Moderators: Marcus, Duke4life831

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Re: 2020 Draft Rumors Thread 

Post#101 » by Ruzious » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:30 pm

Fischella wrote:The Charlotte, Okongwu thing is such an obvious smokescreen

There are no real trade downs or trade outs that work, Wolves and Warriors are likely to stay put, dunno how that's a wildcard

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260200/Bulls-Pistons-Knicks-Discuss-Trading-Up-To-No-2-With-Warriors
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
doordoor123
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,225

Post#102 » by doordoor123 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:45 pm

Ruzious wrote:
Fischella wrote:The Charlotte, Okongwu thing is such an obvious smokescreen

There are no real trade downs or trade outs that work, Wolves and Warriors are likely to stay put, dunno how that's a wildcard

https://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/260200/Bulls-Pistons-Knicks-Discuss-Trading-Up-To-No-2-With-Warriors

The thing that makes this so interesting is that a lot of teams are willing to give up fringe all-star players or even players with good potential. A lot of teams that were supposed to be good didn’t do too well in the playoffs for the last couple years need to reload. There are also a lot of rebuilding teams that want that extra piece to make the jump into the playoffs or into being a contender. It’s a really interesting landscape and I think that’s why it’s possible one or both of those teams make a trade. Even if it doesn’t sound feasible right now all these teams need are a third team to make it work.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#103 » by doordoor123 » Thu Nov 12, 2020 8:01 pm

There are so many rumors right now now hard to keep up with it. Like the Magic using Aaron Gordon and their pick to trade up? I don’t think that’s a bad trade at all. A team like the Suns should consider that. My guess is they want Haliburton and know he’s going to the Celtics if they stay there.
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#104 » by doordoor123 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:11 pm

holy crap. lol
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Kings doing kings things.
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#105 » by nolang1 » Fri Nov 13, 2020 8:40 pm

doordoor123 wrote:holy crap. lol
Read on Twitter
?s=20

Kings doing kings things.

Actually that makes me optimistic they promised Pokusevski (who's the next pick after their seemingly arbitrary cut-off at #19 and conspicuously lacks any workout footage or combine measurements), which would be un-Kings like in terms of being a long-term pick and a player who's more highly rated by analytics than most people's eye tests. Other than that, once you rule out players like Toppin or Jalen Smith (worse versions of Bagley), lead guards who don't shoot well and would fit poorly with Fox, obvious top picks you've interviewed already and wouldn't need to waste one of your 10 in-person workout slots on to know you'd snatch them up if they somehow fell to #12, and someone like Patrick Williams who likely got a promise from Detroit and shut things down, there aren't too many left in that specified range.
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#106 » by Rookie-Mistake » Fri Nov 13, 2020 9:04 pm

Umm. I hate to break this to you. Minnesota hasn't thrown any shade. Very tight lipped. Golden State have been throwing shade everywhere to see what Minnesota are up to.
doordoor123 wrote:
BadWolf wrote:So, is Melo falling out of top 3 or 'LaMelo Ball Going First Overall Has Become Assumption Of Most NBA Teams'

He might go number 1. No one knows anymore. Both Minnesota and Golden State are throwing shade everywhere.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using RealGM mobile app
doordoor123
Lead Assistant

Post#107 » by doordoor123 » Sat Nov 14, 2020 1:11 am

Rookie-Mistake wrote:Umm. I hate to break this to you. Minnesota hasn't thrown any shade. Very tight lipped. Golden State have been throwing shade everywhere to see what Minnesota are up to.
doordoor123 wrote:
BadWolf wrote:So, is Melo falling out of top 3 or 'LaMelo Ball Going First Overall Has Become Assumption Of Most NBA Teams'

He might go number 1. No one knows anymore. Both Minnesota and Golden State are throwing shade everywhere.

I hate to break it to you, but that is a lie. Rosas worked under Morey. If anyone knows how to manipulate the media its Morey. They've had their share of manipulation. They want to make the first pick as valuable as they can to see if a worthy trade is available.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#108 » by Stillwater » Sat Nov 14, 2020 2:42 am

if MINN plays that I picked the bpa card for better trade offers they probably find out the team making legit offers to GSW never wanted Avdija or Edwards or Ball or Wiseman etc anyway.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Rookie-Mistake
Rookie
And1: 390

Post#109 » by Rookie-Mistake » Sat Nov 14, 2020 5:37 am

Haha so your justification of Minnesota apparently throwing shade because he's old boss used to???

Very simple theory from a simple individual.

