing this team chances to win the ship in the next 3 years - the move is to trade anyone but Bam/Jimmy for the biggest available in prime star you can get.

Two stars, or superstars (top 15 players) are usually enough tbh

With 2 they likely need to be top10 and complement each other well. With 3 they don’t need to be quite as good, and they don’t need their skillset to match up quite as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Enso
Head Coach
And1: 23,489

Re: Miami Heat Speculation Thread - 2020 and beyond... 

Post#1982 » by Enso » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:22 pm

Buddy Hield would be sick
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1983 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:23 pm

twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I do not understand how this works. But appears the end game would be giving the Heat more draft picks to trade. That is why they are looking to do a S&T for Gallinari.

Sent from my Google Pixel Slate using Tapatalk

Ok, I just got some clarity what is going on. Heat are likely actively trying to obtain access to first round draft picks to trade. The reason they are willing to do a sign and trade is to trade post 2024 first rounder. Gallinari and OKC S&T may be an option to do so.

Also looking to move back of the 1st for a second round pick and then completely out of the first for a future first to trade post 2022 draft picks.

They appear have a template on what they need to have to complete a trade for a whale. Well hunting is going to be via trade. They must have a specific player and team they are working with and targeting.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
IggieCC
Forum Mod - Heat
Forum Mod - Heat
And1: 239,684

Post#1984 » by IggieCC » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm

3rd best winnng%(73.3%) + most wins(11w) = best true winning % OP
Sole Multiple Banner Holder of 2021-2022 SZN. FACTS
twix2500
RealGM
And1: 22,118

Post#1985 » by twix2500 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:28 pm

twix2500 wrote:
twix2500 wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=20

I do not understand how this works. But appears the end game would be giving the Heat more draft picks to trade. That is why they are looking to do a S&T for Gallinari.

Sent from my Google Pixel Slate using Tapatalk

Ok, I just got some clarity what is going on. Heat are likely actively trying to obtain access to first round draft picks to trade. The reason they are willing to do a sign and trade is to trade post 2024 first rounder. Gallinari and OKC S&T may be an option to do so.

Also looking to move back of the 1st for a second round pick and then completely out of the first for a future first to trade post 2022 draft picks.

They appear have a template on what they need to have to complete a trade for a whale. Well hunting is going to be via trade. They must have a specific player and team they are working with and targeting.

How fast players are moving, they may run out of time before they obtain the trade chips.

Return to Miami Heat