ImageImageImage

NÒMADES D'En Ricky. The Grey Havens.

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,758

Re: No queda ni un continent nou per descobrir; no queden rius per a explorar, ni búfals per a caçar. Per això som NÒMAD 

Post#221 » by matt131 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 6:44 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=19
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Re: No queda ni un continent nou per descobrir; no queden rius per a explorar, ni búfals per a caçar. Per això som NÒMAD 

Post#222 » by PharmD » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:55 pm

OKC is a **** landing spot. It could be okay if they were going to try to win but it looks like they aren't. Will be a super bummer if Ricky finishes his last good years on a tanking team.
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,192

Post#223 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:45 am

I don't actually think this is going to happen.

The Golden Boy + Shai + Papi + Dort + New Zealand Aquaman + Noel is not a good fit for tanking.

They might struggle to fight for an 8th seed but by no means they are a lottery team.

So there will be trades at OKC. Story doesn't end here.

If they try to rebuild looking upside and not downside, they will bring competetive players and Rubio will help them to grow as a team. They risk the No Man's Land but that's not a problem for RR as long as he feels entrusted to lead the team to win.

If they aim for lottery, they will bring scrubs and they will give up their best players in order to get younglings and future picks.
Then, Rubio and probably Papi as well will be traded to another franchises in mode win-now (or at least growing non-tanking teams).

If Presti retains Rubio and tries to loose... that means Presti is an idiot.
Rubio in his prime might ruin every chance to suck to the extent you need to suck if you wanna be high at 2021 Draft; there are plenty of teams out there ready to suck as if tomorrow never comes.

Presti has his strenghts and his frailties but by no means he's an idiot.

In summary:

If Rubio stays, OKC is not tanking.
If OKC wanna tank, Rubio leaves.

Time will tell... I read somewhere Presti can't trade Rubio and Papi 'til next month.
I guess we will know where things are going before that.
-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
-What if they don't listen?
-I kill them and throw them into the sea
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#224 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:58 am

El Hespiritu wrote:
Spoiler:
I don't actually think this is going to happen.

The Golden Boy + Shai + Papi + Dort + New Zealand Aquaman + Noel is not a good fit for tanking.

They might struggle to fight for an 8th seed but by no means they are a lottery team.

So there will be trades at OKC. Story doesn't end here.

If they try to rebuild looking upside and not downside, they will bring competetive players and Rubio will help them to grow as a team. They risk the No Man's Land but that's not a problem for RR as long as he feels entrusted to lead the team to win.

If they aim for lottery, they will bring scrubs and they will give up their best players in order to get younglings and future picks.
Then, Rubio and probably Papi as well will be traded to another frachises in mode win-now (or at least growing non-tanking teams).

If Presti retains Rubio and tries to loose... that means Presti is an idiot.
Rubio in his prime might ruin every chance to suck to the extent you need to suck if you wanna be high at 2021 Draft; there are plenty of teams out there ready to suck as if tomorrow never comes.

Presti has his strenghts and his frailties but by no means he's an idiot.

In summary:

If Rubio stays, OKC is not tanking.
If OKC wanna tank, Rubio leaves.

Time will tell... I read somewhere Presti can't trade Rubio and Papi 'til next month.
I guess we will know where things are going before that.

Whatever team Rubio ends up are you going to leave us for some milk? :(
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#225 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:15 am

SlovenianDragon wrote:Whatever team Rubio ends up are you going to leave us for some milk? :(
My man!!
Where the f*ck were you all this time? I was missing you!

As I said more than once, we RR fans are bounded to him by a sacred oath: wherever he goes, we go.
None of our call.

If it was up on me RR would be playing here 'til his retirement. I was having a great time here with all of you guys.
And I know he was happy the time he was here as well.

My focus will be with his new team, that will be unavoidable. I will root for them from now on.

But you can bet if PHX gets succesful, few RR fans will be happier than me.
If the whole Carlton Banks stuff goes wrong, few RR fans will be more sad than me.

As long the mods don't close this thread, I'll refloat it from time to time.

I won't forget you and I won't be gone for good.

Here and there, I'll return to punish all of you with my unreadable bricks, my horrible nicknames and my weird memes.

Deal with it.

-I tell them: Gentlemen you desist. Your differences are bussiness of your own. We all must care this Refuge's harmony and decorum
SlovenianDragon
Head Coach
And1: 11,031

Post#226 » by SlovenianDragon » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:42 am

El Hespiritu wrote:
SlovenianDragon wrote:Whatever team Rubio ends up are you going to leave us for some milk? :(
Spoiler:
My man!!
Where the f*ck were you all this time? I was missing you!

As I said more than once, we RR fans are bounded to him by a sacred oath: wherever he goes, we go.
None of our call.

If it was up on me RR would be playing here 'til his retirement. I was having a great time here with all of you guys.
And I know he was happy the time he was here as well.

My focus will be with his new team, that will be unavoidable. I will root for them from now on.

But you can bet if PHX gets succesful, few RR fans will be happier than me.
If the whole Carlton Banks stuff goes wrong, few RR fans will be more sad than me.

As long the mods don't close this thread, I'll refloat it from time to time.

I won't forget you and I won't be gone for good.

Here and there, I'll return to punish all of you with my unreadable bricks, my horrible nicknames and my weird memes.

Deal with it.

Well then...

:lol:

But honestly GL with rubio im going to miss him...

I wish I could edit videos id make robin williams be Rubio and the kids that stand on their desk suns players... :)
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Re: NÒMADES OF... eeer... mmmh... honestly, we have no idea. Time will tell. 

Post#227 » by El Hespiritu » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:31 pm

Ok... I changed the title of the thread and I guess it will remain like this or somewhat similar during next three or four weeks.

Then, the waters will clear up and we'll all know where The Golden Boy Ricky Rubio is taking his talents.

I know some OKC fans, I talked with them and they are all adamant about Presti conocting a war machine entirely designed for loosing games Berserk-mode to assault the next Draft with genocidal intentions:

And they all agree with me Ricky just doesn't make sense in that scenario... guy might raise them to the No Man's Land and they are terrified about the idea, so there's a high percentage of probabilities (I'm not Flex, so I won't put numbers on that) The Golden Boy will be traded elsewhere one second after NBA rules allows it.

Point being: Nobody has a clue where will World's MVP play next season.

Read on Twitter

If we read the answers to official 'welcome' Twitt... well... once you spare PHX, MIN, UTA and RR personal fans...OKC fandom is not invested on him at all.

I'm not judging... I just state a fact: most of them don't feel Ricky part of his team.

Legit.

Sooner or later, I will introduce myself at OKC's Real GM thread... would be unpolite doing otherwise.
But I won't start a thread there yet.

Time will tell.
Walt_Uoob
Senior
And1: 403

Post#228 » by Walt_Uoob » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 am

Count me among the many who always wanted Rubio on the Suns, were pumped when we signed him, loved having him here, and would have preferred to keep him on the team. Very sad to see him go and hope he ends up with a team that deserves his spirit and play.

I also really hope he gets moved again because I agree that the OKC roster as it is would definitely contend for the playoffs, and I do NOT want to be in the position of watching a Suns-Thunder first round playoff matchup against Rubio and Oubre!

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Post#229 » by Fo-Real » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:41 pm

Walt_Uoob wrote:Count me among the many who always wanted Rubio on the Suns, were pumped when we signed him, loved having him here, and would have preferred to keep him on the team. Very sad to see him go and hope he ends up with a team that deserves his spirit and play.

I also really hope he gets moved again because I agree that the OKC roster as it is would definitely contend for the playoffs, and I do NOT want to be in the position of watching a Suns-Thunder first round playoff matchup against Rubio and Oubre!

Sent from my moto x4 using RealGM mobile app

BRO, I didn't want him, pitched a fit when hearing we signed him.... AND COMPLETELY CHANGED MY TUNE AFTER A FEW GAMES!!! Loved how Rickey played, orchestrated, unified the team, NO WAY did I think after the year he had that we would trade him!! Figured he would only fit in better with more time together and would retire here!! I feel bad for Ricky, after what he was to this team the past year, he deserved better. The business side of this game SUCKS!!!
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#230 » by El Hespiritu » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:57 pm

No bad feelings.

Ricky is the kind of player everybody belittle when he plays for another team and (almost) everybody loves when plays for their own team.

Is part of his game... what he brings to the table is hard to appreciate when you just read stats or watch him sparse games; you need to look at him game after game after game after game to actually cope what he's doing.

Then you realize how he affects his teammates' game both in defense and attack, how they all get better: the stars get more efficient, the role players shine more, the deep bench looks legit...

Everybody looks beter at court when RR commands the show.

