Mirotic12
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,482

Re: Ranking These Euro Prospects 

Post#41 » by Mirotic12 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 12:51 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:
Mirotic12 wrote:
Dude, I am 100% certain you never saw young Javtokas.............

Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Maybe you do not know how verticals work? a 7'0 270lbs man having a 48'' vertical is literally physically impossible, like the max vertical record in the NBA combine's history is at 46''

It's like you defending that you ride a dragon to go to work

Dooooodooo lol de

NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,072
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#42 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:31 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Maybe you do not know how verticals work? a 7'0 270lbs man having a 48'' vertical is literally physically impossible, like the max vertical record in the NBA combine's history is at 46''

Dooooodooo lol de

Javale McGee did it better, with like a 32” vertical.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#43 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:15 pm

"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
No-Man
RealGM
And1: 3,479

Post#44 » by No-Man » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:33 pm

Mirotic12 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Fischella wrote:Dude I worked for Robertas for 3 months, I can text him right now

Dooooodooo lol de

:lol:
CalL
Sophomore
And1: 102

Post#45 » by CalL » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:29 pm

UcanUwill wrote:He barely played for Maccabi in Euroleague even when team was raved with injuries, so its hard for me to hype him. I think Hezonja was better Euroleague player at a time, tho they both were 2 big nothings. Afdija is very good in his age competition, winning gold as primary ball handler, he is 6'9 with strong body who can guard multiple positions, very few times he got burn in the Euroleague, he played very good defense covering players from SG to PF position. He also has playmaking potential, but he cant dribble with his left hand, so again hard to hype him as a sure thing, tho he has vision and feel for the game.

He is kinda like Dario Saric but more athletic, tho Saric was more dominant junior player and far more proven in Euroleague at a time he signed with NBA team. So picture Saric with better athleticism, but worse everything else.

To me its a bit crazy he is listed so high in the draft, college class must be absolutely brutal, otherwise I wouldnt justify him being ranked so high.

Out of the players you mentioned, I would say Deni is the worst prospect out of them all for sure.

Avdija is a nice player, but usually i doesn't mean much when someone lights it up at the junior level in Europe. I think Musa was even mor impressive at that level and he looks completely lost in the NBA. If i remember correctly, then most of the top european guys in the NBA (Giannis, Jokic, Gobert, Schröder, Porzingis) never looked really impressive/dominant in Europe. If i would be an NBA excecutive, i would be very cautious to draft european guys who aren't bigs. Usually they can't adapt to the athleticism in the NBA. Avdija has a lot of holes in his game (left hand, athleticism, free throw percentage -> how will his shooting look in the NBA) and i am not sure if he can fix all that. On the other hand he is a solid defender and also a pretty good passer, so i don't think that he will be a complete bust. It will be interesting to see if he can prove his critics wrong.
UcanUwill
RealGM
And1: 28,746

Post#46 » by UcanUwill » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:42 pm

CalL wrote:
UcanUwill wrote:He barely played for Maccabi in Euroleague even when team was raved with injuries, so its hard for me to hype him. I think Hezonja was better Euroleague player at a time, tho they both were 2 big nothings. Afdija is very good in his age competition, winning gold as primary ball handler, he is 6'9 with strong body who can guard multiple positions, very few times he got burn in the Euroleague, he played very good defense covering players from SG to PF position. He also has playmaking potential, but he cant dribble with his left hand, so again hard to hype him as a sure thing, tho he has vision and feel for the game.

He is kinda like Dario Saric but more athletic, tho Saric was more dominant junior player and far more proven in Euroleague at a time he signed with NBA team. So picture Saric with better athleticism, but worse everything else.

To me its a bit crazy he is listed so high in the draft, college class must be absolutely brutal, otherwise I wouldnt justify him being ranked so high.

Out of the players you mentioned, I would say Deni is the worst prospect out of them all for sure.

Avdija is a nice player, but usually i doesn't mean much when someone lights it up at the junior level in Europe. I think Musa was even mor impressive at that level and he looks completely lost in the NBA. If i remember correctly, then most of the top european guys in the NBA (Giannis, Jokic, Gobert, Schröder, Porzingis) never looked really impressive/dominant in Europe. If i would be an NBA excecutive, i would be very cautious to draft european guys who aren't bigs. Usually they can't adapt to the athleticism in the NBA. Avdija has a lot of holes in his game (left hand, athleticism, free throw percentage -> how will his shooting look in the NBA) and i am not sure if he can fix all that. On the other hand he is a solid defender and also a pretty good passer, so i don't think that he will be a complete bust. It will be interesting to see if he can prove his critics wrong.

I made few bold comments here that I still rather have Musa than Avdija, I just dont get how Avdija is better. Musa has been terrible, but he is 21 so I still think he can turn it around, his confidense has been shot in NY, he was passing up open looks and just afraid to shoot it, I hope change of scenery will do him well.I liked him as a prospect more than Avdija. Musa even with weaker body being more of a project that way, was better Euro than Avdija, Avdija is not someone like Pokusevski whose 7 feet bigman, but weights 210 pounds, so you can justify that he is not getting playing time at highest Euro level right now. Avdija is big, strong, athletic, he can play defense, those are the reasons why people are hign on him, but even with all that his coach seemed to had reasons still not play him, so that is very worrysome. I think people will be shocked how bad he will look offensively in the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#47 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:56 pm

Marko Simonovic gets no love ...is it the t-rex aspect or what? SLEEPER
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING

Return to NBA Draft