Post#221 » by scoobs07 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:46 pm

Lakers24gm wrote:Lakers Trade:
Kyle Kuzma
Javale Mcgee
Quinn Cook

Rockets Trade:
PJ Tucker
Daniel House

Lakers improve defensively and add some shooting with house. Rockets get younger with Kuz. I think lakers may have to add in a pick?

Would Tucker play stretch 5 like he did in Houston, would AD slide to the 5 or would Tucker be a back up 4/5? It . :lol: would be kibnd of funny if the 6-5 Tucker would defend opposing centers, while the 6-10 AD with the 7-5 wing span would be defending opposing power forwards. :lol:
AmusingFiddle
Rookie
And1: 315

Re: Official trade thread 20-21 edition 

Post#222 » by AmusingFiddle » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:03 pm

No Thanks! Rather keep Kuz. Don't want PJ Tucker who will be in his final year and disgruntled for being underpaid at 8M per.
scoobs07 wrote:
Kyle Kuzma
Javale Mcgee
Quinn Cook

Rockets Trade:
PJ Tucker
Daniel House

Lakers improve defensively and add some shooting with house. Rockets get younger with Kuz. I think lakers may have to add in a pick?

Would Tucker play stretch 5 like he did in Houston, would AD slide to the 5 or would Tucker be a back up 4/5? It . would be kibnd of funny if the 6-5 Tucker would defend opposing centers, while the 6-10 AD with the 7-5 wing span would be defending opposing power forwards.

Sent from my SM-G965U using RealGM mobile app
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,289

Post#223 » by TheHartBreakKid » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:14 pm

Has mcgee made a decision yet regarding his option?
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#224 » by PKABOOICU » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:38 pm

I read something about a KCP sign and trade + Kuzma + Caruso + Picks for Westbrook
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#225 » by Spens1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:03 am

wouldn't give up more than 1 first and giving up Carusgoat would be heartbreaking. Given the lack of market for Westbrook.

KCP + Kuzma + Caruso + McGee (if he opts it) + Cook would be how i would go

Still say the Derozan deal is the easiest to pull off though.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#226 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:10 am

Caruso no. But if they accept a package that can be like that I would try it for sure. Westbrook on the Lakers it's cool more when this team his major strengh it's demolish on transition in the paint and rebounding.

Westbrook right now is cheap. Pelinka should try something to steal that guy
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,540

Post#227 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:42 am

I was a huge PJ Tucker fan. Four years ago. I always loved what he brings but I think his prime might be over.

Caroline and Cacok should do a long ass video session on guys like PJ Tucker, Metta World Peace, Rick Fox, Robert Horry. How to play champion ball while a role player ...
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#228 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:50 am

PKABOOICU wrote:I read something about a KCP sign and trade + Kuzma + Caruso + Picks for Westbrook

I doubt it. Let’s see, we need 1) defense, 2) 3PT shooting. Which of those needs does Westbrook address? Neither.

Westbrook is a horrible fit. We need a Reggie Miller next to AD and LBJ, not a tall Allen Iverson.

In my opinion, Caruso stays unless we’re talking Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson or Brandon Ingram or alike on the other end of the trade. Same with Kuzma. They both cost us no money but produce like starters.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#229 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:38 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:Has mcgee made a decision yet regarding his option?

Trying to figure out the same thing... I saw it reported here that both Bradley and MCGee opted in, but no confirmation...

I guess they haven't decided yet:
https://www.talkbasket.net/110903-javale-mcgee-and-avery-bradley-yet-to-decide-on-their-future-with-lakers
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,222

Post#230 » by Kilroy » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:40 am

stan francisco wrote:
PKABOOICU wrote:I read something about a KCP sign and trade + Kuzma + Caruso + Picks for Westbrook

I doubt it. Let’s see, we need 1) defense, 2) 3PT shooting. Which of those needs does Westbrook address? Neither.

Westbrook is a horrible fit. We need a Reggie Miller next to AD and LBJ, not a tall Allen Iverson.

In my opinion, Caruso stays unless we’re talking Bradley Beal, Klay Thompson or Brandon Ingram or alike on the other end of the trade. Same with Kuzma. They both cost us no money but produce like starters.

Kuzma's about to cost us a whole lot.... I think we need to dump him now and get something in return before he walks for nothing.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#231 » by stan francisco » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:59 am

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Kuzma's about to cost us a whole lot.... I think we need to dump him now and get something in return before he walks for nothing.

Yeah, I think Kuzma’s best career play right now would be to extend his contract with a 1+1 (player option for year two).

He’s not in high demand yet. One more year and he probably will be, but this is not his year to look for the big long term payday.

It happens to work well for us, too. Then we’ll do him a solid in a S&T next season for a long term deal and big money contract.
lazybatman
Sixth Man
And1: 876

Post#232 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:00 am

Beethoven wrote:
Kyle Kuzma
Javale Mcgee
Quinn Cook

Rockets Trade:
PJ Tucker
Daniel House

I like this.

Me too.. love it.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#233 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:54 am

Eww.. NO! Are you a KD burner? Even the Hornets aren't biting on that Russ contract. Why would the Champions?

