ImageImageImageImageImage

2020 Draft Thread, Part 2

Moderators: Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose, Sleepy51

Scoots1994
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,023

Re: 2020 Draft Thread, Part 2 

Post#2141 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:56 pm

Knicks traded up in the bottom of the first supposedly as part of a deal to move up at the top of the draft.

Speculation:
#2 for #8, #23, Robinson, and something else. Knox? Future pick?
vvoland
Junior
And1: 83

Post#2142 » by vvoland » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:13 pm

Scoots1994 wrote:Knicks traded up in the bottom of the first supposedly as part of a deal to move up at the top of the draft.

Speculation:

trade down to 4, get carter. trade down from 4 to 8 and pickup 23, Robinson and a lightly protected (top 3?) future first?
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#2143 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 pm

I think I agree with Monte Poole

Usually the draft talk about trades is way overblown and usually you get a few deals, but nowhere near the level of the bluster.

I think we stand pat, and that’s with my homer glasses on.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 182

Post#2144 » by thunderdunk » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:16 pm

It all gets down to whether the Dubs love JW, if MN trades their pick, and who gets taken at 1. I think Bob waits until the last minute to do anything with the #2 pick today. That's what I would do. BTW -- I think the Chicago trade is a no go. You don't win championships in the NBA by adding "good" players. If the Dubs think anybody is a potential All Star at #2, keep the pick -- unless they believe that the guy they want anyway will still be there at 4.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2145 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:19 pm

Little Digger wrote:I would think Chicago had LaMelo targeted

Yeah, I’ve heard both.
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2146 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:21 pm

What about this Dig.....We pick Wiseman at 2, and we send our Minny pick next year to jump up and grab Okoro?

The Minny pick is gold, but also totally unknown in regards to where it will land. I have this feeling that Okoro is going to completely blow up huge.

To give both of those cats in house, it will allow us to fully focus on THIS team moving forward, versus another unknown next year.

Having said all that, I love that Minny pick.
Khoee wrote “
Phase 3
Veteran
And1: 758

Post#2147 » by Phase 3 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:22 pm

Take Wiseman. If Wiseman isn’t there, take the player with the most value as an asset....even if that’s Lamelo.

Not interested in any of these trade down scenarios I’ve seen so far.

The Warriors need a blue chip asset...not a bunch of decent assets. Quality>Quantity....this isn’t the NFL where trading back makes a lot more sense from a strategic standpoint.

With the #2 pick, the goal should be drafting a star or moving the pick in a package for a star. Everything else is just noise.
ShayDee
Rookie
And1: 258

Post#2148 » by ShayDee » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:27 pm

vvoland wrote:
Scoots1994 wrote:Knicks traded up in the bottom of the first supposedly as part of a deal to move up at the top of the draft.

Speculation:

trade down to 4, get carter. trade down from 4 to 8 and pickup 23, Robinson and a lightly protected (top 3?) future first?

Except we won't need Robinson if we have Carter. I might be willing to give Knox/Frank a chance from 4 to 8 and 23. Otherwise 4 for 8 23 and Mavs pick
DAWill1128
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,689

Post#2149 » by DAWill1128 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:37 pm

Every time I hear the Bulls dangling WCJ for our #2 it just lets me know they aren’t that fond of him. They have to be thinking they will be making out like bandits getting rid of WCJ for the opportunity at Wiseman or Ball.

I think what it is is that they drafted WCJ to play inside with Lauri as a high low/inside out combo at the big man spots but it’s not working defensively. WCJ they don’t believe has the size inside to hold down the paint and doesn’t have the foot speed to cover space outside it. Defensively WCJ and Lauri isn’t working so they will keep the better player in Lauri.

If we took WCJ I think we would find that he has a nice game on offense around the hoop but him in our starting 5 is lacking defensively.

I saw the proposal of Warriors use the TPE and send #2 pick for WCJ, Satoransky, and the #4 (Deni/Okoro). I am not big on WCJ, I like Satoransky. Feel like the ceiling might be to low for that group to come out of the West, just because we need a really strong 5th guy for end of games when things get tight.

I am more fond of a bridge trade.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#2150 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:14 pm

People talk about not trading down because the Warriors should take the best player ... the reality is that they may feel the best player will still be on the board later in the draft and they believe everyone else is going to screw it up.

As a hypothetical Hayes and Vassell may end up being the 2 best players in this draft and few have either going in the top 5.
Scoots1994
Lead Assistant

Post#2151 » by Scoots1994 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:15 pm

DAWill1128 wrote:Every time I hear the Bulls dangling WCJ for our #2 it just lets me know they aren’t that fond of him. They have to be thinking they will be making out like bandits getting rid of WCJ for the opportunity at Wiseman or Ball.

I think what it is is that they drafted WCJ to play inside with Lauri as a high low/inside out combo at the big man spots but it’s not working defensively. WCJ they don’t believe has the size inside to hold down the paint and doesn’t have the foot speed to cover space outside it. Defensively WCJ and Lauri isn’t working so they will keep the better player in Lauri.

If we took WCJ I think we would find that he has a nice game on offense around the hoop but him in our starting 5 is lacking defensively.

I saw the proposal of Warriors use the TPE and send #2 pick for WCJ, Satoransky, and the #4 (Deni/Okoro). I am not big on WCJ, I like Satoransky. Feel like the ceiling might be to low for that group to come out of the West, just because we need a really strong 5th guy for end of games when things get tight.

