ImageImageImageImageImage

Around the NBA IV

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Re: Around the NBA IV 

Post#1161 » by wco81 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:36 pm

KD left GSW because rings no longer matter to him.

Now he wants the Nets to trade for Harden to supersize their ring chances?
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#1162 » by B-King » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:58 pm

I would love to see the look on Kyrie's face if the Nets sent Irving to Houston for Harden. Karma!!!
Chupchup
Junior
And1: 95

Post#1163 » by Chupchup » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:19 pm

wco81 wrote:KD left GSW because rings no longer matter to him.

Now he wants the Nets to trade for Harden to supersize their ring chances?

Rings matter. How he wins it became the issue. He felt he deserved more credit for taking us to back to back championships. But we all know he's thin skinned and the narrative that he joined a championship team and we really didn't need him always irked him.

Also he wanted the ball in his hands more. So while he initially liked the ball movement offense, he likely didn't love it near the end.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#1164 » by HiRez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:25 pm

I thought Harden and Westbrook wanted out of Houston just because it's a *** show but apparently there's more to it.

Report: James Harden, Russell Westbrook want out of Houston due to owner's Trump support
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#1165 » by Hopper15 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:35 pm

Haha. Nice spin fellas.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#1166 » by Little Digger » Tue Nov 17, 2020 8:45 pm

I don’t blame them..Dude comes on CNBC all the time and comes off as an a**bite
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#1167 » by Mylie10 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:19 pm

Get ready for Deandre Ayton to be a strong player for MIP. Mark it down!

He's going to beast playing with Chris Paul.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
BlackNoir
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#1168 » by BlackNoir » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:48 pm

HiRez wrote:I thought Harden and Westbrook wanted out of Houston just because it's a *** show but apparently there's more to it.

Report: James Harden, Russell Westbrook want out of Houston due to owner's Trump support

News flash: Most owners are Republicans. Most Rich Democrats are Republicans.
Looks at the hypocritical actions of Pelosi and Gavin Newsome, going to parties and ignoring their own tight restrictions.
HiRez
RealGM
And1: 3,578

Post#1169 » by HiRez » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 pm

BlackNoir wrote:
HiRez wrote:I thought Harden and Westbrook wanted out of Houston just because it's a *** show but apparently there's more to it.

Looks at the hypocritical actions of Pelosi and Gavin Newsome, going to parties and ignoring their own tight restrictions.

That may be true but I don't see all the other players trying to bail from their teams over it.
mos_def
Sixth Man
And1: 277

Post#1170 » by mos_def » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:13 pm

I just want to see how the Nets clear 38mil to get Harden. On trade machine I only got to 24
vvoland
Junior
And1: 48

Post#1171 » by vvoland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:04 pm

mos_def wrote:I just want to see how the Nets clear 38mil to get Harden. On trade machine I only got to 24

lavert, dinwiddie and taurean prince make a combined 40.
vvoland
Junior

Post#1172 » by vvoland » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:06 pm

BlackNoir wrote:

I believe you mean most Rich Democrats are fiscally conservative - a debatable statement when you look at where rich democrats live (NYC, SF, LA, SEA) certainly less debatable than the statement you made. Even if one were to agree with your assertion about most owners being republicans (as opposed to conservative economically, liberal socially) that is certainly different than supporting the dumpster fire that is donald trump.
Coxy
RealGM
And1: 14,635

Post#1173 » by Coxy » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:15 pm

Mylie10 wrote:Get ready for Deandre Ayton to be a strong player for MIP. Mark it down!

Fantasy targeting 101.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#1174 » by B-King » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:21 pm

Ayton is legit and potential MIP is a great call.
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#1175 » by mos_def » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:32 pm

vvoland wrote:
mos_def wrote:I just want to see how the Nets clear 38mil to get Harden. On trade machine I only got to 24

lavert, dinwiddie and taurean prince make a combined 40.

I didnt see the PPP on the trade machine. You are correct
mos_def
Sixth Man

Post#1176 » by mos_def » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:33 pm

Coxy wrote:
Mylie10 wrote:Get ready for Deandre Ayton to be a strong player for MIP. Mark it down!

Fantasy targeting 101.

Are we going to do fantasy again???
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,326

Post#1177 » by KevinMcreynolds » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:51 pm

Nets are going to be an absolute trainwreck, good lord
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BlackNoir
Sophomore
And1: 101

Post#1178 » by BlackNoir » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:08 am

vvoland wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:

I believe you mean most Rich Democrats are fiscally conservative - a debatable statement when you look at where rich democrats live (NYC, SF, LA, SEA) certainly less debatable than the statement you made. Even if one were to agree with your assertion about most owners being republicans (as opposed to conservative economically, liberal socially) that is certainly different than supporting the dumpster fire that is donald trump.

Not debatable, their actions have spoken for them already. Nice try trying to pull Trump into the conversation.
Explain the actions of the ones I mentioned..
vvoland
Junior

Post#1179 » by vvoland » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:04 am

BlackNoir wrote:
vvoland wrote:
BlackNoir wrote:

Not debatable, their actions have spoken for them already. Nice try trying to pull Trump into the conversation.
Explain the actions of the ones I mentioned..

I feel no need to explain the actions of POS politicians. Pelosi and Newsome are "most democrats?" I would say they're typical politicians - hypocrites, and that goes across party lines. I did not pull Trump into this conversation, your news flash pulled republicans and rich democrats into the "houston owner's support of trump does not sit well with houston's prominent african american players" conversation.

yes, historically, most nba owners have been republicans. I'm pretty sure the new wave of owners changes that a bit (frittita being the exception, from what I can tell. if you support trump, however, and own a basketball team, be prepared to get blowback from your players. is this current blowback genuine or is it cover to get out of town? different question.

I took exception to your "most rich democrats are republicans" point and your examples of Pelosi and Newsome are not relevant to "most rich democrats." most rich democrats live on the coasts and in major urban centers. These places have consistently voted for higher taxes, more gun control, less restrictions on abortions, etc etc and have been democratic strongholds for everyone from schoolboard member to u.s. president. Not sure how NYC, SF and SEA (you can add Austin, if you want) are republican and I don't think anyone will argue that "most rich democrats" live in these (and similar) cities.
Hopper15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 274

Post#1180 » by Hopper15 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:57 am

Schedule format released. Looks like the Pacific division is only playing the Northwest twice.

Return to Golden State Warriors