ImageImageImage

Around The NBA

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Around the NBA 

Post#141 » by Stillwater » Tue Jan 7, 2020 11:30 pm

Rockets just waived Gary Clarke. seems a like a Beilein type guy and somebody they should go after. a athletic 3/4 defender that can shoot. and play some at the 5 as well.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,381

Post#142 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 8, 2020 9:19 pm

Stillwater wrote:Rockets just waived Gary Clarke. seems a like a Beilein type guy and somebody they should go after. a athletic 3/4 defender that can shoot. and play some at the 5 as well.

Might be worth a look compared to some of the GL'ers we're re-treading. The Cavs don't look terrible when they have players on the floor with some length interested in trying to defend.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,123

Post#143 » by jbk1234 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 7:07 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#144 » by gflem » Sat Jan 18, 2020 9:45 pm

I read that earlier in the week, just Kryrie being Kryrie. Detonating another locker room with his ego. Smh.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#145 » by Stillwater » Sat Jan 18, 2020 11:57 pm

this is Irving trying to motivate his teammates to follow his lead by talking trash about them to the media... lol dumba..s
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#146 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 4:22 pm

Yeah, I'm not missing the Kyrie-the-Leader phase of his career let alone the seemingly endless injuries.

We really pay a price because Dan won't get out of the way and burn his money hiring a respected+experienced GM to run the show. If you don't want the inmates to ultimately run the asylum, you need someone who both commands and demands respect running the show. Griffin understood the importance of team chemistry, but he was like a field medic trying to patch things up all the time and had to keep both Dan and LeBron happy.

Pat Riley, otoh, was empowered to say no to LeBron and may have lost him partially because of it; but got to hand it to him and Sploestra and how they've managed their rebuild. After trading away all their future picks to prevent a collusion case being raised by the Cavs and Raptors and losing his "big 3" for nothing - he's somehow put together a top team in the East with just a #13 and #14 pick in the past 5 years.

Meanwhile our star of the future (Kyrie Irving) was chasing his buddy Jimmy Butler away from Cleveland while planning his own exit.

At least we got our champoinship ...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#147 » by jbk1234 » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:12 pm

JonFromVA wrote:Yeah, I'm not missing the Kyrie-the-Leader phase of his career let alone the seemingly endless injuries.

We really pay a price because Dan won't get out of the way and burn his money hiring a respected+experienced GM to run the show. If you don't want the inmates to ultimately run the asylum, you need someone who both commands and demands respect running the show. Griffin understood the importance of team chemistry, but he was like a field medic trying to patch things up all the time and had to keep both Dan and LeBron happy.

Pat Riley, otoh, was empowered to say no to LeBron and may have lost him partially because of it; but got to hand it to him and Sploestra and how they've managed their rebuild. After trading away all their future picks to prevent a collusion case being raised by the Cavs and Raptors and losing his "big 3" for nothing - he's somehow put together a top team in the East with just a #13 and #14 pick in the past 5 years.

Meanwhile our star of the future (Kyrie Irving) was chasing his buddy Jimmy Butler away from Cleveland while planning his own exit.

Aside from publicly calling out the best player in the league and chasing him out the door, his construction of the current roster is a mixed bag.

He's basically out of first round picks to trade. He's taken players who already had poor trade values and further cratered them. He waited too long to trade Winslow IMO. Meanwhile, they're burning through another year of Butler's prime and there's a bit of a question as to how much he'll have left in the tank by the time the summer of 2021 rolls around.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#148 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:40 pm

jbk1234 wrote:
JonFromVA wrote:Yeah, I'm not missing the Kyrie-the-Leader phase of his career let alone the seemingly endless injuries.

Aside from publicly calling out the best player in the league and chasing him out the door, his construction of the current roster is a mixed bag.

He's basically out of first round picks to trade. He's taken players who already had poor trade values and further cratered them. He waited too long to trade Winslow IMO. Meanwhile, they're burning through another year of Butler's prime and there's a bit of a question as to how much he'll have left in the tank by the time the summer of 2021 rolls around.

lol, I'm not saying they've formed a dynasty, but they never cratered out like the Cavs and IMO the East is wide open this year, they've got a decent shot to get to the finals.

Riley basically got Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn for nothing and while Winslow's value may have peaked when he had the keys to the team - he's still a valuable member of the team (if he can get healthy).
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#149 » by Stillwater » Thu Jan 23, 2020 5:55 am

Definitely hit on Herro... Fuc.. in mr clutch of sb
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#150 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:25 pm

RIP Kobe.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#151 » by jbk1234 » Sun Jan 26, 2020 9:26 pm

Stillwater wrote:Definitely hit on Herro... Fuc.. in mr clutch of sb

Interestingly enough, the Heat's rookies appear to be hitting the rookie wall and Jimmy is starting sound off about the defense.
cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#152 » by JonFromVA » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:07 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Definitely hit on Herro... Fuc.. in mr clutch of sb

Interestingly enough, the Heat's rookies appear to be hitting the rookie wall and Jimmy is starting sound off about the defense.

It was impressive the energy they were playing with on defense, but the trick is sustaining it (and staying healthy).
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#153 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:48 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

Ainge is getting desperate and time is running out.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#154 » by jbk1234 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:22 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20

cbosh4mvp wrote:
JonFromVA
RealGM

Post#155 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 18, 2020 7:57 pm

JonFromVA wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:

lol, I'm not saying they've formed a dynasty, but they never cratered out like the Cavs and IMO the East is wide open this year, they've got a decent shot to get to the finals.

Riley basically got Duncan Robinson and Kendrick Nunn for nothing and while Winslow's value may have peaked when he had the keys to the team - he's still a valuable member of the team (if he can get healthy).

Facts are facts, whether we like them or not ...
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#156 » by jbk1234 » Sun Nov 29, 2020 11:48 pm

The Batum situation just blows my mind. They only needed to shave $9M to stop from having to waive and stretch him, and the couldn't do it. It will be interesting to see whether Kupchak just sucks at his job, or other teams got too greedy in what they ware asking.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#157 » by Harper4Ferry? » Mon Nov 30, 2020 3:17 am

yeah, eating a full MLE for 2 additional years is a ton.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#158 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 1:03 am

Read on Twitter
?s=20
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Harper4Ferry?
Starter
And1: 78

Post#159 » by Harper4Ferry? » Thu Dec 3, 2020 3:08 am

so today, surely I wasn't the only one sending a profanity laced text to a friend about LeBron actually committing to his team by signing an extension. It was just me, right?
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#160 » by jbk1234 » Thu Dec 3, 2020 4:27 am

Harper4Ferry? wrote:so today, surely I wasn't the only one sending a profanity laced text to a friend about LeBron actually committing to his team by signing an extension. It was just me, right?
I got over it when he signed with the Lakers for three years the first time. Obviously, LBJ didn't want to be here long term. Only a dynasty could've kept him here and Durant signing with the Warriors kind of sealed the deal.

cbosh4mvp wrote:

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers