ImageImageImageImageImage

Warriors select C James Wiseman

Moderators: Sleepy51, Chris Porter's Hair, floppymoose

ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Re: Warriors select C James Wiseman 

Post#41 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:47 am

Okay...now that I know Curry actually hosted Wiseman in a camp and they've been tracking him for a while...I feel better.
I think if Klay is out for the season a better pick would have been a SF like Deni....let's just pray Klay is out for a few months and not for the entire season :(
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Little Digger
Head Coach
And1: 2,710

Post#42 » by Little Digger » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:53 am

ILOVEIT wrote:Okay...now that I know Curry actually hosted Wiseman in a camp and they've been tracking him for a while...I feel better.
I think if Klay is out for the season a better pick would have been a SF like Deni....let's just pray Klay is out for a few months and not for the entire season :(
Klay might not even be ready for the start of the 21-22 season
ILOVEIT—Good 'ol Bob. Two things that will survive the next apocalypse - Cockroaches and Fitz.
azwfan
RealGM
And1: 3,742

Post#43 » by azwfan » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:57 am

There's video of most of the top HS prospects at a Curry camp from a year or 2 ago. I recognized Wiseman, Edwards, Nico Mannion and Paige Bueckers. But I'm sure there were many more I just didn't recognize their faces.
LF75 wrote: It was a dumb idea..And yes I'm a dick.
B-King
Rookie
And1: 203

Post#44 » by B-King » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:59 am

Excited about the Big Ticket. Anyone else have a flashback of when we drafted Penny and then trading him away for Webber?
InWestWeTrust
Sixth Man
And1: 657

Post#45 » by InWestWeTrust » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:02 am

B-King wrote:Excited about the Big Ticket. Anyone else have a flashback of when we drafted Penny and then trading him away for Webber?

We got KG?

Don't remember that though, I was a few months old
thunderdunk
Bench Warmer
And1: 181

Post#46 » by thunderdunk » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:09 am

B-King wrote:Excited about the Big Ticket. Anyone else have a flashback of when we drafted Penny and then trading him away for Webber?

For sure. I think this is the lowest the Dubs have drafted since then. Ironic that Penny coached JW. Now -- first we need to see how bad Klay's injury is. If Klay is out for another year, then 2020-2021 becomes just another year to build the roster. I'm excited about JW -- the first 5 the dubs have drafted who could actually make a real impact since Webber. Hopefully he develops as they envision and becomes an All Star and plays for 10+ years for GS. Welcome JW!
Yoshi
Senior
And1: 30

Post#47 » by Yoshi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:13 am

What a super bittersweet day - I've been wanting Wiseman on the Dubbs for quite a few months and it finally happened! But damn regarding Klay's injury. Being in the medical field, you don't need an MRI to officially know if an Achilles was torn, but since his ACL was on his left knee, it's pretty common for athletes to injure the other leg by favoring it unknowingly.

I'm hoping the Warriors use the trade exception on a guard like Gordon?
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
marthafokker
General Manager
And1: 828

Post#48 » by marthafokker » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:14 am

thunderdunk wrote:

For sure. I think this is the lowest the Dubs have drafted since then. Ironic that Penny coached JW. Now -- first we need to see how bad Klay's injury is. If Klay is out for another year, then 2020-2021 becomes just another year to build the roster. I'm excited about JW -- the first 5 the dubs have drafted who could actually make a real impact since Webber. Hopefully he develops as they envision and becomes an All Star and plays for 10+ years for GS. Welcome JW!

So bad a draft that you forgot Joe Smith?
TB wrote:
We finally have a team for Nellie.... bring the old drunk back.
Yoshi
Senior

Post#49 » by Yoshi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:14 am

Little Digger wrote:
ILOVEIT wrote:Okay...now that I know Curry actually hosted Wiseman in a camp and they've been tracking him for a while...I feel better.
Klay might not even be ready for the start of the 21-22 season

If it's an achilles, he won't be, unfortunately.
We're bringing the Axe back home to where it belongs! What do you see? UC Berkeley Fan of the SF Giants, 49ers, Warriors, Alabama Crimson Tide, Cal Bears, La Furia Roja, Three Lions, FC Barcelona, Arsenal FC, & the NZ All Blacks Rugby Team.
Yoshi
Senior

Post#50 » by Yoshi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:16 am

marthafokker wrote:
thunderdunk wrote:

So bad a draft that you forgot Joe Smith?

How about Todd Fuller?
ILOVEIT
RealGM
And1: 3,375

Post#51 » by ILOVEIT » Thu Nov 19, 2020 4:53 am

Weird....but I see more in James Wiseman's potential in this High School footage than anything I've seen so far. I like what I see...fluid...fast for his size for sure.

[url][/url]
2021/22 - The return of the Ring.
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#52 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:07 am

SpreeChokeJob wrote:
Money_ wrote:Warriors fans will be happy with this pick.

Hearing Klay's injury is a heel injury, not achilles as first rumored...

Shouldn’t be an Achilles, he hasn’t been playing a whole lot. I thought Achilles injuries happen with overuse. He has only been rehabbing, not playing full games.

Seems like Klay’s been doing a lot of cardio, though. Sprinting on football fields and all that. But yeah, I’m hoping it’s the the Achilles
#DubNation
Flash Falcon X
General Manager
And1: 4,706

Post#53 » by Flash Falcon X » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 am

Wiseman’s been working on his game like crazy since he pulled out of the NCAA. He could have a completely improved skill set than what we see in those older videos.
#DubNation
Quazza
Head Coach
And1: 1,727

Post#54 » by Quazza » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:18 am

InWestWeTrust wrote:

We got KG?

i definitely remember taking Joe Smith that year and him being on the front cover of the basketball paper down here. Headline "Not Your Average Joe "

Vintage Warriors
KevinMcreynolds wrote:BIG DICK BOB DOIN WORK

KGdaBom wrote:You can go back and read every post I made. Never said one bad thing about one person until Coxy came up with his Vagiclean comment
Yoshi
Senior

Post#55 » by Yoshi » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:35 am

Quazza wrote:
InWestWeTrust wrote:

We got KG?

i definitely remember taking Joe Smith that year and him being on the front cover of the basketball paper down here. Headline "Not Your Average Joe "

Vintage Warriors

The same Joe Smith who was taken no 1 overall prior to the Spurs taking Duncan no 1 overall? :banghead:
Mylie10
RealGM
And1: 9,612

Post#56 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:37 am

KevinMcreynolds wrote:This is so much less exciting with the Klay news

*High five* with Mylie tho

Thanks bro....so bummed right now
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:39 am

Quazza wrote:the big question of this draft.......... where the **** is Mylie ??

Lol!
Khoee wrote “
Mav_Carter wrote: my list doesn't matter...I'm pretty much wrong on everything...
clyde21
RealGM
And1: 69,128

Post#58 » by clyde21 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:42 am

congrats to Mylie he got his guy

not the biggest Wiseman fan but let's go Big Ticket!
Mylie10
RealGM

Post#59 » by Mylie10 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:46 am

Without Klay it’s bitter sweet
Khoee wrote “
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,235

Post#60 » by luciano-davidwesley » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:44 am

I was hoping he'd drop to 3 for my hornets but you guys got him. I think he will be the best player in this draft.

Return to Golden State Warriors