TheNetsFan
Head Coach
And1: 2,597

Re: Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#181 » by TheNetsFan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:09 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Claud wrote:
MrDollarBills wrote:
Think bigger picture. We just suddenly traded for two guards within the last 48 hours. why?

Good point but still not sure I'm 100% this trade. Especially if you consider how well Marks has drafted over the years.

I need to process this move, first reaction is disappointment.

We are loading up on guards. That means a trade is most likely coming.

Yes, but is it the trade we're thinking of, which is for yet another guard? The Brown & Shamet deals seem to clearly indicate at least Dinwiddie is gone. Possibly LeVert or Harris as well. It still sounds like we're more ready to trade for a big rather than guards for guard though.

Also feels like it means that Temple, TJ, Chiozza & Crawford won't be back.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,532

Post#182 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:11 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:Shamet can score. In my opinion Nets didn't see value at this spot and went with a more experienced player.

How did Shamet do in the playoffs? Can’t score when sitting on the bench behind two all stars and still couldn’t get looks.

We had a chance to haul a rookie with upside on a controllable contract. Even offered appeal for a bigger trade, Bey adds value to a trade for those Harden level type players...

Shamet is a joke if not scoring... scoring wasn’t going to be a problem.... only makes sense if both levert and Spencer are gone... and if they are and someone like Harden came, Shamet STILL doesn’t have a place here!

the Clippers were a dysfunctional mess. I've watched plenty of Shamet from his time in Philly to know that we are getting an excellent shooter.

So the clippers are a dysfunctional mess? Not that i disagreed but in the bubble they weren’t the same team from precovid, they checked..... so with that said, Shamet, this win now piece, was traded twice.....

How did shoot when he was benched? He could be a new modern day Anthony Morrow....

With the current roster setup, we need the likes of a Bey or someone else to play the wing position at a high and impactful level. Sounds like some are diminishing Bey more than he should rec’d.

Boston, now Philly are getting better but we get Shamet.... for the short term...
The ModFather

My sports teams are currently experiencing suckiness. Please pardon the mess.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#183 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:12 am

CalamityX12 wrote:Bey plays positions where we have no depth and questionable players at. Can’t compare Brown to him when he hasn’t even played....

and if we drafted bey we would still have no depth there.

What did SHamet’s 40% do for the clips in the bubble? He’s not trusting for me... i recognize his shooting when hot of course but he couldn’t get it going with both Kawaii n PG out there... and those two PLAY hard all over the floor, he had one job!

Lol. the bubble is irrelevant. it was basically summer league. handful of games after a months layoff with no fans, no home court, several players missing for many teams, guys getting sick, and 80% of the teams with nothing to play for. And PG? guy was complete TRASH. if we are going to knock a clipper, its PG not Shamet... Shamet shot 36% from three in the playoffs too. its not like he was bricking everything like PG.

Bey's ceiling is current shamet.

Kyrie and KD, they’re the opposite.. not slouches at defense per say but they need the hustle, grit or active guys... not Shamet! At least not Shamet over a possible prospect that solved that problem

Bey solved nothing. he would have probably spent more time in D-league then with the nets.

but its all irrelevant because we would have never drafted him.
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets
And1: 6,082

Post#184 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:14 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
Hello Brooklyn wrote:The more I think about this trade the more I hate it.

Why not take a 3 & D guy? The Clippers didn't even play Shamet in the playoffs. How was he worth a first round pick?

Think bigger picture. We just suddenly traded for two guards within the last 48 hours. why?

At the same time, neither Brown nor Shamet are better than Dinwiddie or LeVert.

I don’t think this necessarily mean both will be traded, but I’m sure this roster isn’t close to final yet regardless of whether we trade for Harden. There’s definitely more to come, so we just need to wait and see what ultimately will happen.
Stone
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,445

Post#185 » by Stone » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:16 am

Having Joe and Shamet....what a luxury!
The man who sleeps on the floor can never fall out of bed........Martin Lawrence
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#186 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am

MGrand15 wrote:Shamet is an elite Joe Harris level shooter. Getting him for the 19 is a BIG win. Saddiq Bey or someone else would've been awesome but Shamet is already a good NBA player.

Yup... people here are up in arms cause they have been watching youtube clips of the closest thing they could find to a 3 & D player who was mocked in the teens.

Shamet is lights out from deep. We will be at our best with elite shooters around KD/Kyrie. Shamet is a win now fit who is in just his 3rd year as well and who would have value if we needed to move him in a deal later. EVERY team in the league values elite range shooting.

I mean, Bey isnt a scrub. but his likely outcome is what... semi ojele?

