ImageImageImage

lightning poll

Moderator: ijspeelman

choose 3 best scenarios

Poll ended at Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:47 pm

draft bpa regardless of fit at 5 ( see top 4) and thats it maybe buy a 2nd
25%
draft best fit high floor prospect at 5 (Okongwu,Vassell)leaving boom bust types on board (Okoro,Toppin)
25%
draft the highest upside lowest floor freak at 5(Poku,Wiseman) & buy a mid 1st for a solid defender(TBey,)
13%
trade up using a future pick to draft Wiseman or Ball (GSW)
No votes
trade down 3 spots to 8 and 23 (NY)draft bpa wing defender and a stretch big
13%
trade down for mid 1st a late 1st and a late 21 first (Boston)
No votes
trade back into lottery(Halliburton , Hampton, Lewis,etc) for a playmaker keeping 5th for bpa defender(Okongwu/Okoro) using Drummond or Love to get 2nd lottery pick or late teens
13%
trade the farm for #1
No votes
other
13%

Total votes: 8

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

lightning poll 

Post#1 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:47 pm

what would you rather see the Cavs do tonight?
poll runs 24 hrs from now
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Stillwater
RealGM

Re: lightning poll 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:06 pm

I would consider several different scenarios but I would rather see them make a splash and draft Poku or even Hampton either at 8 in a trade back or even just at 5 before they settle for Toppin or Deni for example at 5 even though I would much rather see Okongwu or Okoro in the wine and gold next season.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#3 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:24 pm

Given there are multiple wings in this draft and none are especially sticking out over the others, I'd entertain that NY deal, but wouldn't necessarily constrain myself to "wing defenders".

Yes, I'd consider Okoro and Vassell, but also Avidja (if he falls) and of course Nesmith.

Heck, I'd trade down again if it looked like one of those guys or say Okongwu and his bad foot are falling and would still be available.
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,178

Post#4 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:56 pm

It's hard to know how to answer this without knowing who's available and whether teams have made their best offers or whether they're coming when the Cavs are on the clock.

For instance, if Wiseman is there, I'm turning off the phone and drafting him.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#5 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:49 pm

jbk1234 wrote:It's hard to know how to answer this without knowing who's available and whether teams have made their best offers or whether they're coming when the Cavs are on the clock.

For instance, if Wiseman is there, I'm turning off the phone and drafting him.
Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app

I know but this draft is so fd up as far as so many top prospects not really being great fits for any of the top picking rosters that trades should be the biggest factor tonight.
tleikheen
Analyst
And1: 958

Post#6 » by tleikheen » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:48 am

If there's no trade , Obi Toppin and start the dominos falling on TT ,KLove, and Drummond.
Swing a deal for another pick using Garland and break up the mini mouse backcourt
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:22 pm

Toppin was never the pick lol
Turns out it was smoke to see what offers they'd get and that's it.
Im guessing the Okongwu broken toe and the possibility of resigning TT pushed Okoro slightly ahead.
Avdija went about where i figured because despite the transition passing his half court ability is highly overrated
There were some surprises as far as fit with what i consider better bpas available but overall the amount of trades post lottery definitely lived up to expectations.
I am a little ticked Cle didnt go for Oturu when he slipped to the 2nd regardless of the logjam or if they resign TT. Hopefully Wade proves himself this season instead but hes not got that rim protection
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,392

Post#8 » by JonFromVA » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:18 pm

I'm thinking we couldn't convince the Knicks to throw in more to trade up for Toppin, but that was the play and the reason for the leak.

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers