ImageImageImageImageImage

WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet, Bruce Brown to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder, Jaylen Hands, 1

Moderators: NyCeEvO, Rich Rane

Paradise
Nets Forum: Asst. To The RM
And1: 11,875

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, 19th Pick to DET 

Post#21 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:10 am

He didn’t waste no time celebrating lol

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,233

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, 19th Pick to DET 

Post#22 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:14 am

Wow this is a steal. Definitely worth the 19th pick IMO. He can easily start at the 2 for us and I can see him leading the league in 3 pt % some day. He's also the defender and athlete we needed. He's also young and has alot more room to grow. He checks ALL the boxes for us. Perfect fit ! I'm excited about this one. We're going to turn him into a very good player like we did with Din and harris. Imagine him and Harris hanging around the 3 pt line, and both can also score off the dribble, elite shooting and floor spacing for Kyrie and KD.
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#23 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:54 am

Paradise wrote:He didn’t waste no time celebrating lol

Read on Twitter

I love it!!!
Man, I'm hyped now. I think he knows he has a chance to re-ignite his career as the 5th starter. His off-ball marksmanship and on-ball defense make more sensenext to Kev&Ky(tm) than the high-usage brilliance of either Spencer or Caris.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Post#24 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:56 am

It looks like we also got the 57th pick in this deal.

I like Reggie Perry as a prospect, but I was REALLY hoping we would pick Paul Reed. He ends up going to our division rivals a pick later. We'll see in 5 years who won that assessment.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
DarkXaero
RealGM
And1: 5,572

Post#25 » by DarkXaero » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:33 am

haosmoove wrote:Should we have just traded for Kennard? I wonder if Shamet having one mroe year in his rookie deal had anything to do with it.
That was probably a factor but I think it had more to do with Kennard's injury issues/risk.
Paradise

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#26 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:57 am

DarkXaero wrote:
haosmoove wrote:Should we have just traded for Kennard? I wonder if Shamet having one mroe year in his rookie deal had anything to do with it.
That was probably a factor but I think it had more to do with Kennard's injury issues/risk.

According to Zach Lowe, we debated on Kennard vs Shamet.

Read on Twitter
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Re: WOJ: Nets, Clippers, Pistons 3 way Deal: Landry Shamet to Nets , Kennard to LAC, McGruder & 19th Pick to DET 

Post#27 » by therealbig3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:15 am

19th pick was unlikely to be a contributor for us, and we got a knockdown, 23 year old shooter who has 2 more years on his rookie deal. He was a key rotation player and even started for the Clippers this past postseason, a team that was universally considered a championship contender.

This is just a win all-around from our perspective, and it looks like the other teams got what they wanted as well. Shamet is an excellent shooter with slashing ability on a rookie deal, with big game experience. Fits perfectly next to KD and Kyrie.

Only thing though is he’s not a good defender at all lol. He needs major work on that side of the ball.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Post#28 » by therealbig3 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 9:17 am

Wonder how this affects a potential Harden trade offer? The 19th pick is presumably our best pick for a while, but maybe Houston just wasn’t impressed by much in this draft and prefers a more established young player on a bargain deal. Shamet might be moved in a Harden trade down the line.
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#29 » by Netaman » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:56 pm

I expect they would have taken Bey, but the thing is if you look at all the similar Nova players who've been drafted in recent years, none of them have really excelled as shooters as much as may have been expected from 3. Bridges, Spellman, Brunson, Divincenzo, Paschall, Hart, etc.

Tells me all of them shooting 40%+ in college was more a product of that system because none of them are close to that mark since entering the NBA. The past isn't predictive and maybe Bey would have bucked that trend, but I also look at that list of prospects ahead of him and wouldn't bet that he ends up being the best of the bunch.

With Shamet you lose 2 years of cheap control but gain a player who is likely better than the alternatives that were on the board.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#30 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:14 pm

Me like him. I think he'll fit in just fine.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#31 » by GTR11 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 3:21 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=20
Just a guess. Him being shaky during bubble could be that. We kept Din and DJ home.
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#32 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:44 pm

therealbig3 wrote:19th pick was unlikely to be a contributor for us, and we got a knockdown, 23 year old shooter who has 2 more years on his rookie deal. He was a key rotation player and even started for the Clippers this past postseason, a team that was universally considered a championship contender.

This is just a win all-around from our perspective, and it looks like the other teams got what they wanted as well. Shamet is an excellent shooter with slashing ability on a rookie deal, with big game experience. Fits perfectly next to KD and Kyrie.

Only thing though is he’s not a good defender at all lol. He needs major work on that side of the ball.

i wouldnt say he is "not a good defender at all". maybe not a great team defender but he is disruptive and athletic. he gets tons of tips, deflections, blocks for his size. its not liek he is a turnstyle either. not a lockdown guy but butter then levert or harris
Prokorov
RealGM
And1: 14,676

Post#33 » by Prokorov » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:46 pm

therealbig3 wrote:Wonder how this affects a potential Harden trade offer? The 19th pick is presumably our best pick for a while, but maybe Houston just wasn’t impressed by much in this draft and prefers a more established young player on a bargain deal. Shamet might be moved in a Harden trade down the line.

the 2023-2025 picks are most valuable. those have a chance to be good with our age/injury and being further out. plus un executed picks typically owrth more then selected players
Netaman
Analyst
And1: 1,069

Post#34 » by Netaman » Thu Nov 19, 2020 7:53 pm

As it seemed when this trade went down Temple officially out:

Read on Twitter
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#35 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:07 pm

I thought we could of used Temples contract for a trade. So this means we have the MLE to use right?
Paradise

Post#36 » by Paradise » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:11 pm

Papi_swav wrote:I thought we could of used Temples contract for a trade. So this means we have the MLE to use right?

Yes. I fully expect Sean to use it after a potential Ibaka S&T.
Keith Van Horn
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,174

Post#37 » by Keith Van Horn » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:22 pm

what a sneaky good move. I really hope we still bring back Joe. I'm wondering, like some of you, if this pickup is going to be used in a deal for Harden though. I'm also wondering what this means for the likes of TLC and Tyler Johnson.
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,563

Post#38 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:33 pm

Netaman wrote:As it seemed when this trade went down Temple officially out:

Read on Twitter

:( farewell GT
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
MrDollarBills
RealGM
And1: 36,563

Post#39 » by MrDollarBills » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:34 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:what a sneaky good move. I really hope we still bring back Joe. I'm wondering, like some of you, if this pickup is going to be used in a deal for Harden though. I'm also wondering what this means for the likes of TLC and Tyler Johnson.

Joe is getting 4 years @ 18 mil per.
BAF Indiana Pacers 2023-24

C: Richaun Holmes/Thomas Bryant
PF: Karl Anthony Towns/Santi Aldama
SF: OG Anunoby/Matisse Thybulle
SG: Luke Kennard/Terance Mann/K. Caldwell Pope
PG: Cole Anthony/Isaiah Joe
Papi_swav
General Manager

Post#40 » by Papi_swav » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:44 pm

Keith Van Horn wrote:what a sneaky good move. I really hope we still bring back Joe. I'm wondering, like some of you, if this pickup is going to be used in a deal for Harden though. I'm also wondering what this means for the likes of TLC and Tyler Johnson.

TLC is signed for a good cheap contract so i expect him to stay here. Tyler is probably gone, I don't know if we'll resign him.

Return to Brooklyn Nets