I am more fond of a bridge trade.

Me too. And WCJ is not just show is short areas but his speed moving the ball and up and down the court are limited as well, and his conditioning is an open question. I just don't see the value for the Warriors.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2152 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:17 pm

Lacob said they really like two guys. Is the second Edwards! Because I get the impression that they think they can mold him properly
Khoee wrote “
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,387

Post#2153 » by ILOVEIT » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:27 pm

Phase 3 wrote:Take Wiseman. If Wiseman isn’t there, take the player with the most value as an asset....even if that’s Lamelo.

Not interested in any of these trade down scenarios I’ve seen so far.

The Warriors need a blue chip asset...not a bunch of decent assets. Quality>Quantity....this isn’t the NFL where trading back makes a lot more sense from a strategic standpoint.

With the #2 pick, the goal should be drafting a star or moving the pick in a package for a star. Everything else is just noise.

I have been leaning towards that....F fit....don't we always say take BPA??? But here is the thing...if Warriors trade out of 2 it's because they don't believe that #2 guy is the BPA all things considered. Let's say LMB is really talented but sort of a punk...want that? Edwards has a poor work ethic...want that? Wiseman is machanical and a bit slow and doesn't fit the switching type of modern game...want that?

So it's not that simple. It FEELS like Deni is the guy...for reasons that make sense...big...able to switch...bang. I would say in the first two years...WCJ and Deni would be vastly more impactful than Wiseman.
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#2154 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:28 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-unlikely-take-lamelo-ball-no-2-pick

Warriors unlikely to draft Lamelo so it looks like the pick will be Wiseman or Ant-Man.
tal57
Junior
And1: 92

Post#2155 » by tal57 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:37 pm

The two guys Lacob talked about they like the most I think are
one is Avdija
the second may possibly be Wiseman, given they have kept in constant contact with him, Curry speaking about ejecting size into the team, and I don't think they can add a big though FA or trade near as impactful as Wiseman is, if you add his cost control and future upside into the equation. There are 4-5 more guys they like as a fall back options, but not as much as those two. Unless it is total smock screen.
I think both Chicago and NY are vying for #2 to select Ball. Can the dubs take advantage of it to gauge the best package possible. A lot depends on the package, how much they love Wiseman vs other options and who goes first.
NeoWarriors
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,321

Post#2156 » by NeoWarriors » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:45 pm

Is somebody going to create a live draft thread or are we going to use this one? Would like to have a thread that's not muddled up during the Livecast of the draft.

And can we ban anyone that posts the draft pick before it's announced live? (the one thing that Woj does that annoys me)

Sent from my Golden State Warriors Protoast Elite toaster using RealGM mobile app
jason bourne
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,602

Post#2157 » by jason bourne » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:57 pm

SAKURABA216 wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-unlikely-take-lamelo-ball-no-2-pick

Warriors unlikely to draft Lamelo so it looks like the pick will be Wiseman or Ant-Man.

Hm.. I'm one of those who would be okay with Ws picking LaMelo. While he would be ball dominant and not a fit as a starter, I think he can be first off the bench and run the second team. He also could play some minutes at PG while Steph or Klay are taking a breather. The question is will he be a long term fit for GSW and that may be a negative unless something happens while being with the team. I think he'll be someone who will sell tickets and thus intriguing to teams who don't draft him and already have a big man such as the Knicks. He is a marketing magnet for younger fans and already Puma has given him a $100 million contract with private jet use. IOW, there will likely be a trade for him during the season if not on draft day.

Thus, I don't agree with the report and think the Warriors brass can take advantage and make the best use of LaMelo if they draft him at #2.
“The most contrarian thing of all is not to oppose the crowd but to think for yourself.” Peter Thiel

ImageImage
TB
General Manager
And1: 1,142

Post#2158 » by TB » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:04 pm

I want to do the Celtics trade so I dont have to see the Warriors take Deni over Okoro.
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#2159 » by Mylie10 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:09 pm

jason bourne wrote:
SAKURABA216 wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/bayarea/warriors/nba-draft-rumors-warriors-unlikely-take-lamelo-ball-no-2-pick

Hm.. I'm one of those who would be okay with Ws picking LaMelo. While he would be ball dominant and not a fit as a starter, I think he can be first off the bench and run the second team. He also could play some minutes at PG while Steph or Klay are taking a breather. The question is will he be a long term fit for GSW and that may be a negative unless something happens while being with the team. I think he'll be someone who will sell tickets and thus intriguing to teams who don't draft him and already have a big man such as the Knicks. He is a marketing magnet for younger fans and already Puma has given him a $100 million contract with private jet use. IOW, there will likely be a trade for him during the season if not on draft day.

Thus, I don't agree with the report and think the Warriors brass can take advantage and make the best use of LaMelo if they draft him at #2.

You want Ball? Head back to the General Board
Khoee wrote “
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#2160 » by SAKURABA216 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:12 pm

jason bourne wrote:

I agree completely! If Ant-Man goes #1 then I am 100% on-board with taking LaMelo #2 and flipping him later. Dubs need a back-up PG anyways, and it will be must watch TV even when Steph goes to the bench. They can even have a micro-ball lineup of LaMelo/Steph/ Klay/Wiggins/and Draymond. Granted, they will get killed defensively but the ball movement will be nuts!

Return to Golden State Warriors