People should be fist pumping over a trade we clearly won. We got Shamet for a pick you could probably buy for 3M
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#187 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:17 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Born_Ready wrote:Shamet can score. In my opinion Nets didn't see value at this spot and went with a more experienced player.

How did Shamet do in the playoffs? Can’t score when sitting on the bench behind two all stars and still couldn’t get looks.

We had a chance to haul a rookie with upside on a controllable contract. Even offered appeal for a bigger trade, Bey adds value to a trade for those Harden level type players...

Shamet is a joke if not scoring... scoring wasn’t going to be a problem.... only makes sense if both levert and Spencer are gone... and if they are and someone like Harden came, Shamet STILL doesn’t have a place here!

Shamet will see plenty of time. he will make KD/Kyrie better just by being on the floor. He has more trade value then Bey. Shamet is an elite fit on this team. similar to Harris being important.

Bey is good defender. he may see 10 minutes a game on an awful team. he wouldnt not get minutes here. he is going to struggle to be a in a 8 man rotation. he may eventually become a good 15 mpg player. he isnt some elite prospect. he was a good college player. if he works hard he may stick around in the league for a bit. he is not a lock to be a 20 mpg player. Shamet is already that for a playoff team

I feel Bey is getting a raw deal here. What Bey could or could not do shooting wise(he is a good shooter which can get better and better), he has other bball traits to produce on the floor. He shouldn’t be asked to do more(nor many rookies in this scenario) when we(a team) have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving followed by the likes of Spencer Dinwiddie and Caris Levert with a hopeful Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen. They are the ones who make or break the games. Bey is a potential great addition to help facilitate that as well and make the team competitive when the big guys sit.

Shamet does nothing but shoot! Not a defender at a high enough level for our 19th overall, a guard only defender, can’t switch, can’t go for rebounds, not someone to go inside... his biggest role is to make open looks. He does, we look great, he doesn’t he’s sitting...

You can’t say that for a Bey or someone close.
The ModFather

CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#188 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:20 am

Claud wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:How did Shamet do in the playoffs? Can’t score when sitting on the bench behind two all stars and still couldn’t get looks.

Shamet will see plenty of time. he will make KD/Kyrie better just by being on the floor. He has more trade value then Bey. Shamet is an elite fit on this team. similar to Harris being important.

Bey is good defender. he may see 10 minutes a game on an awful team. he wouldnt not get minutes here. he is going to struggle to be a in a 8 man rotation. he may eventually become a good 15 mpg player. he isnt some elite prospect. he was a good college player. if he works hard he may stick around in the league for a bit. he is not a lock to be a 20 mpg player. Shamet is already that for a playoff team

Can shamet play any D? All I remember from the time we played the 6ers is that Caris and Spencer just destroyed him. Did not look good defensively.

That’s what I’m saying! Like Caris and Spencer are individually greater than Shamet as a total player....

This is maddening to me... i understand why there would be light at the end of tunnel takes but don’t be blind... we needed wings or 3/4 guys more than another guard
The ModFather

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#189 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 am

According to ClipsFanSince98, KD is a big fan of Shamet. Apparently, he was an important player to focus on for the Warriors defensively.

At least, you know why we traded for him lol.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#190 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 am

Maybe Kurocs is also going out as part of the deal... just reading from NI twitter not confirmed
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#191 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:24 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:How did Shamet do in the playoffs? Can’t score when sitting on the bench behind two all stars and still couldn’t get looks.

I feel Bey is getting a raw deal here. What Bey could or could not do shooting wise(he is a good shooter which can get better and better), he has other bball traits to produce on the floor. He shouldn’t be asked to do more(nor many rookies in this scenario) when we(a team) have Kevin Durant and Kyrie Irving followed by the likes of Spencer Dinwiddie and Caris Levert with a hopeful Joe Harris and Jarrett Allen. They are the ones who make or break the games. Bey is a potential great addition to help facilitate that as well and make the team competitive when the big guys sit.

Shamet does nothing but shoot! Not a defender at a high enough level for our 19th overall, a guard only defender, can’t switch, can’t go for rebounds, not someone to go inside... his biggest role is to make open looks. He does, we look great, he doesn’t he’s sitting...

You can’t say that for a Bey or someone close.

Shamet doenst need to shoot. just standing 24 feet from the hoop makes our stars better. Bey helps no one because he wouldnt play. he might help the LI Nets i suppose.

Bey at his ceiling may one day be as valuable as shamet is right now. Shamet makes the nets better. Bey does nothing for us
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#192 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:25 am

NyCeEvO wrote:According to ClipsFanSince98, KD is a big fan of Shamet. Apparently, he was an important player to focus on for the Warriors defensively.

