ImageImageImage

Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben?

Moderators: HartfordWhalers, BullyKing, Sixerscan, Foshan, sixers hoops

Would you trade Ben for Harden?

Hell Yes
53%
No way in Hell
47%

Total votes: 101

76ciology
RealGM
And1: 23,416

Re: Harden wants out of Houston...Do you trade Ben? 

Post#121 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:24 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
LeTimmAy wrote:In all the discussion, I do not want to trade either, but isn't it better to have
Horford
Tobias
Thybulle
Simmons
Harden

Than

Embiid
Harris
Thybulle
Harden
Shake
Plus horford

?

I like the second one better.

If you know basketball, second one is better.

Like man..

you can literally have 5 guys who can shoot 3s with the league’s best iso scorer and the league’s best post player? Then have your third best player not be Kyle Kuzma, but a guy who can get you around 20 a game with really good %?
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,740

Post#122 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:25 pm

76ciology wrote:Is there a way for the Nets to trade Dinwiddie, Lavert and picks to get a current star (no Al Horford :lol:) then ship that star to the Rockets?

They should try Russell Westbrook. I hear he's available.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#123 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:28 pm

Like wake the F up.

The only way to salvation is to trade Ben for Harden.

No buts and ifs.
There’s never been a time in history when we look back and say that the people who were censoring free speech were the good guys.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#124 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:30 pm

Negrodamus wrote:
76ciology wrote:Is there a way for the Nets to trade Dinwiddie, Lavert and picks to get a current star (no Al Horford :lol:) then ship that star to the Rockets?

They should try Russell Westbrook. I hear he's available.

:lol:

We will look back and see how Westbrook destroyed the Rox and OKC franchise
76ciology
RealGM

Post#125 » by 76ciology » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:32 pm

Read on Twitter

Please morey do the deal.
Negrodamus
RealGM
And1: 13,740

Post#126 » by Negrodamus » Tue Nov 17, 2020 7:42 pm

I agree. I think there are quite a few fans that think dragging our feet will eventually lead to a deal that doesn't involve Ben. James Harden is the type of player that is not available for the majority of his career. Kawhi, LeBron, Giannis, etc are in that same boat. Sometimes there are extraordinary circumstances that allow players to be available for trade; like what we saw with Kawhi two years ago and what we're seeing now with Harden.

When Harden is traded to the Celtics for Jaylen Brown, Marcus Smart, and picks and the Nets and Celtics are battling it out in the ECF, we can all rest at night knowing that we didn't blink in the trade negotiations with the Rockets and will ride out this poorly fitting star duo till their 30s or whenever they get disgruntled enough to demand a trade.
FireMorey
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,572

Post#127 » by FireMorey » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:12 pm

Someone in Kyle's thread actually said they'd stop being a Sixers fan if they got Harden.

It's absolutely wild how a large contingent of Sixers fans routinely reject the possibility of adding hall of fame caliber players just because they want to stick with their process guys. Remember when a contingent of fans didn't want LeBron in 2018? Now fans don't want Harden.

And after every failed season people wonder why the team hasn't won a title in almost 40 years now.
GoSixersBro
Head Coach
And1: 2,476

Post#128 » by GoSixersBro » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:43 pm

PhilaOwnsBoston wrote:Someone in Kyle's thread actually said they'd stop being a Sixers fan if they got Harden.

It's absolutely wild how a large contingent of Sixers fans routinely reject the possibility of adding hall of fame caliber players just because they want to stick with their process guys. Remember when a contingent of fans didn't want LeBron in 2018? Now fans don't want Harden.

And after every failed season people wonder why the team hasn't won a title in almost 40 years now.

