ImageImageImage

Cavaliers 2020 Draft Discussion.

Moderator: ijspeelman

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Cavaliers 2020 Draft Discussion. 

Post#341 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:38 pm

Right but not after a season as a starter do too many that get demoted get the reps they want even if its actually better for their transition to the league in year 1 had the cavs done ut that way.
Im fine with him coming off the bench but im guessing him and esp Klutch are looking for an exit if that happens.
Fyi now that kpj is being accused of striking s woman that was beating on his sister back in august (probably fabricated given the sudden complaint right after a weapons charge)there are more concerns the cavs front office was anticipating going into the season.
Im guessing he is probably unfortunately history even though there remains a slim chance they give him the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty if proven but that could be awhile
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Revenged25
Analyst
And1: 1,002

Post#342 » by Revenged25 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:45 pm

Stillwater wrote:Right but not after a season as a starter do too many that get demoted get the reps they want even if its actually better for their transition to the league in year 1 had the cavs done ut that way.
Im fine with him coming off the bench but im guessing him and esp Klutch are looking for an exit if that happens.
Fyi now that kpj is being accused of striking s woman that was beating on his sister back in august (probably fabricated given the sudden complaint right after a weapons charge)there are more concerns the cavs front office was anticipating going into the season.
Im guessing he is probably unfortunately history even though there remains a slim chance they give him the benefit of the doubt until proven guilty if proven but that could be awhile

Apparently there was a report back then too, but the story is super sus even if the complaint was made on the day it supposedly happened. Tons of holes in it based on the article I read, though it might've just been bad writing.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#343 » by Stillwater » Tue Nov 17, 2020 11:57 pm

Revenged25 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:Right but not after a season as a starter do too many that get demoted get the reps they want even if its actually better for their transition to the league in year 1 had the cavs done ut that way.

Apparently there was a report back then too, but the story is super sus even if the complaint was made on the day it supposedly happened. Tons of holes in it based on the article I read, though it might've just been bad writing.

My gut tells me the Cavs will be patient esp recently labelled untouchable but i mean a 4th degree felony charge looming could push them over the top esp if someone offers a mid 1st.
I hope they hold and try to work to get him help instead of leaving him out in the cold...he needs to know their love is real otherwise he wont be back imo of course if convicted probably has prior offense which might mean hes out of the league .. sad times
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#344 » by jbk1234 » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:24 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

My gut tells me the Cavs will be patient esp recently labelled untouchable but i mean a 4th degree felony charge looming could push them over the top esp if someone offers a mid 1st.
I hope they hold and try to work to get him help instead of leaving him out in the cold...he needs to know their love is real otherwise he wont be back imo of course if convicted probably has prior offense which might mean hes out of the league .. sad times
No one is offering anything for KPJ right now. That's crazy talk. This is why he slipped to No. 30 last year. He's out of second chances at this point. He'll be lucky if he's not cut.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J327A using RealGM mobile app
cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#345 » by Stillwater » Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:35 am

jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

No one is offering anything for KPJ right now. That's crazy talk. This is why he slipped to No. 30 last year. He's out of second chances at this point. He'll be lucky if he's not cut.

Maybe nobody is offering but if im cle hes not available anyway. Unless the man is convicted of that which he has been allegedly involved in then there is no reason to give up on him or anything.
They knew he had the potential fir off court issues and drafted him anyway. I would be pretty upset if they gave up on him now with no proof and no conviction.
Even f he gets convicted of having a loaded gun he didnt use it will be dropped to a misdemeanor imo and the alleged attack to break up a girl fight never makes trial all of this is media overreacting.
JonFromVA
RealGM
And1: 4,379

Post#346 » by JonFromVA » Wed Nov 18, 2020 3:39 pm

Stillwater wrote:
jbk1234 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:My gut tells me the Cavs will be patient esp recently labelled untouchable but i mean a 4th degree felony charge looming could push them over the top esp if someone offers a mid 1st.