Now I’m done with them... lol.... we gave them everything... this is stupid lol... why have GMs? Just need secretaries for these players if they’re making all the moves.....

Lost respect for Sean
The ModFather

Prokorov
RealGM

Post#193 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:26 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
Claud wrote:
Prokorov wrote:

Can shamet play any D? All I remember from the time we played the 6ers is that Caris and Spencer just destroyed him. Did not look good defensively.

That’s what I’m saying! Like Caris and Spencer are individually greater than Shamet as a total player....

This is maddening to me... i understand why there would be light at the end of tunnel takes but don’t be blind... we needed wings or 3/4 guys more than another guard

shooting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

You can find defenders for dirt cheap. getting elite shooters, especially young ones who can also score in other ways is tougher to find and 10 times more impactful then a guy like bey who maybe gives you 8 minutes a night when someone gets injured.
MGrand15
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,758

Post#194 » by MGrand15 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:27 am

RJ Hampton looked so mad :lol:
NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#195 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:29 am

RJ Hampton has a lot of confidence and swagger to say the least.

Looked disappointed when the pick was made.

He’ll be going to a good team in Denver. If he’s humble enough and willing to learn, he could be a positive player for the Nuggets from Day 1.
Prokorov
RealGM

Post#196 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:29 am

CalamityX12 wrote:
NyCeEvO wrote:According to ClipsFanSince98, KD is a big fan of Shamet. Apparently, he was an important player to focus on for the Warriors defensively.

Now I’m done with them... lol.... we gave them everything... this is stupid lol... why have GMs? Just need secretaries for these players if they’re making all the moves.....

Lost respect for Sean

Marks just made an outstanding trade for an elite young shooter and you are made because he didnt draft a guy who project to be a 10th man on a good team in maybe 3 years from now. If we want someone like bey we can get one for peanuts like how we got brown.

We wouldnt even of drafted bey because we need guys who can help us win during the Kyrie/KD window.

Yea KD wanted shamet, cause shamet is an elite shooter and guy who impacts the game. not bey, who you forget is on the team while he racks up DNPs and bounces back and forth between the d-league
Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Official Nets 2020 Draft Thread 

Post#197 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

MrDollarBills wrote:
TheNetsFan wrote:
Read on Twitter

EXCELLENT TRADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BRAVO MARKS!!!!!!!!!

Exactly. We didn’t give up a thing to get him but the 19th pick. We’ve got shooters around Kyrie/KD or Kyrie, KD and Harden.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#198 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:30 am

Prokorov wrote:
Shamet doenst need to shoot. just standing 24 feet from the hoop makes our stars better. Bey helps no one because he wouldnt play. he might help the LI Nets i suppose.

Bey at his ceiling may one day be as valuable as shamet is right now. Shamet makes the nets better. Bey does nothing for us

Feel like the comparison for one over the other is using extremes. You can say DL stint for any rookie..... I don’t think that was in the cards for Bey, especially in a current structure now.... why drafter anyone above 10 then if that’s the mindset?

Shamet does one thing that we weren’t in dire need(always a need with shooters) of when thinking about the rest of the roster...
The ModFather

NyCeEvO
Forum Mod - Nets
Forum Mod - Nets

Post#199 » by NyCeEvO » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:31 am

MGrand15 wrote:RJ Hampton looked so mad :lol:

I wonder if he got a promise from a team, but they didn’t select him.
CalamityX12
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#200 » by CalamityX12 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:36 am

Prokorov wrote:
CalamityX12 wrote:
Claud wrote:

shooting >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Defense.

You can find defenders for dirt cheap. getting elite shooters, especially young ones who can also score in other ways is tougher to find and 10 times more impactful then a guy like bey who maybe gives you 8 minutes a night when someone gets injured.

shooting is key yes... but we have a small amount of shooters but a handful of scorers however... we have zero on defense and we need defense(potential via rookie), Bey could bring that... he wouldn’t be asked to be scoring at the pace of the better players, that’s what Caris, Spencer, Joe?, are for outside of Durant and Irving...

Shamet is better than Caris and Spencer? We can’t find defenders for dirt cheap.... haven’t found one yet... if anything this organization showed, by Marks, that they can find cheap offensive weapons and grow/mold them, latest one being TLC....

We can’t find jack sh*t at SF or PF over and over... and when we have a chance to address that, we threw it away.

Shamet only scores as a shooter, and when he’s on he’s great sure, but I’ve seen him often times as streak shooter and finds his way to the bench... doens’t do anything else on the court
The ModFather

Return to Brooklyn Nets