These people for the majority are Simmons fans, not to be confused with Sixers fans.
Here Lies The Process
May 13, 2013 - April 6, 2016
SixthStreet
Sixth Man
And1: 1,536

Post#129 » by SixthStreet » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:12 am

If Brand was in charge of personnel, I'd absolutely ship Simmons out for Harden. With a competent and empowered executive like Morey, the Simmons/Harden choice is not binary. There is a third outcome of roster reconstruction that leans in the Sixers favor because they have Morey that to me, is the reason I fall slightly in the keep Ben camp.
FlyingArrow
Starter
And1: 1,430

Post#130 » by FlyingArrow » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:09 am

I'd rather have Harden than Ben. Not sure I can see a trade that I'd like that the Rockets would want. I'd rather have Harden based on fit and our window to compete for a championship. Long-term, I'd rather have Ben. I wouldn't add any extra value on our side into the trade (Thybulle/picks). I could see giving up an additional expensive starter (Horford, Jrich, Harris) for good, useful, cheaper bench pieces. I don't know if the Rockets would want to do that, though. I don't even know if you can make something like that work salary-wise.

I didn't vote in the poll because it totally depends on the terms of the deal. Straight-up with no additional players or picks, I would do it. But I don't consider it a no-brainer.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#131 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:24 am

Do you guys think Rox would ask a boatload of picks (atleast 3 first round picks) if we offer Ben for Harden?

I think right now, they do.

And if they do, I’d like that situation because Morey would then be more inclined to eventually just do a Ben for Harden deal and looking like a hero by not giving out any additional picks.

While it’s such a high standard that I doubt there’s any team out there can match. Which leads to a less competitive bid war.
kriss73
Analyst
And1: 1,811

Post#132 » by kriss73 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:34 am

When the Clips gave OKC Shai and that boatload of picks, they were buying George AND Kawhi;
Now the Bucks give the Pels a boatload of picks for buying Jrue AND Giannis.
We should give Simmons and an huge haul of picks for buying Harden AND....who else?
That's the problem, imho.
Adam Silver wrote:"Gross incompetence is acceptable; strategic gaming of a flawed system is not."
eyeatoma
RealGM
And1: 10,999

Post#133 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:47 am

76ciology wrote:Do you guys think Rox would ask a boatload of picks (atleast 3 first round picks) if we offer Ben for Harden?

And if they do, I’d like that situation because Morey would then be more inclined to eventually just do a Ben for Harden deal and looking like a hero by not giving out any additional picks.

While it’s such a high standard that I doubt there’s any team out there can match. Which leads to a less competitive bid war.

Question is when will he do it. Right now looks like a holding pattern until we see how the new team looks...
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#134 » by Rastas » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:01 am

Rox will want Ben/Thybulle/21 and 34 for Harden , possibly Kork instead of 34.
or
Embiid/Shake/36/49
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#135 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:33 am

Rastas wrote:Rox will want Ben/Thybulle/21 and 34 for Harden , possibly Kork instead of 34.
or
Embiid/Shake/36/49

LOOOOOL, if they're getting Ben, they're not getting Thybulle or the #21 pick... Cmon man be realistic, just because of the other trades that happened, that doesn't mean we give up a ton of picks. Ben himself would be enough, Harden wants to leave. Ben by himself is better than everythign the Nets have to offer. Through in a couple protected future first rounders, or a few seconds. But all they get is Ben.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#136 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am

kriss73 wrote:When the Clips gave OKC Shai and that boatload of picks, they were buying George AND Kawhi;
Now the Bucks give the Pels a boatload of picks for buying Jrue AND Giannis.
We should give Simmons and an huge haul of picks for buying Harden AND....who else?
That's the problem, imho.

Difference Jrue and George didn't want to leave. The other team really wanted them. We're not the ones desperate right now, the Rockets are.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#137 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:36 am

eyeatoma wrote:
76ciology wrote:Do you guys think Rox would ask a boatload of picks (atleast 3 first round picks) if we offer Ben for Harden?

Question is when will he do it. Right now looks like a holding pattern until we see how the new team looks...

I really see Morey trading Ben, Unless Morey is a guy who prefers just making it to the second round of the playoffs.

My gut feel is teams know stuffs earlier than we do. Like I do think our ownership knew this Harden stuff before it broke the news and they kind of masterplanned to secure it by hiring Doc and Morey. Last season was dragged too long that its impossible to keep team issues at bay.

And right now, morey kind of new all the cards of the rockets that he’s not succumbing to all their bluffs. The problem i see is if Morey would end up outsmarting himself. Like for instance, a third team like the Celts offering Jaylen Brown, kemba and all their picks for Harden and EG.

