ImageImageImage

2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll

Moderators: bwgood77, Qwigglez, lilfishi22

Who do you prefer of the following prospects?

Desmond Bane
41%
Saddiq Bey
3%
RJ Hampton
3%
Kira Lewis Jr
14%
Tyrese Maxey
7%
Aaron Nesmith
7%
Isaac Okoro
3%
Jalen Smith
7%
Tyrell Terry
7%
Patrick Williams
7%

Total votes: 29

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,467

Re: 2020 NBA Draft Prospect Watch - Revised Poll 

Post#2521 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm

DirtyDez wrote:Nobody called Cam Johnson last year. NOBODY knows.

The thing is, if we hadn't taken Cam last year, I don't think anyone would be thinking Bane AT ALL, and if we took him at 10, it would be a surprise.

Back to Okoro. With his terrible outside shooting, he really doesn't seem like a Jones pick, however, he does have the defense and the passing.

I think he'd be a good guy to have off the bench surrounded by shooters...since he is great at taking it to the rim.

He seems like a better version of Oubre, particularly taking it to the rim, passing and especially defense.

Of course Oubre is the better shooter though.

I do wonder if the Okoro stuff is a smokescreen though...hoping someone takes him or trades up to take him ahead of us because they think we want him.

But I don't know.

I was trying to think of someone Okoro might be like...takes it to the rim, good finisher, good passer, solid defender...bad shooter, short wingspan.

Made me think of Brandon Clarke...a thicker Brandon Clarke with maybe a better handle...and younger of course.

Though pulling up a comparison, besides 3pt%, FT%, and Assists, which are all simiilar, Clarke kills him across the board everywhere else...defense, shot blocking, TS% 70% to 59%

Triples him in BPM, quadruples him in DBPM.

Clarke with an 84 DRTG, Okoro with 101.3

http://www.tankathon.com/players/compare?players=isaac-okoro--brandon-clarke

Of course Clarke dropped due to age, and probably wingspan and weird shot.

Okoro 3 years younger coming out.
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#2522 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:32 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I think Okoro drops...looking through those teams I just don't see a team that seems like they would draft him..MAYBE Cleveland? Atlanta has as ton of wings. The Knicks could, and he seems kind of like a Thibs type guy, but it seems like they need a shooter given their roster.

Washington seems to be rumored or stuck on Okongwu the whole draft.

And I guess we did a virtual interview with Okoro, and I don't think we would have done virtual interviews unless we like their games, so if he drops there is probably a good chance we take him.

It could be who Flex is talking about since Gambo also mentioned him and I seriously doubt it's Avdija, the other guy he mentioned..we didn't interview him either, but that could have been because we thought there was no way he'd drop. I guess there is a chance he drops.

You never hear him really connected with any team. Seems like he's often mocked to Chicago but they have Markkanen.

Who would want Avdija if he dropped?

Besides us? Lol I hope that if he's there at 10 we will send that through ASAP he would fit in fine and his BBIQ seems to be high level. I'd love to add that kid.
WeekapaugGroove
RealGM
And1: 19,664

Post#2523 » by WeekapaugGroove » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:41 pm

Read on Twitter

Hell of a fit. He has to be the first nba player ever to proudly be reppin the 920 (obscure area code in NE Wisconsin)

Sent from my SM-G986U using RealGM mobile app
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming Wow! What a Ride!-H.S.T.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2524 » by bwgood77 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:46 pm

Slim Charless wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I think Okoro drops...looking through those teams I just don't see a team that seems like they would draft him..MAYBE Cleveland? Atlanta has as ton of wings. The Knicks could, and he seems kind of like a Thibs type guy, but it seems like they need a shooter given their roster.

And I guess we did a virtual interview with Okoro, and I don't think we would have done virtual interviews unless we like their games, so if he drops there is probably a good chance we take him.

It could be who Flex is talking about since Gambo also mentioned him and I seriously doubt it's Avdija, the other guy he mentioned..we didn't interview him either, but that could have been because we thought there was no way he'd drop. I guess there is a chance he drops.

You never hear him really connected with any team. Seems like he's often mocked to Chicago but they have Markkanen.

Besides us? Lol I hope that if he's there at 10 we will send that through ASAP he would fit in fine and his BBIQ seems to be high level. I'd love to add that kid.

I guess my question was "Who here would want Avdija if he dropped?"

I haven't mentioned him in a long time because he is always mocked at like 4th or 5th.

But if he fell to us...would we take him?

And who here would want him over guys like Hayes, Lewis, Bey, Nesmith, Vassell?
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,578

Post#2525 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:47 pm

I just dont trust Okoro.

Too many guys barely hanging on in the league that were top notch defenders with little-to-no offense.

He seriously reminds me of a lessor version of Michael Kidd-Gilchrist.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2526 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:50 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I haven't mentioned him in a long time because he is always mocked at like 4th or 5th.

I would. Kid has a pretty well rounded game. Passing like a point-forward. NBA ready, has been playing against grown men for years now. Doesnt have issues communicating in English like a lot of foreign players (He is fluent). Area he needs to work on the most is his shooting, but its not bad as it currently is.
Its #DUMPSTERFIRE SEASON! #TeamTRAINWRECK -KERRSED- The Mod, The Myth, The Legend
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2527 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:52 pm

Bilas just said on ESPN that Bey is his mid-round sleeper. He shoots just as good as Nesmith, defenders like Okoro, rebounds well, high IQ, is a very polished player.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2528 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Read on Twitter
Slim Charless
General Manager
And1: 6,175

Post#2529 » by Slim Charless » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:57 pm

Kerrsed wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

I would. Kid has a pretty well rounded game. Passing like a point-forward. NBA ready, has been playing against grown men for years now. Doesnt have issues communicating in English like a lot of foreign players (He is fluent). Area he needs to work on the most is his shooting, but its not bad as it currently is.

Would take him and not think twice. If Flex is right about an unexpected player dropping out of the blue than Deni would fit that perfectly. FWIW nbadraft.net had Deni going at 11th as of this morning. I don't think he drops that far but that's easy choice to make if we got to make it.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2530 » by Kerrsed » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:58 pm

Im calling it, Rockets/Blazers will draft Jalen Smith at #16 for the Pistons.
Frank Lee
RealGM
And1: 9,182

Post#2531 » by Frank Lee » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:05 am

Kerrsed wrote:Bilas just said on ESPN that Bey is his mid-round sleeper. He shoots just as good as Nesmith, defenders like Okoro, rebounds well, high IQ, is a very polished player.

those ‘Nova players seem ready made for the NBA

I’d take either Bey btw
What ? Me Worry ?
PHXDraft0358
Freshman
And1: 59

Post#2532 » by PHXDraft0358 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:08 am

DirtyDez wrote:Nobody called Cam Johnson last year. NOBODY knows.

Someone mentioned (last year) the Suns were really high on Cameron Johnson because I remember posting here or having convo that if we’re Drafting an older Prospect I’d prefer Drafting Brandon Clarke lol
Jsbath
Sophomore
And1: 73

Post#2533 » by Jsbath » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:15 am

any link to see it?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#2534 » by bwgood77 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:22 am

Say OKC offered us 25, 28 and 34 for 10. Would you rather have Okoro or Bey or Lewis? Or Riller, Reed AND Vernon Carey, Jr (who it appears they visited along with Riller)
cberry78
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,420

Post#2535 » by cberry78 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:22 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

If Avdija fell to us at 10 and JJ decided to pick him I would trust the process. He's raw with potential and has the chance to be another Bender, but I'd be willing to bet on JJ's talent evaluation over McD's.
"Never argue with an idiot. You'll never convince the idiot that you're correct, and bystanders won't be able to tell who's who." - Mark Twain
Saberestar
RealGM
And1: 14,821

Post#2536 » by Saberestar » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:25 am

bwgood77 wrote:Say OKC offered us 25, 28 and 34 for 10. Would you rather have Okoro or Bey or Lewis? Or Riller, Reed AND Vernon Carey, Jr (who it appears they visited along with Riller)

#10.
Desertfox
Pro Prospect
And1: 819

Post#2537 » by Desertfox » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:36 am

cberry78 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
Slim Charless wrote:

If Avdija fell to us at 10 and JJ decided to pick him I would trust the process. He's raw with potential and has the chance to be another Bender, but I'd be willing to bet on JJ's talent evaluation over McD's.

I would absolutely take him. Bender had the potential to be very good, if only we could develop players. And Avdija is not only further along than Bender he would be coming into a much better situation.
Kerrsed
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#2538 » by Kerrsed » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:41 am

Jsbath wrote:any link to see it?

I hope you know how to use bootleg video sites correctly.

Dont click play on the top video, its fake, you want the bottom one (The one right above the channel listing). Look at the image below for clarity.

Spoiler:
matt131
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,764

Post#2539 » by matt131 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:43 am

Read on Twitter
?s=19
Ghost of Kleine
Master of Tweets
And1: 6,485

Post#2540 » by Ghost of Kleine » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:44 am

Kerrsed wrote:
Read on Twitter

16? Am I missing something here? Was there a trade that just happened?

Return to Phoenix Suns