Off you go.
doordoor123 wrote:
Rookie-Mistake wrote:Umm. I hate to break this to you. Minnesota hasn't thrown any shade. Very tight lipped. Golden State have been throwing shade everywhere to see what Minnesota are up to.
doordoor123 wrote:

I hate to break it to you, but that is a lie. Rosas worked under Morey. If anyone knows how to manipulate the media its Morey. They've had their share of manipulation. They want to make the first pick as valuable as they can to see if a worthy trade is available.

Jamaaliver
Forum Mod - Hawks
Forum Mod - Hawks
And1: 14,470

Post#110 » by Jamaaliver » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:41 am

But this is indisputable: The buzz surrounding the Bulls becoming increasingly focused on Patrick Williams is intensifying by the day.

One league source even went so far as to say he’s under the impression that the Bulls have told the Florida State forward they plan to draft him should they not trade up from No. 4.

While multiple theories exist for all teams at this time of year, several league sources told NBC Sports Chicago they have heard of the Bulls’ growing intrigue in the 6-foot-8 Charlotte native.
NBC Sports Chicago
NotACat
Veteran
And1: 1,299

Post#111 » by NotACat » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:57 am

Jamaaliver wrote:
But this is indisputable: The buzz surrounding the Bulls becoming increasingly focused on Patrick Williams is intensifying by the day.

One league source even went so far as to say he’s under the impression that the Bulls have told the Florida State forward they plan to draft him should they not trade up from No. 4.

While multiple theories exist for all teams at this time of year, several league sources told NBC Sports Chicago they have heard of the Bulls’ growing intrigue in the 6-foot-8 Charlotte native.
NBC Sports Chicago

He'd work well as a small ball 5 next to Coby, Lavine, OPJ, and Lauri. Does that mean WCJ is on the market?
Black Lives Matter
nolang1
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,749

Post#112 » by nolang1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:24 pm

NotACat wrote:
Jamaaliver wrote:

NBC Sports Chicago

He'd work well as a small ball 5 next to Coby, Lavine, OPJ, and Lauri. Does that mean WCJ is on the market?

It does. He and #4 are being discussed for #2 (which if I’m Minnesota I’d just step in and offer #1).
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#113 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:56 pm

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30341609/sources-new-york-knicks-trade-get-no-23-pick-draft-utah-jazz

Knicks move up from 27 to 23 - sending a 2nd rounder (# 38) to Utah. Who is NY targeting?
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#114 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:26 pm

https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/onyeka-okongwu-has-foot-injury-reports-can-wizards-still-take-him
Some folks panic at the thought of a young big with a foot injury. How far does this cause Okongwu to fall?
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#115 » by Alonzo_Morning » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Ruzious wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/onyeka-okongwu-has-foot-injury-reports-can-wizards-still-take-him
Some folks panic at the thought of a young big with a foot injury. How far does this cause Okongwu to fall?

No further than 6
BadWolf
General Manager
And1: 3,238

Post#116 » by BadWolf » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:49 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:
Ruzious wrote:https://www.nbcsports.com/washington/wizards/onyeka-okongwu-has-foot-injury-reports-can-wizards-still-take-him

No further than 6

He's projected to Wizards at 9 mostly.
You think Hawks will take him?
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#117 » by Ruzious » Wed Nov 18, 2020 4:51 pm

Alonzo_Morning wrote:

No further than 6

Now that you mention it, he reminds me of a poor man's Zo.
DeBlazerRiddem
Forum Mod - Blazers
Forum Mod - Blazers
And1: 6,164

Post#118 » by DeBlazerRiddem » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:38 pm

Ruzious wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30341609/sources-new-york-knicks-trade-get-no-23-pick-draft-utah-jazz

Knicks move up from 27 to 23 - sending a 2nd rounder (# 38) to Utah. Who is NY targeting?

Hoping that one of Terry, Lewis or Anthony falls that far? If not, Flynn or Maledon? PG looks to be strong in that part of the draft.
Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#119 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:26 pm

DeBlazerRiddem wrote:
Ruzious wrote:https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30341609/sources-new-york-knicks-trade-get-no-23-pick-draft-utah-jazz

Hoping that one of Terry, Lewis or Anthony falls that far? If not, Flynn or Maledon? PG looks to be strong in that part of the draft.

I mean if they dont move it with 8 its a pretty dumb trade really without knowing who is left available.
I think its obvious they are trying to put together a better pick package to move up for fit purposes with RJ but the reality is its going to cost them the Dallas 21 1st at minimum with 8th overall to get higher than 6th unless they offer Robinson
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Zenzibar
General Manager
And1: 8,286

Post#120 » by Zenzibar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:56 pm

The swap of picks could just be as easy the Knicks absorbing a contract, getting that team's mid 1st for the 23rd pick and one of the bench guys.
Stop All Genocides

Return to NBA Draft