Moderator: THE J0KER

skywalker33
Nuggets Forum Mock Draft Champ
And1: 5,252

Re: Nuggets Trades 

Post#821 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:57 am

THE J0KER wrote:
Celtics Offered Gordon Hayward, Three 2020 First Rounders For Jrue Holiday

Another proof of my correct estimation of Jrue Holiday trade value (Harris+Barton+Bol+#22). There is no three FRP, but Bol Bol's value is about a TOP20 pick, if not TOP15. So, my big package for Jrue plan close to what Bucks and Celtics offered.

Would you agree (OR NOT ?) that that was a panic trade ? Not bad talent-wise but an overpayment for sure ....and how will it look if they don't win a chip and he leaves in 2021 free agency ?
Texas Chuck wrote:I'd like to see Utah, and Denver lose

Exactly as I've been saying all along !!
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,338

Post#822 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:19 am

THE J0KER wrote:
Celtics Offered Gordon Hayward, Three 2020 First Rounders For Jrue Holiday

Another proof of my correct estimation of Jrue Holiday trade value (Harris+Barton+Bol+#22). There is no three FRP, but Bol Bol's value is about a TOP20 pick, if not TOP15. So, my big package for Jrue plan close to what Bucks and Celtics offered.

How does what the Celtics offered prove anything with what you wanted to offer?

Hayward is a max deal for a guy who has major injury issues and is about average on defense. Teams are not lining up to trade for him, and those 3 picks are the 14th, 26th, and 30th pick this year.
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#823 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:21 am

TunaFish wrote:Once the Kings traded Bogdan, trading Hield makes little sense but the Kings could be in a meltdown stocking picks. The rumors were right about the Pelicans trading Holiday, so who knows.

Read on Twitter

Heild reportedly asked for a trade, I am sure most teams have checked with the Kings to find out what kind of deal they could get. Personally I would pass on Heild without Bjelica and a pick this year. He is a scorer that cannot do anything else and puts in minimal effort on defense. I don't see how we need him.
ThatBoyNick
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,415

Post#824 » by ThatBoyNick » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:58 am

THE J0KER wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I saw on few different sites like having one of the best packages with Murray and MPJ for Harden, i really really hope we dont do that. I dont mind trading MPJ for right piece but i dont want to trade either Murray or Jokic
If I'm Kroenke, and Harden gives personal agreement he will re-sign with the Nuggets, I would accept that deal! Two true TOP10 players in the same team almost always work, we see it in this century from Lebron-Davis, Durant-Curry, Lebron-Wade, Duncan-Kawhi, Kobe-Gasol, Shaq-Kobe. But Harden seems to me right now not only as someone who wants to win but wants a bigger market too. Another who is against (I guess) is coach Malone which big ego can't deal with another big ego.

I got my fingers crossed for this to happen as a surprise deal out of left field deal.

I'd love to see Harden in Den with Jokic.

Denver's an awesome city, they got a great coaching staff, Jokic is a super skilled/crafty high IQ beast like Harden, they have a great front office, and the team has quality depth. Den's always been one of my favorite teams to watch outside of the Rockets. Watching Harden and Jokic win a ring would be crazy.

And on the Rockets end, that's the best package we could get, I really like Simmons but his lack of a J scares me a bit. Murray is a great base level young talent, and MPJ has tons of potential.

Harden for Murray + MPJ works perfectly salary-wise, but I think a bigger deal could be better for both teams

Harden, Tucker, and House for Murray, MPJ, Plumlee S&T (3/27) + 1 first

Nuggets

Harden / Morris
Harris / McLemore / Criag
Grant / Barton
Tucker / Milsap
Jokic / (MLE)

Rockets

Murray / Mac
Gordon / Nwaba
Ariza / Tate
Porter
Plumlee

+ MLE and whatever WB lands us.
skywalker33

Post#825 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
psimanic1 wrote:I saw on few different sites like having one of the best packages with Murray and MPJ for Harden, i really really hope we dont do that. I dont mind trading MPJ for right piece but i dont want to trade either Murray or Jokic
If I'm Kroenke, and Harden gives personal agreement he will re-sign with the Nuggets, I would accept that deal! Two true TOP10 players in the same team almost always work, we see it in this century from Lebron-Davis, Durant-Curry, Lebron-Wade, Duncan-Kawhi, Kobe-Gasol, Shaq-Kobe. But Harden seems to me right now not only as someone who wants to win but wants a bigger market too. Another who is against (I guess) is coach Malone which big ego can't deal with another big ego.

I got my fingers crossed for this to happen as a surprise deal out of left field deal.

Denver's an awesome city, they got a great coaching staff, Jokic is a super skilled/crafty high IQ beast like Harden, they have a great front office, and the team has quality depth. Den's always been one of my favorite teams to watch outside of the Rockets. Watching Harden and Jokic win a ring would be crazy.

And on the Rockets end, that's the best package we could get, I really like Simmons but his lack of a J scares me a bit. Murray is a great base level young talent, and MPJ has tons of potential.

Harden for Murray + MPJ works perfectly salary-wise, but I think a bigger deal could be better for both teams

Nuggets

Harden / Morris
Grant / Barton
Tucker / Milsap
Jokic / (MLE)

Rockets

Murray / Mac
Gordon / Nwaba
Ariza / Tate
Porter
Plumlee

Keep dreaming, this will NEVER happen, Jokic and Harden aren't a good fit IMO. Murray is a perfect Robin to Joker's Batman and MPJ will become our 3rd star. Harden's Me-first attitude just wouldn't work here.

The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#826 » by The Rebel » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Nuggets

Harden / Morris
Grant / Barton
Tucker / Milsap
Jokic / (MLE)

Rockets

Murray / Mac
Gordon / Nwaba
Ariza / Tate
Porter
Plumlee

I doubt the Nuggets would offer that package for anybody in the league right now, and I doubt the Nuggets would even trade for Harden. From all reports he is the exact type of player our front office stays away from, I don't think we need or want him.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,056

Post#827 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:28 am

ThatBoyNick wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:

Nuggets

Harden / Morris
Grant / Barton
Tucker / Milsap
Jokic / (MLE)

Rockets

Murray / Mac
Gordon / Nwaba
Ariza / Tate
Porter
Plumlee

Denver is probably not the least bit interested in trading Murray - for anyone. He's ideal next to Jokic, absolutely ideal.

Denver is probably not going to trade Porter for anyone. He looks like he'd be a very nice 3rd option with Jokic & Murray.

Jokic, Murray, Porter are all younger than Harden. Their long-term potential is very high.

Harden is an extremely high usage player that spends most of his time with the ball, somewhere near the top of the key. That's where Jokic seems most effective. They do not seem like a good match. I'd go so far as to say that if Houston offered 3 1sts in addition to Harden, Denver would still say no.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets
And1: 6,484

Post#828 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:55 am

HOUSTON: #6, #14, #22, BOS21, DEN22, BOS23, DEN24, Dedmon (Harden)
ATLANTA: Hayward, Harris, Barton, S&T Millsap (#6, Dedmon, Huerter)
BOSTON: James Harden (Brown, Hayward, #14, 2021, 2023)
DENVER: Jaylen Brown, Huerter (Harris, Barton, S&T Millsap, #22, 2022, 2024)
TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#829 » by TunaFish » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:51 pm

THE J0KER wrote:HOUSTON: #6, #14, #22, BOS21, DEN22, BOS23, DEN24, Dedmon (Harden)

So Denver is trading Harris, Barton and three first round picks for Jaylen Brown and Huerter? That's a little steep at least for that many picks. Save the picks and keep Harris and Barton.

Now if you were making that trade for Harden (and he agrees to come here), I am in.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#830 » by THE J0KER » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:36 pm

TunaFish wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:HOUSTON: #6, #14, #22, BOS21, DEN22, BOS23, DEN24, Dedmon (Harden)

So Denver is trading Harris, Barton and three first round picks for Jaylen Brown and Huerter? That's a little steep at least for that many picks. Save the picks and keep Harris and Barton.

Now if you were making that trade for Harden (and he agrees to come here), I am in.
Jaylen Brown at 25y with a team-friendly 100/4 contract is a better asset than 31y Jrue Holiday or 35y Chris Paul, so Brown's trade price is higher. If we want Harden, the price is Murray+Porter OR Jokic.
skywalker33

Post#831 » by skywalker33 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:31 pm

THE J0KER wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

Jaylen Brown at 25y with a team-friendly 100/4 contract is a better asset than 31y Jrue Holiday or 35y Chris Paul, so Brown's trade price is higher. If we want Harden, the price is Murray+Porter OR Jokic.

How is $25MM a yr team-friendly ???? I think you are one 1st round pick too much but otherwise, I'd do it. And no DEN fan should want Harden IMO, he's just not Nugget material.

NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#832 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:09 pm

skywalker33 wrote:
THE J0KER wrote:
TunaFish wrote:

How is $25MM a yr team-friendly ???? I think you are one 1st round pick too much but otherwise, I'd do it. And no DEN fan should want Harden IMO, he's just not Nugget material.

:lol: Team friendly? Well, it is play money the way most owners throw it around - but not to our owner.

I agree with Sky, it's an overpay but I'd agree to it anyway. I love Brown's game on both ends and love his attitude. He's not easily pushed by seems popular with his teammates. Everyone says "quality player, quality man". With Brown at SG and Huerter backing him up, I'd be quite happy.

If we were trading for Harden, I'd suggest firing our GM. Harden is a big-name that just doesn't fit with Jokic.
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#833 » by DaFan334 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:07 pm

I would probably agree to that deal for Brown. His age fits in line with our core and he would be a great fit in general. If we made that, our first-round picks through that time frame probably wouldn't matter very much.

As for Harden, I just don't think he fits and personally, I hate watching him play the game. That said if the trade were something like MPJ, Harris, Barton and a first or two, I would still be pretty excited because we would be in the legit title conversation for the next several years most likely. Trading Murray is a no go though.
NuggetsWY
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#834 » by NuggetsWY » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:03 pm

DaFan334 wrote:I would probably agree to that deal for Brown. His age fits in line with our core and he would be a great fit in general. If we made that, our first-round picks through that time frame probably wouldn't matter very much.

As for Harden, I just don't think he fits and personally, I hate watching him play the game. That said if the trade were something like MPJ, Harris, Barton and a first or two, I would still be pretty excited because we would be in the legit title conversation for the next several years most likely. Trading Murray is a no go though.

I gave you a +1 for the first paragraph - the second paragraph is puzzling. You said; "I just don't think he fits" and then you say "still be pretty excited".

I agree he doesn't fit but I wouldn't be excited if we acquired him and I totally disagree with your last statement "legit title conversation for the next several years".
DaFan334
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,327

Post#835 » by DaFan334 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:30 pm

NuggetsWY wrote:
DaFan334 wrote:I would probably agree to that deal for Brown. His age fits in line with our core and he would be a great fit in general. If we made that, our first-round picks through that time frame probably wouldn't matter very much.

I gave you a +1 for the first paragraph - the second paragraph is puzzling. You said; "I just don't think he fits" and then you say "still be pretty excited".

I agree he doesn't fit but I wouldn't be excited if we acquired him and I totally disagree with your last statement "legit title conversation for the next several years".

I know it was somewhat contradicting but I think its accurate. The media would at least consider us a legit title contender if not the favorite. While Harden wouldn't be a great fit, that is a lot of talent in the starting lineup and ring chasers would definitely jump on board so we would have a chance at a ring or two. I still hate watching James Hardon play, but its the name on the front of the jersey, not the back that matters.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#836 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 am

I'm so exciting! Our front office being aggressive once again!

TunaFish
Head Coach
And1: 5,760

Post#837 » by TunaFish » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:58 am

So Bogdan Bogdanovic is a restricted free agent and his prior (non)-agreement with Milwaukee is null. That raises a unique situation in that his contract salary amount is likely at or above $15 mil a year as per that non agreement and Sacramento would trade him in a sign and trade.

That's less than Garry Harris's salary and Gary is a starter unlike what Milwaukee was trying to send back.

I wonder if there is a possible Serbian connection here.
Canned in Denver.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#838 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 am

If we traded our future (2022?) first for #24 (RJH), it is good trade IMO, because we have no time to develop 2022 pick before 2025. We are in WIN NOW mode next 5 seasons.
THE J0KER
Forum Mod - Nuggets
Forum Mod - Nuggets

Post#839 » by THE J0KER » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:22 am

TunaFish wrote:
Read on Twitter

It is even better scenario, a 2023+ first!

If we re-sign Grant, after drafting another big in Zeke Nnanji, we can use Bol or Zeke with Harris+Barton to get a notable guard starter. But right now is still confusing who is available.

Or we can trade Harris+Barton for potentiality golden maiden 2021 draft picks where maybe high school players will be available, and then use cap space to sign good SG FA (Bogdanovic?)
The Rebel
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#840 » by The Rebel » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:26 am

TunaFish wrote:So Bogdan Bogdanovic is a restricted free agent and his prior (non)-agreement with Milwaukee is null. That raises a unique situation in that his contract salary amount is likely at or above $15 mil a year as per that non agreement and Sacramento would trade him in a sign and trade.

That's less than Garry Harris's salary and Gary is a starter unlike what Milwaukee was trying to send back.

I wonder if there is a possible Serbian connection here.

Both Barton and Harris would work financially and it sounds like Bogdanovic has his eye on another team, I would love for us to get him. Especially if we could do it for Barton and keep our elite perimeter defender as well.

Return to Denver Nuggets