ImageImageImageImageImage

What is Plan B?

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

What is Plan B? 

Post#1 » by B-King » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:31 am

Now that Bucks have fully committed and Giannis seems out of play, what is the game plan?

If all the stars aligned, I would like to see the Dubs trade down twice with Charlotte and Atlanta. They would pick up some young talent or additional draft capital. At 6 there will be a few players that would be an excellent fit.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,656

Re: What is Plan B? 

Post#2 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 am

When was Giannis ever plan A?
B-King
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#3 » by B-King » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:40 am

Fair point, he was the long game or pipe dream depending on how you looked at it.
lars_rosenberg
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,741

Post#4 » by lars_rosenberg » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:45 am

My dream would be Ben Simmons as Draymond replacement, but that's very unlikely at this point.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Post#5 » by Scoots1994 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:20 pm

Pretty sure they have plans for every situation and they are waiting to see what plays out.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#6 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:24 pm

Plan A was a fairy tale that helped some of you get through 2020
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#7 » by ShayDee » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:39 pm

Where is Maestro anyways

I still believe Giannis wants to play with Steph like he said and Honestly anything can still happen. Harden loved Houston just 1 year ago and now he wants out. PG also liked OKC and signed an extension and then was traded a year later.
BballIntellect
Junior
And1: 151

Post#8 » by BballIntellect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:42 pm

The Plan B is make the best draft choice possible, take care of Steph Curry's ankles as much as you can, keep the core and see what happens.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#9 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:36 pm

The Giannis hype was always a win-win situation for me regardless if he stays or goes.

If Warriors get him, yay.

If Warriors don’t get him, we finally get to see Steph start taking over the league again and pick up where he left off before KD came. If Warriors win a championship with their current core, Steph would be proving so many doubters wrong. All those people who said “No Finals MVP. 2015 Dubs were lucky. Then they got lucky KD helped them in 17/18, they can’t win without KD” will eat crow.
#DubNation
BballIntellect
Junior

Post#10 » by BballIntellect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:45 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:The Giannis hype was always a win-win situation for me regardless if he stays or goes.

If Warriors don’t get him, we finally get to see Steph start taking over the league again and pick up where he left off before KD came. If Warriors win a championship with their current core, Steph would be proving so many doubters wrong. All those people who said “No Finals MVP. 2015 Dubs were lucky. Then they got lucky KD helped them in 17/18, they can’t win without KD” will eat crow.

Steph isn't the same as he was then. When the league restarts, he'll be nearly 33 years old. The last time he was the lone superstar on the team was 5 years ago.
donkeylips
Veteran
And1: 1,305

Post#11 » by donkeylips » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:02 pm

Hit on this year and next years drafts
I can hawk a loogie eight feet in the air and catch it with my tongue.
whatisacenter
RealGM
And1: 12,838

Post#12 » by whatisacenter » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:17 pm

BballIntellect wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:The Giannis hype was always a win-win situation for me regardless if he stays or goes.

Steph isn't the same as he was then. When the league restarts, he'll be nearly 33 years old. The last time he was the lone superstar on the team was 5 years ago.

after KD went down in 2019 Curry closed out Houston and swept Portland and was a Klay Injury away from forcing game 7 in the finals...
Madvillain been as high as Kathmandu
And tilted to the side like that fat man's shoe
CS707
Head Coach
And1: 6,269

Post#13 » by CS707 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 4:51 pm

Mini rebuild via the draft the next couple of years and hope Wiggins pans out as a useful player.

And I'm good with that.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#14 » by Flash Falcon X » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:23 pm

whatisacenter wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:

after KD went down in 2019 Curry closed out Houston and swept Portland and was a Klay Injury away from forcing game 7 in the finals...

Yup. Even some Warriors fans are starting to forget how great Steph is.

In 2018-2019 he averaged 27 PPG while shooting 44% on 3s while attempting 12 threes a game.

MVP numbers right there even though Steph had to share the ball with KD who was averaging 26 PPG. Media wanted them two to cancel each other out in any MVP considerations.

Give those KD shots back to Steph and he’s a beast on the court. And he has more chances to get hot since he doesn’t have to hold back for anyone else other than Klay.

People are acting like he’s 40 years old. He’s only 33 and never relied on elite athleticism in the first place. It’s not like he was out there dunking on big men in the paint and blowing past defenders with a hyper athletic first step.

If anything, we’ll see a rejuvenated Steph now that he’s had so much rest, and he’s been working on his body nonstop so he’s probably even stronger than before.

Of course this team still has work to do to build around him and round out the roster, but I’m completely okay if the FO adds a bunch of depth and great role players as opposed to another superstar like Giannis.

Giannis in the Bay would be amazing and I’d love him here, but if we don’t get him, Steph will start his revenge season and remind everyone how deadly he is.
#DubNation
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#15 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:28 pm

Plan A - draft Wiseman, get more rings
Plan B - see plan A
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BballIntellect
Junior

Post#16 » by BballIntellect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:57 pm

Flash Falcon X wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:

In 2018-2019 he averaged 27 PPG while shooting 44% on 3s while attempting 12 threes a game.

MVP numbers right there even though Steph had to share the ball with KD who was averaging 26 PPG. Media wanted them two to cancel each other out in any MVP considerations.

Give those KD shots back to Steph and he’s a beast on the court. And he has more chances to get hot since he doesn’t have to hold back for anyone else other than Klay.

People are acting like he’s 40 years old. He’s only 33 and never relied on elite athleticism in the first place. It’s not like he was out there dunking on big men in the paint and blowing past defenders with a hyper athletic first step.

If anything, we’ll see a rejuvenated Steph now that he’s had so much rest, and he’s been working on his body nonstop so he’s probably even stronger than before.

Of course this team still has work to do to build around him and round out the roster, but I’m completely okay if the FO adds a bunch of depth and great role players as opposed to another superstar like Giannis.

Giannis in the Bay would be amazing and I’d love him here, but if we don’t get him, Steph will start his revenge season and remind everyone how deadly he is.

Trust me, I haven't forgotten how good Steph is. What I'm doing is projecting how good he'll play going forward. And I don't see him playing at an MVP level again. At least not for an entire season. Of course I'd like to be proven wrong. What most people don't consider is that the last meaningful game Steph played was a year and a half ago. That's a hell of a lot of time for a world class athlete not to play competitive sports. We all like to see guys rest but it is never good to not play for a year and a half when you don't suffer any major injury (his hand was three months). Those guys need to play or at some point you start to lose it and 5% less makes the different at the top level. I think Steph will be good next year but he'll probably look like 2014 Steph in terms of his level of play. Of course he'll shoot more threes and play more off ball than at that time. But if you're expecting 2016 Steph to show up next season, you're in for a huge disappointement.
WarriorGM
General Manager
And1: 3,690

Post#17 » by WarriorGM » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:06 pm

BballIntellect wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:
whatisacenter wrote:

Trust me, I haven't forgotten how good Steph is. What I'm doing is projecting how good he'll play going forward. And I don't see him playing at an MVP level again. At least not for an entire season. Of course I'd like to be proven wrong. What most people don't consider is that the last meaningful game Steph played was a year and a half ago. That's a hell of a lot of time for a world class athlete not to play competitive sports. We all like to see guys rest but it is never good to not play for a year and a half when you don't suffer any major injury (his hand was three months). Those guys need to play or at some point you start to lose it and 5% less makes the different at the top level. I think Steph will be good next year but he'll probably look like 2014 Steph in terms of his level of play. Of course he'll shoot more threes and play more off ball than at that time. But if you're expecting 2016 Steph to show up next season, you're in for a huge disappointement.

You've forgotten how good Steph is.
Old_Blue
Starter
And1: 790

Post#18 » by Old_Blue » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:11 pm

I have this terrible feeling that, after missing out on several other trade targets, Myers overpays for Bradley Beal.
GSWFan1994 wrote:I saw signs of David Robinson, Anthony Davis, Chris Bosh & Kevin Garnett while watching Wiseman.
BballIntellect
Junior

Post#19 » by BballIntellect » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:12 pm

WarriorGM wrote:
BballIntellect wrote:
Flash Falcon X wrote:

You've forgotten how good Steph is.

We'll see.
Warriorfan
RealGM
And1: 2,695

Post#20 » by Warriorfan » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:11 am

They will do it the old fashion way through the draft.

After 2022 they will land a major free agent when the core take exemptions ala Duncan Manu

Return to Golden State Warriors