ImageImageImageImage

Vucevic - Keep or Trade?

Moderators: Knightro, Howard Mass, UCFJayBird, Def Swami, ChosenSavior, SOUL, UCF

Vuc

Keep
33%
Trade
67%

Total votes: 48

Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Vucevic - Keep or Trade? 

Post#1 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Where do you stand in this lifelong argument?
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Re: Vucevic - Keep or Trade? 

Post#2 » by MasterGMer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 8:33 pm

I just want us to go all in on our future. So I voted "Trade"
X_O_Z
Junior
And1: 254

Post#3 » by X_O_Z » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:38 pm

Future..is all I got to say. We need to suck enough to land top 3 picks. Look at Memphis. I honestly don't care about what others believe, we aren't in no position to land big time free agent. We need restart, trade vets for future.
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#4 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:42 pm

I would love to trade most Hennigan players. But Vuc is an easy keep for me. He's an actual All-Star caliber player unlike the others.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
uraverage
Rookie
And1: 461

Post#5 » by uraverage » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm

On the Rebuild side myself. Philly style.
MagicFan101
RealGM
And1: 6,498

Post#6 » by MagicFan101 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:43 pm

I can’t answer this one without context.

Some players on this roster are in the “addition by subtraction” category. We are better off just trading them for whatever we can get and moving on.

Vuc is not that. He is on a good contract and is quite possibly worth more to us than most if not any other team. That makes this difficult.

If a team like Boston or Golden State who need a Center to win a title want to overbid then show me what the deal is. I’ll decide based on context.
Anfernee1
Senior
And1: 431

Post#7 » by Anfernee1 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:46 pm

I rather keep Vucevic since Bamba has been underwhelming so far
Mauro Pedrosa
Analyst
And1: 4,387

Post#8 » by Mauro Pedrosa » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:47 pm

I wanted to read some answers before posting mine, but basically I think Vuc has a super high usage on our team and I don’t see our young guys improving much while he’s here.

He’s earned a lot of money with his skills and he showed heart in these last playoffs but for me it’s time to say thanks for the memories.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#9 » by Blue_and_Whte » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:49 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:I can’t answer this one without context.

Some players on this roster are in the “addition by subtraction” category. We are better off just trading them for whatever we can get and moving on.

Vuc is not that. He is on a good contract and is quite possibly worth more to us than most if not any other team. That makes this difficult.

If a team like Boston or Golden State who need a Center to win a title want to overbid then show me what the deal is. I’ll decide based on context.

My thoughts were headed in this direction. If the rumors of Fournier and AG being on block are true and they're moved for younger players I'd say go for a rebuild. but even then there isn't any pressure or rush to move him. I agree though, if a team wants to overbid for Vucci Mane I'm all ears.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
JBSouthpaw
Analyst
And1: 1,273

Post#10 » by JBSouthpaw » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:50 pm

Mauro Pedrosa wrote:I wanted to read some answers before posting mine, but basically I think Vuc has a super high usage on our team and I don’t see our young guys improving much while he’s here.

He’s earned a lot of money with his skills and he showed heart in these last playoffs but for me it’s time to say thanks for the memories.

With Bamba the alternative, I'm in the keep.
a good shooter would do well with him, he isn't afraid to kick it out.
RookieStar
RealGM
And1: 5,816

Post#11 » by RookieStar » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:54 pm

Yeah.. Im with you. Bamba as an alternative? Then keep Vuc.
basketballRob
RealGM
And1: 10,713

Post#12 » by basketballRob » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:54 pm

I'd rather trade high. If we could get a guy like Anchiuwa who plays similar to Bam, it might make us better in the long run. You need centers that can guard the perimeter.

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
Skin
RealGM
And1: 8,636

Post#13 » by Skin » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:18 pm

TRADE.

People are mistaking this by thinking it's a complete loss. No, it's a TRADE which means we should be getting similar to equal value back in ways that will help this team in a more productive way.
Jett Howard, Franz Wagner, Paolo Banchero, Jonathan Isaac, Wendell Carter Jr
Anthony Black, Cole Anthony, Jalen Suggs, Joe Ingles, Chuma Okeke, Mo Wagner, Goga Bitadze LESSSGOOO!!!
The Real Dalic
RealGM
And1: 7,063

Post#14 » by The Real Dalic » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:26 pm

Skin wrote:TRADE.

People are mistaking this by thinking it's a complete loss. No, it's a TRADE which means we should be getting similar to equal value back in ways that will help this team in a more productive way.

If we can find that, sure. But not many teams would be willing to trade equal or greater value for him. So we'd most likely be trading him at a loss. Which would be okay in a full blown rebuild that we were commited to. Not likely though.
God. Family. Country. Basketball.
drsd
RealGM
And1: 7,915

Post#15 » by drsd » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:47 pm

MagicFan101 wrote:I can’t answer this one without context.

These thoughts are my exact feeling. Look: Vučević is loyal and if he plays out his contract, he could over take Anderson as the Magician with the most games played. Emotionally I want him to achieve that goal. But if a team overpays in a trade, then he's got to go.
IllMagic04
Analyst
And1: 1,807

Post#16 » by IllMagic04 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:49 pm

Im fine either way. If we decide to trade I hope theres a good plan for the future. Cause if Bamba has to play 30+ mins a game theres gonna be alot of losing. Which is fine if thats the plan.

Sent from my SM-G970U using RealGM mobile app
MasterGMer
Veteran
And1: 584

Post#17 » by MasterGMer » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:53 pm

We have to give Bamba a chance. Before this last season, Fultz were averaging like 2 points per game and it was easily been called a bust. Guess what happens now?

Bamba's development takes time and it was expected by our FO.

I wish he could have a breakout season. But we will see...
JF5
RealGM
And1: 3,884

Post#18 » by JF5 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:06 pm

I love him... But he needs to go... I had in my mind for the last 2-3 years that This would transition to the Issac era this offseason (though he's currently out) and that we'd start trading for younger pieces and start competing with a younger core. Obviously that won't be the case looking at the structure of the team and the injuries.

But this has to be an off-season where the transition needs to happen regardless of who is playing. Next year I'll take a down year. But its clear at this point there has to be a soft reset of the squad.

Just no one sided trades. That's all I ask....
Max Power
Head Coach
And1: 1,204

Post#19 » by Max Power » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:48 pm

I am a huge fan of Vucevic. I don’t think he gets the credit he deserves for his play here. He’s been an all star level big man pretty much since he arrived. The team hasn’t won a lot with him here but that’s not on him. He wasn’t supposed to be as good as he has been. He was a salary balancer in the Howard trade. He’s been a stabilizing piece at that position for a decade.

I would like Vuc to be part of things when it turns around. I get the feeling the team is trying to stay semi competitive but infuse some young energy here. I think Gordon, Fournier and DJ are all about to be replaced by younger pieces. But making sure you have something a latch to is why I think Vucevic will be sticking around at least through this year. I would like to see a new all star player here so Vuc can be more of the secondary star he should be in today’s NBA.

Now if the team decides to go full youth, I’d say go ahead and send Vuc to a contender so he can be part of a sustained playoff run.
You look confused...let me fill you in.
Skybox
RealGM
And1: 5,615

Post#20 » by Skybox » Fri Nov 20, 2020 3:58 pm

Keep...he can mesh with old acquisitions like Westbrook, etc OR young surprising star (Cole?). Put Vuc in 2nd position (not distant first like now) and we’re in business...I’m all for moving AG & Evan+ for talent of any age but Vuc is most adaptable of the 3. I wouldn’t turn down something great but no dumping for dumps sake with Vuc.

Return to Orlando Magic