Like I dont buy into the mindset of this team looking what doc can do with Biid and Ben before exploring any trades. It was a possibility before lakers got even stronger, bucks went all in and Nets possibility of having probably the most talented big 3 in league history. But not now and not with how things are looking.

Listening to morey, i got an impression that he believes that a player’s trade value is driven by a bidwar. Like you can tell me your guy is worth this much but if there’s no demand then it’s fake news. And right now, that Nets offer is a weak offer. Those guys they offered were not star caliber players and picks who’s likely be more at the tail end of the first round.

If Morey offered Ben right now, then he’d outplayed himself by being the highest bidder.

But if the scenario is.. Rox were asking for a lot more than Ben or if there’s a third team who’s offering a more attractive asset than Ben, then that is when I think Morey would consider it as the right move to trade Ben.

I mean.. if Elton was in charge. I think Harden would be a Sixers right now. The problem is... we may have given up Ben and like 5 first round picks.

Just my opinion.
76ciology
RealGM

Post#138 » by 76ciology » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:28 am

Super hot take.

One angle nobody is talking is Ben Simmons.

if I’m Ben, I’m thrilled with the thought of having my own team with the Rox. And at the same time I would feel a lot of pressure from the notorious sixers fans who would expect a lot from me if the team choses Ben over Harden.

Given everything, i think it’s best if he asks for a trade if he ever dont get trade to the Rox.
eyeatoma
RealGM

Post#139 » by eyeatoma » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:39 am

76ciology wrote:
eyeatoma wrote:

I really see Morey trading Ben, Unless Morey is a guy who prefers just making it to the second round of the playoffs.

My gut feel is teams know stuffs earlier than we do. Like I do think our ownership knew this Harden stuff before it broke the news and they kind of masterplanned to secure it by hiring Doc and Morey. Last season was dragged too long that its impossible to keep team issues at bay.

And right now, morey kind of new all the cards of the rockets that he’s not succumbing to all their bluffs. The problem i see is if Morey would end up outsmarting himself. Like for instance, a third team like the Celts offering Jaylen Brown, kemba and all their picks for Harden and EG.

Like I dont buy into the mindset of this team looking what doc can do with Biid and Ben before exploring any trades. It was a possibility before lakers got even stronger, bucks went all in and Nets possibility of having probably the most talented big 3 in league history. But not now and not with how things are looking.

Listening to morey, i got an impression that he believes that a player’s trade value is driven by a bidwar. Like you can tell me your guy is worth this much but if there’s no demand then it’s fake news. And right now, that Nets offer is a weak offer. Those guys they offered were not star caliber players and picks who’s likely be more at the tail end of the first round.

If Morey offered Ben right now, then he’d outplayed himself by being the highest bidder.

But if the scenario is.. Rox were asking for a lot more than Ben or if there’s a third team who’s offering a more attractive asset than Ben, then that is when I think Morey would consider it as the right move to trade Ben.

I mean.. if Elton was in charge. I think Harden would be a Sixers right now. The problem is... we may have given up Ben and like 5 first round picks.

Just my opinion.

I got the same impression too. Everything points to Morey wanting this trade because Harden increases the percentages of getting a championship. He was effusive about Embiid, but not so much Ben in his interview. As I and others have mentioned, especially with the Lakers/Bucks ramping up, we have to hit one out of the park. Small moves will not get us in the same stratosphere as those other teams.
MVP1992
Rookie
And1: 548

Post#140 » by MVP1992 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 am

76ciology wrote:Super hot take.

One angle nobody is talking is Ben Simmons.

if I’m Ben, I’m thrilled with the thought of having my own team with the Rox. And at the same time I would feel a lot of pressure from the notorious sixers fans who would expect a lot from me if the team choses Ben over Harden.

Given everything, i think it’s best if he asks for a trade if he ever dont get trade to the Rox.

Let's just say Harden ends up at the Celtics...

Who do you then shop Simmons to and for who?
9-0

‘We’ll teach Donald Trump a valuable lesson: don’t mess with the women in America unless you want to get the benefit’. Joe Biden

Return to Philadelphia 76ers