Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Booker forecast 

Post#41 » by Jedzz » Mon Nov 2, 2020 6:41 pm

God Squad wrote:
Jedzz wrote:
cberry78 wrote:That dude is 5'11 in shoes, with lifts. He's a talented scorer, but he just doesn't have the height to make it in the League. No amount of character can make up for lacking height in the NBA, especially in this era.

I'm not sure you could ask for much more from a bench PG. In those clips you can see him crossing up and dusting players like Kawhi and Green like walking through water. If he can do that to them... Sure that size is going to be a defensive liability. But from the bench do you really care if he's scoring and setting up others so well? Your other bench players could be better defenders, but players that can't create anything for themselves.
Both past and present, teams keep adding them. There is a role for these guys if they have game. Take a look how many.

Guys like Kyle Lowry at 6ft get things done. DJ Augustine is 5-11.
Kemba is 6-1 on a tall day with a generous yardstick.
Boston's Carson Edwards 5-11, Chris Chiozza Nets 5-11, Trae Young at 6-1 is Atlantas future, Waters 5-10 for Boston,
Clemons 5-9 Rockets addition his past year. JMac 5-11 for MN past year. Did Isaiah Thomas or Barea not last a long while?
The height of all these other players is still a liability. But what they bring to the table can be amazing. Would you pay Kyle Lowry 30 mil like he got last year if he was frozen at his 35 yr old play? Special players are special. But if you can get special for undrafted deals and be able to use them from bench? Now that can be special for a team trying to take the next step.

cberry78 wrote:And please, don't try to talk to Suns fans about whether character matters or not, we almost brought down the entire league in the 80's with our drug scandal. :lol:
I'll take your word for it.

Suns fans. Don't let this Wolf fan sell you on the Timberwolves scraps. No one in the league is going out of their way for McLaughlin lol. IMO suns need to aim higher and get a vet to bring a winning mentality. McLaughlin has been losing his whole career, nothing he can bring from the wolves will help with winning long term. IMO he's only here to test out the Booker market for his Timberpups.

Not sure who you are or what you are selling...are you trying to sell Lowry this offseason? McLaughlin hasn't had a career yet. You don't even know who we are talking about. We are already beyond the reason I came. I've been shut down on that. I was just offering info on a free to claim player.
Flying Colors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,489

Post#42 » by Flying Colors » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:16 am

Now that CP3 is official, does this change any of your predictions about how you think Booker will play this upcoming season?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Post#43 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:06 pm

Flying Colors wrote:Now that CP3 is official, does this change any of your predictions about how you think Booker will play this upcoming season?

Hopefully his defense and 3 pt shooting improve. CP3 may have some impact on his D, but Rubio should have too...CP3 can be more intense though.

His 3 pt % should improve too since CP3 should attract more defenders when spreading the floor than Rubio did..teams would leave him wide open.

Though Paul only shot slightly better than Rubio from 3 last year.
lilfishi22
Forum Mod - Suns
Forum Mod - Suns
And1: 21,613

Post#44 » by lilfishi22 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:55 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Flying Colors wrote:Now that CP3 is official, does this change any of your predictions about how you think Booker will play this upcoming season?

Hopefully his defense and 3 pt shooting improve. CP3 may have some impact on his D, but Rubio should have too...CP3 can be more intense though.

His 3 pt % should improve too since CP3 should attract more defenders when spreading the floor than Rubio did..teams would leave him wide open.

Though Paul only shot slightly better than Rubio from 3 last year.

That's the impression I got from Rubio. I don't think he was above average demanding or intense. He mostly just played but CP3 is a different level of intense, I like that from a leader

As for my expectations of Book, I expect his defense to be improved because he'll also be accountable now and his offense in theory should be even better and at higher efficiency with CP3 orchestrating the offense and drawing defenses.
lilfishi22 wrote:More than ever....we are in the championship or bust endgame
thamadkant
Suns Forum Picker of Cherries
And1: 7,771

Post#45 » by thamadkant » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:26 am

I consider Booker an elite scorer that has an arsenal comparable to Durant... As in he's got the ability shooter over all defenders from inside and outside but also can finish well at the rim. Not as high as Harden... But more versatile than Curry, Curry makes up for it by being the much better outside shooter however.

With that said... I am still sceptical and not sold on Booker being the true Suns Superstar that leads the team to a championship.

But with Chris Paul now... I think the Suns have that two way player and two way leader that can lead the team deep if all things fall into place.

The game is a two way street... You need that player that contributes in both ends... If not... Then he must impact the offensive end at a level of which the player makes eveyy one elevates their game and the system itself is centered around that player... Like Nash... And potentially like Paul.

Booker to me is a third or at best second fidel to a true alpha on a competitive team.

I still believe Ayton can surpass Booker overall...
sasquatchBob
Pro Prospect
And1: 1,449

Post#46 » by sasquatchBob » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:31 pm

JJ Redicks thoughts on Chris Paul trade and its impact on Booker and Suns

;ab_channel=JJRedick
spanishninja
General Manager
And1: 6,131

Post#47 » by spanishninja » Mon Nov 23, 2020 8:41 pm

Aside from defense, the main thing that will improve is frankly just reputation. This guy has always been special, but just without a team around him.

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,800

Post#48 » by Saberestar » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:04 pm

Read on Twitter

Return to Phoenix Suns