Maybe nobody is offering but if im cle hes not available anyway. Unless the man is convicted of that which he has been allegedly involved in then there is no reason to give up on him or anything.
They knew he had the potential fir off court issues and drafted him anyway. I would be pretty upset if they gave up on him now with no proof and no conviction.
Even f he gets convicted of having a loaded gun he didnt use it will be dropped to a misdemeanor imo and the alleged attack to break up a girl fight never makes trial all of this is media overreacting.

It may depend if the Cavs are counting "strikes" and what they're up to. His "crimes" seem to be primarily those of a 20 year old with money and will hopefully be addressed with maturity, but there may very well be incidents we haven't heard about.
JJ_PR
Analyst
And1: 2,790

Post#347 » by JJ_PR » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:27 pm

I like Precious Achiuwa out of Memphis. I think he can be a modern day 4. He's got a good form on his jumper & is a very good athlete. Also, he's 6'9" with a 7'2" wingspan & a 9'0" standing reach. Those are center measurements.

Another guy I like that is being slept on is Udoka Azubuike. He, like Achiuwa, has insane measurements. This guy has some serious rim protector potential.

Would love to see the Cavs try to get these two guys.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#348 » by gflem » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:55 pm

If the Cavs can acquire an early 2nd or late first I am intrigued by Cassius Stanley, great athlete with good size at the 2. With the KPJ stories floating about it couldn't hurt to add some depth at the 2. Also, I am a fan of Jalen Smith if there is a trade down from 5.
I'm not sure he will last to 23 if the Knick rumors have any truth though.
gflem
Analyst
And1: 276

Post#349 » by gflem » Wed Nov 18, 2020 11:59 pm

Detroit just picked up the 16th pick from Houston. 7 and 16 is better than 8 and 23.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#350 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:50 am

gflem wrote:Detroit just picked up the 16th pick from Houston. 7 and 16 is better than 8 and 23.

7 and 16 would be a dream scenario. Getting both Okoro/Okongwu and Poku would be huge.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#351 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:56 am

here is my last second off the cuff mock but I am by no means that up on what teams are planning with this class so take it with a gos.
https://basketball.realgm.com/nba/draft/draft_simulator/view/810073/
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#352 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 12:57 am

Revenged25 wrote:
gflem wrote:Detroit just picked up the 16th pick from Houston. 7 and 16 is better than 8 and 23.

7 and 16 would be a dream scenario. Getting both Okoro/Okongwu and Poku would be huge.

when did houston get the 16th from Portland lol totally missed that one?
I would definitely trade back to 7 and 16 if all 3 of Okoro Okongwu and Vassell were still available at 5.
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#353 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:11 am

Stillwater wrote:
Revenged25 wrote:

when did houston get the 16th from Portland lol totally missed that one?
I would definitely trade back to 7 and 16 if all 3 of Okoro Okongwu and Vassell were still available at 5.

The only way NYK can beat 7 + 16 is for it to be 8 + Robinson IMO cuz then Drummond can be shipped out for contracts + picks to a team like the Mavs.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#354 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:28 am

top 3 taken like chalk so far interested if any trades happen post pick but a little surprised GSW did not move the pick immediately
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#355 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:30 am

PWILL at 4 is a huge gamble by CHI imo
He has the upside but man thats an overpick
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#356 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:31 am

Deni is available, don't make this hard, pick Deni. Though if you can get #7 + #16 or #8 and Robinson take that and get Okoro + others. Else it needs to be Deni here.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#357 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:33 am

Okongwu Okoro or trade down if they want somebody else imo
Revenged25
Analyst

Post#358 » by Revenged25 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

Stillwater wrote:Okongwu Okoro or trade down if they want somebody else imo

Deni or #7 + #16 or #8 + Robinson
jbk1234
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 32,121

Post#359 » by jbk1234 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:34 am

Stillwater wrote:Okongwu Okoro or trade down if they want somebody else imo
Just take Okongwu.

cbosh4mvp wrote:
Jarret Allen isn’t winning you anything. Garland won’t show up in the playoffs. Mobley is a glorified dunk man. Mitchell has some experience but is a liability on defense. To me, the Cavs are a treadmill team.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#360 » by Stillwater » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:37 am

bingo

Return to Cleveland Cavaliers