And the best part: he doesn't need the focus and the purpurin.

Any NBA star can keep shining alongside him... he will never steal the starring role, he doesn't act as an Alpha Dog.
He just discreetely runs the team allowing others to be flashy and look good on camera.

Rick Adelman said once something I think describes perfectly the kind of player he is:

Rick Adelman wrote:If we lose the match, Ricky gets 20 points and he's the best of the game... you can't find a player more pissed off and sad in the locker room than him.
If the team wins the game and he had a 1/7 shooting you won't see another player more happy and excited than him in the locker room.

That's it.
That's Ricky Rubio, The Golden Boy from El Masnou.
avempace
Freshman
And1: 47

Post#231 » by avempace » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:55 pm

Who was going to reject to trade Rubio + ... for Conley, is such a big improvement.... sorry, I meant CP3.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,093

Post#232 » by Frank Lee » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:29 pm

So long RR....my favorite Sun, after a long dry spell of none. Mark me down as very disappointed this trade happened. PG was not our problem. He should have been a lifer...the town would have been his.

Los soles perdieron algo de su brillo.

Now we have a hired gun who is looking to notch his holster.

We might be better next yr, but we miss out on 5+ of the Spanish Intransition.

Oh well, may be UHaul will call Rubes for endorsements
What ? Me Worry ?
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,937

Post#233 » by sunsbg » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:45 pm

In two years the team will probably look for a starting PG, so they may decide to bring someone familiar. Dragic 2.0 situation.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,074

Post#234 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:32 am

El Hespiritu wrote:Ricky is the kind of player everybody belittle when he plays for another team and (almost) everybody loves when plays for their own team.

PharmD wrote:OKC is a **** landing spot. It could be okay if they were going to try to win but it looks like they aren't. Will be a super bummer if Ricky finishes his last good years on a tanking team.

What do you think?

Read on Twitter
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#235 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am

bwgood77 wrote:What do you think?
Guy is legit... when you get more consonants into your surname than Wojnarowski, you must be taken seriously. (joking... I know him from long ago and I know his sources are legit).
Let's see how this ends up.
D-Load might play combo but I think this would be a hard strike to his self-confidence.

It would be weird if RR ends up being D'Angelo's CP3.

We'll see...
PharmD
Head Coach
And1: 5,536

Post#236 » by PharmD » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:43 am

bwgood77 wrote:
El Hespiritu wrote:Ricky is the kind of player everybody belittle when he plays for another team and (almost) everybody loves when plays for their own team.

PharmD wrote:OKC is a **** landing spot. It could be okay if they were going to try to win but it looks like they aren't. Will be a super bummer if Ricky finishes his last good years on a tanking team.

What do you think?

Read on Twitter

omg omg omg can't breathe
Fo-Real
General Manager
And1: 4,909

Re: NÒMADES Ex-BlackTrollSuns, now Minnesota TimberTrolls a.C. (after Covid) 

Post#237 » by Fo-Real » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:36 pm

Happy for Ricky!!
El Hespiritu
Bench Warmer

Post#238 » by El Hespiritu » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:35 pm

Mmmh...

Mixed feelings.

He left a lot of friends there and MIN fanbase loves him (there was some people who thinks know something about bball telling Teague was better but now they are all mysteriously gone... some of them even deleted their accounts and made new ones expecting not to be recognized).

TimberTrolls are not supposed to tank... yet, so that's an upgrade over OKC (nice guys at OKC board, btw... I never posted there and they were kind and funny).

Still... I see huge disadjustements on that roster and I guess G-Rose (MIN's GM-PBO) knows about bball enough to see it.
Some people will be traded before deadline.
I can't swear RR has a safe spot there as from now.

Besides... there are some emotional and personal stuff about Ricky and the tundra: Adelman's wife, Flip, his mother... Climatology, memories, feelings... RR is all about emotion and emotions are irrational.

I wanna watch him play even a pre-season scrimmage with new TimberTrolls jersey and look to his eyes while he's playing.

Then, I'll know and I'll tell.
NTB
Suns Forum News Guru
And1: 6,029

Post#239 » by NTB » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Read on Twitter
carey wrote:It is 2-time, every time.
sunsbg
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,937

Post#240 » by sunsbg » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:34 pm

If the team made the playoffs, which was a single shot away or Ayton not being suspended, Ricky is still on the team.

Return to Phoenix Suns