Caruso = Lakers. Going nowhere, except if Steph decides he wants a change of scenery around the west coast.

-Get Jerami Grant straight up for KCP - $13-16m/Y 60-70m/4Y contract please. Thank You very much! That's a piece that realistically might help keep AD here after Lebron.
-Holiday - full MLE
-PJ Tucker for any combo of Kuz, Cook, McGee, Picks
-Minimums - Korver, Wes Matthews
-Bradley's return crucial for us now that Green's gone. Shroeder kinda covers for some of Rondo's production, but Rondo would be very appreciated if he returns. And Schroeder played off the ball next to CP3 last season, so there shouldn't be any fit issues.

This lineup will slap Harden + Nets around for fun -

Caruso - Rondo / Augustin / Teague
Bradley - Schroeder(6th man - 35mins) - Korver
Bron - Holiday - Wes - THT
Grant - PJ - Dud
AD - Boogie - Dwight / McGee - Kostas

DEPTH - Would have an increased importance in this COVID marred condensed regular season. A twisted ankle could last 12-13 quick games in 3 weeks and occasional COVID(very likely possibility outside the bubble) takes a player out for 4-5 weeks / 20 games. Everyone except Rondo, Boogie & Dwight can easily slide into 2-3 positions for depth and switching on D.

DEFENSE - If the Lakers don't play the load management with the quick restart and condensed season and bring it from the start, we should walk to the regular season finish line with the top DRTG due to the IQ, defensive technique, size and raw athleticism on this team. To have Rondo, Schroeder, Holiday, Wes, PJ and Dwight in the 2nd wave would be unforgiving after that starting unit.

OFFENSE - We don't have an offensive weakness except Dwight.. Finishing last season 30th in 'drives to the basket', we should conservatively add 3-4 ppg because there will be no big camped on Dwight / McGee in the lane. Add 3-6 ppg with the improved quality quality and depth of shooters around 2 of the top 10 distributors EVER. Now add Schroeder's production and Rondo-Boogie-AD trail mix to that and we could end up around the 120 ppg after the initial settling in period.

We need to go for the jugular NOW, cos Lebron's gonna be another year older and Lakers may or may not be champions and the top FA destination next year.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#234 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:04 am

Kilroy wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Yeah.. I'm on the same page. Think a trade serves both Kuz & Lakers well at this point.

He still has some value, as people understand how going from 13 ppg to 18-22 ppg next year may be pretty realistic with more minutes and play calls for him in 23 of the 30 teams that don't have 2 of the top 20 players in the league. That 3.5m contract is a steal for that kinda production. The increased production will also enable him to get paid the way he dreams next year.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#235 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:22 am

siFy wrote:Caruso no. But if they accept a package that can be like that I would try it for sure. Westbrook on the Lakers it's cool more when this team his major strengh it's demolish on transition in the paint and rebounding.

132m/3Y for a 32 year old ain't exactly cheap bro.

Fertita should ask the Morey to take Russ + Harden as a package deal for Simmons + Horford + fillers.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#236 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 am

The only superstar I would wanna add to this roster is Steph Curry if he ever became available. Trade the farm and everybody not named Lebron / AD for him.

Jokes aside, this team needs GOAT level role players around one of the best duos to have ever played together. Stop it with the Russ or Giannis or CP3 trade ideas please.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#237 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:44 am

chefy wrote:Glad to know the FO tried to land Holiday.

But man I really wanted Mike Conley.

good shooter
floor general/pure PG
capable scorer
good defender

value is low right now so it would've been the perfect time to bid for him.

What do you think he signs for? Had some terribly injury prone years off late.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#238 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:52 am

hsfolk wrote:so now NO has Lakers & Bucks war chest of first round picks

And Zion.. :lol: :lol:

Picks rarely turn into the hopes and dreams of GMs.

Ainge should be trying to cash out Hayward and his 1900 picks for Harden right now, but he's not gonna have anything left to pleasure himself with tomorrow night then.
fteru6uhre54ew
Rookie
And1: 645

Post#239 » by fteru6uhre54ew » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:54 am

lazybatman wrote:
siFy wrote:Caruso no. But if they accept a package that can be like that I would try it for sure. Westbrook on the Lakers it's cool more when this team his major strengh it's demolish on transition in the paint and rebounding.

Fertita should ask the Morey to take Russ + Harden as a package deal for Simmons + Horford + fillers.

It's hard trade for him because this team doesn't have contracts like that to trade except AD and Lebron. But right now it's cheap the Rockets are ready to throw him for whatever and the teams doesn't want him. Well that contract **** the coming of another star in 2021 too.
lazybatman
Sixth Man

Post#240 » by lazybatman » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:00 am

siFy wrote:
lazybatman wrote:

It's hard trade for him because this team doesn't have contracts like that to trade except AD and Lebron. But right now it's cheap the Rockets are ready to throw him for whatever and the teams doesn't want him. Well that contract **** the coming of another star in 2021 too.

Bro, I'd be with you on that Russ bus about 3-4 years ago, but athleticism is his biggest asset, which never ages well. He's not a great shooter, which usually ages well.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers